Options

Soundgarden Tour

Comments

• Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Suziemay wrote:
    That tour shirt on the left is awesome, it says "Louder than Fuck" :D
    I was so tempted to get it, but my old Soundgarden cap needed replacing.
    Maybe it will show up on their website! Would be awesome to see someone wearing that and their buddy wearing the PJ Shut Up and Listen shirt :D:D
  • Options
    moses-imoses-i Posts: 138
    moses-i wrote:
    Anybody get the poster from Toronto night 2? I was there and didn't want to wait in line-got a bit of look at it but passed. I was so blown away by the show and regret not getting one. Anyone willing to part with theirs or got an extra? Could someone at least post a pic so I can get a better look at it.

thanks.
    Here's a photo I grabbed post-show. It's not the best, but it gives you an idea:
    SGposternight2_zps05da28e7.jpg

Thanks so much!
    if jah is the ship, we smile at the storm.
  • Options
    uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    moses-i wrote:

Thanks so much!
    No problem. I didn't know why I took the picture, but now I guess it all makes sense.
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Detroit, Jan. 27th
    What an incredible experience!

My fiance and I stayed downtown to celebrate his birthday. We headed to the venue around 3:30 to find 15 people in line already. We snagged fast-lane passes after being out in the cold for way too long.... so we went to the bar until 6pm. Met SOOO many awesome people outside; so great to be around people that share your passions. No place I'd rather be.

Nick and I were the 10th people in the door, took the spot on the rail between Chris and Ben with a perfect view of Matt in between.

Kim was very nice and appreciative and came out to thank the crowd as the crew was tearing down. Watching him and Chris battle a bit was totally sweet.

Ben was AMAZING!! To be right in front of that fucking bass line and it vibrating your entire body. Ahh. Ben and I shared a few laughs together- mostly about a big fucking goober that landed on the floor next to him. He's very animated when he plays. At one point, he got pissed because he couldnt hear his bass from the side floor speaker. He took his bass, in the middle of a song, and tried to jam the neck into the speaker. Only a dent, but then he flipped it over and bashed it some more. He then threw his bass against the wall and just went off on the tech guys. He is an insanely amazing bassist!

Chris came into the crowd as well. Stood on the rail right in front of us and continued singing. Pretty amazing experience. He was on point the majority of the night, too and there was little to no talking between songs which is completely different from what I am used to.

Matt is always amazing to watch- the true heart of the band. Just fucking went and went and went. The girl behind us in line had a sign that said MATT FUCKING CAMERON on one side, and ROOM on the other. Ben grabbed it from her and had Matt sign it in between the 2nd and 3rd song. So happy for her!!

There was a guy climbing the walls, trying to make it to a speaker stack to the right of the stage, almost made it too.... except when he got to the armored man statue. He grabbed the spear that the statue was holding and fell, the spear landing on the speakers. Security went after the guy and Ben grabbed the spear and him and Chris fucked around with it for the rest of the show.

Got to meet the girl that won the Detroit Talenthouse contest- cant wait to see her shots!! And Jesse, Ed's bodyguard, is on the road with the guys and its always great to see him. :D

Such a great experience with great friends. Ears are still ringing, voice is nearly gone. This high is gonna last a long time!

Really wish I was going back home to see them at the Rave this weekend. :|

Spoonman
    Jesus Christ Pose
    Gun
    Let Me Drown
    By Crooked Steps
    Rhinosaur
    Hands All Over
    Taree
    My Wave
    The Day I Tried to Live
    Been Away Too Long
    Hunted Down
    Drawing Flies
    Non-State Actor
    Blow Up the Outside World
    Fell on Black Days
    Ugly Truth
    Tighter & Tighter
    (First Time Ever Live)
    Zero Chance
    Flower
    Outshined
    Bones of Birds
    Burden in My Hand
    Pretty Noose
    Mailman
    Rowing
    Encore:
    Rusty Cage
    Incessant Mace

Totally agree. Incredible show. I just wish they would have finished the setlist. "Nothing To Say" and "Beyond The Wheel" were listed for the encore but never played

That was me with the "Matt Fucking Cameron" sign behind you in line!

I got front row/rail to the detroit show, and as your post put it- between Let me drown and by crooked steps, ben came over to collect my sign from me and have matt sign it.

I went to both new york shows and swung back to go to detroit. at every show, at every chance, matt tried to give me something. i ended up going home with two drumsticks caught from two different shows, a wristband, that signed MFC sign, autographs from ben and chris, and ben's water bottle. matt was really great to me at every show and showed his appreciation every time, even though i only brought the sign once.

Detroit was the best show I went to by far!

tumblr_mhemuipLfw1qeig8fo1_500.jpg
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Posted this elsewhere, but would probably do better here: I saw Soundgarden in DC and bought the grey King Animal shirt, with tour dates on the back. Since that show, they've added a really awesome black 'Louder Than F*ck' tour shirt. Wanting to make a trade, as I assume these 2 shirts are priced the same. Grey shirt is size M (men's size, also the size I'd want the black shirt in), worn once and washed but air dryed, so it has not shrank. Please let me know if you'd be interested :)
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Some posters up on the Soundgarden site: Both NYC shows, Philly and Boston!

http://soundgarden.shop.bravadousa.com/ ... 0017_58804
  • Options
    quasiquasi Posts: 492
    This Friday will be the first time I see Soundgarden in Seattle since I saw them play Bumbershoot back in 1990 (the Posies opened and got booed mercilessly by the SG fans...still remember Ken Stringfellow walking off stage after their set saying, "Stay tuned for Spinal Tap!"
    SEA 9/20/92, SEA 12/7/93, SEA 12/31/94 (MS), SEA 11/5/00, SEA 11/6/00, SEA 12/8/02, SEA 12/9/02, BEN 10/22/03, GOR 9/1/05, SD 7/7/06, LA 7/10/06, LA 7/12/06, LA (EV) 4/12/08, LA (EV) 4/13/08, LA 7/12/08, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/7/09, SEA 12/6/13, SEA 8/8/18
  • Options
    jwhjr17jwhjr17 Posts: 1,921
    They rocked in Minneapolis last night. I was second row center balcony, and at multiple times during the show I could feel the floor moving with everyone jumping up and down. Matt Cameron was on fire as usual, and my wife's comment this morning was that her ears are still bleeding :lol: . I had earplugs in and still had ringing it was so loud. It was my first time seeing them, and I had a great time.
    1998-06-30 Mpls | 2006-07-06 Las Vegas | 2010-05-03 Kansas City | 2011-07-01 St. Louis EV | 2011-07-02 Mpls EV | 2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20 | 2011-09-17 Winnipeg | 2012-09-30 Missoula | 2012-11-18 Tulsa EV | 2013-07-19 Chicago | 2013-11-15 Dallas
    2013-11-16 OKC | 2014-10-09 Lincoln | 2014-10-17 Moline | 2014-10-19 St. Paul | 2014-10-20 Milwaukee | 2016-08-20 Chicago
    2016-08-22 Chicago | 2018-08-18 Chicago | 2018-08-20 Chicago | 2022-05-09 Phoenix | 2022-05-20 Las Vegas | 2022-09-18 St. Louis 
    2022-09-20 OKC | 2023-08-31 St. Paul | 2023-09-02 St. Paul | 2024-05-16 Las Vegas | 2024-05-18 Las Vegas |
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,899
    Woo hoo! Just got an email from VEVO that I won two tix to next Saturday's show at the Wiltern! Going to at least 2 of the 3 LA shows now. I'm really excited! :D
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    Love getting texts from friends with extra tickets. Looks like I get Soundgarden tomorrow night. Thanks Gr8dane!
    NERDS!
  • Options
    curlygirly9curlygirly9 Vancouver, WA Posts: 1,872
    Anyone else going to the Portland show tonight? :D
    Rose Garden Arena - Nov 02, 2000, Key Arena - Oct 22, 2001, Key Arena - Dec 08, 2002, Key Arena - Dec 09, 2002, Clark County Amphitheater - Sep 26, 2009
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,607
    Anyone else going to the Portland show tonight? :D

make sure to get a poster, it should be a good one. Guy Burwell is doing it.
  • Options
    curlygirly9curlygirly9 Vancouver, WA Posts: 1,872
    Omfg, they just played Big Dumb Sex!!!!! This show is amazing. Matt is killing it, and Chris sounds awesome. Worth every penny.
    Rose Garden Arena - Nov 02, 2000, Key Arena - Oct 22, 2001, Key Arena - Dec 08, 2002, Key Arena - Dec 09, 2002, Clark County Amphitheater - Sep 26, 2009
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,783
    See you all in Vancouver tonight!! :D

I'll be the long hair in the PJ metal head shirt.

Cheers
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/6/24
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/4/24

• Options
    julieferjuliefer New Westminster, BC Posts: 395
    RobbyD462 wrote:
    See you all in Vancouver tonight!! :D

I'll be the long hair in the PJ metal head shirt.

Cheers

A group of us are getting together at the Library Square Pub beforehand, if anyone is interested!

And there is still at least one person looking for a pair at face value, if anyone has extra tickets.
  • Options
    Just got back from an epic three show run in Portland and both nights in Seattle.
    Had good seats in Portland but the penultimate moment was me scoring a King Animal LP signed by the band and my girlfriend getting one of the band signed posters! Talk about lightning twice!
    Then Seattle was a religious experience for us. Both nights just right of center on the rail, both nights matching numbers for the Klausen two night companion poster set. Girlfriend got Matt's wristband 1st night I got a Chris pick. Matt's Son! Mike McCready!!! Tighter & Tighter!

Nothing to say but the one thing.

Total Fucking Godhead.

One day of rest then back out for both Oakland shows.
    http://www.reverbnation.com/open_graph/song/1783688
    "Come take my hand, and let yourself rely.
    Don't hold your breath, don't close your eyes.
    I've learned to breath and I've learned to fly.
    I've learned to see and I know I'm going higher."
  • Options
    evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,345
    Awesoem shows in Seattle had great seats both nights. Night 2 was able to score a signed LP they said they only had 5 of them. Sweet shows amazing seeing themin such a small venue.
  • Options
    Vancouver show incredibly disappointing.

The sound was horrific: muffled and jumbled. Whomever was in charge of the mixing board needs some time off. It's pretty hard to screw up sound in the QE- you need to work at it to bugger it up.

Oh well. Still love those guys... but that typical 'euphoric post concert' feeling isn't in me today.

Matt Cameron was a lot of fun to watch. If everything is failing... just focus on him to make yourself enjoy the moment!
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    Dang. Just back from Oakland's second show ... And feel kinda let down. First night reviews said they played for 2.5 hours, six encores, tons off superunknown.... We got none of that. Barely two hours, three encores, maybe 4-6 songs shorter than night one. Shit, ticket prices were the same, right?

And yeah, sound was off... Chris was just lost in the mix, maybe past few shows he's just spent it all.... Local music critic even said he was fading second half of last night. Few times he was just totally off key even, something was up.... Man that sucked.

And totally part of the problem was the audience, no energy, lotsa folks just stoned outta their gourds, whole balcony sitting... But the mix wasn't helping, you wanna hear Chris do his thing!

Now I know what it would be like to see PJ for the first time and not get Evenflow or Alive... No spoonman, no my wave, no just like suicide, no burden, no superunknown .... No black hole sun. Wtf? I'm still trying to figure out what the fuck they played for two hours....

Disappointing....
    [sic] happens
  • Options
    Went to both Oakland shows. On the rail for both I though it was the best sound I've heard on the this tour yet. There were some new speakers on the stage that seemed to push more of the high end into the mix which allowed us to hear Chris and Kim much better than Portland and Seattle. I did hear from some friends that were at other spots in the venue that it sounded muddy but from where I was it was crystal clear.
    First night was great, high energy all around from the crowd and the band, I'll agree that the second night was a bit shorter and reserved from both sides but it didn't stop me from going full bore on the rail the whole time, plus I am thinking they are a bit tired and trying to save some for the last show in LA that's being taped.

Also, I never mind when BHS is left off the set, I could do away with some of the radio tracks and replace them with more stuff they haven't played in a while like Hand Of God, Mood For Trouble, Holy Water and Overfloater to name a few but I understand they have to play them for the casual fan that's there just to hear Outshined & BHS. First night was laden with "hits" second night they went deep with the older stuff and some new set arrangements. Both nights had a good mix of King Animal songs. Second night as reserved as it may have been had some interesting moments. Ben jamming on Matt's hi-hat, "Searching" to open the encore, "4th of July" to close! Both posters are amazing as well.
    http://www.reverbnation.com/open_graph/song/1783688
    "Come take my hand, and let yourself rely.
    Don't hold your breath, don't close your eyes.
    I've learned to breath and I've learned to fly.
    I've learned to see and I know I'm going higher."
  • Options
    vant0037vant0037 Posts: 6,077
    It looked like "King Animal" outside in Minnesota this morning...
    1998-06-30 Minneapolis
    2003-06-16 St. Paul
    2006-06-26 St. Paul
    2007-08-05 Chicago
    2009-08-23 Chicago
    2009-08-28 San Francisco
    2010-05-01 NOLA (Jazz Fest)
    2011-07-02 EV Minneapolis
    2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20
    2011-09-17 Winnipeg
    2012-06-26 Amsterdam
    2012-06-27 Amsterdam
    2013-07-19 Wrigley
    2013-11-21 San Diego
    2013-11-23 Los Angeles
    2013-11-24 Los Angeles
    2014-07-08 Leeds, UK
    2014-07-11 Milton Keynes, UK
    2014-10-09 Lincoln
    2014-10-19 St. Paul
    2014-10-20 Milwaukee
    2016-08-20 Wrigley 1
    2016-08-22 Wrigley 2
    2018-06-18 London 1
    2018-08-18 Wrigley 1
    2018-08-20 Wrigley 2
    2022-09-16 Nashville
    2023-08-31 St. Paul
    2023-09-02 St. Paul
    2023-09-05 Chicago 1
  • Options
    acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    Friend I was with was much bigger Soundgarden fan than I -- her theory was they dialed back the hits, and phoned those in to make the new stuff more appealing!! lol... I will give ya that, some of the new tunes f'n rocked!

But no no, not "a bit" shorter -- TWENTY F'N PERCENT SHORTER. Could be audience energy, could be tapped out at end of "long tour," two nights in a row, who knows. I screamed my ass off and tried to show my appreciation .. for naught. I could see the first whole front terrace of the floor and a few rows of the 2nd terrace, and folks back 3-4 peeps from the rail were zombies...

setlist.fm shows they had two more songs on the encore and cut 'em...

But I hear ya, Savage, I've deleted all my Evenflows and Alives off my iPod of PJ Bootlegs! Took a gamble that 2nd night would be the more crazy of the two and lost that bet... I remember 2011 show in SF being waaaay more off the hook...

Oh wells, I'm probably more a Cornell fan than a soundgarden fan -- some songs i only got cause he plays 'em in his solo shows!
    [sic] happens
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,607
    pretty crappy for a band that hasn't been around for 15 years. Buncha jerks.
  • Options
    magikevmagikev Posts: 296
    Wow, the Wiltern show last night was amazing. Being filmed for PBS Artists' Den, and literally a setlist that I would have wrote myself:

Incessant Mace
    My Wave
    Been Away Too Long
    Worse Dreams
    Jesus Christ Pose
    Flower
    Taree
    Spoonman
    By Crooked Steps
    Blind Dogs (1st time played live)
    Rowing
    Non-State Actor
    Drawing Flies
    Hunted Down
    Black Saturday
    Bones of Birds
    Blow Up the Outside World
    Fell on Black Days
    Burden in My Hand
    A Thousand Days Before
    Blood on the Valley Floor
    Rusty Cage
    New Damage
    4th of July

Encore:
    Outshined
    Black Hole Sun
    Ty Cobb
    Slaves & Bulldozers
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,899
    Amazing 3 night run at the Wiltern! Since there are two of these threads running in different forum sections, I'll just link ;)viewtopic.php?f=4&t=198835&p=4914807#p4914807
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    DC 101 Chili cook-off May 4th 8-)
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,351
    Will find out tomorrow if they are playing Bonnaroo!
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Oooohhh I may have to go this year!
    Edit: Tix, WITH fees, are only $35?!!? :shock: :D
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,366
    samjam wrote:
    Oooohhh I may have to go this year!
    Edit: Tix, WITH fees, are only $35?!!? :shock: :D

Oh yea. Already picked up my tix for this show. I can't believe we get them twice in one year.