Secret Santa 2012

Comments

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    edited December 2012
    SECRET SANTA 12 RECEIVED GIFT LIST

FRIENDS WITH THE RED AT THE RIGHT ON THE LIST CONFIRMED TO ME OR POST TO THE THREAD THAT THEY RECEIVED THEIR CHRISTMAS GIFT!!!! :)

1.Dimitris #
    2.StillHere #
    3.Umbertotamba #
    4.Black Diamond #
    5.rafie #
    6.Princess Bulldozer # 21.1Vedhead
    7.mfc2006 #
    8.Mamasan23 #
    9.Released1980 #
    10.Loulou #
    11.Sprunkn7 #
    12.Mickeyrat #
    13.AlbertaGirl70_ # 9.Released1980
    14.WhoPrincess # 16.yourLIFEmadeusSTARS
    15.Irish1313 #
    16.yourLIFEmadeusSTARS #
    17.vduboise #
    18.wolfbear #
    19.kellanazzie # 40. Om Remedy
    20.Mahndog #
    21.1Vedhead #
    22.Maynardsux #
    23.Adidi #
    24.fifi ireland #
    25.pearljgirl2010 #
    26.LarsK13 #
    27.RedMosquito75 #
    28.Dottles #
    29.Coachchris #
    30.Owl #
    31.Morello #
    32.hgpjam11# 14.WhoPrincess
    33. guitar59 # 20.Mahndog
    34. Enkidu # 72.HEX
    35. Leezestarr313 #
    36. tallman72 #
    37. Totaledheadhead # 66.bluegrace
    38. PJStatTracker #
    39. lorifreud #
    40. Om Remedy.#
    41. pandora #
    42. Eeriepadave #
    43. Sweet Lou 14 #
    44. barger395 #
    45. Green Circle #
    46. RYEzupSF #
    47. thefixer9 # PJ PIXIE
    48. Claireack #
    49.radar#
    50.PatrickBateman #
    51.drinkbigredinstead‏ #
    52.mindi #
    53.eMMI #
    54.bionicamy #
    55.JBii #
    56. get_axel_some #
    57. Tinkerbell
    58. good names r taken # 12.Mickeyrat
    59. Caveeze # 62.Irish Al
    60. its just gish # 54.bionicamy
    61. ruairis mum #
    62.Irish Al #
    63.JzP #
    64.mortonbayfig # 41. pandora
    65.Aga81 #
    66.bluegrace # 73.unlost dogs
    67.Whispering hands #
    68.Linner44 #
    69.Light_of_Stars #
    70.theserialthrilla # 71.boyo79
    71.boyo79 #
    72.HEX #
    73.unlost dogs #
    74. Katyz #
    75.pktrekgirl #
    76.Sonja_S‏ #
    77.skanji32 #
    78.of.the.girl #
    79.rpeche #
    80.PJ PIXIE #
    81.mensane #
    82. LR41826 #
    83. myra #
    84. RKCNDY‏#
    85. Fifthelement ‏#
    86.JK12093 ‏#
    Post edited by dimitrispearljam on
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • bluegrace is the only so far that receive her gift and her gift arrive as well.. :)
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Just putting a handful of shavings into the box, and punching air holes in the top.

I'm heading to the post office Friday to ship it to its recipient.

I hope they have kevlar gloves.

I certainly hope you didn't stab said gift whilst punching air holes in the box...

oh, did you remember to put the card in there this time? :?

:shh:
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • RKCNDY wrote:
    You can get postal scales pretty reasonably at Amazon. One of the most practical purchases I've ever made. I like to sell junk on ebay and just got tired of using my lunch hour to go to the post office.

I need to get one of those as well...have a ton of stuff to sell! How do you affix the postage? Just print it out and tape it?

yes, some of the poster artists buy the Avery label paper so they just print and stick. Most stuff I buy off ebay comes with the label printed on paper and then taped to the package.

I bought a scale on ebay for like $12.
    Yeah, I've noticed most sellers just tape the label to the package. Being sorta on the nitpicky side, I like to use the labels.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • bluegrace is the only so far that receive her gift and her gift arrive as well.. :)
    Oh, I don't think so! :lol:
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Sanat loves his ho ho hos. :lol:
    along with WhoPrincess :D
    along with WhoPrincess :D
    :wave:
  • :wave:
    happy holidays Carolyn!! :)
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Managed to get to the post office yesterday! My gift is winging it's way to it's recipient :D
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    Sorry, have forgotten to post, my gift has been mailed and I was told it would definitely arrive before Christmas. I hope so and I hope the recipient will like it. :)
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    dottles wrote:
    My secret santa pressie is in the mail... (I let Dimitris know)
    I really hope my recipient likes it, I've not had mega amounts of time to put it together but I did try to put some thought into it.
    come on..u are so good at gifts!!!and making awesome things!! :)

:thumbup:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Claireack wrote:
    Managed to get to the post office yesterday! My gift is winging it's way to it's recipient :D
    :D
  • Got mine!!! :)
    So who is this "Pearl Jam sister from Canada of mine " ? ;);)

Nice to unwrap a proper Christmas present so early and so nice :)
    Thank you so much my Canadian sister whoever you are (although I'm pretty sure I know who it was) I still like the secrecy of it all.

Got a sweet EV t-shirt, some sweet CDs (I will admit I'm not quite up on their music but they will be played today) Some very nice local postcards, magnet and a GIGANTIC shot class which I will be christening in approx 5 hours from now ;)
    Thank you so much! I hope my secret Santa is as happy as I am with mine when they receive theirs ;)

Kudos to Dimi for such a great job organizing all this, well done man.
    "It's so nice to hear that in other parts of the world, the stress- borne from envy- that one finds for themselves is the animosity they develop towards a person selling a box of records. How fortunate!" ~ Thirty Bills Unpaid

MLMF NYC
  • And the package is away!! I shipped through DHL
    So they assured me it should get there soon.
    Can't wait to hear what they think of their gift!!
  • HEXHEX Posts: 224
    Received my Secret Santa box yesterday :D thank you so much !!

In the box were many small packages wrapped in beautiful paper with a word on each package :o
    Each word and gift offered a clue as a part of a game: guess the name of the Pearl Jam song !!

After checking some of the packages and words I could hear the song in my head already: Given To Fly ... what a great song and what an awesome idea !!
    I had to take some photos first ... and a coffee before opening all these packages ... such a wonderful surprise :D

But there was more fun to come ....... all the gifts related to the words of the song ..... tuning fork (tuned in), 'smoke tree' coasters (smoke in a tree), necklace (chains), padlocks (locks), dvd movie 'Meet the Fockers' (fuckers), knee socks (knee), picture of birds in a sweet little frame (fly), book titled 'Faceless' (faceless), cd 'Human Being' from Seal (human being), hairbrush named Wave ...(wave), pack of jawbreakers (jaw), Sea Monkeys (haven't find out what to do with it yet) (sea), flexi disc 'Fist To Yer Jaw' from Roger Chapman (fist to the jaw) ........wow what a good find ....... and last but not least a beautiful Art-card titled Given To Fly :D

As you can guess I had a wonderful time last night and a lot of fun :lol:

Thank you so much Ann for putting all this together !! I can tell by the look of this all and see and feel that you put a lot of love, time and fun in doing this and I love it !!!

Wishing you and your family happy holidays and all the best for the new year and again ....thank you :)

Also thanks to Dimi for organizing all this and happy holidays and best wishes to you all :D
  • Awesome stuff :clap:
  • Awesome gifrs!!!!ill update thread later!!!birthday party now
    Thanks everyone
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Mine was shipped yesterday!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2

Thank you so much my Canadian sister whoever you are (although I'm pretty sure I know who it was) I still like the secrecy of it all.

Got a sweet EV t-shirt, some sweet CDs (I will admit I'm not quite up on their music but they will be played today) Some very nice local postcards, magnet and a GIGANTIC shot class which I will be christening in approx 5 hours from now ;)
    Thank you so much! I hope my secret Santa is as happy as I am with mine when they receive theirs ;)

Pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics
    Download the unofficial <a href="http://bit.ly/PJStatTracker">Pearl Jam Stat Tracker</a> app for iPhone/iPad. It's <em>FREE.</em>

PM me with any comments or suggestions for the app - or weigh in <a href="http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=167611
    ">here</a>.
    or
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pjstattracker">Join the discussion on facebook</a>

• morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    Wow! So cool Hex & whoever your secret Santa is! :-D
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • boyo79boyo79 Posts: 6,525
    Received my Secret Santa today! Know who its from - there was a card - but I'm not opening the gifts til Christmas Day!
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    I haven't opened mine either, will say proper thanks when I do
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014

Pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics

At work now.. But I will get them up to tonight ;)
    "It's so nice to hear that in other parts of the world, the stress- borne from envy- that one finds for themselves is the animosity they develop towards a person selling a box of records. How fortunate!" ~ Thirty Bills Unpaid

MLMF NYC
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    edited December 2012
    SECRET SANTA 12 RECEIVED GIFT LIST

FRIENDS WITH THE RED AT THE RIGHT ON THE LIST CONFIRMED TO ME OR POST TO THE THREAD THAT THEY RECEIVED THEIR CHRISTMAS GIFT!!!! :)

1.Dimitris #
    2.StillHere #
    3.Umbertotamba #
    4.Black Diamond #
    5.rafie #
    6.Princess Bulldozer # 21.1Vedhead
    7.mfc2006 #
    8.Mamasan23 #
    9.Released1980 #
    10.Loulou #
    11.Sprunkn7 #
    12.Mickeyrat #
    13.AlbertaGirl70_ # 9.Released1980
    14.WhoPrincess # 16.yourLIFEmadeusSTARS
    15.Irish1313 #
    16.yourLIFEmadeusSTARS #
    17.vduboise #
    18.wolfbear #
    19.kellanazzie # 40. Om Remedy
    20.Mahndog #
    21.1Vedhead #
    22.Maynardsux #
    23.Adidi #
    24.fifi ireland #
    25.pearljgirl2010 #
    26.LarsK13 #
    27.RedMosquito75 #
    28.Dottles #
    29.Coachchris #
    30.Owl #
    31.Morello #
    32.hgpjam11# 14.WhoPrincess
    33. guitar59 # 20.Mahndog
    34. Enkidu # 72.HEX
    35. Leezestarr313 #
    36. tallman72 #
    37. Totaledheadhead # 66.bluegrace
    38. PJStatTracker #
    39. lorifreud #
    40. Om Remedy.#
    41. pandora #
    42. Eeriepadave #
    43. Sweet Lou 14 #
    44. barger395 #
    45. Green Circle #
    46. RYEzupSF #
    47. thefixer9 # PJ PIXIE
    48. Claireack #
    49.radar#
    50.PatrickBateman #
    51.drinkbigredinstead‏ #
    52.mindi #
    53.eMMI #
    54.bionicamy #
    55.JBii #
    56. get_axel_some #
    57. Tinkerbell
    58. good names r taken # 12.Mickeyrat
    59. Caveeze # 62.Irish Al
    60. its just gish # 54.bionicamy
    61. ruairis mum #
    62.Irish Al #
    63.JzP # thefixer9
    64.mortonbayfig # 41. pandora
    65.Aga81 #
    66.bluegrace # 73.unlost dogs
    67.Whispering hands #
    68.Linner44 #
    69.Light_of_Stars #
    70.theserialthrilla # 71.boyo79
    71.boyo79 #
    72.HEX #
    73.unlost dogs #
    74. Katyz #
    75.pktrekgirl #
    76.Sonja_S‏ #
    77.skanji32 #
    78.of.the.girl #
    79.rpeche #
    80.PJ PIXIE #
    81.mensane #
    82. LR41826 #
    83. myra #
    84. RKCNDY‏#
    85. Fifthelement ‏#
    86.JK12093 ‏#
    Post edited by dimitrispearljam on
  • 7th December and 15 friends already received their packages..great job everyone!!!
    when you find time post pictures please..
    if you have any problem or need any kind of help let me know..thanks :)
    Oooh ooh ooh!! I just tracked mine...it's on my recipient's door step waiting for them to get home!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: I can't wait!!!

This is so much fun, I'm glad I did it again this year :D
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • HEX wrote:
    and last but not least a beautiful Art-card titled Given To Fly :D
    A little birdie told me to check out this thread. That art piece is mine :) glad you like it!

Happy Holidays everyone!!
  • Mamasan23 wrote:
    Oooh ooh ooh!! I just tracked mine...it's on my recipient's door step waiting for them to get home!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: I can't wait!!!

awesome!!!! :):D ..great timing!!!!!!!!!!! 8-);)
    Mamasan23 wrote:

awesome!!!! :):D ..great timing!!!!!!!!!!! 8-);)

My thoughts exactly!!! :mrgreen: