Options

Jury's Inn Custom House Line-Up

duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
edited August 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
AMENt to that
Answers_in_Playdoh
audiodave (Dave)
BeAStar (Amy)
belfast1 (Dylan)
binaural
bres1888
burtschips (Rob)
danmac (Dan)
duggro (Doug)
gaz
gen
haecceity (Caishnah)
housing jim (Jim)
irishjam (Conor)
morningstar
pdh1978
pjkitten (Christine)
siochan
spaceboy
wash (Emma)

most people have friends/partners/family coming too, so quite a few people on board so far!

post here if you're coming
Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    GeorgieGeorgie Posts: 22
    LOL, I'm on the list but I'm not sure I'm going to be staying there. I still need to persuade my mum... :)
  • Options
    audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    I'm on another list?

Awesome.

:D
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • Options
    Glorified wrote:
    LOL, I'm on the list but I'm not sure I'm going to be staying there. I still need to persuade my mum... :)
    right man, you are a bracket member of the list. just as cool as everyone else, but not a definite
  • Options
    siochansiochan Posts: 304
    I am staying at the custom house prior to and after the show thought we'd make a few days of it ........

Look forward to sharing the pearl jam experience - the custom house always ends up full to capacity with tired souls returning from the gig ready to party and recollect the memories of the experience

I want to add that the room we've booked sleeps four and myself and b/f are staying so if anyone is real stuck i'm sure we can fit in at least another two or possibly three depending.
    " You cannot throw a rope around the neck of an idea" .....Bobby Sands.
  • Options
    Is this hotel near the Point?
    Becoming a Star will become your Doom.
  • Options
    burtschipsburtschips Posts: 734
    yes very close, so close you have to be careful not to take an eye out.
    Salut baloo
  • Options
    Hmm i just checked prices and its £116 per room. Way too much considering you can get a room for £50 in O'Connell St.
    Becoming a Star will become your Doom.
  • Options
    burtschipsburtschips Posts: 734
    Hmm i just checked prices and its £116 per room. Way too much considering you can get a room for £50 in O'Connell St.

yeah that's pricey, has gone up since yesterday... ours were about 70-80 for a triple/double.
    Salut baloo
  • Options
    hmmmm thats a bit harsh. unusual to raise prices like that so quickly

maybe they got wind of the jammers en route
  • Options
    danmacdanmac Posts: 387
    Cheeky bastards eh. Ours was 93 euros for a double.
    Gp for cheapest you can in town then. try this one, i was gonan book in here before finsing the Jurys Custom house.

http://www.hardinghotel.ie/
    A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects
    are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider
    god-fearing and pious: Aristotle

Viva Zapatista!
  • Options
    gazgaz Posts: 233
    duggro wrote:
    AMENt to that
    audiodave
    binaural
    burtschips
    danmac
    duggro
    (glorified)
    housing jim
    irishjam
    pdh1978
    siochan
    spaceboy
    wash

most people have friends/partners/family coming too, so quite a few people on board so far!

post here if you're coming

Yup,checking in the afternoon of August 23,not sure what I'm doing that night though!
    23/8/06.
    18/6/07.
    22/6/10.
    23/6/10.
    20/6/12
    21/6/12
  • Options
    gaz wrote:
    Yup,checking in the afternoon of August 23,not sure what I'm doing that night though!
    i hear some random bands playing. might be worth lookin in on if theres nowt better to do

consider yourself added to the list
  • Options
    GeorgieGeorgie Posts: 22
    Just booked in for two nights. Arriving on the 22nd then leaving on the 24th.
  • Options
    Hi! I'm new to this board so just thought I'd say hello! Got my ticket no problem Saturday (it helps to have an account with Ticketmaster!) and am so excited!!!!! I love Pearl Jam and can't believe I am actually finally going to see them live!!!! Actually heading to the gig alone (yes I am that dedicated!) but they are totally worth it! Currently on the look out for cheap accomodation! Jurys way too expensive + I think you lot have pretty much booked the whole hotel out by the looks of things!!
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me"

"I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine"

"Makes much more sense, to live in the present tense"

23/8/2006: Dublin. Words fail me.
    18/6/2007: London. Words fail me twice. Even better than Dublin. Roll on next time.....
  • Options
    Glorified wrote:
    Just booked in for two nights. Arriving on the 22nd then leaving on the 24th.
    good man

your brackets have been removed.
  • Options
    Hi! I'm new to this board so just thought I'd say hello! Got my ticket no problem Saturday (it helps to have an account with Ticketmaster!) and am so excited!!!!! I love Pearl Jam and can't believe I am actually finally going to see them live!!!! Actually heading to the gig alone (yes I am that dedicated!) but they are totally worth it! Currently on the look out for cheap accomodation! Jurys way too expensive + I think you lot have pretty much booked the whole hotel out by the looks of things!!
    yo yo yo welcome to you!

och even if you are somewhere else, everyones gonna be meeting up for many drinks before and after. i've got mates staying at another hotel, tis no big deal

see you there
  • Options
    GenGen Cardiff Posts: 130
    Since I have been living with Housing Jim for over a year ;-), I too, can be added to that list.

We'll be arriving on the Monday and going home on the Thursday :)
    PJ Virgin.. till the Astoria :)

Am I the only Welsh person here?
    Ydych i'n siarad Cymraeg?
  • Options
    Gen wrote:
    Since I have been living with Housing Jim for over a year ;-), I too, can be added to that list.

We'll be arriving on the Monday and going home on the Thursday :)
    man most people seem to be havin longer trips! im regretting just comin over on the day....

oh well, i should shut up, cos theres nothing i can regret about that day in dublin!! :):)
  • Options
    duggro wrote:
    yo yo yo welcome to you!

och even if you are somewhere else, everyones gonna be meeting up for many drinks before and after. i've got mates staying at another hotel, tis no big deal

see you there

Hey, thanx! May have to hold you to that if I end up all alone! I know Dublin pretty well so know I won't get lost! Just dunno if I fancy being a sad loner at the gig! My mates are actually the sad ones - they just don't appreciate the genius of PJ! What's the ratio standing to sitting? I'm standing and will most likely be as close to the front as I can without being crushed (5 ft 2 small female here!!) Should be ok though, always try to get close up during gigs and haven't fallen or been crushed once (I find if you work your way up the left hand side of the arena it always works for me!!) :-)
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me"

"I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine"

"Makes much more sense, to live in the present tense"

23/8/2006: Dublin. Words fail me.
    18/6/2007: London. Words fail me twice. Even better than Dublin. Roll on next time.....
  • Options
    Hey, thanx! May have to hold you to that if I end up all alone! I know Dublin pretty well so know I won't get lost! Just dunno if I fancy being a sad loner at the gig! My mates are actually the sad ones - they just don't appreciate the genius of PJ! What's the ratio standing to sitting? I'm standing and will most likely be as close to the front as I can without being crushed (5 ft 2 small female here!!) Should be ok though, always try to get close up during gigs and haven't fallen or been crushed once (I find if you work your way up the left hand side of the arena it always works for me!!) :-)

there will definitely be meet ups and swapping of mobile no's etc so dont worry bout being on yer tod

and if you are bored or lost, then you know which hotel will have a bar full of pearl jam fans! :)

most people will be standing i think, but plenty will be seated too i imagine

hopefully my 10c ticket wristband will get me a nice spot at the front.

hell, they will be amazing no matter where you are!

cant fookin wait
  • Options
    any pub we should go to afterwards to chat?
    like "the stag" or something like that
    would love to keep my spirits up and wallow in the after glow
    the leaders of the free world are just little boys throwing stones
    Dublin 06,Paris 06
  • Options

double post...
    damn browser
    the leaders of the free world are just little boys throwing stones
    Dublin 06,Paris 06
  • Options
    belfast1belfast1 Posts: 780
    me and my fine french woman will be staying here too

yeeha!
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
  • Options
    i dont know dublin at all. im relying on the locals to decide where to go!
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    That really is a tough one cos there aren't many pubs that would have that much space - even on a Wednesday night. Maybe the Metropolitan bar on the quays (on the way back to the city centre). I was in there before after something similar and there was loadsa room and it's one of the first pubs you pass. It's kinda got an American feel to it.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    belfast1belfast1 Posts: 780
    yeah the metropolitan is cool

there is the bar in the hotel also which will open late for residents
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
  • Options
    belfast1 wrote:
    yeah the metropolitan is cool

there is the bar in the hotel also which will open late for residents

Well we're not all residents :)

So is the metropolitan a runner then??? I dunno, I've only drank there once but they really need more pubs around that area. What about that area ya know when you come out of the Point and instead of walking up the quays, you cross the river??? If you keep walking for a few minutes there are a few pubs around there. They're not really very handy though.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    pdh1978pdh1978 Posts: 211
    Guys, my flight from Gatwick gets in at about midday on the 23rd. What time do the Ten Club tix become available?

i.e. am I better going to the hotel to check in first, or going to pick up my tix first and then going to the hotel?
    If you all stop hitting refresh for just two minutes, I can buy my tickets...
  • Options
    pdh1978 wrote:
    Guys, my flight from Gatwick gets in at about midday on the 23rd. What time do the Ten Club tix become available?

i.e. am I better going to the hotel to check in first, or going to pick up my tix first and then going to the hotel?
    Well location wise it's more sense to to straight to the hotel and check in (make sure you can check in that early) and then walk to the Point free of all your stuff and you can take it from there. I dunno what time the tickets are available though.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    man, so lookin forward to this, but i think im gonna have to wander around with my stuff for a while til i check in, cos i get there at like 10am....arg!

oh well! :)