Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    my wallet is officially empty

i've foudn when i have cash in it, the woman uses it as an atm. :lol:
    The man's wallet IS an atm. :P

:fp:
    :lol::lol:
    My husband is in a band and they are almost always paid in cash. So he'll say "Need any cash?" and pull out a bunch of bills.

I started calling him my atm a long time ago. :lol:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • JTHJTH Posts: 3,238
    Strange-new-trend.jpg
  • 81 wrote:

yes...

an ohio based one to boot....closest branch.....270 miles east :lol:

shoot away.
    So your credit union basically works like a checking/savings account? I can join a credit union and have money instantly deducted weekly from my paycheck? If I needed to say withdrawl or borrow money from my credit union account do I pay penalties? Or is it basically a savings account that I can withdrawl from at anytime? Are you issued a debit/credit card for this account? Does it act like any other banking account as far as ATM machines? Do I have to go through hoops in order to make simple withdrawls?
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Brutal! Incredible what people can do when they're hungry
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:

yes...

an ohio based one to boot....closest branch.....270 miles east :lol:

shoot away.
    So your credit union basically works like a checking/savings account? I can join a credit union and have money instantly deducted weekly from my paycheck? If I needed to say withdrawl or borrow money from my credit union account do I pay penalties? Or is it basically a savings account that I can withdrawl from at anytime? Are you issued a debit/credit card for this account? Does it act like any other banking account as far as ATM machines? Do I have to go through hoops in order to make simple withdrawls?

it works basically like a bank.

check/savings/auto loans/credit cards/mortgages/debit cards/direct deposit/ACH....basically if a bank does it, a credit union does it.

now you go...wait...but there aren't many branchs for my credit union...how can i get my cash...

they do a shared branch thing....for example, my CU is based out of Ohio. had it for years, when we moved here, just changed my address....if i need to make a deposit or withdrawl, i hit up a CU out here, and they tap into my CU's account. i've not used the CU atm, but i suppose i could.

but my main cash source when i need cash...when i buy something at jewels or walmart....i grab 100 bucks when i check out, using my pin and the cash back option. i've never been charged a fee.....actually, in all my years (since about 98), i've never been charged for anything other than buying checks.

what are the benifits over a bank....customer service, lower fee's when there are fee's, slightly better rates on loans...potentially.

check out the website for the CU you are looking at. they should have a lot of info for you.

my only requirement is that i need to keep 25 in savings
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    A few years back ... where my dad worked the company gave certificates to get a turkey for the holidays ... he was sitting at a table and left the certificate under his pop can, went to the washroom, pop was still there, but the certificate was gone ... his attitude ... somebody needed it more than him. I'm like "nice co-workers".
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • I just checked out the credit unions website. Thanks 81. I drive by this credit union every day to and from work. I just want something where I can throw a small amount a week in to and just let it sit, but in case of emergency be able to use it with no hassles. You know what I mean, an account that Kathy has NO IDEA exists!!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    quick google of chicago credit unions

i would not join this one

http://www.northsidecommunityfcu.org/index.html

:lol:

limit you to 50 per day of atm withdrawls. :fp: :fp: :fp: :lol::lol::lol:

i think my limit is 300, not that i ever do that at an atm. if i need anything more than 100, i hit up a teller.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    I just checked out the credit unions website. Thanks 81. I drive by this credit union every day to and from work. I just want something where I can throw a small amount a week in to and just let it sit, but in case of emergency be able to use it with no hassles. You know what I mean, an account that Kathy has NO IDEA exists!!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

hooker and blow fund
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    quick google of chicago credit unions

i would not join this one

http://www.northsidecommunityfcu.org/index.html

:lol:

limit you to 50 per day of atm withdrawls. :fp: :fp: :fp: :lol::lol::lol:

i think my limit is 300, not that i ever do that at an atm. if i need anything more than 100, i hit up a teller.
    Leyden Credit Union..
    I will stop by there tomorrow morning and open an account. Set up direct deposit.

Nice to see the stock market have a nice day yesterday!!!!
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    I don't think I would want to ever chance someone else's lunch. who knows what the heck is in there and how long its been in the fridge. and the stuff I smell from people heating things up in microwave, disgusting.

but that is a rotten thing to do, take someones lunch. I would be ticked off
  • There was an episode of Friends about that. At my wife's new job she was warned that the big boss will do that so she puts her lunch in a pink bag so he stays away.
    Yes! The turkey sandwich with the moist maker :( :lol:

My lunch is so unexciting that no one wants to steal it :fp:

That episode was hilarious! :D
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • cubBEE_girlcubBEE_girl Posts: 3,365
    This happened to my friend at work. We went out to lunch, she had some leftover pizza and brought it back to the office. She wrote her name on the box and put it in the company fridge. When it was time to go home she went to the fridge to get her leftovers and noticed the box was open and all that was left was a half-eaten slice of pizza. People do suck!
    I lost a bet...
  • JTH wrote:
    Strange-new-trend.jpg
    I think I am going to check on my sandwich, make sure it's still there...
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    been saying this for many, many years...people suck

being self employed is awesome
  • To all my co-workers and anyone on the PJ boards...it would be very upsetting if you stole the salad my wife made me for lunch today and forced me to go to the alehouse for a burger and beer. Oh wait, this isnt the opposite thread. :mrgreen:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    People were driving around stealing generators after Hurricane Sandy, so stealing lunch is no surprise. One dude even tried to keep a boat that floated into his yard.

To be fair, the boat floated into his yard; his property! The lunchbag (presumably) never floated into someone else's office. ;)
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • I fired someone for repeatedly stealing lunches..

No one ever did it again.
    GoiMTvP.gif

How come you didnt fire him the 1st time he/she did it? What did they have to say when you confronted them? What was their excuse?

How come you didnt fire him the 1st time he/she did it? What did they have to say when you confronted them? What was their excuse?
    We did not know who it was... Took a couple of months to prove it... Had to get HR involved ... Blah blah blah
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    Why should any of this be happening in an office building?! WTF is this, some dystopian future where food is scarce and you have to steal for survival?

This is why I keep my lunch in one of those mini coolers with an icepack.

What really angers me are the douches who come into our meeting room and steal food and treats our people bring in for one another. Little things, like candy or cookies or something we leave out. No one outside our department has any reason to be in there, but they wander in uninvited and just snack away. It's been going on for more than a year, and it's the same couple people, and my boss' boss finally had to send a nastygram out about it. They also use our minifridge (taking up all our space) and our microwave (and never bother cleaning up after their food explodes).

WTF people. WTF.
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
    norm wrote:
    been saying this for many, many years...people suck

being self employed is awesome

I agree, would love to be self-employed
  • kw18 wrote:
    WTF is this, some dystopian future where food is scarce and you have to steal for survival?

Exactly!

Our society is slowly but surely reverting towards a Lord of The Flies mentality.
    Such a brutal, survival of the fittest way of thinking which is unsettling to say the least.

No thought for others well being whatsoever, not even a little.
    Nice shirt.
    anytime you need to get rid of food here, any kind of food, just put it out on the table. it will disappear by the end of the day.
  • rick1zoo2 wrote:
    anytime you need to get rid of food here, any kind of food, just put it out on the table. it will disappear by the end of the day.

You guys want some pickled herring?
  • rick1zoo2 wrote:

Yes!
    GoiMTvP.gif
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

I am sure there are those here that would eat that and put it in the microwave and stink up the whole place too
  • Fucking gross