Options

Introducing RNDM

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    how much cost the vinyl from 10c??

my card wasnt working for some reason to preorder it.. and now i over paid for it from easystreets records

dont have to mention the shipping cost...
    It was $24.99. :) (and now I see mine is still in the wearhouse :( ).
    it doesnt matter what the status says...
    mine the last 5 posters..like 45 days and more are still at the warehouse,and i already receive all..

24.99?..shit i paid like 20$ total with shpping more to buy it from Easystreet today :roll:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,400
    i hope they're selling these LP's at the shows.....
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,529
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    now I see mine is still in the wearhouse :( Weren't they supposed to be shipped by now??

Mine say's warehouse too.
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:
    i hope they're selling these LP's at the shows.....
    Unfortunately they're not :(

Try East Street, my man!
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,051
    demetrios wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    now I see mine is still in the wearhouse :( Weren't they supposed to be shipped by now??

Mine say's warehouse too.

Mine says warehouse.....it arrived on Thursday in Michigan. Great album!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    how much cost the vinyl from 10c??

my card wasnt working for some reason to preorder it.. and now i over paid for it from easystreets records

dont have to mention the shipping cost...
    It was $24.99. :) (and now I see mine is still in the wearhouse :( Weren't they supposed to be shipped by now??).
    maybe now says shipped?? :mrgreen:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    fortyshadesfortyshades Posts: 1,834
    For those of you, who have heard the album; what is your review??? Which songs are your favourite?
  • Options
    Red Mosquito75Red Mosquito75 Moline IL Posts: 1,034
    Finally finished the listening to the album. It is good. Makes me wish for a new PJ album even more
    This is Not For You
  • Options
    rockpantsrockpants BC Posts: 838
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    rockpants wrote:
    I have a really bright orange jacket and toque ... I've had them for over a decade, but barely ever wear them anymore. The orange jacket in particular is unique because it was handmade by someone in my city; I got it at a thrift store for $3. Awesome deal. I hope Ed would be proud. Anyways, would it be totally lame to wear the jacket and toque to the gig? Part of me wants to, but part of me is also like, don't be a Pretend-I'm-With-The-Band Douchebag or Hyperzealous Fangirl Coffee Achiever. I mean, I'm 30 years old. Are other people wearing orange to the gigs?

Thoughts?

P.S. Remember when Stone was donning the orange ensembles? Good times, good times.
    I imagine some others will at least put on some of the merch they buy; pretty sure you wouldn't be the only one wearing orange... either way, if you want to wear orange, wear orange! We're too old to give a crap about what other people think anyway. ;) If I saw you, I wouldn't give it a second thought, except maybe 'cool - she's a fan and not just here randomly.' ... actually, if you wear that I WILL probably see you and will be able to say hi. :wave: Also, if the band sees you, they will know that you're wearing their color to show your appreciation for them, which they would like.

You're so supportive! Alrighty then, I'll do it. :) It's a weird, fuzzy, bulky thing. I'll have buttons on it, too; I need the pins to hold the pockets together. I'll be the lone, long-haired weirdo off to the side feeling uncomfortable in a bar setting. Should be easy to spot. :P

I've got my "ads" up for the Boss ticket on FB, Twitter, & here - I'll hold off on CL for now. Don't have my RNDM ticket yet, though. Should get on that.

I couldn't help but notice that you wrote colour without a 'u' ... :? ;)
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,729
    rockpants wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    rockpants wrote:
    I have a really bright orange jacket and toque ... I've had them for over a decade, but barely ever wear them anymore. The orange jacket in particular is unique because it was handmade by someone in my city; I got it at a thrift store for $3. Awesome deal. I hope Ed would be proud. Anyways, would it be totally lame to wear the jacket and toque to the gig? Part of me wants to, but part of me is also like, don't be a Pretend-I'm-With-The-Band Douchebag or Hyperzealous Fangirl Coffee Achiever. I mean, I'm 30 years old. Are other people wearing orange to the gigs?

Thoughts?

P.S. Remember when Stone was donning the orange ensembles? Good times, good times.
    I imagine some others will at least put on some of the merch they buy; pretty sure you wouldn't be the only one wearing orange... either way, if you want to wear orange, wear orange! We're too old to give a crap about what other people think anyway. ;) If I saw you, I wouldn't give it a second thought, except maybe 'cool - she's a fan and not just here randomly.' ... actually, if you wear that I WILL probably see you and will be able to say hi. :wave: Also, if the band sees you, they will know that you're wearing their color to show your appreciation for them, which they would like.

You're so supportive! Alrighty then, I'll do it. :) It's a weird, fuzzy, bulky thing. I'll have buttons on it, too; I need the pins to hold the pockets together. I'll be the lone, long-haired weirdo off to the side feeling uncomfortable in a bar setting. Should be easy to spot. :P

I've got my "ads" up for the Boss ticket on FB, Twitter, & here - I'll hold off on CL for now. Don't have my RNDM ticket yet, though. Should get on that.

I couldn't help but notice that you wrote colour without a 'u' ... :? ;)
    :lol: I actually noticed I spelled colour without the u just as I posted, and it bothered me, but I was too lazy to change it. And then I thought maybe I've been on this forum with too many Americans for too long or something. :lol:

I might end up going by myself too. Probably won't known for a while (there is only one person I'd like to go to this with, so if he doesn't join, I'm solo. I'll try and get him to say if he's going or not ASAP, because if he doesn't then you can have my extra ticket if you want. I'll let you know when I do. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,518
    For those of you, who have heard the album; what is your review??? Which songs are your favourite?

A solid album. There's a natural flow of the songs. 8.5 / 10. Love at first sight: Modern Times (favourite), What You Can't Control, New Tracks (favourite), Williamsburg and Cherries in the Snow. Grow on me: The Disappearing Ones, Hollow Girl, Walking Through New York, Throw You to the Pack and Letting Go of Will.The only songs that I didn't enjoy so much were: Darkness and Look Out.
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376

I think it is a fantastic album! Even at first listen I was loving it, but upon more listens, some of the songs I didn't love the first time started to grow on me. The album has a great mix of songs from upbeat songs, slower songs and a couple that just plain out rock. Joseph Arthur's vocals sound really good especially with Jeff's backing vocals. The lyrics fit perfect with the music and the songs are mixed really good with each other. My favorite songs are New Tracks, Look Out, Modern Times and Cherries in the Snow. The only song that hasn't fully grown on me yet is Hollow Girl. Overall I love the album and can't wait for the live show!!! :mrgreen:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    Don't forget it's another late nighter tonight.
    RNDM on Jimmy Fallon! :D
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    The RNDM show in DC was great- they sounded really good, I hope this is not a one and done thing
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    I hope this is not a one and done thing
    ^^ This ^^

I'm falling on love with this band :D
  • Options
    PeArLgOoNeRPeArLgOoNeR Posts: 1,249
    still waiting patiently for my signed cd.. slowly getting impatient :/

Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010, Berlin 1+2 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Vienna 2014, Berlin 2014, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018
  • Options
    loving RNDM. love rich stuverud's drumming, love the fact that they roll out an insane maount of merch for a "side project", love the thought that goes into the art, the costumes and all fo that.

show in williamsburg was amazing, going to the fallon taping tonight and then gonna rock bowery on thursday.

might even head to frisco on thanksgiving for that show.

this band is fun.
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • Options
    loving RNDM. love rich stuverud's drumming, love the fact that they roll out an insane maount of merch for a "side project", love the thought that goes into the art, the costumes and all fo that.

show in williamsburg was amazing, going to the fallon taping tonight and then gonna rock bowery on thursday.

might even head to frisco on thanksgiving for that show.

this band is fun.

Jealous!

Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010, Berlin 1+2 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Vienna 2014, Berlin 2014, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018
  • Options
    RNDM ON LATE NIGHT WITH JIMMY FALLON

RNDM will perform as tonight's musical guest on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon.Tune in tonight on NBC at 12:35 ET / 11:35 CTMore info at: http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/

1:35am Halifax time. So ends @ 2:35am.
    Another late night. Ah yeah! :)
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,349
    ...I hope this is not a one and done thing
    I hope so too, I really like this record. It would be cool to see how they progress.

Although I had the same feeling about Fistful Of Mercy too (Joseph's other side project). I loved that record but it's looking like a one-off now. :(
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,607
    anyone up for a Milwaukee meetup?
  • Options
    DrdealDrdeal Posts: 693
    Got my pink RNDM 45 the other day. Very cool record!!! I purchased it 20 minutes after I got my power back last Wed. If I did not get my power back that night I would have missed out due to Sandy. It was meant to be :)

DrDeal
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,349
    Free download of "Ain't Got No - Mag 7" just put up on RNDM's Facebook page! :D

Grab it and make a donation to the Red Cross :clap:
    "After spending the last few days in New York City, we decided to make our studio recording of "Ain't Got No - Mag 7" (Nina Simone/The Clash) available for free, with the hope that you might feel the love and be compelled to make a donation to help those impacted by Hurricane Sandy." - RNDM

Donate to the Red Cross http://bit.ly/redcrossorg

Download "Ain't Got No - Mag 7" http://bit.ly/aintgotnomag7
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    Aint got no Mag rocks!

These three guys make me smile! Please consider a short Euro tour!

• Options
    KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    Aint got no Mag rocks!

These three guys make me smile! Please consider a short Euro tour!

yes please!
  • Options
    Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,504
    Got my vinyl today. Love the packaging. The quality of vinyl that ten club puts out is top notch.

The album is great too! Only a few listens so far but I can see this being in heavy rotation. Without a doubt one of the very top "side" project albums from start to finish.

I should have went to the Brooklyn show. Hopefully ten club puts up some merch.
  • Options
    PorchgirlCOPorchgirlCO Colorado Posts: 1,375
    Loved them on jimmy fallon last night! Fun!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...

Orlando 4/24/92 & 8/23/92, Miami 3/28/94, Ft Laud 10/7/96, Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Missoula 9/30/12, EV Jax 11/24/12 & 11/25/12, Chicago (Wrigley) 7/19/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Tulsa 10/8/14, Lincoln 10/9/14, Denver 10/22/14, Jacksonville 4/12/16, Greenville 4/16/16, Telluride 7/9/16, Boston (Fenway) 8/5/16 & 8/7/16, Seattle (Safeco) 8/10/18, Boston (Fenway) 9/2/18 & 9/4/18, Dana Point 10/1/21 & 10/2/21, MSG 9/11/22, Denver 9/22/22, Austin 9/18/23 & 9/19/23.
  • Options
    A little nervous about the show tonight....big nor'easter supposed to hit MA today :(
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • Options
    jwhjr17jwhjr17 Posts: 1,934
    Picked up my tickets for the show next Thursday in MN. I knew I could convince my wife to go once she saw the Fallon performances ;)
    1998-06-30 Mpls | 2006-07-06 Las Vegas | 2010-05-03 Kansas City | 2011-07-01 St. Louis EV | 2011-07-02 Mpls EV | 2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20 | 2011-09-17 Winnipeg | 2012-09-30 Missoula | 2012-11-18 Tulsa EV | 2013-07-19 Chicago | 2013-11-15 Dallas
    2013-11-16 OKC | 2014-10-09 Lincoln | 2014-10-17 Moline | 2014-10-19 St. Paul | 2014-10-20 Milwaukee | 2016-08-20 Chicago
    2016-08-22 Chicago | 2018-08-18 Chicago | 2018-08-20 Chicago | 2022-05-09 Phoenix | 2022-05-20 Las Vegas | 2022-09-18 St. Louis 
    2022-09-20 OKC | 2023-08-31 St. Paul | 2023-09-02 St. Paul | 2024-05-16 Las Vegas | 2024-05-18 Las Vegas |