Florida Again?

124»

Comments

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    She's crazy. And hot. Crazy hot.

Jenna-Conti.png

I'm guessing a lot of dads offered to take their kids swimming on the days she showed up which led to the ban.
    Florida woman reportedly crushed to death by homemade elevator

A Florida woman was reportedly crushed to death by a friend’s homemade elevator.

The Tampa Bay Times reports that Margaret Elizabeth Harrison, 66, went to her friend’s Weeki Wachee home early Tuesday and but didn’t show up for more than an hour after Jean Blair sent an outside elevator to the building’s first floor in anticipation of Harrison’s arrival.

"I thought, oh, good, she made it," Frank Jorr, Harrison’s boyfriend, told the newspaper on Thursday.

Deputies said Jorr found Harrison underneath an elevator constructed by Blair’s husband using a forklift, wood and welded metal. Under Florida law, lifts and other conveyances in private homes do not require certificates of operation or inspections, the newspaper reports, and no citations were issued. Officials, however, did shut down the device.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/08/20/s ... of-shrimp/

A Florida man attacked his mother and her boyfriend with knives and a samurai sword after an argument about a missing can of shrimp. The Orlando Sentinel reported that 34-year-old Jayson Laughman is in custody after the attack, which took place Saturday morning in Volusia County, FL.

Michael Airhart, 52, Laughman’s mother’s boyfriend told police that the dispute began around 8:30 in the morning after he accused Laughman of taking a can of shrimp. A “heated verbal argument” followed in which the two men agreed to take it outside and fight it out.

Once outside, Laughman threatened to beat Airhart with a piece of statuary, but the fight didn’t progress past that point. Airhart said that he went inside thinking that the confrontation was over.

Laughman said that he remembers nothing of what followed because he “went into code red and lost his temper,” according to a police report. His mother and Airhart were in her room with the door closed watching television when Laughman used a samurai sword to break down the door.

Once inside the room, he began to throw kitchen knives at Airhart, who escaped unharmed through a sliding glass door.

During police questioning, Laughman began to complain of chest pains. Police personnel took him to Florida Fish Memorial Hospital, where he remains under police guard. Sheriff’s deputies arrested him and charged him with assault with a deadly weapon.
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    Shrimp comes in cans?
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Shrimp comes in cans?

ForrestListeningToBubba2.jpg

I don't remember that one from the list
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    Shrimp comes in cans?

ForrestListeningToBubba2.jpg

I don't remember that one from the list

:lol::lol:

cat food?
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    Canned sea bugs ...

2010-10-27-WildPlanetShrimp2.jpg
  • jlaustinjlaustin Posts: 2,355
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/1 ... lp00000009
    A 31-year-old Florida woman is accused of posing as a teenager in order to have sex with a 14-year-old boy.

Naomi Dixon is charged with two counts of lewd and lascivious battery involving a sex act with a child, according to the Daytona Beach News-Journal. The victim told Volusia County sheriff's investigators that he met Dixon at a party in early September. Dixon allegedly claimed she was 17 years old, and the victim said he was 14.

After the two met, they had sex at her Deltona home eight times and stayed together regularly, the victim said. According to a sheriff's report, the victim had a hard time leaving Dixon's home. On several occasions when he tried to go home, she became upset, locked the door and even choked him.

The victim claimed the woman carved his first initial onto her arm with a pocket knife. He told his parents about the relationship on Sept. 25 after growing tired of the woman trying to keep him at her house.

When she was arrested Thursday, Dixon at first denied she had sex with the boy. She also insisted she thought he was 18. She is being held at Volusia County Branch Jail on $50,000 bail.

Predatory posers aren't uncommon. In June 2012, a 24-year-old Massachusetts woman was arrested after posing as a teenage boy in order to have sex with a 15-year-old West Virginia girl. According to court documents, Carissa Hads hid her breasts by wearing a black brace, and used a prosthetic penis in an encounter with the minor.

In 2011, an Ohio woman created a fake Facebook profile and posed as an "attention-grabbing teenage girl" in order to gather incriminating information about her estranged husband. Her covert operation actually ended up getting her husband arrested, after he reportedly installed a tracking device on his wife's car.
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/05/justice/f ... ?hpt=hp_t2

Florida man kills wife and son with crossbow, then slits throat

:o
  • he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
    http://www.inquisitr.com/1295817/crystal-metheny-arrested-36-year-old-crystal-metheny-accused-of-shooting-missile-into-vehicle/
    Crystal Metheny was arrested in Polk Country, Florida on May 5. While her name might play on a drug-related incident, Metheny was actually arrested after allegedly shooting a missile into a vehicle. According to The Orlando Sentinel, she was charged in the case and then freed on $5,000 bond the next day.

It’s unclear where Metheny got a missile or how she shot it into a vehicle (or why). The 36-year-old is making headline news around the country today, mainly because of her incredible name. Of course there have been other criminals with strange names (like Crystal Beth), but, according to public record, these names are all legit.

Crystal Metheny was previously arrested on a marijuana charge back in 2012. According to Huffington Post, the severity of the current charge against her is unclear. Why? Well, in the state of Florida, the term “missile” can be used to describe “a stone or other hard substance.” That means that Metheny could have been cuffed for throwing a rock through the window of a car. And that makes this story far less appealing — except for the fact that the woman’s name is still “Crystal Metheny.”

Huff Post also reports that someone actually called the Polk County Sheriff Department to confirm the name — just to make sure that it wasn’t a joke. A sheriff’s office spokeswoman said:

“Sir, this is Florida. We have a lot of interesting names here.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Along with Crystal Metheny getting arrested, a man named Edward Cocaine was also recently arrested. Mr. Cocaine, however, was busted on drug charges. As previously reported by The Inquisitr, the judge asked the man about his interesting moniker. He told the judge:

“My great-grandparents came over here from Greece and they changed it… That was like in the 1920s… but it was my dad’s name, and his dad’s name.”

Having a name that makes a drug reference almost guarantees that you’re going to find yourself in some kind of trouble at some point in your life — or at least that’s how it seems in Florida. Both Crystal Metheny and Edward Cocaine both reside in The Sunshine State.

Crystal Metheny’s arrest will land her in court. It’s unclear what kind of punishment she faces. There is a chance that she could get fined and be sent on her way… however, it wouldn’t be surprising to see her name in the press in the future.

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/1295817/crystal-metheny-arrested-36-year-old-crystal-metheny-accused-of-shooting-missile-into-vehicle/#QlKelk8l21btHvP4.99
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    Thank god I've only got a "pistachio" in my name!
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,902

Ok, not sure howyou'dlook this up, but when I
    was 13, I went on a family vacation to Florida.
    While staying a this badass KOA on one of the keys,
    We were all awoken by some nut job running through
    the campgrounds, the police hot on his tail. He was
    naked as the day he was born, and had this crazy huge
    fish in his hands. Later, we found out, someone had
    called the police after seeing man sexually assaulting
    Said fish!!!! That was in oh... 85, 86??? Still haunts me!

sexually assaulting a fish is ILLEGAL?? who knew?

we used to do college spring break on a budget in the keys. one year, we took a big stash of a depressant drug with us and we had the entire campground stumbling around. said drug was 50 cents apiece or 3 for a dollar :))

any time a decent Winnebago or whatever pulled into the campground, it got elated with beer cans.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
    Florida strikes again...look at these two!
    http://stuppid.com/arrested-selling-golden-tickets-heaven/
    We were but stones your light made us stars

Florida strikes again...look at these two!
    http://stuppid.com/arrested-selling-golden-tickets-heaven/

The accompanied photo is warranted in this case ...