Stealing a co-workers lunch? Really?

1235»

Comments

• Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    I think I will put a package of microwave popcorn in the microwave and set the timer for about 20 minutes and walk away

:lol::lol::lol: That made me laugh so hard!!! NOTHING smells worse than burnt popcorn in an office!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    I think I will put a package of microwave popcorn in the microwave and set the timer for about 20 minutes and walk away

:lol::lol::lol: That made me laugh so hard!!! NOTHING smells worse than burnt popcorn in an office!

I walked over there to get my sandwich out of the fridge and it smells like the dumpster in back of a chinese restaraunt has exploded and is still burning
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

i have some shit microwave popcorn at home.....and now i have a use for it.

thank you kind sir
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • JTHJTH Posts: 3,238
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    In my office's microwaves, putting the popcorn in for 3 minutes is all you'd need to do the job. There's a big sign on all of them that says POPCORN - 1 MINUTE MAXIMUM!!!!!!! (give or take a few exclamation points) Surely everyone takes heed and there's nary a burnt kernel, right?

Fucking wrong.
    JTH wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    In my office's microwaves, putting the popcorn in for 3 minutes is all you'd need to do the job. There's a big sign on all of them that says POPCORN - 1 MINUTE MAXIMUM!!!!!!! (give or take a few exclamation points) Surely everyone takes heed and there's nary a burnt kernel, right?

Fucking wrong.

the problem is...offices have stupid people in them....and shitty microwaves.

i hate when i have to use our office microwave....not only is it a cheap POS, it's full of grime. you need to wear extra thick rubber gloves and encase your food in cement to keep yourself safe from the horrors that lie within
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    there have been times that I have walked by, the microwave is on, cooking something, and there is no one there. not sure if they are in the bathroom or what
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    there have been times that I have walked by, the microwave is on, cooking something, and there is no one there. not sure if they are in the bathroom or what
    I do that all the time. Usually I'll start heating my food and then go to the cafeteria to get a drink.

But I know how to set the power level so that my food doesn't get incinerated.
    JTH wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    I do that all the time. Usually I'll start heating my food and then go to the cafeteria to get a drink.

But I know how to set the power level so that my food doesn't get incinerated.

do you work at my office and are you the one with the nasty smelling food?
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

oh I have to disagree, I work with a lot of Asian people and one morning this girl put in some kind of fish in the microwave. When she came back to the table, i had to get up and walk away. It was the most foul smell I've ever encountered in my life. Made me want to vomit on the spot.
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

oh I have to disagree, I work with a lot of Asian people and one morning this girl put in some kind of fish in the microwave. When she came back to the table, i had to get up and walk away. It was the most foul smell I've ever encountered in my life. Made me want to vomit on the spot.

Yeah you're right...fish trumps everything :sick:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    do you work at my office and are you the one with the nasty smelling food?
    That's probably my coworker. She travels a lot and I believe the main ingredient of her favorite soup is ox urine.
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    We had a regular thing here with someone stealing people's lunch, a few times a week, turns out he was stealing people's wallet's too. Would go into their offices while they were at lunch . . .

Needless to say, he is no longer here.

found out he had quite a nasty drug problem, heard he's sober now, so that's one good thing
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

Reheated fish in an office microwave. That smells bad from here. :sick:
    new business model...

take lunches from office fridges around the city between 8-10am

sell them out of hte back of the truck from 11-1

pure profit
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    81 wrote:
    new business model...

take lunches from office fridges around the city between 8-10am