Astorians with tickets

Comments

• UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Chime wrote:
    Well I'll say good night as am off to make some supper and watch Newsnight Review (I actually really like it :o) so enjoy Jools :D (I sound like a right boring old fart :eek: )

May pop on quickly after Jools and Letterman if I'm awake enough, if not have a good weekend.

Yeah, you too, downloading Letterman now so will play that inbetween the Jools sessions... :D:D
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838

I think the AOL sessions are exceptional... different band set-up and the Gone version is just so chilling... as for Comatose, i cant praise that song enough... i sang along to it this morning at full volume... i have no larynx left.. :(

I love the look on Ed's face at the end of Comatose on the AOL sessions :D

Was it just me or did the crowd look like a frat party :confused: virtually no women at all.

Think must have been a little chilly in there to start with as Mike kept his jacket on for awhile. Don't think he could have managed that in the Astoria :o

EDIT: I'm really going this time ;)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    I thought the crowd were a bit sparse.. like they all had body odour problems... so far apart :)

did you guys think that Ed seemed to put more into his performance than at the Astoria... Mike simply couldnt put more effort in... guys acting like he's 19 again.. superb stuff!

I think the AOL sessions are exceptional... different band set-up and the Gone version is just so chilling... as for Comatose, i cant praise that song enough... i sang along to it this morning at full volume... i have no larynx left.. :(

it did actually hurt me to try and sing it :)

I saved the AOL sessions thing as a favourite, will they keep it on there for a while?
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    Chime wrote:
    . Don't think he could have managed that in the Astoria :o

quote]

Yeah, it was a bit warm in there!! :D
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    yeah.. it'll be there for a wee while... they still have the McCartney sessions available and they were done last year sometime

they also have an archive section... i watched Kings of Leon AOL session last night as well... and i watched RHCP and Coldplay as well... i had never seen the blinking site before but now i have it favouritised :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    Cool... will show it to my lads next weekend.... ;)
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    Corinne got to dance with Ed :eek:

Helen were you watching the zoom in on Jeff playing ;) starting to see him in a different light yet? :)

Caught the second half of the Letterman life wasted performance as switched channels after the Jools interview :)

Well done to the guy from the Pit who got dragged into the interview.
    Got Letterman on now :D:D
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    Oh............... Present Tense!!!! :D:D
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    UKDave wrote:
    Oh............... Present Tense!!!! :D:D

Oh indeed ....... enjoy :D:D:D

Think I'll definately be watching it again tomorrow at some point ... and probably AOL aswell :D And presume Jools will be around to download by then :rolleyes:

I LOVE PEARL JAM :D:D:D
    Saving revisit of AOL til tomorrow... Evolution baby......!! :D
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    UKDave wrote:
    Saving revisit of AOL til tomorrow... Evolution baby......!! :D

Night :)

Enjoy the rest of the show :D

If you want some entertainment for the night you could stay up into the wee hours following the gremmie blog and having your own Irving Plaza as they announce the set list ??? Or alternatively you could hit the sack.

Right will be back tomorrow to find the Jools downloads :D
    Chime wrote:
    Night :)

Enjoy the rest of the show :D

If you want some entertainment for the night you could stay up into the wee hours following the gremmie blog and having your own Irving Plaza as they announce the set list ??? Or alternatively you could hit the sack.

Right will be back tomorrow to find the Jools downloads :D

Nah... bed after Letterman... loving the LEASH banners :D ... cool!! Porch... catch ya later ;)
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    you watching Jools tonight Dave? taping Letterman?

i've "borrowed" the father in laws DVD recorder for the Later! show... and i set his SKY+ to record Letterman... i wonder if the SKY+ thing allows me to record to a DVD recorder?

just incase i fall asleep or something :rolleyes:

A frriend of my is recorded Jools for me on her Sky+ thingy and will put in on DVD - hope she didn't miss the end as the show was delayed! She was also recording the Gonzo thing on MTV2.
    I thought the crowd were a bit sparse.. like they all had body odour problems... so far apart :)

did you guys think that Ed seemed to put more into his performance than at the Astoria... Mike simply couldnt put more effort in... guys acting like he's 19 again.. superb stuff!

it did actually hurt me to try and sing it :)

I just wish there was some way to download the AOL sessions - I'm greedy, I want them on my computer!
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    as i said b4 on the jools thread , i felt Ed was singing consiously rather than passionatly , he seemed uncomfortable playing in that studio set up.

i have recorded Jools onto DVD but dont know how to get it up on the net for ppl

whats the AOL stuff ur talking about and how do i see it ? :)
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
    V V wrote:
    as i said b4 on the jools thread , i felt Ed was singing consiously rather than passionatly , he seemed uncomfortable playing in that studio set up.

i have recorded Jools onto DVD but dont know how to get it up on the net for ppl

whats the AOL stuff ur talking about and how do i see it ? :)

Link in the first item of the news section. Several songs recorded in their studio in Seattle, photos and some interview footage :D:D:D

Look at Ed's face at the end of Comatose :D
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    Help!! What's the AOL thing? I can't find it. All i get is the behind the scenes thing.
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
    Help!! What's the AOL thing? I can't find it. All i get is the behind the scenes thing.

The link in the news section takes you straight to the sessions where there should be a choice of videos (several songs recorded in their studio) there is also the backstage bit and some interview footage. I've only gone to it throught that link so don't know why it wouldn't be working sorry :(
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    thanks guys AOL was sweeeet ! Chime i'll watch it again on my own and check that smile ;)
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
    :eek: with all the Jools and Irving Plaza threads this had made it to page two :eek:

hope everyone is having good weekends :D
  • ChumfattyChumfatty Posts: 140
    Anyone see the message on the Pearljam.com about the 2006 tour boots being available...............

'Soon the first shows of the first leg of 2006 will be loaded into the system. At that point you can pre-buy any show you like and set the software to "Automatically download when available".'

Does this mean the Astoria boot too.????? Its listed as a tour date in the tour section, so fingers crossed.
    My body is a temple come kneel at my prayer mat.

Astoria 2006

*Astoria Crew*

Dublin 23/08/06 - best gig ever!
    Chumfatty wrote:
    Does this mean the Astoria boot too.????? Its listed as a tour date in the tour section, so fingers crossed.

I thought the same thing so fingers crossed :)
    it also says somehting about the vault being opened up.. in an "Oceans 10" type of way :)

do you see what i did there... i used the film about "vault robbing" and gave it 2 PJ references in the new title "Oceans" and "10".... how great is red wine :D
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    it also says somehting about the vault being opened up.. in an "Oceans 10" type of way :)

do you see what i did there... i used the film about "vault robbing" and gave it 2 PJ references in the new title "Oceans" and "10".... how great is red wine :D

Guess that answers my question elsewhere about whether you are slightly fou :D:D

Having a good evening Dunk?
    Chime wrote:
    Guess that answers my question elsewhere about whether you are slightly fou :D:D

Having a good evening Dunk?

yeah... i've had a cracking day and evening... my spelling has gone haywire though...

you gaving a nive tine? ;)

keep watching the letterman/AOL/Jools... its a PJ extravaganza!!!
    yeah... i've had a cracking day and evening... my spelling has gone haywire though...

you gaving a nive tine? ;)

keep watching the letterman/AOL/Jools... its a PJ extravaganza!!!

Haven't downloaded Jools so only watched it last night.

Had an OK day. Been raining on us after lulling us into a false sense of security with two really warm sunny days :(

Right am off. Keep enjoying the PJ goodness. Nighty night :)
    Chumfatty wrote:

More than fingers crossed. Praying to whatever is up there - I want it!
    (please... no big religious debate!)