Options

*** EV Tour London 2 Fanviews Here 7/31/12 ***

Comments

• Options
    simonortonsimonorton Posts: 173
    JRP wrote:
    ... doesn't seem much consideration in society in general ...

Hit the nail on the head - many points well made and agree with every single one of them. People seem to have an increasing sense of entitlement for themselves but a screw you attitude towards everyone else - especially when what they're doing affects others. When I mentioned to two people on Monday and Tuesday that their tweeting / getting up midsong was distracting I was told 'Not my issue bud' and had 'twat' spat in my face. Avid fans maybe, but seem to have missed the 'Look out for each other' thing that if it feels if nothing else is what PJ/Ed is all about.

Damien Rice sings :
    "And why do you sing Hallelujah
    If it means nothing to you
    Why do you sing with me at all?"

Perhaps the same could be said about Corduroy too ...
    "If I knew where it was I would take you there ... there's much more than this"

Manchester 92, 09, 12 (x2)
    London 96, 00 (x2), 06, 07, 09, 10
    Reading 06
    Arras 10
    Alpine Valley 11 (x2)
    Prague 12
    Berlin 12
    Leeds 14
    Milton Keynes 14
  • Options
    MatlockMatlock Posts: 24
    edited August 2012
    That!Was!Mindblowing!

After flying home, getting some sleep and coming down (just a little, i´m afraid...), I may be able to find some words to describe that glorious night. Expectations had been high, but then have been smashed away completely - Even before the unbelivable stuff happening during the last hour, it was great. Glen Hansard is a brillant songwriter and singer, his interaction with the (ashamlingly small) crowd during his set was both funny and moving. Perfect Company for Ed! You must check out the Frames´stuff, too, they have made some very cool albums togehter with Glen.

Then Ed was - well, very Ed! To have him only a few metres away playing and singing felt almost unreal, loved the setlist (only suggestion might be to pack in even more of the ukulele-stuff - in addition to the other songs, of course :mrgreen: - but that might be a minority-vote...). And after all, he could even just sit there and tell stories, I would still love it. How the fuck does he do that? Then beeing there when Daltrey appeared, see how happy Ed was and go crazy over it when the crowd kinda exploded in cheer - it almost knocked me out. Roger seemed very pleased by impressing Ed with his uke-ability, right? At some point I wasn´t sure if it was still excitement, or merely some kind of nervous breakdown; that smiling and criyng at the same time may have looked a bit scary to my seat neighbour on on the left, I´m afraid. Sorry and cheers by the way to Adrian (I think it was) from Bern :wave: .

A night to remember for life and definetely worth every effort it took to get there. But one thing (although not beeing the first to mention): Next time I will definetely try to get even closer to the stage, so that those standup-and-get-drinks-8-times-a-night-guys and there smartphone-film-all-colleagues can´t bother me again. What in hell is wrong with you? Ever thought about the impression that must give to the guys on stage? :fp: Maybe the house security was bit to nice by just politely asking people not to use flashlights, as it obviously did not impress anyone. And I would definetely vote for closing the bars during the show, to avoid all this run-around stuff! At least the elderly couple on my right agreed in stopping to turn their (alienlike brightlely blue shining) mobile on every 1 and a half minute to read something about the songs that were played and use ist as a lamp for some kind of setlist they had, when I asked them to. Think, they considered it a bit strange to be be criticized like that by a person who could (by age) likely be their daughter, but they accepted it and thats more than you could tell about a lot of other guys that night. Thank you!

Anyway, I had a great time and I´m proud of having been there. The buzzing still gets on and on and how I wish they have kept it for a bootleg :? Thanks to dottles for the badge again (there were no picks to grab for you, I´m afraid, but I´ll keep that in mind) and also for getting to know all you guys on the pre-gathering at distillers. Cheers to the wild bunch from poland, by the way, I will look out for your flag on every coming show!

Rock on!
    Nadine

Edit: Typo-devil was its name-o! And besides: hanging around on the forum, reading all the stuff and thinking about tue-night over and over does obviously not help to encourage my attitude towards work at all :think: Meh, gonna keep on anyway - Buzzz on!
    Post edited by Matlock on
    7/4/12 & 7/5/12 Berlin
    EV 7/31/12 London
  • Options
    moonandstarsmoonandstars UK Posts: 50
    I went to both the London solo shows, and will summarise them both here.

Night 1

I found night 1 to be both magical and spellbindng. I found myself completely lost in this show, and highlight had to be Arc. Such a beautiful eerie song. I know some people have complained about the PJ crowd pleasers in this show, but I thought it was nice to hear acoustic versions of those songs personally, particularly Lukin. I echo others comments about how well Ed and Glen's voices complemented each other on the collaborations.

Night 2

For me this was somewhat hampered by where I was sitting. Lots of people constantly getting up and down to go to the bar in front of me, particularly a bunch of very drunk and irritating teenage kids. Couldn't understand that myself as I could not have allowed myself to miss one second of that gig. I've expressed my views on cameras in the other thread but to summarise, agree with it generally under certain conditions, but not at this particular pair of gigs. Despite the constant getting up and down to let people in and out, and therefore unable to lose myself in the same way as the previous night it was a fantastic gig. So many highlights I wouldn't know where to begin! If I had to pick just one it would probably be Throw Your Arms Around Me with Neil Finn but its such a close call. I mean Roger Daltrey making a surprise appearance ffs!

At both gigs was so lovely that Ed's daughters participated, they looked so nervous! Big thanks to Ed for coming out to thank us all after the 2nd gig, and wish I had the chance to thank him for doing for me when I was young, what he told us at the gig that the Who and Quadrophenia did for him when he was young. Did manage a shout of 'Thank you Ed' along with some others though.

Finally it was lovely to meet some fellow fans at last. Have been doing this alone or with a resistent husband in tow for the past few gigs so was a treat to meet some really nice likeminded people who I plan to keep in contact with.
    28/10/1996 - Wembley Arena, London
    20/06/2012 + 21/06/2012 - Manchester Arena
    07/07/2012 - Ericsson Globe Arena, Stockholm
    30/07/2012 + 31/07/2012 - EV solo - Hammersmith Apollo, London
    08/07/2014 - First Direct Arena - Leeds
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,990
    JRP wrote:
    Surely that's also part of what a Fanview is though?
    I'm not looking to get in to debates about it, just saying what I saw.

Hey man, I wasn't meaning to direct that at you - I guess it is part of a Fanview. Just feels it's a big part from a lot of the comments I've read when seems like that is a fly buzzing around you while you looking at a waterfall - or something less wanky :lol:
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    JRPJRP Posts: 9
    Spags wrote:
    JRP wrote:
    Surely that's also part of what a Fanview is though?
    I'm not looking to get in to debates about it, just saying what I saw.

Hey man, I wasn't meaning to direct that at you - I guess it is part of a Fanview. Just feels it's a big part from a lot of the comments I've read when seems like that is a fly buzzing around you while you looking at a waterfall - or something less wanky :lol:
    No probs. Wasn't taken in offence :) Quote is not bad, don't knock yourself, but i've always been a man who viewed the universe above than concentrated on the single finger pointing into the night sky :)

Just thought it wise to mention. Can feel like you are the only one noticing these things else.
  • Options
    simonorton wrote:
    JRP wrote:
    ... doesn't seem much consideration in society in general ...

Hit the nail on the head - many points well made and agree with every single one of them. People seem to have an increasing sense of entitlement for themselves but a screw you attitude towards everyone else - especially when what they're doing affects others. When I mentioned to two people on Monday and Tuesday that their tweeting / getting up midsong was distracting I was told 'Not my issue bud' and had 'twat' spat in my face. Avid fans maybe, but seem to have missed the 'Look out for each other' thing that if it feels if nothing else is what PJ/Ed is all about.

Perhaps the same could be said about Corduroy too ...

Thanks Simon, appreciate your comment.

Was worth it alone to here Breath and Masters of War. Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez both sounded so perfect!
  • Options
    JRP wrote:
    Was worth it alone to here Breath and Masters of War. Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez both sounded so perfect!

Just Breathe you mean ? An acoustic Breath would have had me hyperventilating !

Reading 06
    Arras 10
    Alpine Valley 11 (x2)
    Prague 12
    Berlin 12
    Leeds 14
    Milton Keynes 14
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,890
    Masters. Of. War.

Everything else is second to this.
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • Options
    simonorton wrote:
    JRP wrote:

Just Breathe you mean ? An acoustic Breath would have had me hyperventilating !

You are correct. It was Just Breathe. Sorry, phone rang mid typing.

Breath acoustic – it certainly would have had you 'gasping for air'.
    Take it easy.
  • Options
    Posters for Hammersmith. Is it true they glow in the dark??

Nice touch if so. So lovely seeing so many different styles through the Pearl Jam and EV tours.
    Diversity of design, typography, colour and subject matter has been impressive.
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    JRP wrote:

Night 1 does.
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    JRP wrote:

Night 1 does.

Yeah. Night 2 is similarly green and I thought it was Glow in the Dark too. Felt a right twit standing in the dark waiting for a non glow in the dark poster to glow :(

Um - EDIT - Glen's playing the Barbican :D 30 January - https://www.barbican.org.uk/music/event ... p?id=13709

Reading 06
    Arras 10
    Alpine Valley 11 (x2)
    Prague 12
    Berlin 12
    Leeds 14
    Milton Keynes 14
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    simonorton wrote:
    redrock wrote:
    JRP wrote:

Night 1 does.

Yeah. Night 2 is similarly green and I thought it was Glow in the Dark too. Felt a right twit standing in the dark waiting for a non glow in the dark poster to glow :(
    I must admit that, even if was told they weren't supposed to glow in the dark, I did go to my little cupboard under the stairs to try it out - just in case. :oops:
  • Options
    Justyna wrote:
    I always think that I would like to give something back to Eddie, and last Night he got something for himself when his idol arrived unexpectedly! So lovely to see his
    My thought exactly.
    It was so great to witness genuinely surprised Ed. In the venue which is so special to him with his idol.
    Very happy for him.

You have both echoed my own thoughts :)

It was a wonderful moment to behold :clap:
    Stand for something or you'll fall for anything (Skindred-Stand For Something)
  • Options
    What an amazing night! You have all beautifully expressed just how AMAZING this show was and so I won't repeat everything.

I just wanted to say "thank you" to everyone who has posted and shared their thoughts, feelings etc. I am always terrible at trying to comment on or sum up a gig/concert. Mainly because it takes me so long to process and let's face it, this night took a lot of processing!

All I can say is that my heart burst- make of that what you will ;)
    Stand for something or you'll fall for anything (Skindred-Stand For Something)
  • Options
    WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,289
    My first and only EV show and he played 11 covers, it's a shame to do that with an own catalog as he has :(
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    RideRickRideRick Hoorn Posts: 703
    My first and only EV show and he played 11 covers, it's a shame to do that with an own catalog as he has :(
    :lol::lol::lol: you are deadserious right.. :lol::lol::lol:
    | Pinkpop 1992 *BEST EVER | Rotterdam 1993 | Amsterdam 1996 | Pinkpop 2000 | Arnhem 2006 | Nijmegen 2007 | Rotterdam 2009 | Nijmegen 2010 | Amsterdam I + II 2012 ** | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2012 First European Concert *EPIC*| Amsterdam I + II 2014 | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2016 night I  | Amsterdam I + II 2018 | Amsterdam I -> Canceled  +  II 2022 *EPIC
  • Options
    jondljondl Posts: 3
    What can you say!! I thought that Monday night was good, but this was something else. Neil Finn and Roger Daltrey........just awesome.

I know that Ed said that the Monday night show was being recorded, so I assume that this was too? Anyone know if they will be available for download?
  • Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    hughe thank you, 1st to the PJ merch guy for giving my daughter a free ticket on her 15th birthday and then to the crazy guy who left after 10 songs and give Dave his tickets which were Row B, thanks Dave for getting me in when I should have been driving home.

Thank YOU EDDIE for a brilliant night, great music great guests, I leapt out of my seat when Roger D showed up frigging ace, great birthday treat for my little girl :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    Have to say this sounds a fantastic gig and yep - a better setlist overall than London-1. It it my dream to listen to Thumbing my Way live - but I do think I would prefer to hear it PJ style (Chop-Suey) than acoustic but still what a buzz to hear Eddie playing this alone.

Amazing jealous of those who attended - but I honestly wouldn't swap for London-1 as a few of us meet and chatted to Eddie afterwards. The stuff of dreams, but understand that London 2 seemed to have more people waiting and he was tired. Still great of the man to at least give a shout-out.
    "Want you , In My, Rearviewmirror........."
  • Options
    Have just realised that the photographer in the stalls / sidestage for the last few songs ... the guy with the hat ... was Danny Clinch.

Looking forward to those pics surfacing somehow, somewhere ... :)

Reading 06
    Arras 10
    Alpine Valley 11 (x2)
    Prague 12
    Berlin 12
    Leeds 14
    Milton Keynes 14
  • Options
    martcsmartcs Posts: 10
    Hi Guys,
    I leave you the pictures i took of Eddie london 2, hope you like them:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 701&type=1

I'm finishing editing the 2nd part of the album of Eddie London 2. I'll upload the new one with around 20 pictures in the next days.

cheers
    Martin
  • Options
    Wasn't Jill McCormick playing on the last song? The girl on the left side looked like her. Don't have any photos of it but someone else might have that.

If so, the whole family was on stage during the show.....
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Wasn't Jill McCormick playing on the last song? The girl on the left side looked like her. Don't have any photos of it but someone else might have that.

That wasn't a girl :shock: ... you mean the guy playing the uke? Stood next to Elroy playing the drums?

EDIT: just been told it is Tim Robbins son Miles :)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    chime wrote:

That wasn't a girl :shock: ... you mean the guy playing the uke? Stood next to Elroy playing the drums?

EDIT: just been told it is Tim Robbins son Miles :)

Damn, looked like a girl :o need new glasses :shock:
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    V V wrote:
    hughe thank you, 1st to the PJ merch guy for giving my daughter a free ticket on her 15th birthday and then to the crazy guy who left after 10 songs and give Dave his tickets which were Row B, thanks Dave for getting me in when I should have been driving home.

Thank YOU EDDIE for a brilliant night, great music great guests, I leapt out of my seat when Roger D showed up frigging ace, great birthday treat for my little girl :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Yey:) more than happy to help:) worked out great for all of us, such a magical night all the way around.
    Glad to have shared it with you xx
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    simonorton wrote:
    Have just realised that the photographer in the stalls / sidestage for the last few songs ... the guy with the hat ... was Danny Clinch.

I was standing next to him, he noticed my arm in a sling and moved someone so I could take a photo with my phone after checking I didn't have flash on :lol::D
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    dottles wrote:
    simonorton wrote:

I was standing next to him, he noticed my arm in a sling and moved someone so I could take a photo with my phone after checking I didn't have flash on :lol::D

He must have switched sides towards the end then as he spent most of the show crouching or sitting on the floor next to the stage in the left hand side aisle taking photos or taking photos from a seat in row b on the same aisle. When he first went up there the staff tried to shoo him away but then he was left alone for the rest of the show after flashing his pass :lol:

Recognised him as we had spotted him in O'Hare on the way back from PJ20.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,559
    pretty pretty please let this be available on a decent quality boot
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • Options
    Hi everyone! by any change does anyone have recorded Can't Keep or Rise from the second night in London?