Options

Pizza on the grill

8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
edited May 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
give me the down low
81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,858
    edited August 2012
    food network.com. Those fuckers know everything.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/search/deleg ... hType=site
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I explained it last night on twatter. :fp:
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    DS1119 wrote:

do it here :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,858
    81 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

with him the sauce would be ketchup. :nono: :mrgreen:

Check the link I posted above in my edit.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    Do you mean on the barbecue? After it was baked and all that? That reminds me of the disgusting stuff the pizza stores offer during the holidays in Germany, like pizza with goose roast, potato dumplings and red cabbage on it :sick::lol:
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    DS1119 wrote:

I saw it DS...#mandals has really been shitting on you this week! :nono:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    mickeyrat wrote:
    81 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Check the link I posted above in my edit.

thanks...saw one that looks like it might work.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

:fp: Use a baking sheet or a pizza pan. Rub it down with some oil. I prefer extra virgin olive oil. Get the grill nice and hot and make sure the coals are as even distributed as possible. Put the pizza on the grill and turn it every minute or so. SHouldn't take more than 10 minutes. Don't turn the whole pan but the pizza on the pan. You need to be active to do it. Lift the corner of the pie and rotate it 90 degrees. The sauce and cheese only need to get hot...that's not your major concern. The crust is the major concern. As soon as the bottom of the crust get crispy (why you need to actually pick the pie up with your fingers and spin it) the pizza is done. I've done this multiple times and it works and is delicious. :corn:
  • Options
    Do you mean on the barbecue? After it was baked and all that? That reminds me of the disgusting stuff the pizza stores offer during the holidays in Germany, like pizza with goose roast, potato dumplings and red cabbage on it :sick::lol:

bbq pizza...yup...

damn vegitarians....i'd do steaks or lobster or fish, or something...but NOOOOOO, they won't eat THAT.

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

:fp: Use a baking sheet or a pizza pan. Rub it down with some oil. I prefer extra virgin olive oil. Get the grill nice and hot and make sure the coals are as even distributed as possible. Put the pizza on the grill and turn it every minute or so. SHouldn't take more than 10 minutes. Don't turn the whole pan but the pizza on the pan. You need to be active to do it. Lift the corner of the pie and rotate it 90 degrees. The sauce and cheese only need to get hot...that's not your major concern. The crust is the major concern. As soon as the bottom of the crust get crispy (why you need to actually pick the pie up with your fingers and spin it) the pizza is done. I've done this multiple times and it works and is delicious. :corn:

you lost me at baking sheet. i'm going direct.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    mickeyrat wrote:

My sauce would make it move for you.
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    you lost me at baking sheet. i'm going direct.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO :nono: :fp:

DO NOT DO THAT!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    81 wrote:

bbq pizza...yup...

damn vegitarians....i'd do steaks or lobster or fish, or something...but NOOOOOO, they won't eat THAT.

What about some veggies packed in tin foil, you could also add some feta cheese in there. And I love the good old potato right out of the barby, slit open and smothered with really good butter, salt and pepper - yummmmm...
  • Options
    cubBEE_girlcubBEE_girl Waiting for next year... Posts: 3,365
    DS1119 wrote:
    '

yeah you did!! Made me want pizza at 12:30 last night. :lol:
    I lost a bet...
  • Options
    81 wrote:

bbq pizza...yup...

What about some veggies packed in tin foil, you could also add some feta cheese in there. And I love the good old potato right out of the barby, slit open and smothered with really good butter, salt and pepper - yummmmm...

i make killer sweet corn on the grill. holy crap...

i figured i should do something that we can all enjoy together. plus the crust will be good for the beer.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    pizza stone
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    '

Pizza dirty talk. :lol:
  • Options
    81 wrote:

:thumbup:
    I lost a bet...
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    pizza stone

:think:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

i figured i should do something that we can all enjoy together. plus the crust will be good for the beer.

Yeah, sounds good - good luck!!

Now I'm craving grilled sweet corn ... :fp:
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    81 wrote:
    norm wrote:
    pizza stone

i'm sure ds' way works fine but i think a pizza stone is a good investment
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    norm wrote:
    pizza stone

I'm done trying to help. :fp: Grew up cooking and eating Italian food but I know nothing. You're on your own. Enjoy your burnt bread with Ragu sauce. :fp:
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    '

Pizza dirty talk. :lol:

Well, you are quite good at the pizza dirty talk, DS. ;):lol::lol:
    I lost a bet...
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    norm wrote:
    pizza stone

I'm done trying to help. :fp: Grew up cooking and eating Italian food but I know nothing. You're on your own. Enjoy your burnt bread with Ragu sauce. :fp:

:lol: ragu.... :lol:

i'll try it tommorrow night.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    UmbertotambaUmbertotamba Posts: 1,382
    I have done it and do mine different.

Put your grill on medium flame...

next spray the bottom of your dough with pan release and put that side down on the grill.

next i rub pesto in the top side, a few lemon slices (paper thin) and shredded mozz/parm

you want a medium heat because you are using an open flame, the dough will bake on your grill close your grill and the whole pizza will bake from top and grill from the bottom.

If meats your things add some precooked chicken!!!

Tomorrows class will be Beer Can Chicken!!!
    Springfield MA 94, Hartford CT 96
  • Options
    Tomorrows class will be Beer Can Chicken!!!

didn't know i was teaching.... :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    so it sounds like there are many ways to do this, and i should expierement.....cool..i like to try new things.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    I make grilled pizza quite often. When making the dough, but sure to add an additional tablespoon of olive oil.
    While inside roll the dough out and put it on plastic wrap. I put my dough right on the grill grate/rack....med to low flame. Load up the toppings and keep the lid closed as much as you can. The crust gets nice and bubbly crusty with a little char on the bottom. Mmmmmmm! Awesome!
    If your grill is too hot, the crust will cook before the cheese melts. A tented piece of foil on top of the pizza traps in the heat better and will aid in melting the cheese.

Grilled pizza is super easy and super awesome! Just be sure to put the dough directly on the grill and keep an eye on it.
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    norm wrote:
    pizza stone
    ^^^this

and I also have

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRsPxKZddfdXCm4vKwKiHZS-RTsgplre8PqrTn-ed4B4v9SjdjEsQ
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    barger395barger395 Posts: 855
    Damn...I'm experimenting with grilled pizza tonight myself.

Thin wheat crust, a little homemade sauce, spinach, fresh mozz, a crumbled turkey sausage and a sliced spicy chicken sausage. Oh yeah, some fresh basil from my garden added just at the end.

Best of luck 81! Thanks to you, I got some good tips!

Cheers,
    Barger

p.s. 81 and DS1119 crack me up!
    Seen the Best Rock Band on the Planet a few times here and there.