shows: Shepherds Bush 110809
    Hyde Park 250610
    Bridge School Benefit 23/241010
    Manchester MEN 210612
    Amsterdam Ziggodome 270612
    Berlin '02' 040712
  • Options
    hello my cheesy friend . :D

also has everyone spotted the names of the factory on the brickwall used as a back drop...nice touch

first person wins a prize..answers on a postcards to :P
  • Options
    AliE17AliE17 Posts: 2
    Max_Ran wrote:
    This was my first Ed solo show and having read previous night's fanviews I had high hopes for a special night, and WOW what an absolutley epic night it was - so many highlights but the last hour was, as many have said, on a completely different level, I am still buzzing now; Thank you Eddie, Glen, Neil and Roger - Just incredible :D:D

My first Ed solo gig too and how awesome was it! Real relaxed and fun. So glad he did Thumbing My Way and Porch is so damn good accoustically! A real plus for me seeing Neil Finn too. Amazing night.
  • Options
    curlycurly Posts: 703
    Heisenberg wrote:
    This might be the best show Ed has ever done and I wasn't even there. Eddie we are begging you dude...please release a boot of this!

PS...I think you should return the favor and play the part of the punk (or the Godfather if you like) at The Who's February date in Columbus :D

I've posted on here in the past many times bout requesting ed boots to be released...

i have to admit though...i'm having a little change of heart...

i agree with a lot of the posts,,.."you just have to have been there"...

the boot possibley wouldnt capture the magic and could poss hurt everyone's special evening they spent with ed.....
    I've only been to one live show of ed's (st louis 2011)...it was so amazingly better than i expected...
    i new it would be cool but...wow...i didnt expect to be absolutly, flat out...simply blown away!!!

but, i also agree with......the acoustic..slower sounding show just may not pan out on a bootleg...
    hence...loosing the magic a little...so to speak...

what do ya'll think??
  • Options
    I can't even believe how awesome this must have been. Super happy for the fans in attendance, though also rather burning with intense jealousy!

I have to know: did Ed say which line Matt was singing wrong in Just Breathe? I always thought the line was "Did I say that I want you? Did I say that I need you? If I did, then I'm a fool..." which obviously really messes up the song's meaning (and made me very confused for a long time about why everyone thought it was such a delightful love song). But I would feel a lot better about making that mistake if Matt was making it too!
    Sea wrote:
    03. Just Breathe
    (Ed talks about Willie Nelson's great cover "Just Breathe" and how Willie's vocal style is all Ed can hear now while he sings the song. He also talks about what an underrated background singer and singer in general Matt Cameron is. He mentions having to correct a line Matt was singing that dramatically changed the meaning of the song.)
  • Options
    ricjoricjo Posts: 15
    Spot on! That was exactly the sentence. Ed said that sung that way, "it was a totally different song"... ;)

He did go on to say how Matt was really good at singing a certain high-toned japanese song :lol:
  • Options
    wozza77wozza77 Posts: 296
    Oh my goodness. Taken me all day to calm down

This band, this man never cease to surprise and amaze. It feels like everytime I walk from one of their shows I just cannot imagine another nite that will get close but every show there is always a highlight to make I shake your head with delight. 

I've been privileged to see some great gigs from the triumphant reading, intimate shepherds bush to the emotional O2. Every one of the 11 shows I've seen have at least 2 or 3 magic moments. After reading I thought no gig would get within touching distance, then I saw the O2 show that blew my mind. But I thought my peaks had been hit. Boy was I wrong. 

Night 1 was intimate and beautiful, falling slowly and better man was worth the price on its own. I went home happy thinking it was a great change to normal pj gigs.  Although not in my top 3. 

Night 2 took the roof off. The main setlist was perfect and they played everything I wanted (no ceiling, master of war, thumbing, moth) with the one exception of Santa cruz. I honestly would have gone home ecstatic at this point but the encores took the gig thru orbit. 

All of the guest songs were very special. For me it summed it up when once roger had finished and ed was walking off roger asked ed to take a bow to the crowd he just shook his head walked off and left roger to the applause. 

What makes this so special is that you could see it was such a special night for ed. 

I just cant see this being topped but hey I've said that before!!! That's what makes this band and this man so awesome. 

Thanks Eddie once again for a night I will never forget.
    Now it all comes down to numbers, now I'm glad that I have quit
    Folks these days just don't do nothing simple for the love of it
  • Options
    WOW...what a set!

This is a prime example of why we need EV boots.
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Options
    decided to go at the last minute so very glad i did :D something magical was in the air what a night
    manchester 00
    manchester 09
    belfast 2010
    hyde park 2010
    manchester 2012 1&2
    amsterdam 2012 1&2
    EV manchester 2012
    EV london 31/7/12
    brooklyn 2013 1&2
    milano,leeds,milton keynes 2014

monkey driven call this living
  • Options
    ricjo wrote:
    Spot on! That was exactly the sentence. Ed said that sung that way, "it was a totally different song"... ;)

He did go on to say how Matt was really good at singing a certain high-toned japanese song :lol:

That is awesome! Matt and I, kindred spirits, clearly. Thanks!
  • Options
    Cant believe I nearly didnt make last nights gig but so absolutely glad I did. It was such a special night and bought a fantastic couple of months to a close. Second nights are a must, from Manchester 2 and Berlin 2 and now the Apollo 2. Masters of War one highlight for me and every song from Into The Wild. Thanks to Eddie and the guys for the best couple of months ever.
    1996 London
    2000 London
    2006 Jools Holland, London
    2007 London
    2009 SBE London
    2009 O2 London
    2010 London
    2012 MEN 1&2, Berlin 1&2. EV Solo London 1&2
    2013 NY1, NY2, Philly 1, Philly 2
    2014 Ams 1, Ams 2, Leeds
    2016 Toronto 1
    2018 London 02 1&2
    2018 Barcelona

• Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,669
    ricjo wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfrX_wHTAno
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    simonortonsimonorton Posts: 173
    I have to know: did Ed say which line Matt was singing wrong in Just Breathe? I always thought the line was "Did I say that I want you? Did I say that I need you? If I did, then I'm a fool..." which obviously really messes up the song's meaning (and made me very confused for a long time about why everyone thought it was such a delightful love song). But I would feel a lot better about making that mistake if Matt was making it too!

I think you made the same mistake that Ed explained had made. The lyric being "Did I say that I need you?
    Did I say that I want you? Oh, if I didn't now I'm a fool you see ..." and Matt had thought it was 'If I DID' - which as Ed says, changes the meaning 180 degrees :)
    "If I knew where it was I would take you there ... there's much more than this"

Manchester 92, 09, 12 (x2)
    London 96, 00 (x2), 06, 07, 09, 10
    Reading 06
    Arras 10
    Alpine Valley 11 (x2)
    Prague 12
    Berlin 12
    Leeds 14
    Milton Keynes 14
  • Options
    wishlisa76wishlisa76 Sweden Posts: 806
    I am still trying to understand that I was actually there. First of all - Glen was amazing. And Eddie had the most beautiful voice. For me, the highlights started with Long Nights, that was an emotional moment for sure. Man of The hour, society, Falling slowly etc etc and then Throw your arms and then Roger!! I
    have no words.

I always think that I would like to give something back to Eddie, and last Night he got something for himself when his idol arrived unexpectedly! So lovely to see his
    happy face. I also loved Sleepless Nights and how the crowd got all The spotlights while Ed and Glen stood in the dark, giggling, trying to remember the lyrics.

U americans are in for a treat!!
    "I gather speed from you fucking with me"

PJ in Stockholm, Sweden, 7th July 2012. EV solo in London, 31st July 2012. PJ in Stockholm 28th of June 2014. PJ in Milton Keynes UK, 11th of July 2014, Eddie solo in London 6th of June 2017. PJ London 18th of June, 2018, and 17th of July, 2018.
  • Options
    wishlisa76wishlisa76 Sweden Posts: 806
    Sorry for the bad typing above, I am trying to text this a very annoying cell phone.
    "I gather speed from you fucking with me"

PJ in Stockholm, Sweden, 7th July 2012. EV solo in London, 31st July 2012. PJ in Stockholm 28th of June 2014. PJ in Milton Keynes UK, 11th of July 2014, Eddie solo in London 6th of June 2017. PJ London 18th of June, 2018, and 17th of July, 2018.
  • Options
    Wow! What a night!

Left home after work with my partner heading for Hammersmith,2 hours away, ticketless. After seeing Ed in Manchester (first EV solo gig) we had to try to get into the last UK show. We had no idea that we would even get in but went for it anyway. Huge thanks to Justinya who made our night happen with an incredible act of kindness. We managed to get tickets and were spoiled rotten. Still trying to digest what we witnessed. It was incredible.

I raise a glass to being spontaneous! Cheers!
  • Options
    Great, great night. So glad I made the decision to do this show. The last third of the gig was out of this world!
  • Options
    As promised!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWVrmgG7PaY

Please dont take this down, much love!
  • Options
    Well, i guess i'm the only one who is going to be able to watch this, fuck sake kat or sea or whoever, is this REALLY that big a deal?! I only wanted to share an awfully shot video of last nights gig, don't see how this is any different to any of the other videos on youtube, i thought it was a pretty cool thing to share!! ughhh
  • Options
    Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 981
    Well, i guess i'm the only one who is going to be able to watch this, fuck sake kat or sea or whoever, is this REALLY that big a deal?! I only wanted to share an awfully shot video of last nights gig, don't see how this is any different to any of the other videos on youtube, i thought it was a pretty cool thing to share!! ughhh
    To be fair it has been made pretty clear to not take photos or record during the shows. Even though this was an awesome moment and i'd love to re-live it, it sure was annoying seeing loads of people instantly grab their cameras.
  • Options
    HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    The signs were clear. The 10c message right here on this website is clear. Youtube's copyright policy is clear. The fact that every other publicly listed EV show video has been taken down makes it even more clearer. And if you know yourself that the video is awfully shot, why even bother?
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • Options
    Hinn wrote:
    The signs were clear. The 10c message right here on this website is clear. Youtube's copyright policy is clear. The fact that every other publicly listed EV show video has been taken down makes it even more clearer. And if you know yourself that the video is awfully shot, why even bother?

Sorry, unlike some, my life does not revolve entirely around this forum. So no, i did not know the policies, the signs are not clear to the passing forum viewer and poster. Get off your high horse dude, im as big a pearl jam fan as the next guy and i just wanted to share something cool with the people here, and when looking on youtube and watching through countless fan shot videos of past shows it MUST have slipped my mind that a video of Eddie playing two cover songs might actually not be copyright infringement to the band in anyway.

I just struggle with this being banned when others arent is all...
  • Options
    JustynaJustyna Posts: 132
    I always think that I would like to give something back to Eddie, and last Night he got something for himself when his idol arrived unexpectedly! So lovely to see his
    My thought exactly.
    It was so great to witness genuinely surprised Ed. In the venue which is so special to him with his idol.
    Very happy for him.
    Spodek 2000, Roskilde 2000, O2 2009, Belfast 2010, Hyde Park 2010, Wuhlheide 2010, Open'er 2010, Manchester 1&2 2012 , Amsterdam 1&2 2014, Wuhlheide 2014, Stockholm 2014, Oslo 2014, Open'er 2014, MK 2014, Amsterdam 1&2 2018, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018, Barcelona 2018, London 1&2 2018
  • Options
    HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    Sorry, unlike some, my life does not revolve entirely around this forum. So no, i did not know the policies, the signs are not clear to the passing forum viewer and poster. Get off your high horse dude, im as big a pearl jam fan as the next guy and i just wanted to share something cool with the people here, and when looking on youtube and watching through countless fan shot videos of past shows it MUST have slipped my mind that a video of Eddie playing two cover songs might actually not be copyright infringement to the band in anyway.

I just struggle with this being banned when others arent is all...
    It's getting away from the topic, and there's a stickied post to discuss it anyway, with the full explanation given, so I see no point in going any further here.
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • Options
    Wow! What a night!

Left home after work with my partner heading for Hammersmith,2 hours away, ticketless. After seeing Ed in Manchester (first EV solo gig) we had to try to get into the last UK show. We had no idea that we would even get in but went for it anyway. Huge thanks to Justinya who made our night happen with an incredible act of kindness. We managed to get tickets and were spoiled rotten. Still trying to digest what we witnessed. It was incredible.

I second that!
    Was in the same situation - impulsively decided to stay an extra night in London and see the show -- so glad I decided to go with my instincts - one of the best shows I've ever been to!
  • Options
    acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    I think Berkeley II just got knocked off the top spot!
    [sic] happens
  • Options
    Wow! What a night!

I second that!
    Was in the same situation - impulsively decided to stay an extra night in London and see the show -- so glad I decided to go with my instincts - one of the best shows I've ever been to!

I third that!!! I was with Tim AKA Critical Turnip when he decided to go for it, I had my doubts with his spontaneity (which is a first for me) and tried my hardest to secure tickets before the show and with the help of Justinya our dreams came true. We were sat in different rows in the circle at first and then all of a sudden there was a spare seat next to me that hadn't been claimed and so we were able to sit together! Well, what a show. I will never forget this.

We have sat just looking at each other in disbelief since we come back. I feel like my all senses have been overloaded! Thank you Eddie for singing Long nights among others but this song made me crumble into a weeping mess! What a night...Thanks Vedder, Hansard, Finn and Daltrey! So Glad I got to experience Manchester and the amazing night 2 in London!

Glad we have a months rest before we go to Wolverhampton to see Lanegan and The creature with an atom brain (hopefully with appearance of duke garwood) What a year!
  • Options
    JRPJRP Posts: 9
    edited August 2012
    I was very lucky to be at this show with my wife and it was a very special occasion for many many reasons. Vocals and delivery from Eddie and Glen Hansard (as well as everyone else who performed) were just fantastic and was a beautiful experience I will cherish. The set as a whole was flowing and really got a glimpse of the man behind the music. To hear some of the Into the Wild selection took me aback and just had a big grin on my face for most of the show.

Have read lots about things people weren't happy with including cameras / flashes / people moving around during seating / people shouting out between songs / atmosphere etc. Got to agree in the main, doesn't seem much consideration in society in general. You can't even go to the movies and watch a film these days without someone holding court in cinema mid movie, but I really feel some people need to work on their manners and their apparent ignorance a little at these affairs. I mentioned to many people the atmos in Manchester we experienced on night 2 of Pearl Jam was really awesome and beautiful. I felt proud I was amongst some good people that night and it made the experience even finer.

People seem to be pointing fingers at the general attendee rather than the main. This was very unfair and wrong. Some of the worst behavior I witnessed was from the organised 'fanatics'. You know the clone T-shirt gang types huddled together that think the man is just their for them and nobody else deserves to see him perform because they are not in a 'Club' and or haven't seen him play 30 times before. People really need to get a grip – it's just creepy and a little pathetic. You have no right to be there more than anyone else and your enjoyment shouldn't inflict on another persons enjoyment as well. And may I state before everyone jumps on me, not all people in groups and clubs together behaved like this. But wearing a uniform does get you noticed as a 'group' right, for better or for worse.

Example: Moaning at one person for using a camera while your 'bud' sits there doing the same is just is a pile of sh•t. I wasn't using a camera by the way – not my style. And moaning at others for various things then getting up in a seated concert and dancing for a song is way rude! And above all tragically ignorant especially for people in rows behind you. If you 'love' the artist as much as you make out you do – show some respect for him and the other people there who want a night to remember for all the right reasons. And yes, well done. You got attention. I think this was probably the main aim wasn't it? Shame the man you came to see and apparently idolise even spared a glance to look over wondering why the negative commotion in your general vicinity was happening.

To all the people that made it a great experience I say thank you and peace. To the others (you know who you are) I say evolve and respect the other people that also like the artist and their work. It is allowed.
    Post edited by JRP on
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,990
    I think all the people that have been using this Fanview topic to bitch about how others acted during the show need to work on their focus.
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    JRPJRP Posts: 9
    Spags wrote:
    I think all the people that have been using this Fanview topic to bitch about how others acted during the show need to work on their focus.
    Surely that's also part of what a Fanview is though?
    I'm not looking to get in to debates about it, just saying what I saw.

Brother, I went there to enjoy the night and did :)
    It's fine music. How can you not right.