Options

Berlin(Checkpoint Eddie) - Berlin - 23.09.06

Comments

• Options
    mancoremancore Posts: 56
    so does anyone know the usual door times for gigs in germany? i heard its a little earlier than over here?
  • Options
    Final BowFinal Bow flying Posts: 486
    mancore wrote:
    so does anyone know the usual door times for gigs in germany? i heard its a little earlier than over here?
    Usually they open at 6 pm (concert 8pm) or 7pm (concert 9pm). The door times for the berlin concert is 5 pm. I assume that the opener will start at 7pm and PJ at 8pm. See you there...

by the way, germany will win the world cup ;-)
    Jun 05, 1992; Nov 04, 1996; Jun 09, 2000; Jun 26, 2000; Aug 29 2006, Sep 16, 2006; Sep 23, 2006; Sep 25, 2006; Sep 30, 2006; Jun 12, 2007; Jun 13, 2007; Jun 18, 2007; Jun 21, 2007; Jun 26, 2007; Jun 28, 2007; Jun 17, 2008; Jun 19, 2008; Jun 20; 2008; Jun 22, 2008; Jun 24, 2008; Jun 25, 2008; Aug 13, 2009; Aug 15; 2009; Aug 18, 2009; Oct 06, 2009; Oct 07, 2009; Oct 09, 2009; Jun 22; 2010; Jun 23, 2010; Jun 25, 2010; Jun 30, 2010; Sept 03, 2011; Sept 04, 2011; Sept 07, 2011; Sept 14, 2011; Sept 15, 2011; Jun 20 2012; Jun 21 2012; Jun 26 2012; Jun 27 2012; Jul 02 2012; Jul 04 2012; Jul 05 2012; Jul 07 2012; Jul 09 2012; Jul 10 2012; Oct 15 2013; Oct 16 2013; Oct 18 2013; Oct 19 2013; Oct 21 2013; Oct 22 2013; Jun 16 2014; Jun 17 2014; Jun 20 2014; Jun 22 2014; Jun 25 2014; Jun 26 2014; Jul 11 2014; Nov 14 2015; Nov 17 2015; Nov 20 2015; Nov 22 2015; Apr 16 2016; Apr 18 2016; Apr 20 2016; Apr 21 2016
  • Options
    ScotInAmsterdamScotInAmsterdam Posts: 1,004
    Final Bow wrote:

I think scotland will...
  • Options
    mancoremancore Posts: 56
    Final Bow wrote:
    Usually they open at 6 pm (concert 8pm) or 7pm (concert 9pm). The door times for the berlin concert is 5 pm. I assume that the opener will start at 7pm and PJ at 8pm. See you there...

I dont fancy our chances without rooney, but you never know, still exciting though!
  • Options
    PetstranPetstran Posts: 5
    hehe, had my berlin ticket scanned today...so for the unlucky ones who aren't going, this is what it looks like:

http://img14.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc120&image=04196_PJ_Berlin.jpg

see you there!
  • Options
    Thank you|!!!!!!!!

That is one of the most beautiful tickets I've ever seen... in that it is specifically design... it's Pearl Jam....and I'm going
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Avocado ticket! D'm not going to Berlin but do you think the 10C tickets will be the same artwork?
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Avocado ticket! D'm not going to Berlin but do you think the 10C tickets will be the same artwork?

Thats what Iw as thinking... it's possible there won;t be a ticket... just a wristband
  • Options
    Thats what Iw as thinking... it's possible there won;t be a ticket... just a wristband
    You're probably right - blue wristband with a teeny avocado then!
  • Options
    I Scot IDI Scot ID Posts: 275
    Phil Collins is a god!

Well it was either that or "bump". Sorry
  • Options
    ChaddlieChaddlie Posts: 1
    Am I going the furthest to get to this show? I'm from Seattle, and it just so happens that I'm going to study abroad in Berlin, and class starts a few days later. When I heard the date when PJ was going to be in Berlin I freaked out that I got so lucky. Though I didn't get to purchase a pair of tickets through TenClub I did get lucky and a guy from Scotland, Duggro here on the boards, had an extra ticket and he is going to sell it to me. Not only that, but I get to see PJ here at the Gorge this summer, both shows, and I just feel very lucky that I get to see them on another continent. See everybody over there in the fall!
  • Options
    TerryibleTerryible Posts: 462
    Im coming from New Zealand to see 4 shows, i cant wait, its been over 8 years since I last see the boys in concert
    26/02/1998 Wellington, 09/09/2006 Marseille, 16/09/2006 Verona
    23/09/2006 Berlin, 30/09/2006 Athens, 18/07/2007 London
    02/07/2009 Honolulu (EV Solo), 22/11/2009, Sydney, 29/11/2009 Christchurch
  • Options
    toastertoaster Posts: 152
    Petstran wrote:
    hehe, had my berlin ticket scanned today...so for the unlucky ones who aren't going, this is what it looks like:

http://img14.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc120&image=04196_PJ_Berlin.jpg

see you there!

Oi.
    Did you order via internet?
    Cos my ticket looks nothing like that, so I'm kinda wondering if there was some sort of attachment to one of the mails I didn't get.. Hmm.. My ticket is just white and says Pearl Jam with a code in the right downer corner..
    Did I miss something?

I didn't get 10c tickets since we didn't decide to go until the 28th, and.. well.. my german is absolutly horrible to be honest..
  • Options
    Oh, and holo92: thanks a bunch!

I've been looking around for hotels for a while, but haven't found anything close to the venue (yes, i am indeed a sucker at internet and searching :rolleyes: ) so this was mighty helpfull! I'll have to check out the two options, and see if they have a room available.

Holy shit, I'm going to Berlin to see Pearl Jam!! :D
    See y'all there!

This is going to be the best summer/fall ever.
  • Options
    toaster wrote:
    Oi.
    Cos my ticket looks nothing like that, so I'm kinda wondering if there was some sort of attachment to one of the mails I didn't get.. Hmm.. My ticket is just white and says Pearl Jam with a code in the right downer corner..
    Did I miss something?

I didn't get 10c tickets since we didn't decide to go until the 28th, and.. well.. my german is absolutly horrible to be honest..

Well, I'm not really sure about the tickets, since I got 10c Tix :D. But to me it sounds like you bought an online ticket you can exchange for a real one the day of the show...
  • Options
    Well, I'm not really sure about the tickets, since I got 10c Tix :D. But to me it sounds like you bought an online ticket you can exchange for a real one the day of the show...

Pfft, show off! :p

Hmm, it says "online ticket" on the one I got, so maybe you're right and I'm just supposed to trade it at the venue.. Anyway, I got a ticket..
    The avocado one just looks so much fancier! :D
  • Options
    toaster wrote:
    Pfft, show off! :p

Hmm, it says "online ticket" on the one I got, so maybe you're right and I'm just supposed to trade it at the venue.. Anyway, I got a ticket..
    The avocado one just looks so much fancier! :D

What am I supposed to say? I don't even have a ticket in hand!! ;)

Sorry, couldn't help it. I'm just so happy to have the confirmation email in my mailbox! Though I'm still hoping to get a real ticket when I pick up my wristband... :D

Plus, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you also get an avocado one! There, that's nice, isn't it?
  • Options
    What am I supposed to say? I don't even have a ticket in hand!! ;)

Sorry, couldn't help it. I'm just so happy to have the confirmation email in my mailbox! Though I'm still hoping to get a real ticket when I pick up my wristband... :D

Plus, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you also get an avocado one! There, that's nice, isn't it?

Haha, yeah understand the feeling.. Good for you!:D

lol! Yep, I sure hope they hand out avocado tickets for everyone!
    Heh, who ever said Pearl Jam fans were crazy collecters of every item connected with the band? :p
  • Options
    pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578
    Chaddlie wrote:
    Am I going the furthest to get to this show? I'm from Seattle, and it just so happens that I'm going to study abroad in Berlin, and class starts a few days later. When I heard the date when PJ was going to be in Berlin I freaked out that I got so lucky. Though I didn't get to purchase a pair of tickets through TenClub I did get lucky and a guy from Scotland, Duggro here on the boards, had an extra ticket and he is going to sell it to me. Not only that, but I get to see PJ here at the Gorge this summer, both shows, and I just feel very lucky that I get to see them on another continent. See everybody over there in the fall!

Hey! Where do you go to school in Seattle? UW? I spent four years of my life at Seattle U. You're so lucky you get to study abroad in Berlin! It's my favorite city in the world. I spent a quarter studying in Frankfurt (Oder) and it's about an hour east of Berlin. I fell in love with Berlin the moment I stepped off the train at Alexanderplatz.

Isn't the Gorge amazing? I saw PJ play there last September. Took a road trip from Northern California, went horseback riding in Leavenworth, saw PJ and then went to Seattle for a few days. Doesn't get any better than that!

See you at the show!
  • Options
    I Scot IDI Scot ID Posts: 275
    Duggro, another Scottish legend. He's posted the Jools Holland show online, great quality. You'll be able to find the thread easily enough.
  • Options
    duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    woop, thats me
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • Options
    PetstranPetstran Posts: 5
    toaster wrote:
    Oi.
    Did I miss something?

yeah, I got it through the net...but it sounds like you got your from tickets.de, which I didn't. I'm sure you're all set with just that bar code, that's what it says on their site, they don't send tickets...just that code...so be sure not to show it to anyone!

but why stay so close to the venue? we'll be staying in central berlin, much more fun! you get to ride for free on the s-bahn out to the venue and back if you show the ticket...so there's no loss there

ja ja, ha det bra så ses vi i berlin, vi kommer att ha med oss en eller två svenska flaggor :)
  • Options
    BunuelBunuel Posts: 35
    Remember all the whining when they announced the tour, that there's only one show in Germany? Tickets been available for couple of weeks and they still haven't sold out. Maybe Deutschland doesn't love PJ after all..
    26/6/07 Copenhagen, 23/9/06 Berlin - 45 different songs
  • Options
    Bunuel wrote:
    Remember all the whining when they announced the tour, that there's only one show in Germany? Tickets been available for couple of weeks and they still haven't sold out. Maybe Deutschland doesn't love PJ after all..

Yeah a lot of the shows have still got tickets available for seats that are miles away from the stage... looks like the whiners... weren't that bothered about going...
  • Options
    I guess that given the choice of crap seats or not seeing PJ at all, I'd go for crap seats. At least you're there!
  • Options
    WHat it says to me is that they planned the tour pretty well.. If you really really really want to see them but didn;t want to see theme nough to take the several oppurtunities to get a decent ticket you still can...
  • Options
    Petstran wrote:
    yeah, I got it through the net...but it sounds like you got your from tickets.de, which I didn't. I'm sure you're all set with just that bar code, that's what it says on their site, they don't send tickets...just that code...so be sure not to show it to anyone!

but why stay so close to the venue? we'll be staying in central berlin, much more fun! you get to ride for free on the s-bahn out to the venue and back if you show the ticket...so there's no loss there

ja ja, ha det bra så ses vi i berlin, vi kommer att ha med oss en eller två svenska flaggor :)

Okay.. i usually pick up my tickets at the post-office so I'm not really into the online-ticket thingy. But thanks :)

And why we are staying so close to the venue? Neither me or my friend have any sense of direction at all, so we'd probably end up not finding our hotel anywhere at all :p
    nah, I don't really know why we're staying so close.. Thought that would be the smartest thing, but we might have to re-consider that, the subway system seems pretty easy so it shouldn't be too hard to figure our way back and forth from the city. Hmm.. Booking rooms tomorrow, so we'll see then..

hejdå! så skal jeg se etter svenske flagg et sted på konserten!
    jätteträvligt (?) :D
  • Options
    BunuelBunuel Posts: 35
    Yeah a lot of the shows have still got tickets available for seats that are miles away from the stage... looks like the whiners... weren't that bothered about going...

Yep and at the Berlin gig there's not even seats, all tickets are general admission.
    26/6/07 Copenhagen, 23/9/06 Berlin - 45 different songs
  • Options
    OutOfBreathOutOfBreath Posts: 1,804
    I'm going as well :)
    I bought my tickets 1 hour ago for me, my girlfriend (who recognized the importance it held for me, bless her soul) and a friend of mine with girfriend. I am pretty jazzed about it right now. Havent booked flight or rooms yet, as it is a long time yet, and Berlin is a huge city. Berlin I suppose is like all other major European cities with an extensive public transport system, so the question isn't how close you are to the venue, but how close you are to the nearest tram, bus or metro.

Hope the online tickets get traded in what was shown earlier, coz the ones I have are really boring looking. :p

It's probably still possible to buy tickets to this show. By the looks of it, it's a huge outdoor arena, so I guess that even after all die-hard fans have gotten their tickets, there'll be some left for the more casual people later on. It IS 4 months until the show after all :)

And Caterina, are you coming for this one? Cool. :D

Peace
    Dan
    "YOU [humans] NEED TO BELIEVE IN THINGS THAT AREN'T TRUE. HOW ELSE CAN THEY BECOME?" - Death

"Every judgment teeters on the brink of error. To claim absolute knowledge is to become monstrous. Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty." - Frank Herbert, Dune, 1965
  • Options
    CaterinaACaterinaA Posts: 572
    I'm going as well :)
    I bought my tickets 1 hour ago for me, my girlfriend (who recognized the importance it held for me, bless her soul) and a friend of mine with girfriend. I am pretty jazzed about it right now. Havent booked flight or rooms yet, as it is a long time yet, and Berlin is a huge city. Berlin I suppose is like all other major European cities with an extensive public transport system, so the question isn't how close you are to the venue, but how close you are to the nearest tram, bus or metro.

Hope the online tickets get traded in what was shown earlier, coz the ones I have are really boring looking. :p

It's probably still possible to buy tickets to this show. By the looks of it, it's a huge outdoor arena, so I guess that even after all die-hard fans have gotten their tickets, there'll be some left for the more casual people later on. It IS 4 months until the show after all :)

And Caterina, are you coming for this one? Cool. :D

Peace
    Dan

Hi Dan!

Long time no see... hows' your thesis going? Hope everything's fine.

Yes, I have tickets for Berling and Prague. I'll be going with my husband, this will be our much delayed honeymoon :). It will be hectic leaving Prague in a hurry, but I'm sooo excited.

Nothing beats traveling to Europe and seing Pearl Jam!! It will me 1st time in Berlin and Prague, yeah!

My Berlin tickets are actually two .pdf files with a code bar, nothing else. Got them at tickets.de

Ohh some general information: these hostels seem pretty cool and well located (Berlin Mitte), for doing some sightseeing and catching the show:

http://www.citystay.de/
    http://www.circus-berlin.de/

For those who intend to book private rooms I'll suggest to hurry 'cause, to my suprise, september is already in high demand.

Dan hope to see ya' in Berlin.
    Greetings from Buenos Aires
    Caterina