Options

Introducing RNDM

Comments

• Options
    ceskaceska New York Posts: 1,095

Really sorry that they had to cancel NY tonight due to the ongoing storm effects. That's an area that I would have liked to have seen enjoy an evening of great music. Boy they could sure use the distraction. :(

Huh? Where did you hear this? Bowery's website says nothing about cancellation.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,683
    ceska wrote:

Really sorry that they had to cancel NY tonight due to the ongoing storm effects. That's an area that I would have liked to have seen enjoy an evening of great music. Boy they could sure use the distraction. :(

Huh? Where did you hear this? Bowery's website says nothing about cancellation.
    It's on the PJ homepage. :(
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Found it.. Bowery is still on.

"Due to the storm in the Northeast, RNDM is unable to perform at Flavorpill today. We regret having to make this last minute change and apologize for any inconvenience.

Bowery Ballroom show is still on. Unused tickets from the Brooklyn show at Music Hall of Williamsburg will be honored.

RNDM has a beef with wind and snow"
  • Options
    ceska wrote:
    Found it.. Bowery is still on.

"Due to the storm in the Northeast, RNDM is unable to perform at Flavorpill today. We regret having to make this last minute change and apologize for any inconvenience.

Bowery Ballroom show is still on. Unused tickets from the Brooklyn show at Music Hall of Williamsburg will be honored.

RNDM has a beef with wind and snow"
    Oh, sorry. I wasn't paying attention to which show you were talking about... They were playing 2 shows tonight??? Or are you talking about tomorrow or something?
    Sucks for those who were going. :( I know I'd be kind of crushed, since I've been looking forward to it so much.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Bowery is tonight, and is in NYC. I guess Flavorpill (?) was gonna be an afternoon gig.
  • Options
    ceska wrote:
    Bowery is tonight, and is in NYC. I guess Flavorpill (?) was gonna be an afternoon gig.
    Ah, I see.... Strange schedule, no?
  • Options
    Not entirely. At least for band looking for some promo.. they did an -in store yesterday before the gig at night.
  • Options
    ceska wrote:
    Not entirely. At least for band looking for some promo.. they did an -in store yesterday before the gig at night.
    Yeah, in-store is normal during the day, with a signing and stuff... but I've never heard of a band having an actual performance on a weekday afternoon before... meh. Maybe it's an NYC thing. Enough people there to ensure that it won't be a completely empty venue I guess.
  • Options
    djklambakedjklambake PHX, AZ Posts: 2,512
    Any chance we'll see RNDM in Phoenix some time?

Just caught the Jimmy Fallon performance - LOVED IT! Great song, great energy!

Whaddya say, guys? I'll treat y'all to a burrito and some Coronas! ;)
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/4/12 - (Eddie Vedder) Phoenix, AZ
    11/1/13 - New Orleans, LA
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO
    8/22/16 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley 2)
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,593
    Got the CD yesterday. RNDM is awesome! I hope I can make the Chicago show, but may be difficult mid-week.
  • Options
    Has anyone received the LP yet?? I really want to get it soon so that I can listen to it lots before the show!
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    Are you guys meeting the band after the concerts? I really can't wait until I can see them!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,272
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Has anyone received the LP yet?? I really want to get it soon so that I can listen to it lots before the show!
    Got it in Sweden 2 days ago, bought it from 10C.
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    thefixer9 wrote:
    Are you guys meeting the band after the concerts? I really can't wait until I can see them!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    Yeah... what are you all doing? Just hanging around the bar until they come out for a drink or something?
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,735
    In boston they came out and mingled with people about 20 min after the show ended. Maybe it was 30 min...regardless it was totally worth it :thumbup:
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    kg1982kg1982 Posts: 74
    What a phenomenal show... just blew me away.
    Funny moment, when I asked Jospeh for a pic, he got up, rummaged around and handed me a guitar pic. I said, "Oh, wow, thank you, but I just wanted a picture." God I can really be an idiot...

somehow in the sea of people at last night's show (erm, all 100 of us?) i didnt see you!!! but this story is the best thing i've read in awhile.
  • Options
    unlost dogsunlost dogs Greater Boston Posts: 12,553
    kg1982 wrote:
    Funny moment, when I asked Jospeh for a pic, he got up, rummaged around and handed me a guitar pic. I said, "Oh, wow, thank you, but I just wanted a picture." God I can really be an idiot...

somehow in the sea of people at last night's show (erm, all 100 of us?) i didnt see you!!! but this story is the best thing i've read in awhile.

Kate!!! I can't believe you were there and I missed you!

I was to Jeff's side, right against the speaker and the guitar tech's setup. There was only one person in front of me, and she was shorter than me so it was all good. :lol:

I'm sorry I missed you!
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Options
    kg1982kg1982 Posts: 74
    kg1982 wrote:

Kate!!! I can't believe you were there and I missed you!

I was to Jeff's side, right against the speaker and the guitar tech's setup. There was only one person in front of me, and she was shorter than me so it was all good. :lol:

I'm sorry I missed you!

i know!! i was stage left and right at different times. i met jeff at the newbury in-store, so i didn't stick around post-show at the paradise (what the hell was with the 4" of snow!? i made the decidedly awesome choice of wearing a hoodie.). i was so impressed, as a sidenote, by how much i loved them live! in any case, you and i have the 2013 PJ DOMINATING THE NORTHEAST tour to look forward to getting sick of each other at, so we'll survive! till next time, lady.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    thefixer9 wrote:
    Yeah... what are you all doing? Just hanging around the bar until they come out for a drink or something?

We just hung out and talked to the local DJ's and Joe Arthur 'till Jeff came out and talked for about 10-15 mins with the DJ's who he goes way back with. Real cool bunch of guys and had Jeff sign my Ament basketball card from the Spectrum box set as well as the PJ20 setlist I got. It was awesome to see his face when I brought them out...I don't think he had ever even seen the card before ha.
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,199
    13 more hours till the Montreal show.
    Ah yeah! 8-)
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,535
    demetrios wrote:
    Ah yeah! 8-)

Enjoy ;)
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,199
    BLACK35 wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    Ah yeah! 8-)

Enjoy ;)

Will do. See you @ the Toronto show?
  • Options
    PeArLgOoNeRPeArLgOoNeR Posts: 1,248

Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010, Berlin 1+2 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Vienna 2014, Berlin 2014, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018
  • Options
    Is anyone here going to the Vancouver show (besides rockpants)?? Seems like there is no one from my area on these boards. :(
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,535
    demetrios wrote:
    BLACK35 wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    Ah yeah! 8-)

Enjoy ;)

Will do. See you @ the Toronto show?

No unfortunately I won't be attending, previous engagement
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    you canadians are in for a treat. rndm was awesome last night!
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • Options
    teemanteeman Posts: 337
    you canadians are in for a treat. rndm was awesome last night!

Agreed...great show at the Bowery Ballroom last night!

The guys have a ton of energy, and you can really tell they enjoy playing together.
  • Options
    SpokenSpoken Posts: 1,451
    RNDM were amazing last night-
    Met the band members after the show, really cool!
  • Options
    Joseph Arthur's tour blog. It is outrageously interesting!! :) And all the photos are outstanding.

http://josepharthur.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Great show at Bowery. Saw Joseph Arthur there a few months back actually, opening for Soul Asylum. That was great too, and he appreciated that I caught that. Richard was interested that I saw him with Three Fish and that I told him I wanted to to hear the music first before listening to the CD and he went into this dialog about how he's reading David Byrne's autobiography and he's (DB) got some theory about live music and whatnot. He even kept talking to me while signing some other dude's stuff, haha. I told Jeff I liked his photos especially the Yield wide angles. He pointed to the NAIS cover I had and said "That's my photo too!" Nice guys.

RNDM-5.JPG

A few more samples: one, two, three, four, five.

Here's a photo of my loot from the show.

RNDM-Autographs-1a.jpg