Options

Soundgarden Tour

Comments

• Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I got busy with work and totally zoned out on trying for tix. If anyone can help out with Philly, it would be appreciated
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    Anyone know what time SG plan to hit the stage tonight?

Also, is there an opener?
  • Options
    curlygirly9curlygirly9 Vancouver, WA Posts: 1,872
    What an F*n nightmare trying to get tix for Portland. PCPA theatre page wouldn't load, then I was placed in queue for 10 min, during that time I called ticketswest for better luck, and apparently there were no 2 orchestra seats next to each other available, and by the time the guy found some tix, my tickets from the PCPA finally appeared and they were better than his. How the hell did I get worse seats during the presale yesterday than my tix today, and more importantly, how the hell is there no orchestra seats available during the presale, and at 10 am when tix go on sale publicly? Sorry, rant over. :fp:

Anyway, I managed to get slightly better seats today, so I have an extra pair of tix to the Portland show if anyone's interested...
    Rose Garden Arena - Nov 02, 2000, Key Arena - Oct 22, 2001, Key Arena - Dec 08, 2002, Key Arena - Dec 09, 2002, Clark County Amphitheater - Sep 26, 2009
  • Options
    uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    Red Lukin wrote:

My research has told me that there is no opener and they should be hitting stage at around 9 or shortly thereafter. I'm not risking anything and will probably get there around 7:30.
  • Options
    jasonjason Posts: 468
    Should be a sweet show. Big band in front of 3,000 people. Got mine yesterday. In the back of the main floor, but we are in the house and that is all that matters!!

Thanks to all for the help!
  • Options
    Red Lukin wrote:

My research has told me that there is no opener and they should be hitting stage at around 9 or shortly thereafter. I'm not risking anything and will probably get there around 7:30.

thanks man. I'll aim to be there around 8. Have a blast!
  • Options
    Red Lukin wrote:

thanks man. I'll aim to be there around 8. Have a blast!
    No prob, enjoy the show!
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,087
    Got shut out for the Hammerstein shows.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    Amazing show last night. Band was tight. New songs sounded amazing live but it seems not many ppl knew them or were into them.

Only downsides were it seemed Chris was singing over prerecorded vocals at times. They for sure had pre-recorded vocals on Rowing. Now sure why Matt couldn't sing instead?

JCP was on the setlist but not played.

We moved up for the last 6 songs. Wanted to hear By Crooked Steps and A Thousand Days Before up close and I was suprised how dead ppl were. Chris looked at me because it seems I was the only one into those new songs.

Lame crowd (except for the older songs), but amazing show. Matt was awesome!
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,941
    Red Lukin wrote:
    Amazing show last night. Band was tight. New songs sounded amazing live but it seems not many ppl knew them or were into them.

Only downsides were it seemed Chris was singing over prerecorded vocals at times. They for sure had pre-recorded vocals on Rowing. Now sure why Matt couldn't sing instead?

JCP was on the setlist but not played.

We moved up for the last 6 songs. Wanted to hear By Crooked Steps and A Thousand Days Before up close and I was suprised how dead ppl were. Chris looked at me because it seems I was the only one into those new songs.

Lame crowd (except for the older songs), but amazing show. Matt was awesome!
    From the second row, the only pre-recording I noticed was Rowing, and I had no problem with it since he was singing over it. Also, the crowd seemed excellent up front, and my friend and I were rocking out. It was really an excellent time for me - great first SG experience :)
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    lephtylephty Posts: 770
    i got 2 tickets to hammerstein ballroom night 2!

haven't been this excited for a show since i saw Chris Cornell in his small venue tour. Never thought I would ever get to see Soundgarden live
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    lephty wrote:
    i got 2 tickets to hammerstein ballroom night 2!

haven't been this excited for a show since i saw Chris Cornell in his small venue tour. Never thought I would ever get to see Soundgarden live
    Soundgarden at Hammerstein is going to be sick. 3,000 capacity venue :mrgreen:
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,896
    Getting really excited for the LA show at the Fonda with what I'm reading from everybody that's already seen them in NYC & Toronto. 9 days away!

Picked up a ticket for the last show of the tour in the new year at the Wiltern in LA. Love both of these venues that they're playing in LA and can't wait for the shows!
  • Options
    kasedoug wrote:
    Getting really excited for the LA show at the Fonda with what I'm reading from everybody that's already seen them in NYC & Toronto. 9 days away!

Picked up a ticket for the last show of the tour in the new year at the Wiltern in LA. Love both of these venues that they're playing in LA and can't wait for the shows!
    I was at both the Bowery Hurricane Sandy show that was billed as Cornell solo, but he brought a few of his friends Kim, Matt and Ben :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: Was also at the Irving Plaza show the next night and both nights were phenomenal. You're in for a real treat. If the Fonda is as small as Irving Plaza (1,000 capacity) there's no way you can do anything but have a good time.

Just beware the moshers. Not sure about the other shows but some fuckheads thought it would be fun to mosh so there was literally a big empty pit in the middle where people were just shoving each other around while the rest of us were off to the side and the back trying to enjoy the band.
  • Options
    The Fonda holds ~1300 and I've already freed up that afternoon so I can get there early. :D

Just remembered I'll also be seeing their "mini-concert" at Jimmy Kimmel Live the day before as well.

I'm sure there will be knuckleheads attempting to mosh, just like there will be the people who get there late and attempt to shove all the way up to the front, or the really super tall guy that's always right up front blocking everyone's view. All the normal concert fouls. :nono:
    Suziemay wrote:
    kasedoug wrote:

I was at both the Bowery Hurricane Sandy show that was billed as Cornell solo, but he brought a few of his friends Kim, Matt and Ben :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: Was also at the Irving Plaza show the next night and both nights were phenomenal. You're in for a real treat. If the Fonda is as small as Irving Plaza (1,000 capacity) there's no way you can do anything but have a good time.

Just beware the moshers. Not sure about the other shows but some fuckheads thought it would be fun to mosh so there was literally a big empty pit in the middle where people were just shoving each other around while the rest of us were off to the side and the back trying to enjoy the band.
  • Options
    Friday night's show was great! The new songs sound incredible live.
  • Options
    kasedoug wrote:
    The Fonda holds ~1300 and I've already freed up that afternoon so I can get there early. :D

Just remembered I'll also be seeing their "mini-concert" at Jimmy Kimmel Live the day before as well.

I'm sure there will be knuckleheads attempting to mosh, just like there will be the people who get there late and attempt to shove all the way up to the front, or the really super tall guy that's always right up front blocking everyone's view. All the normal concert fouls. :nono:
    Yeah, I guess I was being naive. I've had such great experiences in GA. I mean, there was no moshing at Slash which I was totally expecting. Live and learn. I will be standing off to the side at Hammerstein :)
  • Options
    Anybody know how much posters and other merch cost at the shows? Budgeting for Tuesday. :D
  • Options
    kasedoug wrote:
    Anybody know how much posters and other merch cost at the shows? Budgeting for Tuesday. :D
    I can't remember, but I think the tour poster was $30CAD and shirts were maybe $5 more than that. Enjoy the show tonight!
  • Options
    Enjoy the show tonight!

Thanks! So excited. Can't wait!
  • Options
    Um, wow. Soundgarden truly is sounding better than ever. Last night's show was amazing. It usually takes me until seeing a live show to really make a judgement on new material and the King Animal stuff sounded great. Really makes me like it a lot more. They all seemed to really be enjoying it too, even Kim who's always so stoic. They brought out a cake mid show to wish Matt a happy 50th birthday and Chris had everybody sing. Chris mentioned that when they first played LA back in the late 80's, it was to an industry audience with folded arms, but that he didn't see much of that last night. He did make the people who were sitting in the balcony stand up though at one point. Overall, just a really incredible show and I feel fortunate to have gotten through for tickets.

Also, I know they've done it randomly in the past at other shows, but last night the band signed 25 of the 100 show posters available and the merch guy really went out of his way to get the 1st 25 people to buy (the ones who had been waiting the longest outside at the front of the line), the signed posters. Much appreciated and thankful to get one. :D

SGFonda.jpg

SGPoster.jpg
  • Options
    kasedoug wrote:
    Um, wow. Soundgarden truly is sounding better than ever. Last night's show was amazing. It usually takes me until seeing a live show to really make a judgement on new material and the King Animal stuff sounded great. Really makes me like it a lot more. They all seemed to really be enjoying it too, even Kim who's always so stoic. They brought out a cake mid show to wish Matt a happy 50th birthday and Chris had everybody sing. Chris mentioned that when they first played LA back in the late 80's, it was to an industry audience with folded arms, but that he didn't see much of that last night. He did make the people who were sitting in the balcony stand up though at one point. Overall, just a really incredible show and I feel fortunate to have gotten through for tickets.

Also, I know they've done it randomly in the past at other shows, but last night the band signed 25 of the 100 show posters available and the merch guy really went out of his way to get the 1st 25 people to buy (the ones who had been waiting the longest outside at the front of the line), the signed posters. Much appreciated and thankful to get one. :D

SGFonda.jpg

SGPoster.jpg
    :shock: :shock: :shock: Um, can I just say I'm jealous? Happy Birthday Matt and signed poster? Unreal! Good on the merch guy, very happy for you.
  • Options
    kasedoug wrote:

SGFonda.jpg

SGPoster.jpg
    Last night's show was amazing! And I didn't even know my poster was signed until I unrolled it after I got home. It was a nice surprise!
  • Options
    Terje131 wrote:
    Last night's show was amazing! And I didn't even know my poster was signed until I unrolled it after I got home. It was a nice surprise!
    That's the best kind of surprise. Congrats!
  • Options
    kasedoug wrote:

Good to hear. This band has truly impressed since their reformation. Everyone who has a chance should do everything they can to catch Soundgarden live.
  • Options
    For anybody looking for a chance to buy those $15 tix to see Soundgarden at Terminal 5 in NYC next month:

Tweet #AmexSoundgardenTix for opp to buy 2 tix to 1/16 @Soundgarden NYC show- $15/ea +fees w/synced Card. Exp 1/6 Terms http://t.co/VkhLbZ6S
  • Options
    kasedoug wrote:
    For anybody looking for a chance to buy those $15 tix to see Soundgarden at Terminal 5 in NYC next month:

Tweet #AmexSoundgardenTix for opp to buy 2 tix to 1/16 @Soundgarden NYC show- $15/ea +fees w/synced Card. Exp 1/6 Terms http://t.co/VkhLbZ6S
    :( I tweeted that like 10x and nada. I'm either doing something wrong, or they decided that they don't like my twitter handle? Others got tweets back in seconds!

Guess I'll just have to settle for the two Hammerstein shows.
  • Options
    Got the 20 tix.

POP POP!

SuzieMay you have to sync your card and once you do that send a tweet with the hashtag #AmexSoundgardenTix. Hastag may be case sensitive so copy and paste. You should get a response with the link and password to buy tix. If that doesn't work, tweet @askamex and they should help you out.
    POP POP!
  • Options
    Magnitude wrote:
    Got the 20 tix.

POP POP!

SuzieMay you have to sync your card and once you do that send a tweet with the hashtag #AmexSoundgardenTix. Hastag may be case sensitive so copy and paste. You should get a response with the link and password to buy tix. If that doesn't work, tweet @askamex and they should help you out.
    How do you "sync" your card? I tweeted @askamex, no response. My card is synced on Facebook but I'm not sure if that's the same thing?

Congrats on getting the tix!

EDIT: ah ha ha ha ha. I think I just figured it out. I googled amex+sync+twitter and got this:
    Sorry, we have detected that you have a protected Twitter account.
    Unfortunately, protected accounts are ineligible for this program. If you are unsure of whether you have protected your account, log in to your Twitter account and visit your Account Settings Page within the Settings section. Ensure that the box next to “Protect my Tweets” is unchecked and click “Save Changes” to participate in this program. After you save changes you can return to sync.americanexpress.com/twitter and sync your Card.

I'm good at a lot of things, apparently tweeting is not one of them! I don't even know what a protected account means!!
  • Options
    Omigod got 'em. Thank you Magnitude (aka POP POP guy) :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: