Options

PJ made $2 million just for MIA

1235»

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,459

settle down bevis....ive travled 10's of thousads of miles for the band i loved...
    they will always be in my heart ....but the excitement and super respect isn;t there anymore

ive been lucky enough to see 90 odd shows in their prime....i'am content

tat is a shark on a surfboard underneath it PEARL JAM MAUI 98
    Got it in Lahina as a permanent souvenier

GREAT TRIP..PJ WITH VOLCANOES AS A BACK DROP..not to mention the whole yield album back to back nights
    ...and a green mike pic

sounds like an awesome trip.

the best part is......i got the tickets from my brother for being his best man
    he went to maui on his honeymoon and the tickets happened to be going on sale when he was there
    so he gets back and hands the envelope to me and i open it and say'what am i gonna do with these?" lol
    he says" you're gonna go upstairs and book a trip to Maui" lmao

few weeks later then announced the 2nd show so i called the box office and said i need 2
    when i told the lady my address (nyc) she was like 'you're serious" :lol:

yes it was an awesome trip ...its not often you follow breaching whales to a pj show
    you need to come to europe tour..
    then you will get the fire,the flame,the fuckin rocket you lost with the years..trust me on this... ;)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    JM84420JM84420 Backstage Posts: 48
    Dave Abbruzesse was found shitting his pants and crying in a back alley.

I miss Dave. Remember how much better and faster Porch used to be played. Ahh, those were the days...
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:
    so?

This. Who cares? Not I.
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,996
    mfc2006 wrote:
    so?

This. Who cares? Not I.

In a nutshell...yep.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    he went to maui on his honeymoon and the tickets happened to be going on sale when he was there
    so he gets back and hands the envelope to me and i open it and say'what am i gonna do with these?" lol

few weeks later then announced the 2nd show so i called the box office and said i need 2

yes it was an awesome trip ...its not often you follow breaching whales to a pj show
    then you will get the fire,the flame,the fuckin rocket you lost with the years..trust me on this... ;)

not if it's the amsterdam sitting crowd

great shows... but imagine if people stood up and enjoyed them? ;)
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,459

not if it's the amsterdam sitting crowd

great shows... but imagine if people stood up and enjoyed them? ;)
    hehe...those seating weed people....

GA....Cocaine...... ;)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,184
    JimmyV wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:
    so?

This. Who cares? Not I.

In a nutshell...yep.
    +1 :thumbup:
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,750
    Thorns2010 wrote:
    Well, at least we now know the entity known as Pearl Jam is about money and nothing much else anymore.
    Yeah, I wish it was like the old days when they refused the $100 million or so that they made with their first 4 albums. :fp: :roll:

I think it's awesome that they cleaned up at MIA. They deserve to be rich, since they're so awesome. I wish I was so awesome at something that I could make $2 million in one night!! #jealous
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    pjl44 wrote:
    Thorns2010 wrote:
    Well, at least we now know the entity known as Pearl Jam is about money and nothing much else anymore.

What next? Make recordings of their songs and sell copies of them to people? The lengths that musicians will go to make money nowadays...
    :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Tboz51Tboz51 Posts: 2,808
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    Tboz51 wrote:
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    [quote="Tboz51"Ed gets 33% of the takes.

Is this true? How do you know?

Hmmm, interesting stuff. Its good to be EV thats for sure.

I think it is very fair to be paid more in his position... Playing other instruments is extremely difficult.. But keeping your voice solvent is a work of art.

Some would say in 2000-2006 EV never sounded better. I can see that side.

If he doesn't quit smoking he will eventually lose it all. This isn't opinion, but fact.

I love what he does with Arc in solo shows and it was the best part of St. Louis last year.

Him getting 30+% is very fair to me... Most in these threads would agree he should try to get 100% because we should celebrate every artist monopolizing every dollar available. :lol:
    "Honesty will always be construed as negative to a dumbass"
    :-)
  • Options
    Tboz51Tboz51 Posts: 2,808
    100 Pacer wrote:
    Tboz51 wrote:
    Go into itunes, download Alan Cross' Pearl Jam biography.

It is in orange and difficult to miss.

Listen to what he says about after Ten came out (I believe).

He was never sued for saying this...

Alan Cross is actually on good terms with Ed.

Good, it was nice to hear some new things I never heard before.

I am glad for the bands success'...
    "Honesty will always be construed as negative to a dumbass"
    :-)
  • Options
    RockMamaRockMama Deep Creek Lake, MD Posts: 478
    Just saw this list of the wealthiest front men on yahoo (source-celebrityNetworth.com)

#30: Eddie Vedder Net Worth – $80 Million (Pearl Jam)

I do commend him for his activism.
    107 total First-Summerfest, Milwaukee '95
    Most recent: 2018 Stadium shows: Seattle 2, Missoula, Fenway 1 and 2; 2022: Oakland 1 and 2
  • Options
    Tboz51 wrote:
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    Tboz51 wrote:

I think it is very fair to be paid more in his position... Playing other instruments is extremely difficult.. But keeping your voice solvent is a work of art.

Some would say in 2000-2006 EV never sounded better. I can see that side.

If he doesn't quit smoking he will eventually lose it all. This isn't opinion, but fact.

I love what he does with Arc in solo shows and it was the best part of St. Louis last year.

Him getting 30+% is very fair to me... Most in these threads would agree he should try to get 100% because we should celebrate every artist monopolizing every dollar available. :lol:
    Actually, some people never suffer the side effect of dramatically losing vocals from smoking. He's bit deeper and rougher than he was 10 and 20 years ago, but some of that is age, and the rest isn't bad - he could hold out very well indefinitely. Or not! And that's more likely. But it's not an absolute given. I do wish he'd quit smoking just to cut down the chances!
    Yeah, 30% seems fair to me if that's true.