Astorians with tickets

Comments

• KeithosKeithos Posts: 853
    well you lot are :p:p

i can say this as Keith stated yesterday he wasnt bothered about saying hello to the guys yesterday... so i'm not bothered about his hair ;);)

That cut man... that shit cut deep

:P
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    if i wasnt married and you werent... i'd propose :);):D
    Aahhh... twists of fate! :rolleyes:
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Keithos wrote:
    That cut man... that shit cut deep

:P

you shouldnt eat jaggy peanuts then :p

pink feckin hair... i thought you reminded me of Limahl ;)

you've been quiet lately Keithos.. work busy??
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    Byrnzie wrote:
    So HH, these hurling games...do they have a rule like in ice hockey whereby if two fella's start having a go at each other the ref can order a time out and they both get 30 seconds to beat the crap out of each other? Simply put, is there any ruckin' with sticks?

I absolutely go crazy for ICE hockey. Used to go out with an ice hockey player - was very interesting - never knew what his face would look like each time I saw him. Worse than boxing!
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Byrnzie wrote:
    So HH, these hurling games...do they have a rule like in ice hockey whereby if two fella's start having a go at each other the ref can order a time out and they both get 30 seconds to beat the crap out of each other? Simply put, is there any ruckin' with sticks?

Lol, if two guys start having a go at eachother the whole two TEAMS join in :eek: . The ref just leaves them to it - and it's usually third man in is off. Gaelic football is worse - they have huge brawls.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • KeithosKeithos Posts: 853
    you shouldnt eat jaggy peanuts then :p

pink feckin hair... i thought you reminded me of Limahl ;)

you've been quiet lately Keithos.. work busy??

It's only the back that's pink!!!

Yep - work busy :( Finding more time now to talk shit though ;)

You been good?
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Lol, if two guys start having a go at eachother the whole two TEAMS join in :eek: . The ref just leaves them to it - and it's usually third man in is off. Gaelic football is worse - they have huge brawls.

Excellent!! Nothing more entertaining on a rainy Sunday afternoon than watching 20 men armed with sticks beating the shit out of each other in the name of sport. Other than watching darts that is - which is a REAL sport for athletes of the Essex variety.
    redrock wrote:
    I've seen gaellic football - I guess it's OK - not crazy about ball games unless it's rugby, aussie rules or american football. Hurling looks like hockey - a bit borning to me!

We have fun in our house when it's England vs. France and I love it when France wins (of course)!
    Oh I won’t even comment on Ireland V England :eek: . Doesn’t matter if we lose all the other matches – if we win that one, it’s like we won the grand slam. There’s just nothing better than a rugby day out.

If you like rugby, aussie rules and american Footy, it’s surprising you don’t like Gaelic football cos it’s quite similar to aussie rules and rugby. Well my county has a huge history in Gaelic football anyway. But we’re crap these days :( . Last year was pretty emotional though cos the team who won the All-Ireland – their captain had died just before the championship the year before and they were a mess but last year they got it together and did it for him and they were unstoppable. They were all crying and everything afterwards – it was lovely.

Hurling? Boring??? :eek: I've seen it mostly described as a mixture of hockey and murder :o and that's not far off.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Other than watching darts that is - which is REAL sport for athletes of the Essex variety.

hahahaah :D:D When I first moved to the UK, I couldn't believe they actually televised dart games for hours on end! Made me wonder what I got myself into marrying an Englishman! :D
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Excellent!! Nothing more entertaining on a rainy Sunday afternoon than watching 20 men armed with sticks beating the shit out of each other in the name of sport. Other than watching darts that is - which is a REAL sport for athletes of the Essex variety.

LMAO... my ex was mad into darts :confused: . It's just not really big here in Ireland but I watched a match once - the final of something with that Jelly guy and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    If you like rugby, aussie rules and american Footy, it’s surprising you don’t like Gaelic football cos it’s quite similar to aussie rules and rugby.

Maybe I didn't see a good game? Willing to try again!
    Hurling? Boring??? :eek: I've seen it mostly described as a mixture of hockey and murder :o and that's not far off.

Sorry...... just couldn't get into it. Didn't see any blood and guts though!
    LMAO... my ex was mad into darts :confused: . It's just not really big here in Ireland but I watched a match once - the final of something with that Jelly guy and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

are you mocking Byrnzies love of darts... how rude??? didnt i get slated for slagging off hurling!!!! ;)

anyway, 97.5% of your posts today contain references to fuckin rugby... boring!!!!! ;);)

http://www.rugbyforumsfortalkingshite.com
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.

Phil 'The Power' Taylor - legend!
    And don't forget Bobby George - fat cockney wanker extraordinaire!

Makes me proud to be an Englishman! ( Beats chest with one hand, stares stupidly into the horizon, whilst raising a pint of Stella with the other hand. Robbie Williams' Angel playing in the background)
    Byrnzie wrote:
    .... whilst raising a pint of Stella with the other hand)

Stella??? :eek: :confused: Shouldn't it be a pint of English beer (just to stay patriotic?)

ohhhh sounds even better then :rolleyes:

makes the "Catching Bullets With Your Teeth Cup Final" look positively gay :)

so basically the sport is just like hockey (which i knew by the way) but people kick the fuck out of each other... a lot .... yeah that sounds like a sport i want to play!! :rolleyes:

so you obviously have a fascination with violence or otherwise you'd be watching Hockey :confused:

Helen the psycho!! ;)
    redrock wrote:
    Stella??? :eek: :confused: Shouldn't it be a pint of English beer (just to stay patriotic?)

Ehh, come on, everyone knows Stella's made in Essex!
    redrock wrote:
    Maybe I didn't see a good game? Willing to try again!

Sorry...... just couldn't get into it. Didn't see any blood and guts though!

See thing about the two games is that you really HAVE to see the quality teams playing if you want to get into it. It's ok if you've been watching it all your life like me but you'd need to see Tyrone or Kerry in the football or Kilkenny or Cork in the Hurling (or any Munster team really). If you watch a football game say between Cavan :o and Roscommon, you may be disappointed. Only thing is there's ALWAYS one or two surprises that get as far as the semi stages so it's not as two tiered as it can seem.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Phil 'The Power' Taylor - legend!
    And don't forget Bobby George - fat cockney wanker extraordinaire!

Makes me proud to be an Englishman! ( Beats chest with one hand, stares stupidly into the horizon, whilst raising a pint of Stella with the other hand. Robbie Williams' Angel playing in the background)

Nah, was it Phil playing? No, that young Dutch fella, Jelly something!

Lol at your description though :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    so basically the sport is just like hockey (which i knew by the way) but people kick the fuck out of each other... a lot .... yeah that sounds like a sport i want to play!! :rolleyes:

so you obviously have a fascination with violence or otherwise you'd be watching Hockey :confused:

Helen the psycho!! ;)

Hmm... fastest field game in the world? One of the oldest team sports in the world? We've hurling myths and legends that go back thousands of years! So to say IT'S like hockey :D:D:D:D:D:D

:rolleyes: Dunky, stop attacking me anytime I mention sport! Or I'll buy a Sliotar and shove it down your throat in August, Setanta style :cool:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Yeah Hurling back on the agenda :D:D

and I love darts :)
    I need a coffee!
    Irish Al wrote:

Not another one!!! :eek: :eek:

Hi Al!
    redrock wrote:
    Not another one!!! :eek: :eek:

Hi Al!

Yeah my mate went to the world champs a couple of years ago and has gone darts mad, said the craic is unbelievable :D:D

Hi red, hows the family ;)
    I need a coffee!
    Nah, was it Phil playing? No, that young Dutch fella, Jelly something!

I don't know HH. The truth is I couldn't give a fuck about darts, other than for amusement purposes. It gives me a chuckle to see bulbus gutted hairy men weighed down with cheap market place jewellry sweating so much that they occasionally faint and impale themselves upon miniature javellins.
    Irish Al wrote:
    Yeah my mate went to the world champs a couple of years ago and has gone darts mad, said the craic is unbelievable :D:D

Good, thanks. And yours? Getting some sleep?

(We're being very civilized again!)
    Irish Al wrote:
    Yeah Hurling back on the agenda :D:D

:eek: Nooooo... I just don't get it!!!

Darts and cricket :eek: My worst nightmare :o

I think it's the world champsionship that I would have had to go to this year if I was still going out with him :o . Lol, makes me a bit thankful that didn't last :D

Well I figured if I make him watch PJ everytime he's over, I can go to a fucking darts match with him :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I don't know HH. The truth is I couldn't give a fuck about darts, other than for amusement purposes. It gives me a chuckle to see bulbus gutted hairy men weighed down with cheap market place jewellry sweating so much that they occasionally faint and impale themselves upon miniature javellins.

:D:D:D PERFECT description (nightmare image though!).
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Phew, that's good :) . I was almost losing respect for ya there :D but it's back now. That's all I see when I watch darts too - and people cheer and stuff :confused: I just don't get it.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    redrock wrote:
    Good, thanks. And yours? Getting some sleep?

(We're being very civilized again!)

All is well thanks, she's back to sleeping til 7, we had a few early days there but we're back on track now!

I'm a very civilized person, cant you tell :D:D:D
    I need a coffee!
    Irish Al wrote:

I think you must have misunderstood your mate Al. When he said the craic was unbelievable he was referring to the sight of the contestants unbelievably large bum cracks.
    Irish Al wrote:
    All is well thanks, she's back to sleeping til 7, we had a few early days there but we're back on track now!

I'm a very civilized person, cant you tell :D:D:D

:confused: Hmm... who are you and what have you done with Al? :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life