#projectratfuck

DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
edited October 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
In my never endng search to end my boredom I have started #projectratfuck

I woke up this morning at about 4AM and started jut screwing around on the internet. About 5AM I started to get hungry but I didn't really want to make breakfast. I really didn't want to go to one of the diners in my area I frequent either. This is where #projectratfuck took form. Many hotels offer complimnetary breakfast. After a quick internet search I saw that The Holiday Inn Express only 2 miles from me offered such a gem. #projectratfuck 's wheels were in motion. I walked in the backdoor and just headed to the breakfast area. The net results? A free newspaper, scrambled eggs, bacon, home firies, a bagel with cream cheese, Fruit Loops, milk, and orange juice. I also snagged some milk, yougurt, and a banana for work later today. All costing not one penny for me. The people working there were also very nice, talkative, and smiley. It was great! They also had a nice fireplace and a widescreen tv. Overall a very nice ambience.

http://www.hiexpress.com/hotels/us/en/c ... oteldetail

After such an experience, I wonder how much free food and stuff I can get? This is #projectratfuck

Tomorrow morning I plan on visiting another hotel for breakfast. I invite everyone else to join the #projectratfuck movement.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    ^^ That is awesome! :lol: btw...you live in Clifton Park?
    ELITIST FUK
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    edited October 2012
    SD48277 wrote:
    ^^ That is awesome! :lol: btw...you live in Clifton Park?

Yes. It blows. Very boring.
    is this not stealing

It is not. It's #projectratfuck

It's different.
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    Hey DS - how about #projectratfucking me some Jimmy Choos? :D :wave:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"

Can't do. First rule of #projectratfuck is to not do anything that will get you arrested.
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    Free stuff rocks. Good thinking there.
    DS1119 wrote:

Can't do. First rule of #projectratfuck is to not do anything that will get you arrested.
    :fp:

• dougfloyddougfloyd Posts: 2,580
    DS1119 wrote:
    is this not stealing

It is not. It's #projectratfuck

It's different.

I've often wondered about this before if people ever just come in and get a free breakfast. Seems like there's hardly ever anybody even paying attention at the front desk and even if there is someone there they probably don't care. So have you planned what you're going to say if you get caught?
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
    2024 - Noblesville, Wrigley
    dougfloyd wrote:
    I've often wondered about this before if people ever just come in and get a free breakfast. Seems like there's hardly ever anybody even paying attention at the front desk and even if there is someone there they probably don't care. So have you planned what you're going to say if you get caught?

I haven't. I'll just play it by ear and hope for the best.
  • PJinILPJinIL Posts: 433
    They don't take what's not theirs...they don't compare...

Funny premise, could make for a funny documentary to see the breakfast crew's reaction. I'd feel guilty. Maybe take a homeless person along with you, so there's some noble element and I bet you'll find some support here :)
    It's amazing what you hear when you take time to listen.
  • thievery. it's this kind of nonsense that affects wages of those on the bottom of the ladder.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    Wow. Lot of judges already. Love it. :lol:
    Oh please...people do this sort of thing all the time. We host trainings and events with free food...and random people...mostly faculty and administrators...will wander by and take food that is meant for the students and paid for out of their student fees. At least DS admits his own #ratfuckery :D Not that I'm condoning it unless you get me those Jimmy Choos :wave:

Oh please...people do this sort of thing all the time. We host trainings and events with free food...and random people...mostly faculty and administrators...will wander by and take food that is meant for the students and paid for out of their student fees. At least DS admits his own #ratfuckery :D Not that I'm condoning it unless you get me those Jimmy Choos :wave:

See the thing is (and I agree with you), there is something that every person does everyday for themselves that costs other people either their money, time, convenience, etc. every single day whether intentional and/or realized or not. It's usually the people who are the most vocal judging others so they don't have to be judged who are the worst offenders. I'm doing this for fun and I encourage others to join #projectratfuck . :lol:
  • SnakeduckSnakeduck Posts: 1,056
    The OP wins hands-down... Oh wait, this is supposed to be a project not a contest. My bad.
  • DS1119 wrote:

See the thing is (and I agree with you), there is something that every person does everyday for themselves that costs other people either their money, time, convenience, etc. every single day whether intentional and/or realized or not. It's usually the people who are the most vocal judging others so they don't have to be judged who are the worst offenders. I'm doing this for fun and I encourage others to join #projectratfuck . :lol:

nope, sorry, I don't take things that aren't mine. your "whoever smelt it dealt it" claim doesn't hold any water.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    DS1119 wrote:

nope, sorry, I don't take things that aren't mine. your "whoever smelt it dealt it" claim doesn't hold any water.

OK. Then don't do it. :lol:
  • I approve this message :thumbup:

People do this shit all the time... Just try to switch up what hotel you go to each day to avoid suspicion. When suspicions arise, just say your in room 205. You'll be done eating and long gone before they figure out you're not.

Can we get a review on the breakfast?

And +1 to bringing a homeless person with you. Gotta even out karma somehow :lol:

My contribution: I left the work bathroom yesterday with an empty roll of toilet paper. (I swear, Im always the one getting shafted w/ the empty roll!). Its only a small contribution, I know... But I'll work on that in light of your #projectratfuck movement DS :)

Yeah bitch! #projectratfuck
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    around the end of last semester we had a major storm come through and knocked out our power for like 3 days. after one day we were losing our fridge and freezer stuff. we used to have access to a fridge/freezer in the office, but it got moved into a locked room. so basically we had rotting food, no way to heat it, and most close restaurants were closed. however, towson had graduation parties with catered food for administrators. once they are finished the food just sits there and gets tossed (much like breakfast food at a hotel). so grabbed some and didn't feel too bad. if it were a student party paid by students i'd prolly feel a bit different.
  • DS1119 wrote:
    OK. Then don't do it. :lol:

I might consider it, but only if Sawyer's daddy was the hotel owner.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i've thought about doing it, but i'm not a morning person and breakfast is ussally long over when i wake up on the weekend...and no way am i getting up early on a weekday to get crap coffee.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    i've thought about doing it, but i'm not a morning person and breakfast is ussally long over when i wake up on the weekend...and no way am i getting up early on a weekday to get crap coffee.

Coffee actually smelled quite good. Nature's Harvest or Season's Harvest or something like that.
    RW81233 wrote:
    around the end of last semester we had a major storm come through and knocked out our power for like 3 days. after one day we were losing our fridge and freezer stuff. we used to have access to a fridge/freezer in the office, but it got moved into a locked room. so basically we had rotting food, no way to heat it, and most close restaurants were closed. however, towson had graduation parties with catered food for administrators. once they are finished the food just sits there and gets tossed (much like breakfast food at a hotel). so grabbed some and didn't feel too bad. if it were a student party paid by students i'd prolly feel a bit different.
    yeah better to eat it than to throw it away. I know a certain student (won't mention any names :D) who went for weeks without buying food on campus cause he would stake out all the events with free food, casually stroll by and take some. We've gone on secret missions ourselves to embezzle coffee...I mean sometimes a girl just needs her caffeine :shifty:

DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:

Coffee actually smelled quite good. Nature's Harvest or Season's Harvest or something like that.

i've yet to have good hotel coffee....from the dumpy econlodge, to holiday inn express, to the hilton or to the scottsdale plaza and resort. seems like hotels buy the cheapest coffee on the market or they do a super piss poor job of brewing it.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:

i've yet to have good hotel coffee....from the dumpy econlodge, to holiday inn express, to the hilton or to the scottsdale plaza and resort. seems like hotels buy the cheapest coffee on the market or they do a super piss poor job of brewing it.
    you should try the coffee at the Master Bates hotel...there's a secret ingredient :? :sick:

you should try the coffee at the Master Bates hotel...there's a secret ingredient :? :sick:

you didn't invite me over :(
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    edited October 2012
    http://travel.usatoday.com/hotels/post/ ... t/573578/1

http://money.msn.com/saving-money-tips/ ... 477fc86b1c

perhaps we should see how many times DS can go to one hotel before he is asked to leave
    Post edited by 81 on
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    DS1119 wrote:

I woke up this morning at about 4AM and started jut screwing around on the internet. About 5AM I started to get hungry but I didn't really want to make breakfast. I really didn't want to go to one of the diners in my area I frequent either. This is where #projectratfuck took form. Many hotels offer complimnetary breakfast. After a quick internet search I saw that The Holiday Inn Express only 2 miles from me offered such a gem. #projectratfuck 's wheels were in motion. I walked in the backdoor and just headed to the breakfast area. The net results? A free newspaper, scrambled eggs, bacon, home firies, a bagel with cream cheese, Fruit Loops, milk, and orange juice. I also snagged some milk, yougurt, and a banana for work later today. All costing not one penny for me. The people working there were also very nice, talkative, and smiley. It was great! They also had a nice fireplace and a widescreen tv. Overall a very nice ambience.

After such an experience, I wonder how much free food and stuff I can get? This is #projectratfuck

Tomorrow morning I plan on visiting another hotel for breakfast. I invite everyone else to join the #projectratfuck movement.

that would be funny if someone took your pic from the group hug thread...and faxed it to all the local hotels with a copy of this thread... :corn:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

that would be funny if someone took your pic from the group hug thread...and faxed it to all the local hotels with a copy of this thread... :corn:

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
This discussion has been closed.