Secret Santa 2012

Comments

• bionicamybionicamy Posts: 424
    Spending most of the holiday season under the weather.... I haven't been around.

I never thanked Its just gish for the second part of her gift....the wonderful poster she sent!

Also thanks Dimi for managing the whole Secret Santa :D
    “This is a ah another request fulfillment. If none of the other of you like it at least one guy does. Actually it’s a girl, she’s right back there.”
    SMILE Eddie Vedder Cleveland 06.....
  • Sprunkn7 wrote:
    I know mine will arrive eventually....maybe for my birthday in Feb!!

And yes, Thanks Dimi...it was lots of work and we appreciate it.

I was so happy with the gift I sent this year getting one will just be a bonus :D
    pm sent
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • bionicamy wrote:
    Spending most of the holiday season under the weather.... I haven't been around.

I never thanked Its just gish for the second part of her gift....the wonderful poster she sent!

Also thanks Dimi for managing the whole Secret Santa :D
    thank you..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    I want to thank Dimi for doing such a kick ass job on this exchange this year. I really don't come around this board much anymore but I always make it back every holiday season,for this exchange.
    I really love putting a gift together, crafting and shopping for things that one has listed as "favorites".... but I have to say, the last couple of years have been kind of a bummer on this exchange, for me anyway :(

Last year I never received a gift, which was fine - the receiver of my gift was so sweet and happy and thankful for what I sent to her, it made it all ok - as that is what is fun about this, hearing from the person you gifted, that makes the whole exchange so much fun for me............anyway, this year - I got confirmation from Dimi that the person I gifted did receive the gift I sent (back in mid december) but I still have yet to hear from that person :(

kinda bummed about that :(
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • PJPixie wrote:
    I want to thank Dimi for doing such a kick ass job on this exchange this year. I really don't come around this board much anymore but I always make it back every holiday season,for this exchange.
    I really love putting a gift together, crafting and shopping for things that one has listed as "favorites".... but I have to say, the last couple of years have been kind of a bummer on this exchange, for me anyway :(

Last year I never received a gift, which was fine - the receiver of my gift was so sweet and happy and thankful for what I sent to her, it made it all ok - as that is what is fun about this, hearing from the person you gifted, that makes the whole exchange so much fun for me............anyway, this year - I got confirmation from Dimi that the person I gifted did receive the gift I sent (back in mid december) but I still have yet to hear from that person :(

i understand you..and thanks for your kind words
    and i need to say,that i contact your person,same some others too,that if they can please post in the thread that receive the gifts,cos this all is about ..to give the pleasure to the SS ...
    But as the person i organise this,i have some limits..
    i try to be distinctive and dont mail alot people ,so they dont feel pressure..
    just a few reminder emails..
    from there is up to them ,how they will react..
    i have some thoughts about this for next year,ill talk to Helen when its time if she will do it next year,or want me to continue,or she wants to pass it to someone else..
    same from the people will not receive any gift this year,i have some ideas to make them feel better..ill give it a week more,and then will do something about it..
    PJPixie wrote:

i understand you..
    and i need to say,that i contact your person,same some others too,that if they can please post in the thread that receive the gifts,cos this all is about ..to give the pleasure to the SS ...
    But as the person i organise this,i have some limits..
    i try to be distinctive and dont mail alot people ,so they dont feel pressure..
    just a few reminder emails..
    from there is up to them ,how they will react..
    i have some thoughts about this for next year,ill talk to Helen when its time if she will do it next year,or want me to continue,or she wants to pass it to someone else..
    same from the people will not receive any gift this year,i have some ideas to make them feel better..ill give it a week more,and then will do something about it..

Again Dimi, you're the best and you do a great job on this. I love the fact that you put a list up of all participants. It's all in Black and White for all of us to view, the updates are awesome!
    It looks like you haven't even received your gift yet this year?? is that correct? How does that work?

• PJPixie wrote:

Again Dimi, you're the best and you do a great job on this. I love the fact that you put a list up of all participants. It's all in Black and White for all of us to view, the updates are awesome!
    It looks like you haven't even received your gift yet this year?? is that correct? How does that work?
    ok..lol..
    2 things about that..
    i received 5 SS gifts!!!a few friends sent me gifts..with me not be their person..
    i put myself in the list,but if i add my self at the game,will rule it..cos ill know who sent me gift ,so i didnt take part...
    i randomly,pick up 2 people from the list and sent them gifts as an extra SS for them,cos i want atleast to be part..
    but..lol..1st i fucked up the address,and 2 days ago i received the one back..
    and the second...i sent to someone,that was under bad mood,and health issue,receive it..but was in the situation to deal with it,cos was more important things to deal with,like health..
    and im sure,he didnt realise..was a SS gift from me..lol
    funny things happens sone times..
    Well, here is to hoping that receiver feels better soon! Have a great weekend Dimi!

• PJPixie wrote:
    Well, here is to hoping that receiver feels better soon! Have a great weekend Dimi!
    thanks..same to you
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,829
    Some of these gifts are turning into PJ SS "holiday" gifts just like the single from the boys and 10C. :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mickeyrat wrote:
    Some of these gifts are turning into PJ SS "holiday" gifts just like the single from the boys and 10C. :mrgreen:
    lol
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    I understand from Dimi mine got lost. That sucks. I feel bad for the person to send me another, it's not their fault it got lost in transit :(

I know how it feels, mine was late due to shipping ( it must have been held up in customs) and I was pissed...but it was out of my hands and there was just plain nothing I could do about it.

I still think this was a good year. Peeps got some really cool things!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Sprunkn7 wrote:
    I understand from Dimi mine got lost. That sucks. I feel bad for the person to send me another, it's not their fault it got lost in transit :(

I know how it feels, mine was late due to shipping ( it must have been held up in customs) and I was pissed...but it was out of my hands and there was just plain nothing I could do about it.

I still think this was a good year. Peeps got some really cool things!
    was a good year..hope the rest will arrive..
  • SECRET SANTA 12 RECEIVED GIFT LIST

FRIENDS WITH THE RED AT THE RIGHT ON THE LIST CONFIRMED TO ME OR POST TO THE THREAD THAT THEY RECEIVED THEIR CHRISTMAS GIFT!!!! :)

1.Dimitris #
    2.StillHere # 48. Claireack
    3.Umbertotamba # 26.LarsK13
    4.Black Diamond #
    5.rafie # 30.Owl
    6.Princess Bulldozer # 21.1Vedhead
    7.mfc2006 # 4.Black Diamond
    8.Mamasan23 # 78.of.the.girl
    9.Released1980 # 45. Green Circle
    10.Loulou # 32.hgpjam11
    11.Sprunkn7 # 10.Loulou
    12.Mickeyrat # 11.Sprunkn7
    13.AlbertaGirl70_ # 9.Released1980
    14.WhoPrincess # 16.yourLIFEmadeusSTARS
    15.Irish1313 # 43. Sweet Lou
    16.yourLIFEmadeusSTARS # 33. guitar59
    17.vduboise # 31.Morello
    18.wolfbear # 67.Whispering hands
    19.kellanazzie # 40. Om Remedy
    20.Mahndog #
    21.1Vedhead # 25.pearljgirl2010
    22.Maynardsux #
    23.Adidi # 18.wolfbear
    24.fifi ireland # 34. Enkidu
    25.pearljgirl2010 # 51.drinkbigredinstead‏#
    26.LarsK13 # 29.Coachchris
    27.RedMosquito75 #
    28.Dottles # 2.StillHere
    29.Coachchris # 24.fifi ireland
    30.Owl # 81.mensane
    31.Morello # 35. Leezestarr313
    32.hgpjam11# 14.WhoPrincess
    33. guitar59 # 20.Mahndog
    34. Enkidu # 72.HEX
    35. Leezestarr313 # 46. RYEzupSF
    36. tallman72 # 42. Eeriepadave
    37. Totaledheadhead # 66.bluegrace
    38. PJStatTracker # 70.theserialthrilla
    39. lorifreud # 8.Mamasan23
    40. Om Remedy.# 15.Irish1313
    41. pandora # 52.mindi
    42. Eeriepadave # 77.skanji32
    43. Sweet Lou 14 # 5.rafie
    44. barger395 # 7.mfc2006
    45. Green Circle # 13.AlbertaGirl70_
    46. RYEzupSF # 6.Princess Bulldozer
    47. thefixer9 # 80.PJ PIXIE
    48. Claireack # 19.kellanazzie
    49.radar# 55.JBii
    50.PatrickBateman # 53.eMMI
    51.drinkbigredinstead‏ #
    52.mindi # 17.vduboise
    53.eMMI # 28.Dottles
    54.bionicamy # 3.Umbertotamba
    55.JBii # 63.JzP
    56. get_axel_some # 57. Tinkerbell
    57. Tinkerbell # 68.Linner44
    58. good names r taken # 12.Mickeyrat
    59. Caveeze # 62.Irish Al
    60. its just gish # 54.bionicamy
    61. ruairis mum # 64.mortonbayfig
    62.Irish Al # 44. barger395
    63.JzP # 47.thefixer9
    64.mortonbayfig # 41. pandora
    65.Aga81 #
    66.bluegrace # 73.unlost dogs
    67.Whispering hands # 83. myra
    68.Linner44 # 39. lorifreud
    69.Light_of_Stars # 58. good names r taken
    70.theserialthrilla # 71.boyo79
    71.boyo79 # 38. PJStatTracker
    72.HEX # 50.PatrickBateman
    73.unlost dogs # 84. RKCNDY
    74. Katyz # 82.LR41826
    75.pktrekgirl # 79.rpeche
    76.Sonja_S‏ # 86.JK12093
    77.skanji32 # 22.Maynardsux
    78.of.the.girl #
    79.rpeche # 74. Katyz
    80.PJ PIXIE # 69.Light_of_Stars
    81.mensane # 49.radar
    82. LR41826 # 76.Sonja_S
    83. myra # 85. Fifthelement
    84. RKCNDY # 61.ruairis mum
    85. Fifthelement # 60.its just gish
    86.JK12093 ‏#
  • 2 arrive today..8 left to go
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    PJPixie wrote:
    I love the fact that you put a list up of all participants

Surely there's always been a list of participants. :)

Still, what a wonderful job done and thank you from me too for doing this Dimi! :mrgreen: It takes a level of organisational skills that I can only dream of achieving. :lol:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • eMMI wrote:
    PJPixie wrote:
    I love the fact that you put a list up of all participants

Surely there's always been a list of participants. :)

Still, what a wonderful job done and thank you from me too for doing this Dimi! :mrgreen: It takes a level of organisational skills that I can only dream of achieving. :lol:
    i guess Pixie means the list,who sent to who,for can check the matching couples,and see who isnt receive it yet..was specific reasons for do that..
    thanks for your kind words...
    i know the team under me at work,doesnt like much my organisational skills :lol:
    for me,has to do if you like and want to do something..then its more easy to do it..and put time and effort
    if i dont like something,i dont waste even a second to it..
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    Dimi you can come organize my life in LA any time you want.

By the way, the person I sent my SS gifts to, HEX, just sent me a bunch of CDs. Thanks so much!
  • Enkidu wrote:
    Dimi you can come organize my life in LA any time you want.
    i saw that.. ;)
    Enkidu wrote:
    By the way, the person I sent my SS gifts to, HEX, just sent me a bunch of CDs. Thanks so much!

she is really amazing..we tour together at euro 12 tour..
    and come on..i took her spare tix at Epic Amsterdam 2 show!!! :D
  • hope something arrive this week
  • well,i have no positive responce from people they waiting their gift,,didnt get answer from all..
    ill wait a couple a days then mail SS if packages isnt arrive,if they can do anything more,ask at post office,resent package etc..
    lets hope for the best..

i have no response at all all this time from one person,if item arrive or sent it..
    hope all is ok
  • mahndogmahndog Posts: 394
    hey dimi anything from my ss on receiving it? i can only file a complaint at end of january, luckily i have a picture of what i sent and i plan to resend all that i can if it never makes it :-S. . . may need some peeps help on a couple items tho as i dont have an spares, and the custom piece i can get re-done if need be. . . fack i hope it makes it like seriously this is BS!!!

jer
    Toronto 9.21.96/Barrie 8.22.98/Toronto 10.5.00/Toronto 6.28.03/Kitchener 9.11.05/Toronto 5.10.06/Toronto 8.21.09/PJ20 9.03.11/PJ20 9.04.11/Toronto 9.11.11/London 7.16.13/Buffalo 10.12.13

kingjeremysig.jpg
  • mahndog wrote:
    hey dimi anything from my ss on receiving it? i can only file a complaint at end of january, luckily i have a picture of what i sent and i plan to resend all that i can if it never makes it :-S. . . may need some peeps help on a couple items tho as i dont have an spares, and the custom piece i can get re-done if need be. . . fack i hope it makes it like seriously this is BS!!!

jer
    i talked with him yesterday,his afternnon..sorry..nop..
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    Hello peeps, jut checking in to see how we're doing, will leave you all a *mwah* and a *huggle*
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • in the meantime..
    i keep getting cool SS gifts..

thank yopu Amber aka its just gish

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

81940431.jpg
  • nothing else arrive today.. :(
  • I'm glad to finally be able to say I got my present!! Thank you soooooo much Gerry (aka Maynardsux!)

My package came all the way from Canada, and for some reason, even though there was a plumber, a carpenter and two of my housemates in the house, no one heard the postman so I had to pick it up from the post office! :fp:

santa1_zpse65853b2.jpg

There was a lovely card, with a great letter about my SS, his ties to Ireland and a description of each gift, which was numbered! There was a Canada theme, so I got:

santa2_zps6af918ea.jpg

1. Neil Young newest CD (which I've been playing while I was quilting today, it's brilliant!)

2. Chocolates, which I will devour after dinner (there goes the NY diet!!)

3. A "Tragically Hip" concert DVD. I've heard of them before, but I haven't heard their music yet. Here's hoping my DVD player will play it! :)

4. A novel called "The Five People You Meet in Heaven" by Mitch Albom. This looks so good! My housemate has already stolen it from me, as I'm still reading another book!

5. An awesome Canadian baseball cap!

6. And most importantly.... Whiskey!! :twisted: For someone who doesn't know me, you hit the nail on the head!

Thanks again Ger for such a great present, and of course Dimitris for doing a stand up job!! :)

Pam

FRIENDS WITH THE RED AT THE RIGHT ON THE LIST CONFIRMED TO ME OR POST TO THE THREAD THAT THEY RECEIVED THEIR CHRISTMAS GIFT!!!! :)

1.Dimitris #
    4.Black Diamond #
    5.rafie # 30.Owl
    10.Loulou # 32.hgpjam11
    11.Sprunkn7 # 10.Loulou
    17.vduboise # 31.Morello
    20.Mahndog #
    22.Maynardsux # 37. Totaledhead
    23.Adidi # 18.wolfbear
    27.RedMosquito75 #
    28.Dottles # 2.StillHere
    30.Owl # 81.mensane
    34. Enkidu # 72.HEX
    41. pandora # 52.mindi
    49.radar# 55.JBii
    51.drinkbigredinstead‏ #
    52.mindi # 17.vduboise
    53.eMMI # 28.Dottles
    55.JBii # 63.JzP
    63.JzP # 47.thefixer9
    65.Aga81 #
    74. Katyz # 82.LR41826
    76.Sonja_S‏ # 86.JK12093
    78.of.the.girl #
    79.rpeche # 74. Katyz
    81.mensane # 49.radar
    82. LR41826 # 76.Sonja_S
    86.JK12093 ‏#
  • I'm glad to finally be able to say I got my present!! Thank you soooooo much Gerry (aka Maynardsux!)

My package came all the way from Canada, and for some reason, even though there was a plumber, a carpenter and two of my housemates in the house, no one heard the postman so I had to pick it up from the post office! :fp:

santa1_zpse65853b2.jpg

There was a lovely card, with a great letter about my SS, his ties to Ireland and a description of each gift, which was numbered! There was a Canada theme, so I got:

santa2_zps6af918ea.jpg

1. Neil Young newest CD (which I've been playing while I was quilting today, it's brilliant!)

2. Chocolates, which I will devour after dinner (there goes the NY diet!!)

3. A "Tragically Hip" concert DVD. I've heard of them before, but I haven't heard their music yet. Here's hoping my DVD player will play it! :)

4. A novel called "The Five People You Meet in Heaven" by Mitch Albom. This looks so good! My housemate has already stolen it from me, as I'm still reading another book!

5. An awesome Canadian baseball cap!

6. And most importantly.... Whiskey!! :twisted: For someone who doesn't know me, you hit the nail on the head!

Thanks again Ger for such a great present, and of course Dimitris for doing a stand up job!! :)

Pam
    awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1.Dimitris #
    4.Black Diamond #
    5.rafie # 30.Owl
    10.Loulou # 32.hgpjam11
    11.Sprunkn7 # 10.Loulou
    17.vduboise # 31.Morello
    20.Mahndog #
    22.Maynardsux # 37. Totaledhead
    23.Adidi # 18.wolfbear
    27.RedMosquito75 #
    28.Dottles # 2.StillHere
    30.Owl # 81.mensane
    34. Enkidu # 72.HEX
    41. pandora # 52.mindi
    49.radar# 55.JBii
    51.drinkbigredinstead‏ #
    52.mindi # 17.vduboise
    53.eMMI # 28.Dottles
    55.JBii # 63.JzP
    63.JzP # 47.thefixer9
    65.Aga81 #
    74. Katyz # 82.LR41826
    76.Sonja_S‏ # 86.JK12093
    78.of.the.girl #
    79.rpeche # 74. Katyz
    81.mensane # 49.radar
    82. LR41826 # 76.Sonja_S
    86.JK12093 ‏# 27.RedMosquito75