Options

Pizza on the grill

Comments

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    barger395 wrote:
    Damn...I'm experimenting with grilled pizza tonight myself.

Thin wheat crust, a little homemade sauce, spinach, fresh mozz, a crumbled turkey sausage and a sliced spicy chicken sausage. Oh yeah, some fresh basil from my garden added just at the end.

Best of luck 81! Thanks to you, I got some good tips!

Cheers,
    Barger

p.s. 81 and DS1119 crack me up!

let me know how it turns out and how you cook it

and thank you for your fan mail :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Hope you burn the piss out of it. :lol:
  • Options
    barger395barger395 Posts: 855
    DS1119 :mrgreen: ....Cooked it over medium heat on a Weber Q200. Took about 11 minutes...Crust firm but not dry. Thing was freaking awesome!! I'd serve this to anyone. Washed it down with Sam Adams Noble Pils and all is well. :-o

81...Hope yours turned out to be great!

Cheers,
    Barger
    Seen the Best Rock Band on the Planet a few times here and there.
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    barger395 wrote:
    DS1119 :mrgreen: ....Cooked it over medium heat on a Weber Q200. Took about 11 minutes...Crust firm but not dry. Thing was freaking awesome!! I'd serve this to anyone. Washed it down with Sam Adams Noble Pils and all is well. :-o

Cheers,
    Barger

Glad to hear yours turned out great.

Still hoping 81 ruins his. :lol:
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    norm wrote:
    pizza stone

What i use on mine all the time.

I spread corn meal on the stone, spread the dough, poke holes in the dough, then ingredients. Put to about 350 and turn dough half way through front to back for even cook....nice and crispy bottom and damn good. roughly 20-30 mins... no clock you say.. then 4 beers drank time. :D
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    Nami wrote:
    norm wrote:
    pizza stone

I spread corn meal on the stone, spread the dough, poke holes in the dough, then ingredients. Put to about 350 and turn dough half way through front to back for even cook....nice and crispy bottom and damn good. roughly 20-30 mins... no clock you say.. then 4 beers drank time. :D

Like how you keep time!! :clap:

Oh...And your techniques! :oops: :lol:

Cheers!
    Barger
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    barger395 wrote:

Cheers,
    Barger

Glad to hear yours turned out great.

Still hoping 81 ruins his. :lol:

Why thank you kind sir! 8-)
  • Options
    So 81....How was that grilled pizza of yours? :corn:

Cheers,
    Barger
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    barger395 wrote:
    So 81....How was that grilled pizza of yours? :corn:

Cheers,
    Barger

i dunno...trying it tonight.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    barger395 wrote:
    Nami wrote:
    norm wrote:
    pizza stone

Like how you keep time!! :clap:

Oh...And your techniques! :oops: :lol:

Cheers!
    Barger

Theres nothing beer cant do... :lol: When i cook ribs im half in the bag in the end ... :lol:
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    Theres nothing beer cant do... :lol: When i cook ribs im half in the bag in the end ... :lol

Beer is all powerful ya know! :lol:

Cooking sober does not work out so well for me. :nono:

Cheers,
    Barger
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    Oh damn....my dad did this in the early 80's...he's the OG of grilling pizza!!!
    i remember him spreading refried beans on one!!!!!!!! wtf.

usually after drinking alot. :lol::lol:
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    From a few weekends ago: BBQ Chicken Pizza on the grill (with my own homemade BBQ sauce and dry-rub)

Before:
    BBQ-Chicken-Pizza-Grill-Before-cropped.jpg

After:
    BBQ-Chicken-Pizza-Grill-After-cropped.jpg
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    I explained it last night on twatter. :fp:

do it here :lol:

:fp: Use a baking sheet or a pizza pan. Rub it down with some oil. I prefer extra virgin olive oil. Get the grill nice and hot and make sure the coals are as even distributed as possible. Put the pizza on the grill and turn it every minute or so. SHouldn't take more than 10 minutes. Don't turn the whole pan but the pizza on the pan. You need to be active to do it. Lift the corner of the pie and rotate it 90 degrees. The sauce and cheese only need to get hot...that's not your major concern. The crust is the major concern. As soon as the bottom of the crust get crispy (why you need to actually pick the pie up with your fingers and spin it) the pizza is done. I've done this multiple times and it works and is delicious. :corn:

i want to try this tomorrow. What's you dough recipe?
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    I'm telling ya'...do NOT use a pan or a stone on the grill. The crust will be exponentially better if you put it right on the rack over low-med flame. Oil the grate, toss the crust on one side until it just starts to crisp up. Flip it, put your toppings on, keep the lid closed as much as possible. BOOM...perfect grilled pizza!
    I've been doing it this way for years and it turns out perfect every time!

If anyone wants the most perfect homemade dough, for over or grill, let me know. I've been tinkering with my dough recipe for years and I've got an amazing one! Literally better than almost every pizza joint you'll go to...and I'm not exaggerating.
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    I'm telling ya'...do NOT use a pan or a stone on the grill. The crust will be exponentially better if you put it right on the rack over low-med flame. Oil the grate, toss the crust on one side until it just starts to crisp up. Flip it, put your toppings on, keep the lid closed as much as possible. BOOM...perfect grilled pizza!

If anyone wants the most perfect homemade dough, for over or grill, let me know. I've been tinkering with my dough recipe for years and I've got an amazing one! Literally better than almost every pizza joint you'll go to...and I'm not exaggerating.

Hey MCA, could you pm me your recipe for dough? thanks... will try and let ya know.
    c
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,575
    It's the best way to do pizza. Do it by indirect grilling so you don't overcook the crust, right on the rack, with the lid closed, and just keep the heat at about 500 degrees until it's done.

You might also want to try a "meatza"? That's great on the grill (grilling is the only way this is good, actually). The crust is ground beef and seasoning (namely garlic power to get more of a pizza-like taste to it, but it's a good thing to experiment with too, use different meat, whatever... kind of a trial and error thing). YUM! To get that onto the grill rack, just press the meat dough on a cutting board (can be quite thin if you do it right), and then flip it right onto the rack, then put on the sauce and toppings (surprisingly, perhaps, this is better if you use at least one kind of traditional meat topping like pepperoni, along with the veggies and cheese). Sounds kind of ... MEATY, I know, but it's really good if made well, and it's not like you eat 3 slices of it. Just one serving will do. :) You don't want to cook this with indirect grilling though. Just keep it over the flame, right on the rack, at about 350 or so, lid closed as often as possible. Use extra lean beef to avoid the grease fire and to make it less unhealthy.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    Nami wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

Hey MCA, could you pm me your recipe for dough? thanks... will try and let ya know.
    c

Sent! ;)
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    Do you mean on the barbecue? After it was baked and all that? That reminds me of the disgusting stuff the pizza stores offer during the holidays in Germany, like pizza with goose roast, potato dumplings and red cabbage on it :sick::lol:

bbq pizza...yup...

damn vegitarians....i'd do steaks or lobster or fish, or something...but NOOOOOO, they won't eat THAT.

:lol:

Damn, I thought we were friends! If it makes it easier for you I can bring my own lunch bag filled with yummy vegetables. :lol:
    I don't need drugs to make my life tragic~E.V.
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    Do you mean on the barbecue? After it was baked and all that? That reminds me of the disgusting stuff the pizza stores offer during the holidays in Germany, like pizza with goose roast, potato dumplings and red cabbage on it :sick::lol:

bbq pizza...yup...

damn vegitarians....i'd do steaks or lobster or fish, or something...but NOOOOOO, they won't eat THAT.

:lol:

Damn, I thought we were friends! If it makes it easier for you I can bring my own lunch bag filled with yummy vegetables. :lol:

:wave:

it's all good. hopefully i can figure it out...if so, it'll be tasty...and if not...well....there is always peanut butter and jelly.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    No need to worry, I'm an EXCELLENT cook!!

I'll get there early so I can help you prep. :lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options

:-? :problem: :lolno: :nono:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380

:lol::lol::lol:

Damn I love you :D
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:

:lol::lol::lol:

Damn I love you :D

I love you more..... I'm missing my angels and Charlie. :wave:

P.S. can't wait to see you all....I have stories :lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options

:mrgreen: Me too! Can't wait to hear about the lady from this morning and all your other adventures. I may have a tale or two to tell myself 8-)
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:

:mrgreen: Me too! Can't wait to hear about the lady from this morning and all your other adventures. I may have a tale or two to tell myself 8-)

morning lady :fp: :lol: where do you meet these people

i don't have any stories :x
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    cubBEE_girlcubBEE_girl Waiting for next year... Posts: 3,365
    Mamasan23 wrote:

I'm hoping to have a story. ;):mrgreen::lol:
    I lost a bet...
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:

I'm hoping to have a story. ;):mrgreen::lol:

:mrgreen: :thumbup:
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:

You are officially invited to cook us pizza :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

You are officially invited to cook us pizza :mrgreen:

yeah...come on over....

or at least PM your dough recipie.

thanks in advance
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg