Secret Santa 2012

Comments

• EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    HEX wrote:
    Received my Secret Santa box yesterday :D thank you so much !!

In the box were many small packages wrapped in beautiful paper with a word on each package :o
    Each word and gift offered a clue as a part of a game: guess the name of the Pearl Jam song !!

After checking some of the packages and words I could hear the song in my head already: Given To Fly ... what a great song and what an awesome idea !!
    I had to take some photos first ... and a coffee before opening all these packages ... such a wonderful surprise :D

But there was more fun to come ....... all the gifts related to the words of the song ..... tuning fork (tuned in), 'smoke tree' coasters (smoke in a tree), necklace (chains), padlocks (locks), dvd movie 'Meet the Fockers' (fuckers), knee socks (knee), picture of birds in a sweet little frame (fly), book titled 'Faceless' (faceless), cd 'Human Being' from Seal (human being), hairbrush named Wave ...(wave), pack of jawbreakers (jaw), Sea Monkeys (haven't find out what to do with it yet) (sea), flexi disc 'Fist To Yer Jaw' from Roger Chapman (fist to the jaw) ........wow what a good find ....... and last but not least a beautiful Art-card titled Given To Fly :D

As you can guess I had a wonderful time last night and a lot of fun :lol:

Thank you so much Ann for putting all this together !! I can tell by the look of this all and see and feel that you put a lot of love, time and fun in doing this and I love it !!!

Wishing you and your family happy holidays and all the best for the new year and again ....thank you :)

Also thanks to Dimi for organizing all this and happy holidays and best wishes to you all :D

I'm very happy you liked it. It's so much fun to do this every year and I love trying to figure out which song to do and which gifts to get - some goofy, some nice.

I don't know how it got there so fast, I think it was mailed a week ago. Wow.

And I'll say it again - are PJ fans the best or what?
  • Enkidu wrote:

And I'll say it again - are PJ fans the best or what?
    :D:D:D:D:D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • kellanazziekellanazzie Posts: 1,484
    edited December 2012
    :D
    Post edited by kellanazzie on
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    edited December 2012
    8-)
    Post edited by dimitrispearljam on
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,407
    love reading these reactions! :D can't wait for my recipient to receive their packages! :corn:

there was a notice on the door that we missed a package......hmmm...... :)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • mfc2006 wrote:
    love reading these reactions! :D can't wait for my recipient to receive their packages! :corn:

there was a notice on the door that we missed a package......hmmm...... :)
    iknow your secret santa ship it so....he is an awesome guy... :mrgreen:
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    mine should arrive in 6 - 10 days...I hope not mangled!!
    wow I am so excited for my person to get it!!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    But here's the question - what's more fun, putting a package together for someone you don't know?

Or getting a package from someone you don't know?

OR - being Dimi (or Helen) and matching up people and watching what happens?
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    ^^ All three are equal :lol::lol::lol:

I Love sending my SS!!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
    Sprunkn7 wrote:

I Love sending my SS!!

bingo! :D

Happy Holidays, everyone! :D:D:D:D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    edited December 2012
    :D:D
    Post edited by Leezestarr313 on
  • kellanazziekellanazzie Posts: 1,484
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Sprunkn7 wrote:

I Love sending my SS!!

bingo! :D

Happy Holidays, everyone! :D:D:D:D

:D Had my husband running around with me all over to find the perfect somethings for my recipient. All I knew about him was he likes to write poetry & I do believe he is fond of mushrooms. :think: Ahem, as Canadian Customs :shifty: would probably frown on the shipping of any form of questionable dried mushrooms , I think I did alright. Never fear though!!! I took a pic before I sent it :mrgreen: Just not sure if I should go ahead & post it.
  • Got mine!!! :)
    So who is this "Pearl Jam sister from Canada of mine " ? ;);)

Nice to unwrap a proper Christmas present so early and so nice :)
    Thank you so much my Canadian sister whoever you are (although I'm pretty sure I know who it was) I still like the secrecy of it all.

Got a sweet EV t-shirt, some sweet CDs (I will admit I'm not quite up on their music but they will be played today) Some very nice local postcards, magnet and a GIGANTIC shot class which I will be christening in approx 5 hours from now ;)
    Thank you so much! I hope my secret Santa is as happy as I am with mine when they receive theirs ;)

Kudos to Dimi for such a great job organizing all this, well done man.

Glad you liked your package :D Hope you enjoy the local music,and what did you drink out of the shot glass? :lol:

Thanks also to Dimi!!
    I will walk w/my hands bound
    I will walk w/my face blood
    I will walk w/my shadow flag

Memories back when she was smooth and strong
    and waiting for the world to come along...

Eddie solo Vegas Oct 31,Nov 1 2012
  • Enkidu wrote:
    But here's the question - what's more fun, putting a package together for someone you don't know?

Or getting a package from someone you don't know?

OR - being Dimi (or Helen) and matching up people and watching what happens?
    ok...i feel a little shy and weak when i receive something .cos im not sure ill find the right things to say or do for thank them back
    so i prefer to make a package for someone..

matching people is really hard work,cos ill tell u this..almost the half had some request.,i need to read prevoius years ,who has who as SS so not give the same person again .so i didnt want to fuck it up..sent all the emails is very important for not confuse this...but its really fun,just need alot of time..
    same as my english..i double check if i wrote things all will understand..
    but feels great when u read all this reaction..and the comments and remind me the reason i did that match up..lol...helps alot that i kno alot people in person that join secret santa or i know them and read them years now in the forum..
    ill be really happy when ALL get a package

the whole sharing love and give someone that you dont know..
    secret santa is really something magical here in the forum and im very happy to be a part of it..
    and feels proud that i had the honor to organize this year the whole..
    but still..im a little nervous and want all to receive this year their gift..

and when this ends,ill thank in the right way,someone special that spent hours to unblock me when i was blocked at the beggining,by giving me ideas and calm me and make me think simple how to organize this :)
    i just texted you, Dimi....

you don't have me on speed dial anymore? :evil: what the hell? :evil: :evil:

:lol::lol::lol:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Moseyed on down the the post office this afternoon to mail mine, and was assured it will be there well before Christmas.

The postal worker behind the counter said, "Any liquidsflammableshazardousmaterials?"

I said, "Liquids? No. Flammables..." (paused here)... "No. Hazardous materials..." (paused until she stopped looking at the the computer screen and glanced up at me, a little worried looking)... "Nnnnnnno. No."

And then I went :)

15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • mfc2006 wrote:
    i just texted you, Dimi....

you don't have me on speed dial anymore? :evil: what the hell? :evil: :evil:

i text u back..didnt receive it yet..
    you know the textneed to pass atlantic..will take awhile.. :fp: :lol::lol:
  • Moseyed on down the the post office this afternoon to mail mine, and was assured it will be there well before Christmas.

The postal worker behind the counter said, "Any liquidsflammableshazardousmaterials?"

I said, "Liquids? No. Flammables..." (paused here)... "No. Hazardous materials..." (paused until she stopped looking at the the computer screen and glanced up at me, a little worried looking)... "Nnnnnnno. No."

And then I went :)

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • guitar59guitar59 Posts: 1,221
    Love this thread...love seeing what gifts everyone gets...and can't wait to see what SS has sent me. ;)
  • thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    Want to give a huge thanks to jzp and his wife!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Along with my Mad Season 10C single, I got a huge box and I had a good feeling about it... :D
    Inside I found some really cool vinyls, including a RSD single, a local band from NH called Toughcats and PJ's 2003 Christmas single! Do not have it so I really really love it!! Perfect to add to my collect! Also inside was homemade Bug Spray ("Two Steps ahead of him") and homemade herb lotion for burns and cuts that were made by jzp's wife. Smells really nice :) What a wonderful package to open up while decorating the Christmas tree with the family on a Friday night. Thank you guys so much!!!! :mrgreen: So glad I joined again this year, my favorite time of the year and this community never seizes to amaze me! Hope everyone has a fantastic holiday season and a wonderful new year!! :D
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • SECRET SANTA 12 RECEIVED GIFT LIST

FRIENDS WITH THE RED AT THE RIGHT ON THE LIST CONFIRMED TO ME OR POST TO THE THREAD THAT THEY RECEIVED THEIR CHRISTMAS GIFT!!!! :)

1.Dimitris #
    2.StillHere #
    3.Umbertotamba #
    4.Black Diamond #
    5.rafie #
    6.Princess Bulldozer # 21.1Vedhead
    7.mfc2006 #
    8.Mamasan23 #
    9.Released1980 #
    10.Loulou #
    11.Sprunkn7 #
    12.Mickeyrat #
    13.AlbertaGirl70_ # 9.Released1980
    14.WhoPrincess # 16.yourLIFEmadeusSTARS
    15.Irish1313 #
    16.yourLIFEmadeusSTARS #
    17.vduboise #
    18.wolfbear #
    19.kellanazzie # 40. Om Remedy
    20.Mahndog #
    21.1Vedhead #
    22.Maynardsux #
    23.Adidi #
    24.fifi ireland #
    25.pearljgirl2010 #
    26.LarsK13 #
    27.RedMosquito75 #
    28.Dottles #
    29.Coachchris #
    30.Owl #
    31.Morello #
    32.hgpjam11# 14.WhoPrincess
    33. guitar59 # 20.Mahndog
    34. Enkidu # 72.HEX
    35. Leezestarr313 #
    36. tallman72 #
    37. Totaledheadhead # 66.bluegrace
    38. PJStatTracker #
    39. lorifreud #
    40. Om Remedy.#
    41. pandora #
    42. Eeriepadave #
    43. Sweet Lou 14 #
    44. barger395 #
    45. Green Circle #
    46. RYEzupSF #
    47. thefixer9 # PJ PIXIE
    48. Claireack #
    49.radar#
    50.PatrickBateman #
    51.drinkbigredinstead‏ #
    52.mindi #
    53.eMMI #
    54.bionicamy #
    55.JBii #
    56. get_axel_some #
    57. Tinkerbell
    58. good names r taken # 12.Mickeyrat
    59. Caveeze # 62.Irish Al
    60. its just gish # 54.bionicamy
    61. ruairis mum #
    62.Irish Al #
    63.JzP # thefixer9
    64.mortonbayfig # 41. pandora
    65.Aga81 #
    66.bluegrace # 73.unlost dogs
    67.Whispering hands #
    68.Linner44 #
    69.Light_of_Stars #
    70.theserialthrilla # 71.boyo79
    71.boyo79 #
    72.HEX #
    73.unlost dogs #
    74. Katyz #
    75.pktrekgirl #
    76.Sonja_S‏ #
    77.skanji32 #
    78.of.the.girl #
    79.rpeche #
    80.PJ PIXIE #
    81.mensane #
    82. LR41826 #
    83. myra #
    84. RKCNDY‏#
    85. Fifthelement ‏#
    86.JK12093 ‏#
  • my favorite thread at the moment :D
    Download the unofficial <a href="http://bit.ly/PJStatTracker">Pearl Jam Stat Tracker</a> app for iPhone/iPad. It's <em>FREE.</em>

PM me with any comments or suggestions for the app - or weigh in <a href="http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=167611
    ">here</a>.
    or
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pjstattracker">Join the discussion on facebook</a>

• HEXHEX Posts: 224
    HEX wrote:
    and last but not least a beautiful Art-card titled Given To Fly :D
    A little birdie told me to check out this thread. That art piece is mine :) glad you like it!

Happy Holidays everyone!!

Was thinking of you seeing the design on the card. I remember the Wave and other PJ designs you did for the T shirt competition a while ago. Love your drawings and Artwork :) Great website you have as well !!
  • morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    Dang, I've thought of something else I should have put in the present I sent off! DAMN! :x I hope they like what I sent anyway when they get it!! :P
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • my favorite thread at the moment :D
  • morello wrote:
    Dang, I've thought of something else I should have put in the present I sent off! DAMN! :x I hope they like what I sent anyway when they get it!! :P
    :)
  • EEcks mine is on the way..... but i'm not sure its as exciting as the other ones sent! I should have read the previous threads first! hummmmm
    168dcfb.jpg
  • EEcks mine is on the way..... but i'm not sure its as exciting as the other ones sent! I should have read the previous threads first! hummmmm
    this isnt a contest..its sharing love and make someone happy in the spirit of holidays!!!
    all Equal in this..no worries about what your package..trust me, will bring a huge smile and happiness to the person will get it.. :)
  • JzPJzP Posts: 933
    thefixer9 wrote:
    Want to give a huge thanks to jzp and his wife!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

glad it made it to ya and your enjoying it. Happy holidays my friend :mrgreen:
    ~JzP
    :corn:

to my recipient.....

you'll receive 2 packages this week....
    and another will arrive by Christmas Day. just make sure you feed it. :shock:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com