Options

Election Night Thread

Comments

• Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Crazy how close the popular vote is right now.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,442
    amazing how close the popular vote is.

romney may very well get more votes tonight and lose the election like what happened 12 years ago. unreal how divided this country is.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Hats off to the POTUS and his campaign. I do not blame Romney for the loss I blame Trump, the birthers, the assholes who got away from the issues. P
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    00 Virginia Beach;Camden I; Jones Beach III
    05 Borgata Night I; Wachovia Center
    06 Letterman Show; Webcast (guy in blue shirt), Camden I; DC
    08 Camden I; Camden II; DC
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,640

romney may very well get more votes tonight and lose the election like what happened 12 years ago. unreal how divided this country is.

It's gonna be close but nothing from California yet
  • Options
    Go out there, Mr. President.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

cali's polls closed an hour and a half ago. these numbers include whatever portion of that state has reported thus far. i think it's at 74% of the total country right now.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399

Yeah. It would be kind of funny if Romney wins the popular vote. All the people with strong opinions on the Bush/Gore election either way are going to be rethinking their stances on the EC.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options

Yeah. It would be kind of funny if Romney wins the popular vote. All the people with strong opinions on the Bush/Gore election either way are going to be rethinking their stances on the EC.

obama will almost certainly win it. but it will be about as close at it gets.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

cali's polls closed an hour and a half ago. these numbers include whatever portion of that state has reported thus far. i think it's at 74% of the total country right now.

Yeah, nothing really being reported all that much yet though. The whole west coast is his. It will be close but it looks like Obama will win both votes.
  • Options
    do you think these obama fans' arms are tired from waving their little flags non stop for 2 hours? :lol: that's a long ass night
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,120
    And CBS projects Virginia for Obama.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Dude said he didn't write a concession speech. Motherfucker is such a bitter prick, he has no interest in giving this speech. I can't fucking wait. If I were Obama, I would call him up.
    Yes, it was reported that he did not write one. Obama prepared a victory and concession speech. I do not think Romney has an ounce of humility in his entire body.

Politics aside, Romney just seems like one of those guys who has never grown up. He's always been able to buy whatever he wants so when he doesn't get it, he pouts and throws a fit. He's been chasing this dream for a very long time and fact of the matter is, no one wants him. Hell the Republicans didn't even want him for a very long time and the only reason they got behind him was less because they agreed with what he stood for (which has changed a million times in the last couple months), but because they despise the guy in office and he was the best shot they had because the other candidates were complete nut jobs.
    Agreed.
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah, nothing really being reported all that much yet though. The whole west coast is his. It will be close but it looks like Obama will win both votes.

30% or so.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Drudge is changing headlines quick
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    do you think these obama fans' arms are tired from waving their little flags non stop for 2 hours? :lol: that's a long ass night
    :lol::lol:
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    Virginia now. Get out there, Mitt.
  • Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Obama just took the lead in the popular vote, and based on the areas still out, they're projecting he'll take both the popular and EC.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,909
    TV came back on for a while- nice.

Any thoughts about the fact that Obama currently has 303 to Romney's 203 EC yet in the popular vote, O leads R by only 30 some thousand?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Obama just took the lead in the popular vote, and based on the areas still out, they're projecting he'll take both the popular and EC.
    R.T.R. :D
  • Options
    :lol::lol:

gotta be the same dopes who were dancing on the convention floor a couple months ago :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    Heisenberg wrote:

Politics aside, Romney just seems like one of those guys who has never grown up. He's always been able to buy whatever he wants so when he doesn't get it, he pouts and throws a fit. He's been chasing this dream for a very long time and fact of the matter is, no one wants him. Hell the Republicans didn't even want him for a very long time and the only reason they got behind him was less because they agreed with what he stood for (which has changed a million times in the last couple months), but because they despise the guy in office and he was the best shot they had because the other candidates were complete nut jobs.
    :clap::clap::clap: :thumbup:
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    brianlux wrote:

Any thoughts about the fact that Obama currently has 303 to Romney's 203 EC yet in the popular vote, O leads R by only 30 some thousand?

welcome to present day america.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Paul Ryan pulling a Sarah Palin?
  • Options
    brianlux wrote:

It happens... Obama just won the correct states and got the electoral votes.
  • Options
    acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    Yeah the poular vote is close, just started favoring Obama and he will probably pull away, but it's nothing like the electoral vote count. Meanwhile looking like republicans will have won more governor seats than they have for awhile, like 30 right now.

And just as I was gonna buy gold at $1650 wow, look at that price taking off. Presidency stays the same, senate stays the same, house stays the same, I would love some hope and change but all we have is divide and conquer from our leaders.

Perhaps now, if nothing else, Obama can be held accountable for the mess he inherits ... from himself.
    [sic] happens
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,909
    brianlux wrote:

welcome to present day america.
    :lol:

And yet this is not something new.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,120
    CBS says Romney has conceded and will come out shortly before 1AM.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    Sullivan is usually pretty dramatic and doesn't fail tonight, obvoiously

It's been a long long slog these past five years of backing the skinny guy with the funny name. But this election, to my mind, is immensely more important than the breakthrough of 2008, after the catastrophe of Bush-Cheney. What it has done is rip open the complete epistemic closure on the Republican right about what America now is. It has revealed that Fox News, Drudge, and the rest have been engaged in a massive propaganda campaign to create an alternative reality and get the rest of us to go along.

But this president has never been a radical; he has always been a moderate; he has been immensely skilled at foreign policy, ended one war and won another, killed Osama bin Laden and saved the American auto industry, deflected a Second Great Depression and initated universal access to healthcare. He has presided over a civil rights revolution and the beginning of the end of prohibition of marijuana. He has created the new and durable coalition that was once Karl Rove's dream.

Americans saw this. They were not fooled. And they made the right call, as they usually do. What was defeated tonight was not just Romney, a hollow cynic, but a whole mountain of mendacity and delusion. That sound you hear is the cognitive dissonance ringing in the ears of ideologues and cynics. Any true conservative longs for that sound, the sound of reality arriving to pierce through fantasy and fanaticism.

We are the ones we have been waiting for. And now we have entrenched it deeply in the history of America and the world. That matters. May the next four years make it matter even more.
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    acutejam wrote:

Perhaps now, if nothing else, Obama can be held accountable for the mess he inherits ... from himself.

Amen to that...but he won't. Whatever happes it will always be viewed as the inherited problem.
  • Options
    Romney has conceded to Obama over phone