Options

Introducing RNDM

Comments

• Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,301
    I'm not too familiar with the history of Jeff's other projects, but what seems to be the consensus on whether or not this awesome band will keep playing for awhile longer?

Second album, some tour dates and new merchandise for sure. I don't know about the rest.
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    LOV2ROCKLOV2ROCK Minneapolis/St.Paul Posts: 822
    RNDM show just announced for Seattle :shock:

http://www.ticketweb.com/t3/sale/SaleEv ... pl=tractor
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,604
    LOV2ROCK wrote:
    RNDM show just announced for Seattle :shock:

http://www.ticketweb.com/t3/sale/SaleEv ... pl=tractor

you missed a page.
    demetrios wrote:
    Tractor Tavern
    RNDM feat. Jeff Ament of Pearl Jam, Joseph Arthur and Richard Stuverud
    featuring TBA

Sunday, May 05, 2013 9:00 PM PDT
    Tractor, Seattle, WA
    21 years and over

https://www.facebook.com/events/3546658 ... /?fref=tck

Price:
    $20.00
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,910
    RMDM will be playing the Bootleg Bar
    Los Angeles, CA

Wednesday May 8
    9:00 PM • Doors: 8:00 PM
    21 and over
    $15 - $18
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    I scored one vinyl last night, cant way to get it in my hands... soon I'll catch up with the other waxes...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    theJawastheJawas Posts: 395
    Even though a slew of acts were announced yesterday for it, I'm selfishly hoping RNDM makes an appearance at Milwaukee's Summerfest this year. Pearl Jam is at Wrigley July 19, so there's no conflict there.
  • Options
    Ernie VedderErnie Vedder Redlands, CA Posts: 2,226
    demetrios wrote:
    RMDM will be playing the Bootleg Bar
    Los Angeles, CA

Wednesday May 8
    9:00 PM • Doors: 8:00 PM
    21 and over
    $15 - $18

I'll be there! ;)
    A54CDC74-AB63-4EC8-9B55-3658DDD136FC-13112-000005CA4B5AFE40_zps094ecfbc.jpg
  • Options
    https://www.facebook.com/RNDMband

RNDM has a beef with Conan O'Brien

RNDM will be musical guests on May 9
    Check your local listings!!

CgEtBPo.png?1
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

CgEtBPo.png?1

I hope they play "What You Can't Control" or "Cherries in the Snow." Great songs!
  • Options
    Mailman just handed this to me

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=206629&p=5008719#p5008719
    demetrios wrote:

CgEtBPo.png?1

My local listing is exactly one week later, I watch Conan on HBO Plus Latin America... last night Adam Sandler was on the show, I had a blast, especially with the news feed, Andy around Hotlanta was hilarious... I saw all the Atlanta shows last week, LMAO...

my god, this album is amazing... I never thought I would like it this much at the first listening, and I only have just started to listen the D side... The theme for the RNDM gong is fantastic...

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,570

My local listing is exactly one week later, I watch Conan on HBO Plus Latin America... last night Adam Sandler was on the show, I had a blast, especially with the news feed, Andy around Hotlanta was hilarious... I saw all the Atlanta shows last week, LMAO...

my god, this album is amazing... I never thought I would like it this much at the first listening, and I only have just started to listen the D side... The theme for the RNDM gong is fantastic...
    Yay for you! I'm surprised you are just getting it now! It's an incredible album. Sounds good, looks good.... I really wish it was on a single disc rather than two; I'm not a fan of having to change the record every 3 songs. But other than that, a phenomenal album. I am bananas for it!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Yay for you! I'm surprised you are just getting it now! It's an incredible album. Sounds good, looks good.... I really wish it was on a single disc rather than two; I'm not a fan of having to change the record every 3 songs. But other than that, a phenomenal album. I am bananas for it!

yap, that record changing after 3 or 4 songs is annoying... and in general, they are probably 12-minute masters, not only RNDM, which by the way, it's been a long while since I last got hooked up with an album at first listening...

• Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,296
    goldrush wrote:
    So... which of the following 4 do you think we'll see next?

- RNDM tour
    - new RNDM record
    - new Fistful Of Mercy record
    - The Ballad Of Boogie Christ

http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=181326&start=30#p4387626
    The Ballad Of Boogie Christ is coming out on June 11th. Joseph has started a Pledge campaign to get some help releasing it http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/josepharthur
    It’s not without much thought that I’ve decided to go ahead and do a Pledge campaign. I’ve had it cued up with the folks over there several times but backed out each time, I think from some kind of knee-jerk pride that didn’t want to ask you for help. But I think with the music business being what it is nowadays, unless you break out big or become a license darling, there are precious few alternatives to fund one’s work. Some say it’s sad that it has come to this but I’m optimistic that new ways of doing things can lead to new forms of creativity and a smaller world community for artists to get to know their fans or for fans to become a more vital part in the process of artists creating their diamonds.

I don’t make music because I want to, I make it because I need to and it has always been that way. My love and passion for it, and even my need for it, has only grown with age. Hermann Hesse said the best art is born of necessity and that’s been my truth and my mantra for as long as I can remember. I consider it a great privilege that I have any forum or audience at all. None of it has been lost on me. Thank you for supporting a pursuit I would continue if I was lost on a desert island with no audience but the moon and some coconuts. Whether you give to my pledge campaign or not, your interest in my work has meant and continues to mean the world to me.

Sincerely,
    Joseph Arthur
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    theJawastheJawas Posts: 395
    Damn; I was hoping this was going to be for the second RNDM record. Would love to pledge the $5,000 for a private concert, if that were at all possible.
  • Options
    I got my tickets for RNDM ON Coco! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

6B264B8D-25B4-4E09-AB10-DB20897D9BC8-19473-00000E5B71C5BCE4.jpg
  • Options
    Feature: Why You Should See RNDM Live

http://www.artistdirect.com/entertainme ... e/10490838

RNDM made one of the most intriguing and irresistible debuts of 2013 with Acts.

A brilliant partnership between Pearl Jam bassist Jeff Ament, singer and songwriter Joseph Arthur, and drummer Richard Stuverud, the album comes to life with soundscapes that are as vibrant as its cinematic lyrics. If you didn't get to catch them last Fall when they toured, the trio is doing three special shows this May, in addition to an appearance on "Conan" May 9.

This is absolutely a must-see show. Grab Acts prior to the gigs though. Spend time with all of it, of course, but pay close attention to the swaggering groove of "Modern Times", the pensive poetry encoded in "Darkness", and the wintry bliss of "Cherries in the Snow". RNDM doesn't sound like any of its members previous projects—or anything else out there for that matter. Shimmering melodies cascade within intricately elegant instrumentation. As expected, there are some unshakable hooks too.

Nodding to a little psychedelia and adding a lot of rock 'n' roll, Acts remains essential listening.

Tour Dates:

Seattle, WA
    Show date: May 5th
    Venue: Tractor Tavern

Los Angeles, CA
    Show date: May 8th
    Venue: Bootleg Theatre

Napa, CA
    Show date: May 11th
    Venue: Bottlerock Festival

—Rick Florino

Have you heard RNDM yet?

:)
  • Options
    RNDM has a beef with World Cafe Live

Tune in on May 15 for a broadcast of RNDM on NPR's World Cafe with David Dye.

More info: www.worldcafe.org
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    It really pisses me off that I have to miss them because they are playing at a venue that only does 21+ shows. It's so bullshit.
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    thefixer9 wrote:
    It really pisses me off that I have to miss them because they are playing at a venue that only does 21+ shows. It's so bullshit.

As they should.
  • Options
    thefixer9 wrote:
    Once you're 21+ you'll be very glad they do that. ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,296
    thefixer9 wrote:
    I think you need to get yourself one of these... McRICO! :D

1361358037_80714578.jpg
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    goldrush wrote:
    thefixer9 wrote:
    I think you need to get yourself one of these... McRICO! :D

1361358037_80714578.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

• Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    thefixer9 wrote:
    Once you're 21+ you'll be very glad they do that. ;)

I hope so! :lol:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

• Options
    KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    thefixer9 wrote:

Stupid really. I don't get the whole age restrictions for shows thing anyway, can't you just not serve them alcohol? (the whole no alcohol til 21 is ridiculous too, but don't even let me get into that). My nephew and I really wanted to go see a local show while we were in Seattle, but there was no way of finding something that he could attend as well as he was only 18 at the time.
  • Options
    Kathi wrote:
    thefixer9 wrote:

Stupid really. I don't get the whole age restrictions for shows thing anyway, can't you just not serve them alcohol? (the whole no alcohol til 21 is ridiculous too, but don't even let me get into that). My nephew and I really wanted to go see a local show while we were in Seattle, but there was no way of finding something that he could attend as well as he was only 18 at the time.
    I get not letting underaged people into the 21+ venues because the places are so crowded that there is no way for the staff to make sure no one under 21 is drinking. But the 21 y.o. age limit is totally ridiculous. That's too old - they can fight in a war, get married, and own a home, but they can't drink a beer?? So stupid. It's just begging people to break the law. But since that is the law, the owners of the venues obviously have to cover their asses. It's not their fault. Plus, adults just want to keep kids out of it sometimes. No offense to the one unhappy - i'm sure he's cool - but generally, i can do without being at a small.venue show that is half filled with teenagers. So I like the 19+ (in Canada) shows a lot.
  • Options
    BikePHLBikePHL Posts: 471
    Kathi wrote:
    thefixer9 wrote:

If you have a room full of people old enough to buy alcohol, you have the potential to make a lot more money. If the show is going to sell out either way than why wouldnt the venue try to sell tickets to the people they can make the biggest profit off of.
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011, Eddie Vedder Solo - Tower Theater - June 25, 2011, Tres Mountains - TLA - March 23, 2011, Brad - World Cafe Live- Oct. 10, 2010, Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 31, 2009, Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 27, 2009, Eddie Vedder Solo - Tower Theater- June 12, 2009, Eddie Vedder Solo - Tower Theater- June 11,2009, Susquehanna Bank Center - Jun 20, 2008, Susquehanna Bank Center - Jun 19, 2008, Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - May 27, 2006, Wachovia Center - Oct 03, 2005, Fleet Center - Sep 29, 2004, Tweeter Center - Jul 02, 2003, Tweeter Center - Jul 11, 2003, First Union Spectrum Arena - Apr 28, 2003, Blockbuster Music Entertainment Center - Aug 29, 1998, RFK Stadium - Jun 14, 1998
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Kathi wrote:
    thefixer9 wrote:

I get not letting underaged people into the 21+ venues because the places are so crowded that there is no way for the staff to make sure no one under 21 is drinking. But the 21 y.o. age limit is totally ridiculous. That's too old - they can fight in a war, get married, and own a home, but they can't drink a beer?? So stupid. It's just begging people to break the law. But since that is the law, the owners of the venues obviously have to cover their asses. It's not their fault. Plus, adults just want to keep kids out of it sometimes. No offense to the one unhappy - i'm sure he's cool - but generally, i can do without being at a small.venue show that is half filled with teenagers. So I like the 19+ (in Canada) shows a lot.

Do the 18-year-old youths in the army drink beer during their day off? I have the same concerns: if you are 18, and you can work, get married, sign contracts, testify in court or do jury duty, and more important, vote, why can't you have a beer in a show? In Argentina, if you are 18, you can do all these things, including having a beer, we don't have jury trials so jury duty is out, but you can testify in court, more over, girls can get married at the age of 16 with the consent of their parents, and now our crazy govenment allows the 16+ to register to vote, but this is optional, however, it's just a scheeme to gain votes in the forthcoming election, they will be able to vote at the age of 16 if they want, but they can't go abroad for they holidays on their own, nor buy foreign currency, since it is forbidden for any citizen here, but if someone at the age of 18 is old enough to do the most important thing, why an 18-year-old person isn't old ld enough to do the least important thing?

• Options
    Woah...didn't mean to cause a debate... :? :lol: I mean, yes I get it and to some degree it makes sense...I just HATE missing a show because of the reason... :cry:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

• Options
    vant0037vant0037 Posts: 6,075
    thefixer9 wrote:
    Woah...didn't mean to cause a debate... :? :lol: I mean, yes I get it and to some degree it makes sense...I just HATE missing a show because of the reason... :cry:

I used a fake ID to get into an Earth Crisis show (EARTH CRISIS...a fucking straightedge band played at a 21+ venue)...there was no way (at the time) I was missing that show.
    1998-06-30 Minneapolis
    2003-06-16 St. Paul
    2006-06-26 St. Paul
    2007-08-05 Chicago
    2009-08-23 Chicago
    2009-08-28 San Francisco
    2010-05-01 NOLA (Jazz Fest)
    2011-07-02 EV Minneapolis
    2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20
    2011-09-17 Winnipeg
    2012-06-26 Amsterdam
    2012-06-27 Amsterdam
    2013-07-19 Wrigley
    2013-11-21 San Diego
    2013-11-23 Los Angeles
    2013-11-24 Los Angeles
    2014-07-08 Leeds, UK
    2014-07-11 Milton Keynes, UK
    2014-10-09 Lincoln
    2014-10-19 St. Paul
    2014-10-20 Milwaukee
    2016-08-20 Wrigley 1
    2016-08-22 Wrigley 2
    2018-06-18 London 1
    2018-08-18 Wrigley 1
    2018-08-20 Wrigley 2
    2022-09-16 Nashville
    2023-08-31 St. Paul
    2023-09-02 St. Paul
    2023-09-05 Chicago 1
  • Options
    thefixer9 wrote:

It's okey, we are on your side as well as Kathi's side...