Options

**Official Oracle Appreciation Event Attendees List**

Comments

• Options
    Chiquimonkey got a pair of wristbands for $60! she and Vedhead27 are going to the show!!

Soooo happy for them!
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,395
    Chiquimonkey got a pair of wristbands for $60! she and Vedhead27 are going to the show!!

Soooo happy for them!

This is great news! :D
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385

Soooo happy for them!

awesome!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Princess BulldozerPrincess Bulldozer Mannheim, Germany Posts: 952
    Had fun with my 10c fans :)
    Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure - science.
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

Men love to wonder, and that is the seed of science.
    ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337

Soooo happy for them!
    Thanks Mel and for your encouragement and help, and to everyone! Finding those wristbands was a blessing....the people who hooked us up were mad cool :)
  • Options
    Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,229

Soooo happy for them!

Wow Vedhead27 was there too?! It's been a long time since I last saw her at a show. Would of been cool to run into her there.

RM
  • Options
    glad ed(?) chose green disease to be included on the setlist
    it made total sense
  • Options
    whatdudewhatdude Posts: 143
    HUGE thanks to sborr and red mosquito for the help in getting me and my wife to the show. above and beyond the call of duty.

hope to see you guys at a show soon.

tim
    10/30/93 SJ, 6/24/95 SF Polo Fields, 7/15/06 SF, 12/2/06 Hawai'i, 6/24/08 MSG1, 6/25/08 MSG2, 8/28/09 OutsideLands SF, 10/9/09 SD, 10/23/10 Bridge I, 9/25/11 Vancouver, 9/30/12 Missoula, 10/3/12 Oracle Openworld, 7/19/13 Wrigley Field, 11/26/13 Oakland, 10/22/14 Denver, 10/25/14 Bridge I, 5/1/16 MSG1, 5/2/16 MSG2, 8/5/16 Fenway 1, 8/7/16 Fenway 2, 8/20/16 Wrigley Field 1, 8/22/16 Wrigley Field 2, 8/8/18 Seattle 1, 8/10/18 Seattle 2, 8/13/18 Missoula, 9/2/18 Fenway 1, 9/4/18 Fenway 2 
  • Options
    Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,229
    whatdude wrote:
    HUGE thanks to sborr and red mosquito for the help in getting me and my wife to the show. above and beyond the call of duty.

hope to see you guys at a show soon.

tim

No problem dude, my pleasure! I should of been more patient myself since I was eventually able to snag a few free wristbands for you a few others but when you're in the moment like that it's hard to make those type of decisions when you want to ensure getting into the show. Oh well, a good time was still had and I'm glad you and edwho were able to get passes.

RM
  • Options
    I don't post to much, but I really wish I could have gone last night, being so close to treasure island. Here is the set list if anyone is interested.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/pearl-jam ... dc722.html

I'm hoping for a west coast tour soon!! :D

Deb
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    Glad to see that quite a few 10club people got in there last night. Fucking VIP section was bullshit. Such a weird vibe at that show last night, still trying to process what I saw :? Can't complain about the performance though, kick ass job by the guys as usual. Ed needs to rest that voice ;)
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    Thanks for Mark for my ticket (freely provided by a conference goer earlier in the day).

Thanks to Leslie, Kathy and Matt who I stood with for all of KOL, PJ and X. It was a pleasure spending the evening with you.

Funny atmosphere in the crowd, especially the incident where I went to talk to Sara and Selene at their rail spot and was being "lent" on to move me along, even though it was quite clear I was 4 people away from my own "rail" group. (And by rail I mean the 2nd rail behind the VIP posers.)

I have some pretty cool pictures which I can post later.

Watched my 10th Pearl Jam show last night, in my new home city of San Francisco, with the moon shining and the Bay Bridge lights in the background.

Thank you Whoracle.
    I wish all us 10Cer's could have been there.
    Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure - science.
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    sborrsborr Posts: 6
    Crowd sucked. The boys were awesome! I loved how the fans were booing the Oracle executives when they got up to speak when all we wanted was PJ! It was my pleasure to grant the passes to fellow 10c members. Maybe you can return the favor if you come to Boston someday...It was such an emotional experience seeing the boys last night. I'm at the stage of my life where all their words are starting to truly hit home. They've gotten me through a lot of tough times...

Saw things so much clearer, once you were in my rearview mirror...
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    That crowd was by far the WEIRDEST one I've ever experienced at any show ever. Flashing bowler hats, people carrying 4 beers, trays of beers, a box of wine bottles (??), suits smoking cigars. Stuffed bears. The boys sounded fantastic though!
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Funny atmosphere in the crowd, especially the incident where I went to talk to Sara and Selene at their rail spot and was being "lent" on to move me along, even though it was quite clear I was 4 people away from my own "rail" group. (And by rail I mean the 2nd rail behind the VIP posers.)

I was the guy with Sara and Selin ... funny thing about that dude that kept backing into you ... he left the rail, half way through the opener DTE!! :lol:

About 2 songs later, the two ladies that were with him took off as well. One lady had her leopard print scarf get caught on the rail, she yanked hard twice, finally extracted it, and then PUNCHED the lady that took her spot along the rail in the back. :nono:
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    KC_MattKC_Matt Posts: 19
    Thanks for Mark for my ticket (freely provided by a conference goer earlier in the day).

Thanks to Leslie, Kathy and Matt who I stood with for all of KOL, PJ and X. It was a pleasure spending the evening with you.

I have some pretty cool pictures which I can post later.

Watched my 10th Pearl Jam show last night, in my new home city of San Francisco, with the moon shining and the Bay Bridge lights in the background.

Thank you Whoracle.
    I wish all us 10Cer's could have been there.

I too had a great time with the 10c crowd last night. Other than the blue hat sport coat crowd in front of us it was a pretty solid show. I'm sure Ed did not like Princess Bulldozer's 10 club VIP sign but I thought it was perfect given the circumstances.
    "If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done"
  • Options
    Great to see some of you last night!!
    I opted for the back of the crowd so I could enjoy free booze. I had tons of space to wildly jump around, dance, and have lots of non fans stare at me like I was crazy. Sooo much fun!! :D
  • Options
    Hi,

So this is only my second PJ concert (first time was in vienna 2006, such long time ago). I must say I was happy to see that the guys, although they felt the need to sort of apologize every once in a while for doing this kind of a show, put in their usual 1000$, and the show was just awesome! I loved the setlist, carefully chosen..
    I don't know any of you guys, but I guess I could feel your presence around me, there were definitely some pearl jam fans in the crowed.

I too hated the blue hat section that was right in front of me (I was on the rail front and center. How can people eat drink and talk with their BACKS to the stage is just beyond me. How Eddie would sing his heart out and these guys would not give a...

But on a positive note I can say I've seen some people converted, meaning, stated off being bored and stuffing their faces, and ending up blown away by that pure energy. Well done.

I'm so wishing for a CA tour soon. I need to see them with a real crowed next time. Still happy I went - although funnily enough I discovered the tickets I payed for were fake half way through the show :)
  • Options
    And I think it is kind of a funny coincidence that I hit the $ instead of the % key in my previous post..
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:

I was the guy with Sara and Selin ... funny thing about that dude that kept backing into you ... he left the rail, half way through the opener DTE!! :lol:

About 2 songs later, the two ladies that were with him took off as well. One lady had her leopard print scarf get caught on the rail, she yanked hard twice, finally extracted it, and then PUNCHED the lady that took her spot along the rail in the back. :nono:

Glad he left!

People can be gawd awful.

It was lovely to meet you :)
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    Hi all
    I am a long time 10club member. Got in thru a friend with connections at the last minute. Only found out about the show the night before and spent the next 15 hours trying to get in. Appreciated the info posted on the forum. Couldn't make it up to the front but had a great time dancing in the middle. Was a bit of a disappointing crowd but the boys still manged to bring me to tears during Black. Amazing show! will cut Larry E some slack momentarily :) I too hope for a California tour soon. Take care and thanks!
    sfwindy
    Greek Theatre 10/31/93, GGP 6/24/95, San Jose 11/4/95,Seattle 9/16/96, Oakland 11/97,Sacramento 7/16/98, Columbia, MD 09/18/98, Mountain View 10/31/2000, Moutain View 6/2003, San Francisco 7/15/06, 7/16/06, 7/18/06, Oahu 12/2/06, Hawaii 12/9/06 (with U2),EV Berkeley 4/08, EV-Oakland 7/11/11
  • Options
    blueoceans wrote:
    have lots of non fans stare at me like I was crazy.

I was at the second rail with the VIP section in front of my group of four 10Cer's.
    Many VIP's were staring at our group and also, Sara's group for major sections of the show when we were singing out lungs out.
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    sfwindy wrote:
    Hi all
    I am a long time 10club member. Got in thru a friend with connections at the last minute. Only found out about the show the night before and spent the next 15 hours trying to get in. Appreciated the info posted on the forum. Couldn't make it up to the front but had a great time dancing in the middle. Was a bit of a disappointing crowd but the boys still manged to bring me to tears during Black. Amazing show! will cut Larry E some slack momentarily :) I too hope for a California tour soon. Take care and thanks!

Awesome, another 10C littering the crowd.
    Or better yet, improving the crowd.

Glad you enjoyed the show!
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    KC_Matt wrote:
    I'm sure Ed did not like Princess Bulldozer's 10 club VIP sign but I thought it was perfect given the circumstances.

I am definitely sure he didn't like it!

Here is the sign:
    SIGN3.jpg

Matt, It was lovely meeting you and I will upload all my photos soon :)
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    blueoceans wrote:
    have lots of non fans stare at me like I was crazy.

I was at the second rail with the VIP section in front of my group of four 10Cer's.
    Many VIP's were staring at our group and also, Sara's group for major sections of the show when we were singing out lungs out.

I wonder if I was standing next to you..Were you around the guy with the huge camera standing on his backpack?
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    ri249107 wrote:
    I wonder if I was standing next to you..Were you around the guy with the huge camera standing on his backpack?

This brings up another fact about last night ... all the video taping by people who really aren't huge fans.

I had some dude near the end of the show with this enormous telescoping lens shooting video ... at some point resting the damn thing on my shoulder.

Now, I'll duck and move for folks behind me for the occasional photo snapping and I didn't intentionally do anything to mess up his shot, but damn man, I'm on the rail, I'm not gonna stand still just because you're over my shoulder shooting video, not by any stretch of the imagination.

At one point, his buddy leaned into him after a song and said, "Well, there's another video ruined" .... to which I turned back and retorted, "Sorry boys, there's a lot more where that came from."

(but as a nice guy, I let him shoot Just Breathe with no issues.)
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    ri249107 wrote:

This brings up another fact about last night ... all the video taping by people who really aren't huge fans.

I had some dude near the end of the show with this enormous telescoping lens shooting video ... at some point resting the damn thing on my shoulder.

Now, I'll duck and move for folks behind me for the occasional photo snapping and I didn't intentionally do anything to mess up his shot, but damn man, I'm on the rail, I'm not gonna stand still just because you're over my shoulder shooting video, not by any stretch of the imagination.

At one point, his buddy leaned into him after a song and said, "Well, there's another video ruined" .... to which I turned back and retorted, "Sorry boys, there's a lot more where that came from."

(but as a nice guy, I let him shoot Just Breathe with no issues.)

Yes I have a feeling the guy usin me as a tripod quickly realized I was a very bad one jumping around all the time. I have to say there is even a bigger issue of filming in concerts which is disturbing to me. I can believe it feels kind of crappy when you go on stage and everyone is lookin at you through their iPhone rather then being with you. People don't ever watch the show anymore. It was like that in all the concerts I've been to recently. Instead of watching the show and living he moment, people are busy filming and posting to FB or texting
  • Options
    Good times on the rail - I was one of the 4 with PrincessBulldoser. I totally ditched my Open World friends to hang with my new 10c friends :-)

Very fun (and funny) after party too!

PrincessBulldoser - sorry I missed you last night.. Please stay in touch and let me know when you're in Boston.

Messenger
  • Options

I am definitely sure he didn't like it!

Here is the sign:
    SIGN3.jpg

Matt, It was lovely meeting you and I will upload all my photos soon :)[/quote]

classic!!
  • Options
    Messenger wrote:
    Good times on the rail - I was one of the 4 with PrincessBulldozer. I totally ditched my Open World friends to hang with my new 10c friends :-)

Very fun (and funny) after party too!

PrincessBulldozer - sorry I missed you last night.. Please stay in touch and let me know when you're in Boston.

Messenger

It was so much fun!

It was great to meet you :)

Catch up soon
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

~Ralph Waldo Emerson