Pit Posting Memory Lane

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Don't forget...we didn't find 'peddels' either...I still really wanted to throw bicycle pedals at the Chicago crew...well, except for Becky, poor Becky endured enough already.

:fp: :fp: :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Consider your self lucky you met up with a bunch of nice people stay away from the NY & Philly preparties :lol::lol:

Hey now...I had an awesome time at the Philly preparty! Tons of nice people there! Well, except for Rick of course.

:wave:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Consider your self lucky you met up with a bunch of nice people stay away from the NY & Philly preparties :lol::lol:

Our day will come, we'll give em a personal tour of the concrete jungle, but he'll probably just wana hang out in central park, but that's cool, i know a rock we can smoke behind.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,214

Our day will come, we'll give em a personal tour of the concrete jungle, but he'll probably just wana hang out in central park, but that's cool, i know a rock we can smoke behind.

Yeah no doubt :lol::lol: i belive there might be a cave in the Park ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,214
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Hey now...I had an awesome time at the Philly preparty! Tons of nice people there! Well, except for Rick of course.

:wave:

Then consider you're self lucky :lol:
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    RKCNDY wrote:
    You kidnapped me and held me captive in your basement for all those years and it turns out you're the one with Stockholm syndrome. There is no other explanation for your post :lol:
    I love this post and the sense of community so many of us seem to have on the board :)
    Stalking....I mean meeting you was almost as cool as those 3 times I stalked...I mean met...Eddie :mrgreen:

stalking? it's not 'stalking'.....it's called 'close undercover supervision'
    I like that! Putting on my trench coat and sunglasses to *supervise* 8-)
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
    Putting on my trench coat

:corn:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    81 wrote:

:fp: :nono:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
    You kidnapped me and held me captive in your basement for all those years and it turns out you're the one with Stockholm syndrome. There is no other explanation for your post :lol:
    I love this post and the sense of community so many of us seem to have on the board :)
    Stalking....I mean meeting you was almost as cool as those 3 times I stalked...I mean met...Eddie :mrgreen:

You've met Eddie? :corn:
    81 wrote:

:fp: :nono:

:(
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • SnakeduckSnakeduck Posts: 1,056

Duly noted. I already told D-Man it would take more than free drinks at Marley's to get me anywhere near the east coast.

Y'all look a little shady to me... ;) and packed in. Gotta be able to swing these elbows if need be.

You guys have a park? Are there bears in this park?
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Snakeduck wrote:

there are but not the kind of bears you're thinking of :|
    norm wrote:
    Snakeduck wrote:

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    mfc2006 wrote:
    well, it better be close to Boise then! :lol::lol:

You are just over 400 miles, my friend. I could be standing behind you right now and my parole officer wouldn't have a clue.

Oh yeah, I dig this cat because he left Texas and moved to our great pacific Northwest... and because he's a musician!
    norm wrote:
    Snakeduck wrote:

gay_bears_in_love_e_10094.jpg

They are very friendly.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,410
    Snakeduck wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:

You are just over 400 miles, my friend. I could be standing behind you right now and my parole officer wouldn't have a clue.

Oh yeah, I dig this cat because he left Texas and moved to our great pacific Northwest... and because he's a musician!

:thumbup: :wave:

could you grab the mail while you're outside?
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    [gay_bears_in_love_e_10094.jpg

They are very friendly.

Those are the scariest bears I have ever seen. :shock: Yep, sticking to the ol' west of the mississippi...
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Snakeduck wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:

:thumbup: :wave:

That wasn't your cat was it? Sorry if so... the little bastard snuck up on me.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,678
    Snakeduck wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:

That wasn't your cat was it? Sorry if so... the little bastard snuck up on me.
    Oh no! Not Mittens!!
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Snakeduck wrote:

They are very friendly.

Those are the scariest bears I have ever seen. :shock: Yep, sticking to the ol' west of the mississippi...

isn't san fran west of the Missisiiiispppii.:think:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    Snakeduck wrote:
    Feel freeto post your own memories of the pit and its posters if you like...

This (rather long) post may wind up pushing the boundaries of cheesy sentiment so I apologize in advance. All my therapists have told me that being nice to people won’t actually kill me even if it hurts a bit, so here goes…

I want to thank you peeps for being such a big part of my (work) life for the last 14 years or so. I started lurking a couple of years after I started the undercover government agent job. So, if memory serves, it would have been early 1999 that I discovered the internet and shortly afterwards a PJ website. Who knew? Well, obviously some did because the pit was full of colorful characters. I’d read something every day that made me want to send a response but I figured the IT staff would instantly know and that would be my job.
    After a while I just didn’t really care about job security, so I may have actually sent my first post in like 2002, maybe 2003, not sure, but I do know it was in response to what I thought was Dunkman saying something insensitive to Harmless Little Fuck; something that seemed to make fun of his wheelchair bound status. My response was not very pleasant (imagine that) and I didn’t realize the two of them were actually friends. Ooops. Anyway, I think Dunk knew I was just trying to stick up for someone so he and I eventually became posting buddies (does that sound gay? – not that there’s anything wrong…).

Anyway, over the years, I have vanished for long stretches of time and there is always a new cast of characters when I return. Well, some stick around, some with new names… 

As of the last time I left, I was certain I wouldn’t be coming back. Just other priorities combined with having to pay to post and all that. Then Norm tracked me down and told me about PJ playing the Montana show. Honestly, I had pretty much given up on PJ at that point too. They never play near where I live and the last show I had seen (in 2001) was really subpar in my book, so I found myself drifting away, in more ways than one.

Anyhoo, that kick-ass Missoula show changed everything for me and I’m stoked to be on PJ high once again. It was really cool to be able to finally meet some of you loons. Up to that point, I had never really let any of you be more than just words on a screen, except for maybe the few I choked to death in my dreams…
    So, to those who have been my friends, supported my writing, my music, my boredom at work, and even to those who sometimes inspired me to sharpen my knives, thank you for all the memories and possible future encounters.

Norm! – Owe you big time big guy. One sloppy kiss coming right up.
    D-Man – Brevity is wit! Thanks for always making me laugh… oh, and the crash pad!
    Unlost Dogs – What a nut! Makes me laugh just thinking about her enthusiasm… and my wife thinks you are the greatest thing since sliced bread.
    RKCANDY – Sheer awesomeness encapsulated, and a hell of a dessert maker, and she’ll float you a smoke or two if the need arises… and my wife thinks you are the greatest thing since Unlost.
    Lizard – Thanks for reading my work; it was great to meet you!
    Chadwick – Always a pleasure, fellow psychopath and word smith!
    Comebackgirl – As beautiful as she is kind and intelligent… and patient too, and basically the good person I sometimes wish I strived to be.
    Black Diamond – BD loves me more than he lets on, pretty sure I’m in the will somewhere…
    Lauriamae - Thank you for going above and beyond helping me get the tickets; I owe you drinks and then some!
    PJ-Rocks and PJ-Soul – always confused the two of you posting until I actually met you. Pretty sure I’ve got it straightened out now.
    BinauralJam – Always enjoyed your posting, keep up the good work. Happy Birthday!
    MickeyRat – Good peeps… for a truck driver (hey Speedy!)
    G under p – A gentleman and a scholar… who could probably whip all of our asses if need be.
    81, Nature Lover, I’m a Truck, and kw18 – It was great meeting the Dirty Franking crew after seeing all the pictures of the road trip; that’s about when the whole Missoula madness was becoming real to me.

I’ll continue to add more names and accolades to the list as an excuse to bump my thread. I’ll get to everyone eventually… probably, maybe, or not.

seems ol' eyed knows me pretty well & yet i never made my way to montana & we never partied hard together. thank goodness for that i a reckon. haven't had a drop of alcohol in 3 years or so. the world's people and i are both better off for this amazing feat.

if i'd have made my way to montana & had i been the drunkard party guy chadwick you'd still be fucked up all these weeks or months or years later. several types a pills, lotsa grass, several types a booze, & all the music we could handle.

then we'd have had 7 girl friends each and we'd have burnt down 3/4 of the town & told the sheriff & her deputies to go fuck themselves someplace. vikings still carry on like they did in the year 400. pearl jam and the entire town of montana are just fucking lucky the two of us were not present at the same locale at the same fucking time. again... all the drugs, all the booze and all the women would have been ours.

:twisted:

it is unusual reading your heartfelt writings. i am touched, sir! enjoy your work week
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    it is unusual reading your heartfelt writings.

it really is...it's like he's got human feelings and shit
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Snakeduck wrote:

Y'all look a little shady to me... ;) and packed in. Gotta be able to swing these elbows if need be.

Did you go to 'Elbow Room' whilst in Missoula? I did see a bar called that...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTJm1o5M-m4DvPxXQyPBOicn0J0Sb4T6A14Zn1w9LWUdxjaCjZJhg
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    by the way, i enjoy a nice sharp knive myself. i have several hidden around my home. never know when someone may need one crammed up their frickin keester.

enjoy the knives, man.

this makes me wanna go home and play knives and stupid person for awhile

good-bye

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Snakeduck wrote:

that place was on the way to the master bates hotel...i went in hoping to see this

lincolnhawk_display_image.jpg?1288756956

needless to say, i was disappointed
    norm wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

I was drunk... I needed the money... somebody else logged in as me! You take that back right now! :evil:
    norm wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

:lol: frickin funny, normie

ol' idaho mountain man or goat, whatever it is... has human feelings after all. at least 2 or 3 feelings anyway.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    81 wrote:
    Snakeduck wrote:

They are very friendly.

isn't san fran west of the Missisiiiispppii.:think:

Ok, sticking to the middleground somewhere west of the mississippi and east of california... and north of those crazy bible belt loonies... and south of those, wait, I dig Canadians.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    norm wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Snakeduck wrote:

that place was on the way to the master bates hotel...i went in hoping to see this

lincolnhawk_display_image.jpg?1288756956

needless to say, i was disappointed

So.....what did you see in there?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless