Options

SOUNDGARDEN - KING ANIMAL - Nov 13 2012

Comments

• Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-LsCL5nP8A - clips from the whole record

sounds awesome, waiting for this record to leak is killing me!

Me too. I hope it is soon, I would love to get to know the new songs before Shepherds Bush :D
  • Options
    Me too. I hope it is soon, I would love to get to know the new songs before Shepherds Bush :D

Yeah, 5 days and counting :D
  • Options
    benjs wrote:
    kasedoug wrote:
    Hopefully finding my way into the LA show!
    Best of luck getting tickets! These shows are going to be crazy.
    Hopefully I'll see ya at the Phoenix.. I was out of town last time they were in Toronto but a freaking Soundgarden club show!?!? Phenomenal!

Is it just me or are we all going to be deaf after this show? Soundgarden in a venue of that size is going to blow the fucing roof off!!! I've been to many concerts (Ive seen plenty of loud bands in smaller veues AIC 4 times Them crooked vultures, the headstones, I mother earthx2, Queens of the stone age the list goes on) however when i finally got the chance to see Soundgarden in 2011 that was by far one of, if not the loudest show I've attended and it was outdoors. looking forward to the moshpit as well hope to see you all there!
  • Options
    uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    gotsome420 wrote:
    Is it just me or are we all going to be deaf after this show? Soundgarden in a venue of that size is going to blow the fucing roof off!!! I've been to many concerts (Ive seen plenty of loud bands in smaller veues AIC 4 times Them crooked vultures, the headstones, I mother earthx2, Queens of the stone age the list goes on) however when i finally got the chance to see Soundgarden in 2011 that was by far one of, if not the loudest show I've attended and it was outdoors. looking forward to the moshpit as well hope to see you all there!
    Oh, we're all going to lose a lot of hearing that night. I saw SG in Toronto and London last year with GA tickets, in a two-day span. My ears were ringing for a long time afterwards. Sometimes sacrifices have to be made for the bands you love.
  • Options
    gotsome420 wrote:
    Oh, we're all going to lose a lot of hearing that night. I saw SG in Toronto and London last year with GA tickets, in a two-day span. My ears were ringing for a long time afterwards. Sometimes sacrifices have to be made for the bands you love.

AMEN
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    Oooh, just found out my local shop is going to have the new album on 9th November instead of 13th November as the release date says. :)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    morello wrote:
    Oooh, just found out my local shop is going to have the new album on 9th November instead of 13th November as the release date says. :)
    Very nice!
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,907
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-LsCL5nP8A - clips from the whole record

sounds awesome, waiting for this record to leak is killing me!

sweet! sounds pretty decent to me :mrgreen:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Edrock78Edrock78 Posts: 167
    Blood on the Valley Floor sounds like it's going to be nice and heavy.
  • Options
    zarocatzarocat Posts: 1,901
    Ok, I just pre-ordered the new album. To anyone else who has, have you received the passcode for the pre-sale to the 3 gigs yet which are coming up?

*Ed Ved, Black in Vegas ... :shock:
    1996: Toronto
    1998: Barrie
    2000: Montreal, Toronto, Auburn Hills
    2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal
    2004: Boston X2, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto X2
    2009: Toronto
    2011: PJ20, Montreal, Toronto X2, Hamilton
    2012: Manchester X2, Amsterdam X2, Prague, Berlin X2, Philadelphia, Missoula
    2013: Pittsburg, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo, Detroit
    2016: Ottawa, Toronto X2
    2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Chicago X2
    2024: Noblesville 
  • Options
    zarocat wrote:
    Ok, I just pre-ordered the new album. To anyone else who has, have you received the passcode for the pre-sale to the 3 gigs yet which are coming up?

I'm pretty sure we won't get our code until after the 11:59 deadline on the seventh. I have nothing to back that up, but it seems like a reasonable assumption.
  • Options
    zarocatzarocat Posts: 1,901
    zarocat wrote:

I'm pretty sure we won't get our code until after the 11:59 deadline on the seventh. I have nothing to back that up, but it seems like a reasonable assumption.

What I was thinking. :thumbup:
    1996: Toronto
    1998: Barrie
    2000: Montreal, Toronto, Auburn Hills
    2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal
    2004: Boston X2, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto X2
    2009: Toronto
    2011: PJ20, Montreal, Toronto X2, Hamilton
    2012: Manchester X2, Amsterdam X2, Prague, Berlin X2, Philadelphia, Missoula
    2013: Pittsburg, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo, Detroit
    2016: Ottawa, Toronto X2
    2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Chicago X2
    2024: Noblesville 
  • Options
    Mudhoney just posted they are playing a show in Seattle in February with a 'legendary band' - Soundgarden sprung to mind. More details tomorrow.
  • Options
    By Crooked Steps: A Thousand Days Before and Blood on the Valley Floor in FULL here:

http://www.dr.dk/p3/programmer/smag-paa ... #clip14779
  • Options
    By Crooked Steps: A Thousand Days Before and Blood on the Valley Floor in FULL here:

I just got a pm of this link on the Soundgarden board, I went straight for A Thousand Days Before..........Fucking incredible, at a loss for words.........
  • Options

I just got a pm of this link on the Soundgarden board, I went straight for A Thousand Days Before..........Fucking incredible, at a loss for words.........

From the previews I thought it would have been one of the lesser tracks but its amazing. Totally love By Crooked Steps.
  • Options
    From the previews I thought it would have been one of the lesser tracks but its amazing. Totally love By Crooked Steps.

I had a feeling it would be good from the Metal Hammer review, they said it just kept building then the chorus hits you - it does not disappoint! I think it would make a good single.

Yeah Crooked Steps is wicked, great vocals, and the way it kicks in too :D

Blood On The Valley Floor has a Mailman kind of feel to it with its lurching riff, love it.

I don't know if it's the sheer euphoria of hearing new Soundgarden, but these feel like instant classics to me, every bit as good as I hoped they would be.
  • Options
    Hub.Hub. Posts: 1,989
    Thanks for the link, Digital Twilight. It'll keep me patient until the day of release. :)
  • Options
    Hub. wrote:
    Thanks for the link, Digital Twilight. It'll keep me patient until the day of release. :)
    My patience is being tempted every day. I hope I don't cave. Thanks for the link though!
  • Options
    these three songs are outrageous... i think i shit myself after blood on the valley floor. good fucking god soundgarden.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    these three songs are outrageous... i think i shit myself after blood on the valley floor. good fucking god soundgarden.
    All the more motivation for me to get tickets to the Toronto show.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    All the more motivation for me to get tickets to the Toronto show.
    The songs are freaking phenomenal. Here's hoping everyone around here who wants to end up at that show, will!
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    The entire album is streaming on Itunes!

http://bit.ly/KingAnimaliTunes
  • Options
    absolutely mind blowing album. pj better step their game up next album. holy fuck
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    absolutely mind blowing album. pj better step their game up next album. holy fuck

I agree, and Matt's drumming is SICK
  • Options

Not available outisde the US :cry:
  • Options
    lyearslyears Posts: 212

Not available outisde the US :cry:

http://www.nme.com/blog/index.php?blog= ... bum_stream
    Hyde Park 25/06/10 - Manchester 20/06/12 - Leeds 08/07/14
  • Options
    Edved82Edved82 Ireland Posts: 1,254
    I'm only 3 tracks in and I can already feel this album could well be something special.
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."