Options

Berlin(Checkpoint Eddie) - Berlin - 23.09.06

Comments

• Options
    CaterinaA wrote:
    Hi, thanks a lot!!!!

anything to help a fellow latinamerican jammer.
    I feel very close to you all now; so close I could almost... loan you money. Really. it goes that deep.
    -Tom Waits-

Everybody should believe in something...I believe i'll have another drink - anonymous -

Ah that's just drunk talk, sweet beautiful drunk talk.
    -Barney Gumble-
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    I Scot ID wrote:
    Expect the token Braveheart lines to be flowing!
    Don't need lines - just action - let's see hundreds of scotsmen lifting their kilts! (God, I would have loved to be the enemy in those days and face them in battle - only long enough to see that, then run)
  • Options
    I Scot IDI Scot ID Posts: 275
    redrock wrote:
    Don't need lines - just action - let's see hundreds of scotsmen lifting their kilts! (God, I would have loved to be the enemy in those days and face them in battle - only long enough to see that, then run)

Well it might just be two of us....lifting them thousands of times! Does that make up haha?

We actually preferred when the enemy ran after that bit too coz we're really just teddy bears at heart and cat fight lol.

"Well, wi didnae get dressed up fur nothin"
  • Options
    I Scot ID wrote:
    Well it might just be two of us....lifting them thousands of times! Does that make up haha?

We actually preferred when the enemy ran after that bit too coz we're really just teddy bears at heart and cat fight lol.

"Well, wi didnae get dressed up fur nothin"

Could try..... your arms would hurt - unless you have plenty of practice (secret fantasy.... Ed in a kilt (and me 20 years yonger! Won't go further) - maybe he could join you!

Scots invented psychological warfare!
  • Options
    Why is it *goes deep into her thoughts and 'preferences'* ....mmmmm

You make it sound like its in the menu bar of your computer....

Hmmm... today I think i'll turn on the dominatrix button, and the pvc button.....
  • Options
    You make it sound like its in the menu bar of your computer....

Hmmm... today I think i'll turn on the dominatrix button, and the pvc button.....
    Kilts will do.... *splashes cold water on her face*. OK, that's better, back to normal.
  • Options
    mancoremancore Posts: 56
    I Scot ID wrote:
    Expect the token Braveheart lines to be flowing!

as long is im not the snotty englishman who gets an ass whooping :)
  • Options
    mancore wrote:
    as long is im not the snotty englishman who gets an ass whooping :)

Haha, no ass whoopings are gonna happen. Metaphorically speaking Pearl jam are gonna kick our asses!

There was actually a mini debate on Ed in a Kilt on another thread spurred by our antics. Someone wants us to try and get him in a kilt towards the end of the tour.

i think:

a) it would be a great excuse to meet them
    b) it's close to impossible i reckon

Ed in a kilt would be awesome though

"Real men wear skirts"
  • Options
    CaterinaACaterinaA Posts: 572
    anything to help a fellow latinamerican jammer.

Pero, por supuesto!! Para eso estamos. Si logro comprar las entradas, nos reconocerás por la bandera argentina!!!

Saludos desde BA!
    Caterina
  • Options
    Bump goes the weasel (that might be pop)

Where are the germans? Get them off the German sites!
  • Options
    K.T.K.T. Posts: 35
    Now THAT would be something................hmmmmmmmm......maybe if our scottsmen continue flashing at all concerts, we might be able to get Ed to join the arse bearing club..................
  • Options
    Yeah, we're gonna do the flashing thing every gig, maybe we could start a thread, get a banner made, some chants......

Get eddie in a kilt!!!!!!

That would be awesome and really funny. I don't think Ed's really into that sort of thing though...if it were to do with current politics then maybe haha.

Let's try it anyway!!!!!
  • Options
    jeaubongjeaubong Posts: 132
    how are you guys going to berlin from prague?

do we have a lisbon thread out here?
    "\O/"
    ` | '
    _/ \_
  • Options
    cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    jeaubong wrote:
    how are you guys going to berlin from prague?

Good question, I'd also like to know how ppl are getting there :D
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    It seems that even the Danes have managed an astoria review mentioning our kilted antics hahaha:

http://gaffa.dk/anmeldelser/view.php/mreview_id=31333

Let's see how many languages we can get mentioned in!!!
  • Options
    holo92holo92 Posts: 182
    Hello from Germany,
    I drive to the Berlin show and stay in the thang long hotel in Berlin, which is located 2 kilometers away from wuhlheide ("www.thanglong-hotel.de").
    It is cheaper (69 euros doubbleroom, breakfast included) than the "Aparthotel an der Spee" (85 euros without breakfast, 105 euros breakfast included for two persons)!
    And you do not have to walk the 2 kilometers, if you do not want to:
    directy in front of thang long hotel there is a tramway station, line 27 takes you to wuhlheide without having to change the line. this transportation is included in the wuhlheide ticket, so it is for free!!!

Maybe I see someone from you at the hotel, it is not very big- they have 22 doubblerooms, so you should reservate not too late.
    I reservated at "www.berlin.de", there you do not have to pay until you arrive at the hotel, and you can cancel your reservation till the day of arrival!!!
    06/15/92, 08/14/95, 11/03/96, 09/11/98, 06/11/00, 06/23/00, 06/25/00, 06/18/03, 06/21/03, 09/28/04,
    09/02/05, 09/04/05, 09/05/05, 09/16/06, 09/17/06, 09/19/06, 09/22/06, 09/23/06, 06/12/07, 06/18/07,
    06/21/07, 06/23/07, 06/24/08, 06/25/08, 08/15/09, 08/18/09, 06/30/10, 09/03/11, 09/04/11, 07/02/12,
    07/04/12, 07/07/12, 06/16/14, 06/17/14, 06/26/14, 08/05/16, 08/07/16, 07/01/18, 07/03/18, 07/05/18,
    09/02/18, 09/04/18, 06/21/22, 06/28/22, 07/14/22
  • Options
    Wow, good information there!!

We are lucky enough to have accomodation with a friend but i'm sure that will be useful to some people.
  • Options
    DarthLeiaDarthLeia Posts: 33
    My boyfriend and I are going to the gig in Berlin. We have been looking into cheap hostels today, and we found that there are several places where you can get a private two-bed room for around 50 Euros. So we might even be able to afford to stay for a couple of days and see a little bit of the city. We have never been there before, so it will be quite an experience. We haven't seen Pearl Jam since the not so nice concert at Roskilde in 2000, so we're really looking forward to this! :)
  • Options
    duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    if anyones interested i found a good hotel with some good rates (£75 for 2 nights for a single, around £100 for 2 nights for a twin)

its VERY close the wuhlheide

check oot this map pointing to the wuhlheide and the hotel is to the right (on the left of the word kopenick)

http://www.wuhlheide.de/pdf/anfahrt_wuhlheide.pdf

Best Western Hotel am Schloss Kopenick
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • Options
    TengilTengil Posts: 4
    is this show sold out yet? just curious..
  • Options
    ScotInAmsterdamScotInAmsterdam Posts: 1,004
    I've no idea... I know a few more people that got more tickets no problem.. so it didn't seem to sell out to quick...

Where were the tickets on sale?
  • Options
    shahrilshahril Posts: 288
    hey everyone...
    ill be going with yieldjames..

will keep checking this thread as the date nears
    I've seen so many people try and copy Eddie Vedder's voice. It's as if if you don't sound like him you're not a man. - Emmett Roslan

http://theshahril.blogspot.com

London 20/04/2006
  • Options
    duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    haha you guys seen this one?

i hadnt read it before

http://enjoyment.independent.co.uk/music/reviews/article360063.ece

nice kilt mention
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • Options
    duggro wrote:
    haha you guys seen this one?

i hadnt read it before

http://enjoyment.independent.co.uk/music/reviews/article360063.ece

nice kilt mention

Haha, yeah we saw it.

Or if you prefer Danish:

http://gaffa.dk/anmeldelser/view.php/mreview_id=31333

This one refers to the P and J on our asees!!!
  • Options
    This will be the last date of the European tour that I Scot ID and I will be attending... so expect some extra special kilted antics....
  • Options
    We just might have something up our sleeves ;)
  • Options
    I Scot ID wrote:
    We just might have something up our sleeves ;)
    Up your sleeves??
  • Options
    sammersammer Posts: 71
    hi, im going to the shows in antwerp, paris and berlin
    but, policemen won't let me drive, so if anyone from belgium will atend these shows abroad, or if you're passing through could you pm me.
    can't wait until the summer.
    2006: antwerp, paris, berlin

2007: nijmegene werchter

2009: rotterdam

2010: nijmegen, berlin, arras, werchter
  • Options
    sammer wrote:
    policemen won't let me drive,

Can you give us more specifics.... have they formed an armed baricade around your car???