Pit Posting Memory Lane

Comments

• SnakeduckSnakeduck Posts: 1,056
    chadwick wrote:
    by the way, i enjoy a nice sharp knive myself. i have several hidden around my home. never know when someone may need one crammed up their frickin keester.

enjoy the knives, man.

this makes me wanna go home and play knives and stupid person for awhile

good-bye

I may or may not have had a knife on me the whole time I was being social in Missoula... :shifty:

It's ok though, I was headed to Glacier to fight bears...
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    RKCNDY wrote:
    So.....what did you see in there?

:|

i actually didn't go in but the joke works better if i say i did ;)
    chadwick wrote:
    seems ol' eyed knows me pretty well & yet i never made my way to montana & we never partied hard together. thank goodness for that i a reckon. haven't had a drop of alcohol in 3 years or so. the world's people and i are both better off for this amazing feat.

if i'd have made my way to montana & had i been the drunkard party guy chadwick you'd still be fucked up all these weeks or months or years later. several types a pills, lotsa grass, several types a booze, & all the music we could handle.

then we'd have had 7 girl friends each and we'd have burnt down 3/4 of the town & told the sheriff & her deputies to go fuck themselves someplace. vikings still carry on like they did in the year 400. pearl jam and the entire town of montana are just fucking lucky the two of us were not present at the same locale at the same fucking time. again... all the drugs, all the booze and all the women would have been ours.

:twisted:

it is unusual reading your heartfelt writings. i am touched, sir! enjoy your work week

Hey, my award-winning (shameless plug) fiction and non-fiction can be a little heart-felt at times... at times.

And if you ever decide to have another drink, I would be honored to burn down a village with you.
    Snakeduck wrote:
    Unlost Dogs – What a nut! Makes me laugh just thinking about her enthusiasm… and my wife thinks you are the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Mrs. Snakeduck is arguably the coolest person I have ever met. I even bought a new backpack for Acadia State Park, thinking it would likely meet with her approval. And get this, I even STEPPED OFF THE CARRIAGE ROAD AND ONTO AN ACTUAL TRAIL!

And you yourself, Snake (I feel like I can call you Snake now), you are swell.

;)

Smooch!

Nice!

How was Acadia and hiking a real trail? See any griz out there? ;)

We ran into a winter storm the second we arrived at Glacier. Kind of put a damper on the backcountry a bit.. but 15 inches of snow will do that.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Snakeduck wrote:

We ran into a winter storm the second we arrived at Glacier. Kind of put a damper on the backcountry a bit.. but 15 inches of snow will do that.

must have caught the edge of that same storm...snowing at Fairmont Hat Springs...19 degrees. Only the outdoor pool was open...quite a shock swimming in a 100 degree pool and then getting out in freezing temps, running as fast as you can to get back indoors.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Snakeduck wrote:

must have caught the edge of that same storm...snowing at Fairmont Hat Springs...19 degrees. Only the outdoor pool was open...quite a shock swimming in a 100 degree pool and then getting out in freezing temps, running as fast as you can to get back indoors.

Totally forgot you were heading that way. Did you do the 2 a.m. soak and have the pool to yourselves? Doing backcountry winter hot spring treks, I once stood up out of 106 degree water into below zero temps and almost passed out. It was like I had a brutal sunburn and the air itself was slapping my skin.
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    You kidnapped me and held me captive in your basement for all those years and it turns out you're the one with Stockholm syndrome. There is no other explanation for your post :lol:
    I love this post and the sense of community so many of us seem to have on the board :)
    Stalking....I mean meeting you was almost as cool as those 3 times I stalked...I mean met...Eddie :mrgreen:

You've met Eddie? :corn:
    I have...he seems quite taken with my husband...who I plan to use as bait :think: :D
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    You kidnapped me and held me captive in your basement for all those years and it turns out you're the one with Stockholm syndrome. There is no other explanation for your post :lol:
    I love this post and the sense of community so many of us seem to have on the board :)
    Stalking....I mean meeting you was almost as cool as those 3 times I stalked...I mean met...Eddie :mrgreen:

You've met Eddie? :corn:
    I have...he seems quite taken with my husband...who I plan to use as bait :think: :D

Now there's a Visual!
    Snakeduck wrote:

Totally forgot you were heading that way. Did you do the 2 a.m. soak and have the pool to yourselves? Doing backcountry winter hot spring treks, I once stood up out of 106 degree water into below zero temps and almost passed out. It was like I had a brutal sunburn and the air itself was slapping my skin.

We tried to do that...there was some sort of convention going on. At 11pm, we went to the pool, it was packed with a bunch of drunk obnoxious people, and the hot tub must have been having problems (or it was on purpose) it was too hot to get in. Around 120 I'd say (I love hot tubs to be around 110), and I couldn't even stand putting my feet in. :x

We figured everybody would have to be in meetings at 8am, so we went to the pool then. Much more relaxing...and only one other person in there.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    Poncier wrote:
    Snakeduck wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:
    could you grab the mail while you're outside?

That wasn't your cat was it? Sorry if so... the little bastard snuck up on me.
    Oh no! Not Mittens!!

that was the neighbor's cat. no worries.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    mfc2006 wrote:
    that was Lisa's cat. no worries.

:(
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Don't forget...we didn't find 'peddels' either...I still really wanted to throw bicycle pedals at the Chicago crew...well, except for Becky, poor Becky endured enough already.

Good God. Wandering all over Missoula, searching for pompoms and "peddels." And doing 25 u-turns in a row on the main drag.

It's no wonder they were all so afraid.

Don't forget it's AMAAAZING what they can do with socks these days!!! :lol:
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    81 wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:

:nono: :nono: :nono:

i hope Lisa's cat pisses on your mandals. :lol:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I had a pretty great lunch and I want to thank the OP for the post. It made me puke in my mouth and relive that great experience once again. :thumbup:
    mfc2006 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:

:nono: :nono: :nono:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,772
    Snakeduck: did you get a cell phone yet?
    cutz wrote:

Ummmm, no, not yet. However, some of you may have noticed I'm using a more sophisticated smoke signal technique involving various colors. Not sure what kind of range I'm getting though... CBGirl, did you get last night's message over there on the east coast?
    Snakeduck wrote:
    cutz wrote:

Ummmm, no, not yet. However, some of you may have noticed I'm using a more sophisticated smoke signal technique involving various colors. Not sure what kind of range I'm getting though... CBGirl, did you get last night's message over there on the east coast?
    I did...and I have to say - you are very very dirty :nono:

I like it :shifty:

Snakeduck wrote:
    cutz wrote:

I just knew the pink smoke was the right color for that particular message... ;)
    Snakeduck wrote:
    Snakeduck wrote:

I just knew the pink smoke was the right color for that particular message... ;)
    when in doubt...send a pink smoke signal....preferably in the shape of a shoe...it's like my secret bat signal :D

smokelogo.jpg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:

I wouldn't laugh...that cat is very vengeful!

i'm sad Snake didn't send me any 'messages'... :(
    I figured it would be easier...being closer and all, oh well.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:

in fairness....jet stream moves west to east
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    smokelogo.jpg
    You summoned?

81 wrote:
    smokelogo.jpg
    You summoned?

just testing
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    smokelogo.jpg
    You summoned?

just testing
    It really only works for Snakeduck - sorry! :wave:

• DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Snakeduck wrote:
    cutz wrote:

Damn, I thought that was for me. I shaved down and everything. Boy this is awkward.
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    Snakeduck wrote:
    cutz wrote:

Damn, I thought that was for me. I shaved down and everything. Boy this is awkward.

:shock: :lol::lol:
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
    How could I forget afroannie? Maybe because I was expecting more afro... I mean, I saw afro potential, but it appeared to be all subjugated and oppressed. I like my afros 70's basketball style!
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:

Like 81 says, it isn't that I didn't try, but weather patterns are really working against me here. I can almost come visit you though without alerting my parole officer. We're like 504 miles apart. Wait for me on the eastern most edge of Seattle... :thumbup: