Options

**Official Oracle Appreciation Event Attendees List**

Comments

• Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    DS1119 wrote:
    I'm getting limo service to and from the show paid for by work. Pretty pumped about that. I hope the limo is a car and not one of the obnoxious stretched out Hummers. The Hummers are so hard to climb into. :x

#FirstWorldProblems

whitewhine.com
  • Options
    southpsouthp Posts: 269
    Was this last night or tonight?
  • Options
    GrandmaGrandma Posts: 259
    edited October 2012
    I asked yesterday when I picked up my pass about extras and they said they knew some were showing up on Craigslist. It's a blue wristband that says 'Dive in Rock Out' in a folder that says the same with a guy falling into a crowd. Should have a number on the back like A12345. Also I'd ask to see their conference badge to make sure.

Also - for the meet-up: the guy at the shuttle info desk said the moscone line will wrap around the block - he suggested using one of the hotel shuttles instead. So you might want to meet in Union Sq and take the St Francis shuttle ( I'm stuck at Moscone but will be in line no later than 6). If you notice a woman in an Avocado shirt & PJ20 sweatshirt with a cane struggling to get to the front because I had to leave from Moscone maybe you can let me in in exchange for the tip :)
    Post edited by Grandma on
  • Options
    Princess BulldozerPrincess Bulldozer Mannheim, Germany Posts: 952
    Grandma wrote:
    I asked yesterday when I picked up my pass about extras and they said they knew some were showing up on Craigslist. It's a blue wristband that says 'Dive in Rock Out' in a folder that says the same with a guy falling into a crowd. Should have a number on the back like A12345. Also I'd ask to see their conference badge to make sure.

Also - for the meet-up: the guy at the shuttle info desk said the moscone line will wrap around the block - he suggested using one of the hotel shuttles instead. So you might want to meet in Union Sq ( I'm stuck at Moscone but will be in line no later than 6). If you notice a woman in a PJ20 sweatshirt with a cane struggling to get to the front because I had to leave from Moscone maybe you can let me in in exchange for the tip :)

Hi Grandma, Thanks for the information.
    Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure - science.
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

Men love to wonder, and that is the seed of science.
    ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    yalzinyalzin Posts: 30
    Does anyone have an extra wristband? I first saw X with Pearl Jam back in '98! Please PM if you have a wristband. I work in SOMA, 2 blocks from Hotel Utah!
  • Options
    Hello again everyone.
    If you come across a spare, I would very much like it.

I am in my research lab all day and will have trouble checking on here or my phone, but I definitely will be there.

The wristbands and tickets being sold on Craigslist are a little out of my price range as I am a student.
    I am willing to pay $50-$60, so if a fellow 10Cer can find someone to give up there wristband and ticket I can pay a little.

Thanks.
    <!-- e --><a href="mailto:jodie_haigh@hotmail.com">jodie_haigh@hotmail.com</a><!-- e -->
    Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure - science.
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,229
    dougfloyd wrote:
    jammerx wrote:
    There are two spots pretty close to Moscone that are much more dive/rock than Jillian's.

Dave's http://www.yelp.com/biz/daves-san-francisco (non-stop Who on the jukebox when I was there last night)

Hotel Utah Saloon http://www.yelp.com/biz/hotel-utah-saloon-san-francisco

Also, I think I'm set on my pass (thanks Steven!) but I'm still looking for a second one for my wife if anyone happens to hear of any others floating around.

So excited for tomorrow!

That Hotel Utah place looks pretty cool.

Hotel Utah is a great place and rich with musical history. I believe the Dead and the Doors have all played there at one point.

RM
  • Options
    NHiding wrote:
    Somebody hook SOLAT319 up!

Agreed. I would if I could but all the passes I have are accounted for at this time.

RM
  • Options
    Someone hook Princess bulldozer up too!
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    Someone hook Princess bulldozer up too!

;)
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    Hello again everyone.

I am in my research lab all day and will have trouble checking on here or my phone, but I definitely will be there.

The wristbands and tickets being sold on Craigslist are a little out of my price range as I am a student.
    I am willing to pay $50-$60, so if a fellow 10Cer can find someone to give up there wristband and ticket I can pay a little.

Thanks.
    <!-- e --><a href="mailto:jodie_haigh@hotmail.com">jodie_haigh@hotmail.com</a><!-- e -->

You haven't been able to get into a Pearl Jam show for $50 to $60 in almost 10 years...
  • Options
    Hello again everyone.

Thanks.

You haven't been able to get into a Pearl Jam show for $50 to $60 in almost 10 years...

Missoula was $55
    Europe was $65

I am a research student, I don't have lots of funds. That is all.
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    So is the consensus to try to meet up at the Hotel Utah beforehand? Still working this booth but hoping to wrap up early this afternoon. Still trying to work some angles for more passes but no luck yet.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    sfrenchsfrench Posts: 42
    I have a pretty solid line on tickets for tonight. If they come through, I'll see you all over at Hotel Utah (I work 2 blocks away).
  • Options
    OK so I need some help on information in regards to these tickets and wristbands for tonight's show. Do you need both to get on the shuttle and get in to event? I am about to pay $130 for a wristband only on craigslist but it doesn't have a ticket that I have seen pictured on the other craiglist ads. The seller is saying you only need a wristband to get in and the ticket is just a jacket to hold the wristband for distribution purposes and is not a ticket. Is this true? I would hate to drive all the way to SF pay $130 and be stuck on the outside with no PJ show! Please help me so I know what I am looking to buy to get in tonight!
    Thanks,
    Ray
  • Options
    dougfloyd wrote:
    So is the consensus to try to meet up at the Hotel Utah beforehand? Still working this booth but hoping to wrap up early this afternoon. Still trying to work some angles for more passes but no luck yet.

Doug, since you're at the Oracle show can you confirm whether they will still be giving out wristbands around 3pm today in the Moscone West Bldg? I see the exhibit hall closes at 4pm so I think if I'm up there at 3pm it should be enough time to get the wristbands still.

And once I get my wristband I will definitely head over to Hotel Utah for some pre-show libations!

Thanks!

RM
  • Options
    Does anyone know what time Pearl Jam is scheduled to go on stage?
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    dougfloyd wrote:

Doug, since you're at the Oracle show can you confirm whether they will still be giving out wristbands around 3pm today in the Moscone West Bldg? I see the exhibit hall closes at 4pm so I think if I'm up there at 3pm it should be enough time to get the wristbands still.

And once I get my wristband I will definitely head over to Hotel Utah for some pre-show libations!

Thanks!

RM

I believe you will be fine, the exhibit booths will start closing then but the bracelets are actually distributed in the lobby on the 3rd floor so I think you'll be fine.
    Does anyone know what time Pearl Jam is scheduled to go on stage?

11:30pm from what I've heard.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Regarding the wristband for tonight, this is what you're looking for ...

481014_988275565980_298100150_n.jpg

This is the outside holder of the wristband ...

5N65Ge5P33G23m43Lfca3f5f9272a5c94147d.jpg
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    BE9456BE9456 Posts: 145
    I work across the street if anyone can hook me up I would get you some cool PJ merch.

Also can someone post a pic of the other side of that wristband. :D
  • Options
    Got wristband. Will be at the show!

-Buggy
  • Options
    BrandonBrandon Posts: 157
    i can't believe it. no one even said anything. see you there!
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Hey all,

I'm in Sacramento, but I'm about to make the drive down to San Fran on the off chance I can score a wristband.

I don't know my plan of action, but I'm thinking of just showing up on Treasure Island and see what happens?

Might not be the best game plan, if anyone has alternative advice. I don't think I can get to the city until around 6pm....

So the island appeals to me.

I wonder if I could hear the show from outside the venue. That would be fine for me?

Anyone have any tips or tricks about the venue, and anyone with access to an extra wristband.... well add me to the list.

Nate

<!-- e --><a href="mailto:nathanwilds@gmail.com">nathanwilds@gmail.com</a><!-- e -->
    213-248-0799
  • Options
    Wilds wrote:
    Hey all,

I'm in Sacramento, but I'm about to make the drive down to San Fran on the off chance I can score a wristband.

I don't know my plan of action, but I'm thinking of just showing up on Treasure Island and see what happens?

Might not be the best game plan, if anyone has alternative advice. I don't think I can get to the city until around 6pm....

So the island appeals to me.

I wonder if I could hear the show from outside the venue. That would be fine for me?

Anyone have any tips or tricks about the venue, and anyone with access to an extra wristband.... well add me to the list.

Nate

<!-- e --><a href="mailto:nathanwilds@gmail.com">nathanwilds@gmail.com</a><!-- e -->
    213-248-0799

Here is what I just wrote to some friends ...

Ok, so, wristband acquired. Dude I talked to said your best bet was to get down to the Moscone center as early as you can (before folks start cutting out for the airports or for dinner) and just start asking people. The attendees that have rights to go tonight have to get in a line to get a special bag which comes with the wristband for tonight ... so, most people won't even get the wristband at all to avoid the hassle. But if someone asks them to, they will. Assume you can keep pumping away at Craig's List as well while you're at the Moscone Center.

There is a bar code on the back of the wristband sleeve so make sure that comes with the wristband, they may scan it and it does say ticket is non-transferable and not for resale, hope that isn't an issue. But note, when I went to this event 2 or 3 years ago, they weren't checking, it was only the wristband that mattered.

Shuttles don't start leaving until 7:15.

Last shuttle back to the Moscone Center is at 1 AM

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    MD190661MD190661 Posts: 348
    I just scored one just by walking around Moscone for about 5 minutes and asking 3 different people. I probably got lucky, but it was easy. I offered $40 and they said OK.

Anyone know how long they might play? I a guessing about 2 hours from 10:30 to 12:30.
    10/1/94, 6/22/95, 6/24/95, 9/16/96, 7/22/98, 10/21/01, 6/1/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 9/1/05, 7/15/06, 7/18/06, 8/28/09, 10/07/09, 10/3/12, 11/26/13, 6/18/18, 8/10/18, 5/12/22, 5/13/22

• Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    MD190661 wrote:
    I just scored one just by walking around Moscone for about 5 minutes and asking 3 different people. I probably got lucky, but it was easy. I offered $40 and they said OK.

Anyone know how long they might play? I a guessing about 2 hours from 10:30 to 12:30.

:o Right on!
  • Options
    MD190661 wrote:

niice!! There's hope for princess bulldozer yet! (and SOLAT too)

I pm'd her (Princess Bulldozer) the earlier post about going to Moscone. Fingers crossed.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    MD190661MD190661 Posts: 348
    The 2 people I talked to that didn't have tickets didn't even bother to go get them as they have to wait in a special line. Makes sense. These people just happened to have an extra that their friend just gave them to try to get rid of.

I am a little nervous about the non transferable part, but I assume it will all work out. I am not leaving till closer to 9, so if anyone has an issue with getting in, could you please post here?

I assume I'll get pretty close as I doubt there will be a lot of diehards.

Have fun!
    10/1/94, 6/22/95, 6/24/95, 9/16/96, 7/22/98, 10/21/01, 6/1/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 9/1/05, 7/15/06, 7/18/06, 8/28/09, 10/07/09, 10/3/12, 11/26/13, 6/18/18, 8/10/18, 5/12/22, 5/13/22

• Options
    MD190661 wrote:

Congrats! Exactly what I heard was the best way to go about it.

If it is like what I went to a few years ago ... there are actually 2 stages, the main one outside and a smaller one inside.

Sadly, I'm thinking only 90 minutes ... but, things could be different from a few years ago as this is a little bigger of a main act than when I was there and it was John Cougar Melencamp. :D

(Side note ... English Beat and Berlin were great ... as was all the free booze and stuff)

Salesforce upped the bay area ante when they threw Metallica as a main act at Dreamforce last year (and the Chili Peppers this year) ... thus why Oracle is retorting with PJ!

• Options
    NAUjackfanNAUjackfan Phoenix Posts: 2,340
    Can someone hook me up with some merch (if there is any) tonight? I can return the favor at the Vedder Vegas or Phoenix shows or just shoot you the $ and something extra from my collection.
    tumblr_mtr9t5SROk1r0d33so1_400.gif
    Click to visit the Arizona PJ Fans Page

PJ
    PHX 98|ABQ, PHX, Seattle 00|PHX 03|Arras 10|PJ20 1&2 11|Missoula 12|PHX, SD, LA 1&2 13|Denver 14|Telluride 16
    EV
    Vegas 1&2, PHX 12|Ohana 16
    TOTD
    LA 16