Options

Willard Mitt Romney. President January 20, 2013

Comments

• Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,744
    pjradio wrote:
    2hx0v2a.jpg

If that is genuine shock at Tuesday night's events then those people really do live in a bubble and are disconnected from reality.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    WOOT!

:D:D:D:D:D
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,156
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    Yes it was sad to see all the disappointed Republicans on TV
    but it would have been sadder to see the girls leave the White House.
    So who did you vote for? :corn:

She has said a hundred times Gary Johnson.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,625
    pjradio wrote:
    2hx0v2a.jpg

If that is genuine shock at Tuesday night's events then those people really do live in a bubble and are disconnected from reality.

I wonder what was so shocking.

Also, that kinda looks like Drew Brees
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,156
    MayDay10 wrote:
    pjradio wrote:
    2hx0v2a.jpg

I wonder what was so shocking.

Also, that kinda looks like Drew Brees

Actually I think that picture was taken the next day as they watched the Dow. :lol:
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    such a weird picture.

Everyone is looking in the same direction, except Anthony Kiedis...

Then the 3 people nearby to one another with the same 'shocked' hands over the mouth pose.
    Post edited by MayDay10 on
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    MayDay10 wrote:
    such a weird picture.

Everyone is looking in the same direction, except the guy who stands out...

Then the 3 people nearby to one another with the same 'shocked' hands over the mouth pose.

um, that's photoshopped...that's the character stephan from snl :D
  • Options
    lol.

i edited my post to say Anthony Kiedis
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I'm missing the

wootsmiley.gif

how boring it would be with only the one sided ranting instead of healthy debate

come_back.gif
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,752
    norm wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:
    such a weird picture.

Everyone is looking in the same direction, except the guy who stands out...

um, that's photoshopped...that's the character stephan from snl :D
    I thought that would be obvious to people. :lol: Like THAT guy would be at the Republican headquarters! :lol: :fp:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    lol, I see it now.

its actually a poor photoshop
  • Options
    pandora wrote:
    I'm missing the

wootsmiley.gif

how boring it would be with only the one sided ranting instead of healthy debate

come_back.gif

Yep, come back and tell us how much we just "want stuff."
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    pandora wrote:
    I'm missing the

wootsmiley.gif

come_back.gif

:lol: can't take it personal it's not like they wanted to dump your state in the ocean ;):lol:
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,357
    pandora wrote:
    I'm missing the

wootsmiley.gif

come_back.gif

best I can do.....

MOOT!!!!!!!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,457
    pandora wrote:
    I'm missing the

wootsmiley.gif

come_back.gif

Yes please come back and change the thread name to match the outcome of election please :lol::lol:

Willard Mitt Romney almost president 2013 :P
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Looking forward to seeing a 1/20/17 bumper sticker. ;)

Damn, I'm still so happy about this! :D

• Options

I was hoping to see the 2012 Obama calendar hitting our presses
    made a pretty penny there in years past.

Not too late though I think we were doing them up til Christmas.
  • Options
    pandora wrote:
    I'm missing the

wootsmiley.gif

come_back.gif

Yes please come back and change the thread name to match the outcome of election please :lol::lol:

Willard Mitt Romney almost president 2013 :P
    oh you know there are many disappointed across the country
    with good right no pun intended
  • Options
    pandora wrote:

Or maybe 2013... ;)

Reading about how Romney's folks, including Ryan, were genuinely "shell shocked" at losing. I can't believe how deluded they were about the polls and all the information that was available.

• Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Or maybe 2013... ;)

Reading about how Romney's folks, including Ryan, were genuinely "shell shocked" at losing. I can't believe how deluded they were about the polls and all the information that was available.

the fix was in probably ... what they didn't realize was how much of a fix they needed ... :lol:
  • Options
    pandora wrote:

Or maybe 2013... ;)

What shocks me is how weirdly and completely devastated some people seem. I mean, I understand a certain level of devastation... there was a lot of it in 2004, no doubt. But this is a whole new and mouth-frothing level of devastation ... I think those who think that Obama is single-handedly going to cause the immediate collapse of America both spiritually and economically seem pretty fucking delusional.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    pandora wrote:

Or maybe 2013... ;)

yes 2013 ... the polls were close yes?
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    pandora wrote:

Or maybe 2013... ;)

What shocks me is how weirdly and completely devastated some people seem. I mean, I understand a certain level of devastation... there was a lot of it in 2004, no doubt. But this is a whole new and mouth-frothing level of devastation ... I think those who think that Obama is single-handedly going to cause the immediate collapse of America both spiritually and economically seem pretty fucking delusional.
    That speaks to the general worry, disappointment, fear, helplessness in everyday life.
    Obama brings hope to only some.
  • Options
    pandora wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Or maybe 2013... ;)

That speaks to the general worry, disappointment, fear, helplessness in everyday life.
    Maybe in part... But I think it more speaks to how crazy and stupid some people are being.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Maybe in part... But I think it more speaks to how crazy and stupid some people are being.
    there's some compassion right there
  • Options
    pandora wrote:
    yes 2013 ... the polls were close yes?

I guess. I would think an optimistic Romney supporter would've thought it was maybe a 40% to 50% chance. But maybe if they cherry picked the polls (or had some network cherry pick them for them) you could have a misinformed view of the state of the race.

Still, Obama was leading in about 90% of the swing state polls in the last week or so. That doesn't sound like a 50/50 chance.

• Options
    edited November 2012
    pandora wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    there's some compassion right there
    :roll: Who should I feel compassion for? Ted Nugent, Donald Trump, or those racist fuckers on Twitter? :fp: I'm talking about all these people screaming about moving to Canada (that is HILARIOUS, the irony is so thick!), and those calling for revolution, etc etc etc. Hence my term "mouth-frothing".
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,224
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Look on the bright side... consider all the jobs that will be created in the Tin-Foil Hat Making industry.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Many of us (about 49%) were upset in 2004 that the carnage of the Iraq War was going to continue, and shocked that 51% of the country tacitly approved. I think they're was some justified grief there, right?

Not sure what the equivalent is for the righties this year. I really don't understand why they hate Obama so much. Honestly.

EDIT: I thought pandora wrote that quote at first if my response seems out of context.

• Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Many of us (about 49%) were upset in 2004 that the carnage of the Iraq War was going to continue, and shocked that 51% of the country tacitly approved. I think they're was some justified grief there, right?

Not sure what the equivalent is for the righties this year. I really don't understand why they hate Obama so much. Honestly.
    Agreed. In 2004 there were actually tangible reasons for people to be REALLY upset, and people weren't freaking out at this crazy level. This time, the economy is way better and more stable than it was when Obama came into the White House, and people are going bat-shit bananas. It doesn't make sense. It says something about the extreme right, for sure.
This discussion has been closed.