Secret Santa 2012

Comments

• pandora wrote:
    My Secret Santa gifts thank you mortonbayfig !

Party !

CIMG1775_zpsf8725294.jpg

This wrap is precious... saving it for a special gift next year. Love the tree people and birds
    and it came from the other side of the world! soooo 8-)

CIMG1793_zpsbf6d21fb.jpg

This pic does not do my card justice, it is a keeper and will come out each Christmas.
    It is beautiful and the handwritten sentiment makes it even more so :D

CIMG1791_zps886c7123.jpg

Somebody knows I love Elvis! I will enjoy the two cds,
    The Australian Fan Set, of many of his greatest songs thank you! Hot tub here I come!!

CIMG1777_zps2ecea2f2.jpg

This is so special to me! WOW!
    JB was very impressed with the dye sublimation process, beautifully done.
    The artwork so cool, a lovely silk bag made with care.
    I have my mother's pillow tucked in a plastic bag for safe keeping.
    It now will join the family covered in this lovely Pearl Jam silk creation.
    She always loved Pearl Jam, music her only wish at the end of her days.
    Pearl Jam my comfort through her passing and beyond.
    This means much more to me than words can say. Thank you from my heart.

CIMG1779_zpsfa703a0e.jpg

And my pin all the way from Australia! It has found a home on my black snuzzy winter hat
    reminding me in years to come of a new friend down under! :D

CIMG1794_zps1a5edec0-1_zps25282200.jpg

Very special your gifts you sent ....
    Happy New Year, a year filled with happiness and love to you and yours...
    Thank you for making my Christmas the best! :D
    wow..so many beautiful gifts..so much thoughtfull gifts.love them all
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • AdidiAdidi Posts: 31
    wolfbear wrote:
    640x480DSC01125_zps1a84ecb4.jpg

DSC01126_zpsd04febc7640x480_zps0d898a2b.jpg

640x480DSC01127_zps4a031f80.jpg
    As I said, just WOW! I received the most beautiful photography book my SS made with PJ quotes for each picture. PJ coasters also made by her. Did I say she is talented!!! DVD of a local rock band, CD of Israeli music and a DVD filled with incredible views of Israel. I was surprised to find how green and lush it is in places there and how popular flash mobs are. Also, a travel water bowl for our dog, ring with music symbols (which is exactly my size), assortment of yummy snacks and candy, "road blessing" keychain, good luck ornament and cool blue scarf. All of this detailed in a two page hand written letter with the loveliest notes and sentiments. Not only did she go item by item in my list of things I like for the SS email she also researched by posts! Just totally amazing! Thank you soooo much again and really hope I get to meet you some day. :)

I'm SO excited that You love it!!! and I sure hope we meet some day ;)
    *** Landgraaf 12.6.00 *** Sydney 11.2.03 *** Sydney 13.2.03 *** Sydney 14.2.03 *** Adelaide 16.2.03 *** Melbourne 18.2.03 *** Melbourne 19.2.03 *** Melbourne 20.2.03 *** Berlin 4.7.12 *** Berlin 5.7.12 ***
  • Whoever the person was, who sent all those gifts from Poland..
    NICE JOB!!!

Very Nice!!!

I have never been involved in this Secret Santa.
    But I have followed it over the years...
    And you my friend, did a NICE job!!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Adidi wrote:

Wow, these coasters are ace :shock: :thumbup:
    NICE JOB!!!

Very Nice!!!

i agree with SPEEDY..
    i love when the gift has to do with someone culture,country...its so lovely to get something from a country you never been there,or know things about...

btw..polish friend name is ..Marcin .. :)
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    lots of sweeet gifts..mark me down for santa 13
  • Adidi wrote:
    wolfbear wrote:

As I said, just WOW! I received the most beautiful photography book my SS made with PJ quotes for each picture. PJ coasters also made by her. Did I say she is talented!!! DVD of a local rock band, CD of Israeli music and a DVD filled with incredible views of Israel. I was surprised to find how green and lush it is in places there and how popular flash mobs are. Also, a travel water bowl for our dog, ring with music symbols (which is exactly my size), assortment of yummy snacks and candy, "road blessing" keychain, good luck ornament and cool blue scarf. All of this detailed in a two page hand written letter with the loveliest notes and sentiments. Not only did she go item by item in my list of things I like for the SS email she also researched by posts! Just totally amazing! Thank you soooo much again and really hope I get to meet you some day. :)

so great and creative your gift Adi...thanks for be part of this :)
    anyone get benayora vinyl?
  • JzPJzP Posts: 933
    very happy to be a part of this. Great job everyone and thanks Dimi for coordination.
    ~JzP
    NICE JOB!!!

Very Nice!!!

You should do it, Speedy!

I followed it for years before I took part. It was always so fun to see people's gifts but the really fun part is trying to choose gifts for someone you don't know. Then reading about how much they liked it!

I've gotten some awesome gifts from my Secret Santas, but what I really look forward to is shopping for someone else! That, and seeing all the pictures of what everyone else received.! :D
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • JzP wrote:
    very happy to be a part of this. Great job everyone and thanks Dimi for coordination.
    :D
  • AdidiAdidi Posts: 31
    Adidi wrote:
    wolfbear wrote:

so great and creative your gift Adi...thanks for be part of this :)

Thank You Dimi for all the care, effort and love you put into it... and for exposing me to this cool tradition! :clap:
    *** Landgraaf 12.6.00 *** Sydney 11.2.03 *** Sydney 13.2.03 *** Sydney 14.2.03 *** Adelaide 16.2.03 *** Melbourne 18.2.03 *** Melbourne 19.2.03 *** Melbourne 20.2.03 *** Berlin 4.7.12 *** Berlin 5.7.12 ***
  • Adidi wrote:
    [so great and creative your gift Adi...thanks for be part of this :)

Thank You Dimi for all the care, effort and love you put into it... and for exposing me to this cool tradition! :clap:
    :)
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    More ace secret santa pressies arriving I see, so great!
    :mrgreen:
    Loving the mix of items and the place related pressies too.
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Hi Pandora,
    I'm so pleased that you love your ss gift :D I'm very touched that you would use the cover for your Mother's pillow and by your warm words. Your JB looks like a sweet fella too. Enjoy the rest of the holiday season!
  • dottles wrote:
  • My poor person is having THE most difficult
    Time getting their present! Next time I'll make
    sure to FedEx my gifts!! Poor person had been
    on the phone with DHL more than any one human
    should have to be! Shoot, I'm starting to learn
    their names!!! Very disappointed with that company
    After all that, all the time I spent shopping for
    the supplies to MAKE the major part of it, and then
    the little extras, plus all this DHL bullshit, I really
    hope my person likes their gift!
  • All that having been said... Dimitris, you seriously
    rock at this, and you obviously sacrificed your own
    time to make this happen for all of us, thank you a
    zillion times! This has been so much fun! I madea new
    friend, and now have an excuse to run off to the
    Northwest! Lol thank you again for hosting and
    Organizing this this year!
  • myramyra Posts: 1,257
    Woo hoo! Got a text from my hubby while I was at physio asking me if I knew anyone in southern France? Of course I did! As I met a lovely young lady from the board in Marseille last year. Turns out she was my secret Santa!!! In a high state of excitement, yet still eliciting caution as we've been inundated with about 15 cm of snow in the past few hours (and it's still coming down :| ), I rushed home to rip open my pressie.

Coline really kitted me out for future travels: I got a beautiful blue, beaded clutch purse; a kit with four bottles for travel liquids: shampoo, conditioner, etc.; a travel album to fill with pictures and paper souvenirs; tonnes of praline chocolates and nougats as well as a package of calissons, a lovely sweet treat from Provence. And finally a beautiful bracelet with a petite tour d'Eiffel.

Merci beaucoup mon ami. Les dons ont été très gentil. J'espère que nous pourrons à nouveau, plus tôt que plus tard. Pardonnez mes erreurs.  Je seulement viens de terminer mon premier niveau de français dans les années.
    Lol :oops: :mrgreen: Joyeux Noël et bonne année.

I will post pictures as soon as I get my computer repaired. As of right now I'm posting from my phone.

Dimi:
    Σας ευχαριστώ άλλη μια φορά Δημήτρη.  Έχετε κάνει μια καταπληκτική δουλειά που διοργανώνει το μυστικό santa φέτος.  Καλά Χριστούγεννα και ευτυχισμένο ΑΝΑ έτος. I hope that made sense lol ;):D

Soo glad you liked it !

It was to be seen as an incentive to pack your bags and travel : sometimes just seeing my suitcase and travel stuffs makes me want to hop on the first plane to anywhere :lol: .

It was supposed to get to you on the 24th though *sigh*, but that was close I guess ...

I was so happy to be your Secret Santa ! What were the odds ? ;)

Anyway, congrats on your French ! I really loved meeting you last year and I hope we'll get to meet again very soon (and who knows, maybe I'll be the one packing my bags this time !) :D .
    My poor person is having THE most difficult

As it is, I had to spend quite some time on the phone with DHL, could you be my Secret Santa ? :mrgreen:

I felt sorry for whoever was my secret Santa though, because they sent the parcel super early but DHL stuck their stupid sticky delivery notice at the bottom of my mailbox so it took a few days for me to randomly see it. I immediately scheduled a new delivery online, but it "skipped" from their computers, or so they said, so basically I could see the parcel being stuck somewhere in Marseille and they wouldn't deliver it to me :x .

But it's all good now, finally got someone on the phone and it's being delivered Monday :D . Fingers crossed !!
  • i receive this amazing gift today..

HEX aka Jojo.....

thank you girl..you really rock..

jojolc.jpg

jojo1.jpg

jojo2o.jpg
    dottles wrote:

;) :P
  • myra wrote:
    My poor person is having THE most difficult

As it is, I had to spend quite some time on the phone with DHL, could you be my Secret Santa ? :mrgreen:

I felt sorry for whoever was my secret Santa though, because they sent the parcel super early but DHL stuck their stupid sticky delivery notice at the bottom of my mailbox so it took a few days for me to randomly see it. I immediately scheduled a new delivery online, but it "skipped" from their computers, or so they said, so basically I could see the parcel being stuck somewhere in Marseille and they wouldn't deliver it to me :x .

But it's all good now, finally got someone on the phone and it's being delivered Monday :D . Fingers crossed !!
    hope all work well on monday! :D
  • Paulina87Paulina87 Posts: 3,300
    damn, i totally forgot about this :( for sure i'm in next year!!!!!!
    so many great gifts posted on here, must be so much fun!! :thumbup:
    Chorzów 2007 - Berlin 2009 - Berlin 2010 - Gdynia 2010 - Berlin 2012 - Berlin 2012 - Stockholm 2012 - EV Manchester 2012 - Milan 2014 - Trieste 2014 - Vienna 2014 - Berlin 2014 - Gdynia 2014 - Rio 2018 - Sao Paulo 2018
  • Paulina87 wrote:
    ill remind you next year!!
  • Paulina87Paulina87 Posts: 3,300
    Paulina87 wrote:

OK! :D
    but don't forget!
    Chorzów 2007 - Berlin 2009 - Berlin 2010 - Gdynia 2010 - Berlin 2012 - Berlin 2012 - Stockholm 2012 - EV Manchester 2012 - Milan 2014 - Trieste 2014 - Vienna 2014 - Berlin 2014 - Gdynia 2014 - Rio 2018 - Sao Paulo 2018
  • Paulina87 wrote:
    Paulina87 wrote:

OK! :D
    but don't forget!
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    aaarrrgggg the frustration of my gift not getting there yet!!! Something is soooooo amiss :(
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!

Thanks D.!

I'll keep you posted :D
  • myra wrote:

Thanks D.!

I'll keep you posted :D