Options

*** EV Tour London 2 Fanviews Here 7/31/12 ***

Comments

• Options
    Max_RanMax_Ran Posts: 9
    This was my first Ed solo show and having read previous night's fanviews I had high hopes for a special night, and WOW what an absolutley epic night it was - so many highlights but the last hour was, as many have said, on a completely different level, I am still buzzing now; Thank you Eddie, Glen, Neil and Roger - Just incredible :D:D
    18/08/2009 - London
    20/06/2012 - Manchester
    31/07/2012 - EV Solo - London 2
    08/07/2014 - Leeds
    11/07/2014 - Milton Keynes
    17/07/2018 - London 2
    08/07/2022 - London 1
  • Options
    UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    This thread needs to be closed down to curb the self harm activity from those (myself included) that only attended night 1...

Thumbing My Way, Picture In A Frame, Man of the Hour, Masters of War would have made my night on their own but....

I'm One, Blue Red & Grey, Naked Eye....... :fp: :fp: :fp:

Please move away now, this did not happen, this did not happen on the night I didn't go to...
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • Options
    JollyJolly Posts: 100
    simonorton wrote:
    TigaSefi wrote:
    It was a good gig but god damn... the amount of people pissing off to get a drink or empty their bladder was borderline fuckin' ridiculous!!!! :x

Agree 100%. At least wait until between songs ? I suggested this to one lady whose response was to call me a twat.

*sighs*

Haha, yup rather annoying - I was the guy sat to your left -hi! :wave:
  • Options
    TigaSefiTigaSefi Posts: 278
    Jolly wrote:
    simonorton wrote:
    TigaSefi wrote:
    It was a good gig but god damn... the amount of people pissing off to get a drink or empty their bladder was borderline fuckin' ridiculous!!!! :x

Agree 100%. At least wait until between songs ? I suggested this to one lady whose response was to call me a twat.

*sighs*

Haha, yup rather annoying - I was the guy sat to your left -hi! :wave:

:D

Apologies for my post, it's meant to say bordering rather than borderline :fp: and I wanted to punch some of the people that held their cameras up for an extended period of time like filming so HARD!!! Jeez!!
    London 02 18/09/2009 London Hyde Park 25/06/2010 Arras 03/07/2010 Werchter 04/07/2010 Manchester 21/06/2012 Amsterdam 26/06/2012 Stockholm 07/07/2012 Portland 29/11/2013 Spokane 30/11/2013 Amsterdam 16/06/14 Leeds 08/07/14 London 02 Arena 18/06/2018 London 02 Arena 17/07/2018 London Hyde Park 08/07/2022 London Hyde Park 09/07/2022
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,990
    Night 1 was really special being my first Eddie show, it was all spellbinding and magical. Last night was much more of a party and it was so great to end my Summer of PJ with an insanely happy Ed. I loved hearing Masters of War, Picture In A Frame and the PJ songs. Sleepless Nights was initially harder to enjoy due to the hyped crowd, but they kept fucking it up so much that it turned out to be a wonderful moment. Again the stories were great – almost killing Kings of Leon at a clay pigeon shooting event was top fun. The Memphis Three stuff was really touching and Ed having to explain the words Vagina and Penis to his daughters on the plane home proper funny moments. But yeah, after Ed making such a point about how amazing it was to play the Apollo, due to The Who album cover (liked the guy who started chanting We Are The Mods which Ed picked up on), and then Roger Daltrey coming out…and playing a fucking Uke…stuff of dreams! I read about these epic shows over the years, finally I was at one and it was gooooood. Closing with Dream A LIttle Dream was the prefect end.

I'm like this now forever :D
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    KM228407KM228407 Posts: 56
    How lucky am I :D The whole night was great from start to finnish! too many highlights to choose from I've loved Throw your arms around me since I got a sydney bootleg many moons ago. I think it was the first time they sang together, so that was special!! Then Eddie's pride filled the room when Roger Daltrey came on stage. WOW I saw Eddie Vedder in Hammersmith Apollo as a west london girl that will never be topped. :clap:
  • Options
    1st night I was pissed about the cameras and the WOOOOO'ing but last night not even a drunk arsehole who Luke's (love-boat-captain) dad (I hope?!?!?!?! :D ) threatened to knock out could ruin that night.

perfect perfect show.

Sometimes opener brought me back to SBE in '09, Thumbing my way, man of the hour and masters of war were highlights for me. I have wanted to hear MOTH live ever since i heard it on benaroya and it was even better live that i could have imagined.

Parting ways was played with distortion on electric and it sounded incredible.

Ed's stories to the casual bystander could be seen as name dropping about the famous people he knows, but he is so humble with his tales that they are just incredibly sincere.

Roger Daltry was the icing on the cake of an incredible summer seeing this band/man.
    Sealed vinyl is bad vinyl.
    1996 Wmbly London
    2006 Jools Holland, London / Reading festival
    2007 Wmbly London
    2009 SBE London / O2 London
    2012 MEN 1/ MEN 2 / Berlin 1 / Berlin 2 / EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2013 NY 1/ NY 2 / Philly 1 / Philly 2
    2014 AMS 1 / AMS 2 / Leeds / MK
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • Options
    I just sent a text to the Metro paper's good deed feed to thank eddie for his show on behalf of the fans. Hope they print it!! (bit of a long shot though!)
    "We have to change the concept of patriotism to one of “matriotism” — love of humanity that transcends war. A matriarch would never send her own children off to wars that kill other people’s children." Cindy Sheehan
    ---
    London, Brixton, 14 July 1993
    London, Wembley, 1996
    London, Wembley, 18 June 2007
    London, O2, 18 August 2009
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 31 July 2012
    Milton Keynes Bowl, 11 July 2014
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 06 June 2017
    London, O2, 18 June 2018
    London, O2, 17 July 2018
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 09 June 2019
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 10 June 2019

• Options
    JustynaJustyna Posts: 132
    Officially yesterday was a day of my life.
    Firstly Glen's performance was fabulous. And I believe everyone who attended, enjoyed it a lot. And for once there were no stupid comments from the crowd or rude whistling.

Ed's show was just outstanding. It is just hard to find the words to describe it. I loved it. When Ed started to play 'Parting Ways' I was in my own Heaven, he just has read my mind. It sent the shiver down my spine. Whenever I am going to see PJ I am the first row freak but yesterday I was row L in stalls, night before with 10C tickets row A in the circle but it didn't matter at all.

After the show the small crowd has congregated at the exit. Around 1:10 in the morning Ed step outside his van explained he was tired and missed his family for 5 days, had a morning flight to catch and thanked people for coming. As it was still over 60 people waiting for him I believe it was simply far too many to make it personal.

My one year old daughter and I were in the front of the venue's gate around 3 in the afternoon and we waved to Ed's van as it was driving in. I wasn't even sure if Ed was inside the van because there was no security at the gate at that time. Couple minutes later a Lady from Ed's crew approached me and gave me a handful of picks saying that Ed wanted us to have them. That was very sweet and completely unexpected.
    What a fabulous day!

P.S. The extra bonus was meeting another fantastic PJ fans and making new friends.
    All in all priceless experience.

Can not wait another PJ or Eddies Europe tour.
    Spodek 2000, Roskilde 2000, O2 2009, Belfast 2010, Hyde Park 2010, Wuhlheide 2010, Open'er 2010, Manchester 1&2 2012 , Amsterdam 1&2 2014, Wuhlheide 2014, Stockholm 2014, Oslo 2014, Open'er 2014, MK 2014, Amsterdam 1&2 2018, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018, Barcelona 2018, London 1&2 2018
  • Options
    No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126
    I wish I was in London and not for the Olympics..that was the Olympic stelist from EV- just Brilliant and to see Neil Finn, Glenn and Daltrey with him all in one night- Just Brilliant- very jealous
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • Options
    JacksterJackster Posts: 14
    I knew i should not enter here today.... Fuck, it was completely impossible for me to stay one more night in London....and what a show i missed my god: Sometimes, Man Of The Hour, Parting Ways, Thumbing My Way, Masters Of War....and Roger Daltrey.... Lucky ones people who attended yesterdat.....
    2000 Barcelona
    2006 Vitoria, Madrid
    2007 Madrid
    2009 Berlin
    2010 Berlin, Bilbao, Lisbon
    2011 PJ20 1&2
    2012 Berlin 1&2, Copenhagen, EV London 1
    2014 Milano, Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm
    2017 EV Dublin
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,500
    Another example of why you need to hit more than one show.
    You just never know what can happen in a big city on any given night!

I don't hear anyone griping about the ticket prices now!

Damn that looks like a classic show on paper.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,855
    The stuff of Legend

after seeing the manchester and london night one shows, i figured manchester would edge the tour for me because it was my first Ed Ved solo experience and it would always affect me the most because it was unique and throwing in long Road - well i thought it was the icing on the cake. London night 1 was obviously amazing too.....but Manchester was still carrying the torch.

Then bang last night threw that right out the window. Second night syndrome strikes again.

To be honest the Roger Doultry thing was just the icing on the cake, the moment that topped the evening off. Up to them I was so happy already having got the two songs I really wanted to hear on the tour - man of the hour and parting ways. Both absolutely amazing.

to think we also got thumbing my way, picture in a frame, driftin, masters of war, the Into the wild selection that just never gets tired, throw your arms around me with Neil, the genius that is falling slowly and the beautiful sleepness nights.....before Roger even appeared was already sending me home grinning like a 3 year old.

Then to see Eddie in awe at his hero and his face at that surprise ....it was just perfect. I can only describe it as if it was me in 20 years having m,ade a career in music to be playing a show and having eddie wander on stage to surprise me and sit down and play a few tunes......You could tell how Blown away Ed was.......

So a very happy Ed at the end of the show, he didnt seem to want to leave, even coming back for the third encore, and spending a lot of time just looking out.

So nice for his family to come join him too.....adorable having his little ones help him on stage.

I consider myself super lucky to have caught the most magnificent run of shows in June and July, and even more so to say I saw Amsterdam 2 and the EV london 2. Two shows that were absolutely priceless. Precious memories indeed.
  • Options
    simonortonsimonorton Posts: 173
    edited August 2012
    TigaSefi wrote:
    Apologies for my post, it's meant to say bordering rather than borderline :fp: and I wanted to punch some of the people that held their cameras up for an extended period of time like filming so HARD!!! Jeez!!

Not at all :)

As much as all the technology and (anti) social media stuff gets on my nerves and distracts me massively, I can kind of go with a quick photo (heck, I did it myself at the end, knowing everyone's on their feet, house lights on etc) but cameras and phones with video on now means those screens can be held aloft for minutes at a time now and last night I saw what I think is the beginning of the next stage - people taking pictures on iPads ??!

It's not just that these various elements take away from other people's enjoyment, but you have to question the 'quality' of these pics and videos. They're cropping up online today and most photos are pretty shonky whilst the videos just fail to capture anything of the moment - the atmosphere, the feeling, the vibe of the whole thing. There's a bit in The Beach by Alex Garland where he talks about never taking a camera on his travels with him because photographs train your mind and memory to only remember those parts. The bits in between get forgotten and lost. The best photos, he says, are the ones you don't take because they exist in your memory and become much richer and more meaningful as a result. Even just watching ten seconds of a Falling Slowly clip from Manchester has taken away a little of what that moment was about because it simply doesn't represent it, it doesn't look the same, it doesn't feel the same, but that footage can so easily over-write the existing memory.

I think this is becoming quite a divisive issue (and it's interesting how there's not many posts from people who explain how talking / photographs / getting up for the bar or a pee mid song really *adds* to the whole experience) and it's clearly something feel passionate about on both sides. I can't make someone experience a concert in the way I want to, but I can let them know when their way is spoiling mine. Though as I mentioned last night, this can just reward you with a mouth full of abuse. When you consider the PJ way - the community, the spirit, the togetherness, the not being an asshole, the looking out for one another I have to scratch my head to wonder why people are like that. I guess they just don't get it or are, quite simply, an arse.
    Post edited by simonorton on
    "If I knew where it was I would take you there ... there's much more than this"

Manchester 92, 09, 12 (x2)
    London 96, 00 (x2), 06, 07, 09, 10
    Reading 06
    Arras 10
    Alpine Valley 11 (x2)
    Prague 12
    Berlin 12
    Leeds 14
    Milton Keynes 14
  • Options
    this ED show will never be topped..

even ed thought it was very specail..you just had to be there..that room buzzed.

what a way for me to finish my pj\ed for the year..

come on ed..dont make us wait forever
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    To be honest the Roger Doultry thing was just the icing on the cake, the moment that topped the evening off. Up to them I was so happy already having got the two songs I really wanted to hear on the tour - man of the hour and parting ways. Both absolutely amazing.

Quoting for truth.

After porch when he went off for the encore I actually said to my mum as a joke "shall we go now" as I had heard what I wanted, well except for Crazy Mary but I can take that hit :mrgreen:

Everything in the encores was just bonus after bonus.

I'm flying to the US next week to see some of my favourite hardcore bands play in Philly, old bands that are re-uniting and it's going to be great, but I know nothing will be able to touch the shows this summer..................... Well until I see texas is the reason in NY in October. That could change everything up
    Sealed vinyl is bad vinyl.
    1996 Wmbly London
    2006 Jools Holland, London / Reading festival
    2007 Wmbly London
    2009 SBE London / O2 London
    2012 MEN 1/ MEN 2 / Berlin 1 / Berlin 2 / EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2013 NY 1/ NY 2 / Philly 1 / Philly 2
    2014 AMS 1 / AMS 2 / Leeds / MK
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • Options
    man..i hope they are recording these shows for sale! THis is an insane set list! This would be a must own!
    Shoes...Shoes for my friends!
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Roger :shock:
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    man..i hope they are recording these shows for sale! THis is an insane set list! This would be a must own!

I don't know if this has been posted elsewhere but I know on Monday Ed qualified a story he was telling by saying (and I paraphrase) - 'and you'll know this is true because they're recording this' ..

Who knows what that might mean, but that's what he said :)
    Post edited by simonorton on

Reading 06
    Arras 10
    Alpine Valley 11 (x2)
    Prague 12
    Berlin 12
    Leeds 14
    Milton Keynes 14
  • Options
    kristmacekristmace Posts: 212
    Even without the guests, it was a very special show. Atmosphere seemed much better than the first night, and song like Picture in a Frame, Masters of War, Driftin and The One made it a very good show.....

Then Neil Finn came out....
    This is awesome...

Then Roger Daltrey came out...
    This is LEGENDARY...

Those there will never forget it. Just went into the stratosphere at the end.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Astoria; Dublin; Leeds
    2007: Wembley; Nijmegen
    2008: New York I & II
    2009: Shepherds Bush; Manchester; London
    2010: Hyde Park
    2012: Manchester I & II; EV London I & II
    2014: Stockholm; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2017: EV Dublin
    2018: London II
    2019: EV London

• Options
    So after three shows in four days - and a Glen Hansard lunchtime spot at Rough Trade - time to try to let it all sink in ... !

Been a massive fan of the Frames for almost as long as Pearl Jam - through Swell Season to where Glen is now. So to see this relationship develop has been just such a fantastic and special thing. I was so fortunate to be able to go to PJ20 last year and to see Glen there was wonderful and I loved standing in a crowd of mainly Americans who hadn't heard of him before he came on thinking - I know what you're just about to see and you're going to love it. And they did ! To feel that recognition and warmth and joy spread in those moments was something I'll never forget. Then when Ed announced these dates - which I think so many of us had been craving for so long - I hoped against hope that the US Ed /Glen thing would be repeated here and needless to say I was stoked when I found out it was happening.

Manchester on Saturday and, even though Glen cut his set short, I thought it was fantastic - the way he worked and reached out, how he unplugged to work that opposite dynamic and then took Astral Weeks as the biggest 'Well fuck you then' ! Brilliant. All the excitement and newness was there on Saturday (and kicking off with Don't Be Shy - could I ask for more?!) - Monday night was great Ten Club seats at the front of the balcony but last night, with the surprises and all that was going on there was just something else. I'm sure there's a lot of jealous people out there and this will go down as one of *those* gigs I think. I can't imagine what Ed must have been going through onstage with Roger Daltrey. Thumbing My Way, Masters of War, Sleepless Nights wow, but highlight for me personally has to be Throw Your Arms Around Me with Neil Finn. Oh. My. God.

So yes. This will take a while to digest but I know these three nights are going to live in my heart and memory for a long, long time :) Thanks Ed and everyone who made this possible. And if anyone is at the Union Chapel for Glen in September - see you there !

Reading 06
    Arras 10
    Alpine Valley 11 (x2)
    Prague 12
    Berlin 12
    Leeds 14
    Milton Keynes 14
  • Options
    Yeah!!!! it was fucking amazing, couldnt believe it when Roger Daltrey came on, the fucking WHO man!!!!

ive got both songs on film on my camera, i kept it rolling between the two songs they did, it will be up on youtube soon!!

Amazing night, so many songs ive wanted to hear for ages were played

just fucking awesome! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Anyone who attended this show was very very fortunate indeed!!! :D

Please, please, please release the boot of this concert (or perhaps a CD/DVD combo! :D ) so that all of us can experience this very very special evening!!! :clap::clap::clap:
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    UKDave wrote:
    This thread needs to be closed down to curb the self harm activity from those (myself included) that only attended night 1...

Thumbing My Way, Picture In A Frame, Man of the Hour, Masters of War would have made my night on their own but....

Please move away now, this did not happen, this did not happen on the night I didn't go to...

Dave... :(

When Ed started Man Of The Hour I turned to Pippa and said something along the lines of you missing the wrong show... think she phoned you up at that point, did you get to hear any of it?
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    jrd wrote:
    UKDave wrote:

Dave... :(

When Ed started Man Of The Hour I turned to Pippa and said something along the lines of you missing the wrong show... think she phoned you up at that point, did you get to hear any of it?

The only way I can stop myself repeatedly banging my head on the wall until it bleeds is to tell myself it didn't happen... I got Man of the Hour and Masters of War from Pip which would have been high on my wishlist but, but, but... Thumbing My Way I've wanted to see forever, huge fan of Tom Waits so Picture In A Frame and the absolute ball kickers of I'm One (ffs), Naked Eye and Blue, Red & Grey with Rog... then throw in Driftin, Sometimes, Parting Ways etc... It just didn't happen, can't have... :nono:
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • Options
    Spags wrote:
    Night 1 was really special being my first Eddie show, it was all spellbinding and magical. Last night was much more of a party and it was so great to end my Summer of PJ with an insanely happy Ed.

Totally agree with this. The first night was my first Eddie show and I think it flows so well. I have to admit it was a lot better than I was expecting. I haven't been lookig at set lists and I've not even seen his DVD as I wanted it all to be a surprise. A lot of people have used the word magic and that perfectly captures it for me. I actually prefer his solo stuff in this setting than the Pearl Jam songs, it just works so well.

Second night didn't have the same flow but it was a total fan service. It is incredible how he has continued the Pearl Jam tradition of 30 songs and a different set each night when he could easily do the same show and still get the plaudits.

There needs to be at least a boot of this. As Ed said they were recording on night 1 and as it was a venue of importance to him, perhaps an official release? I'm pretty sure they didn't video it so I don't think a DVD is on the cards.
  • Options
    JMoJMo Posts: 1,071
    Jealous.
  • Options
    I think what we have here is clearly a case of collective hallucination...

I suffered early symptons on the Monday night, imagining that Pete would turn up for a Who medley but the collective state obviously got stronger as the 2 days progressed to the point where everyone who attended actually believed this happened... I'm not buying it... ;)
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,990
    Well, there is no evidence...
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    Holy Shit!