Options

Jury's Inn Custom House Line-Up

Comments

• Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Irish Al wrote:

*I am not really EDVED and my name is Al*

Really? And here I was thinking we'd hit the jackpot - was getting chocolate ready (but that's for another thread!) :D:D:D
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    redrock wrote:
    Really? And here I was thinking we'd hit the jackpot - was getting chocolate ready (but that's for another thread!) :D:D:D

Oh young lady you are a naughty one......maybe I'm just trying to throw you all off the scent now ;)

I'm gonna go into the pub on the night of the dublin gig with an Bush mask and get all the ladies :D:D:D
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    burtschipsburtschips Posts: 734
    Heart wrote:
    Hello everyone!
    My boyfriend and I will be going to the gig in Dublin! Yay! I'm so excited I think I might pee!
    We wont be staying at Jurys , we have a hotel booked on O'Connel Street, but would love to meet up with some fellow PJ fans! So do we just seach the surrounding pubs, or is there a certain pub you will all be in?

Can't wait, can't wait!!!!!

there will be a massive meet up just keep eyes peeled for details..... see you there.
    Salut baloo
  • Options
    duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    burtschips wrote:
    there will be a massive meet up just keep eyes peeled for details..... see you there.
    hell fookin yeah

irish al, you stayin at jury's?
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • Options
    TruthmongerTruthmonger Posts: 559
    Irish Al wrote:
    Emmmm my name is............Eddie Vedder (I had to come out to all :D:D:D)

I'm happy you all love my music ;)

*I am not really EDVED and my name is Al*

Hey Ed (we all know its you), how come you can never remember the fucking words to Breath ?!
  • Options
    wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    duggro wrote:

consuela? ermintrude? tulula?

Er...on seconds thoughts I think i'll stick with my own! :D
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • Options
    wash_ wrote:
    Er...on seconds thoughts I think i'll stick with my own! :D
    fair enough, theres nowt wrong with yours anyways

i quite fancy being something exotic.

"hello...i am domingo"
  • Options
    IrishJamIrishJam Posts: 307
    are we all going to go on rip in bar in jurys or does anyone know better place.
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam
  • Options
    IrishJam wrote:
    are we all going to go on rip in bar in jurys or does anyone know better place.
    hotel bar will be hit

it'll be hit hard
  • Options
    belfast1belfast1 Posts: 780
    duggro wrote:
    hotel bar will be hit

it'll be hit hard

too feckin rite
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
  • Options
    what are pub opening hours in ireland? i'm guessing you'll probs be like us in scotland with pubs open til 1am, clubs til 3am (or hopefully better)
  • Options
    wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    duggro wrote:
    what are pub opening hours in ireland? i'm guessing you'll probs be like us in scotland with pubs open til 1am, clubs til 3am (or hopefully better)

What? Where's the 24 hour thing gone?
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • Options
    wash_ wrote:
    What? Where's the 24 hour thing gone?
    theres 24 hour drinkin?? where??

here? not in scotland. i think some places have a licence for it but nowhere i know of

the best time is edinburgh festival when pubs are til 3am and clubs til 5am

epic
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    duggro wrote:

Well in the city centre most of them are 2 - 2.30 I think, lol I don't even really know. But there are some clubs open til 4 or 5 if you get in early enough.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    Housing JimHousing Jim Posts: 644
    duggro wrote:
    theres 24 hour drinkin?? where??

here? not in scotland. i think some places have a licence for it but nowhere i know of

the best time is edinburgh festival when pubs are til 3am and clubs til 5am

epic

damn right.....it was one of the best months of my life when I worked at the festival in 1998. Do an hours work a day and then get get trashed and roll in at 4 in the morning. Then get up and do the same thing the next day. I met so many amazing people in that month and the whole thing just has this brilliant atmosphere.

...on a side note, I can't hear anything this morning....Dinosaur Jr are one loud band!
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    New York City - 24/6/2008
    New York City - 25/6/2008 - we will be "what is up" New York
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • Options
    damn right.....it was one of the best months of my life when I worked at the festival in 1998. Do an hours work a day and then get get trashed and roll in at 4 in the morning. Then get up and do the same thing the next day. I met so many amazing people in that month and the whole thing just has this brilliant atmosphere.

...on a side note, I can't hear anything this morning....Dinosaur Jr are one loud band!
    yeah man, the atmosphere at that whole festival is unreal

shame about edinburgh prices!

my mate saw them a few months ago in glasgow, and said they were bloody loud, and bloody amazing!
  • Options
    duggro wrote:

my mate saw them a few months ago in glasgow, and said they were bloody loud, and bloody amazing!

Yeah, they were excellent....though the guitar was so loud that at times it drowned out the vocal completely. and J Mascis looks likes Vicky Pollard from Little Britain now but they were still fantastic.

They finished with a version of The Cure's Just Like Heaven which was very cool
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • Options
    to be honest, i dont know them at all!

i should really listen to them though, cos my mate generally has good taste (considering he got me into soundgarden and pearl jam)
  • Options
    belfast1belfast1 Posts: 780
    Speakin of loud bands in glasgow - we saw killing joke last year at the secc - my eardrums are still sore!
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
  • Options
    what time are most people arriving at hotel.
    duggro i know you are in early morning and we will all have a bit of catching up to do
  • Options
    IrishJam wrote:
    what time are most people arriving at hotel.
    duggro i know you are in early morning and we will all have a bit of catching up to do
    haha yeah, and i've got 24 hours catching up to do on my mates who are there a day before me.

im gonna go it slow though, cos it'd be crap to be get over excited and drink too much and forget the night

sticking to magners
  • Options
    duggro wrote:
    haha yeah, and i've got 24 hours catching up to do on my mates who are there a day before me.

im gonna go it slow though, cos it'd be crap to be get over excited and drink too much and forget the night

sticking to magners

i'll be up about 2ish and going on an mighty bender..
    btw the magners is bulmers over here....oh yeah !!!pint glass full of ice
  • Options
    IrishJam wrote:
    i'll be up about 2ish and going on an mighty bender..
    btw the magners is bulmers over here....oh yeah !!!pint glass full of ice
    yeah my mate was saying it was called something else, couldnt remember the name though!

he said it was on tap too, is that true?
  • Options
    Who's going to be there first?!!

Gen and I arrive late Monday afternoon. Anyone else arriving so early?

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    duggro wrote:
    yeah my mate was saying it was called something else, couldnt remember the name though!

he said it was on tap too, is that true?

Lol, yes that's true. And there are pint bottles - dunno if you have them there - so you can get a 'pint' and a glass full of ice - how brilliant is that?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    JaymacJaymac Posts: 513
    Yeah we get it branded as Magners up north of the border.. Pint glass of ice and a pint bottle is the only way to drink it :) Better than on tap in my humble opinion - and there are only a handful of places that have it on tap in my area anyway.

Anyone ever had English Bulmers? Fucking disgusting :D
    23/08/2006 - Dublin; 29/08/2006 - Arnhem; 30/08/2006 - Antwerp; 18/06/2007 - London; 18/08/2009 - London<br>

Proud member of the European Touring Bus 2006!
  • Options
    Jaymac wrote:
    Yeah we get it branded as Magners up north of the border.. Pint glass of ice and a pint bottle is the only way to drink it :)

So what is this stuff? Cider? Beer? A pint glass of ice?? I'm gonna have to try this when I get to Dublin :D
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    So what is this stuff? Cider? Beer? A pint glass of ice?? I'm gonna have to try this when I get to Dublin :D

Cider
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Is it nice? It could be hot in August - I will need to refresh myself and, as I say, when in Rome..... (same applies to Dublin :D)!
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Is it nice? It could be hot in August - I will need to refresh myself and, as I say, when in Rome..... (same applies to Dublin :D)!

To be honest I haven't been able to drink cider since I was 15 (bad experience - haven't we all) but am thinking of trying it this summer but I don't know will it overtake guiness :)
    I need a coffee!