Facebook Bulls$@t

Comments

• xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Posts: 9,232
    Facebook is good for two things - free tickets and people wishing you a happy birthday who otherwise don't talk to you. I actually comment on other's people's crap all the time.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,891
    I use facebook to read and share news items that I think are important but aren't generally in the mainstream media, and to feed certain interests (ie, JAA, other bands i like, some of my favorite authors, the political party I support, etc), so I like it. And it's great when you're watching a big hockey game and everyone is chatting about it in real time. But I don't understand why people feel the need to share every detail of their lives... I mean, taking photos of everything you eat?? Telling everyone that you're sleepy and are going to bed early?? Wtf is that about??? :lol: like anyone cares! And i am definitely ver sick off all the crap about everyone's kids. Fyi people, they are only interesting to you. :lol: And I hate those damned posts about how if I don't repost some message I'm a bad person who doesn't support cancer research or who doesn't care about bullying. Fuck off!!
    Facebook CAN be useful though. Just ignore all that stupid personal crap if you don't like it. I obviously get something out of some of the crap people have to say and saying crap myself... I'm on this forum often enough after all! :D
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    did i mention i love fb. can't we all just be friends

https://www.facebook.com/soft.jones
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    goldrush wrote:
    megatron wrote:
    and you can't really bitch about something that you signed up for
    :clap:

I like Facebook - there I've said it. Everyone on my friends list is a genuine friend that I know, like and want to keep in touch with. It's the easiest way for me to keep in touch with friends and family, most of whom live over 10,000 miles away. Of course it will never replace calling them, emailing or chatting to them on Skype but if I want to see how they are doing I can see it on FB.

As many have said before me, if you don't like it don't do it. I can't believe that people would sign up for it without knowing what it was like beforehand, it's hardly a secret is it?

And yes, some of the bitching and totally random posts on these forums are as bad, if not worse, than FB... but I love this place even more and won't be leaving here any time soon!

Agreed. And it is soooo easy to control exactly what you do and don't want to see. I love it because I have signed up for status updates from all the local music venues in my area...come the weekend, I know whats going on across the whole county with music and such.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    I like to check in and let people know when I'm taking a poop.
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    goldrush wrote:
    megatron wrote:
    and you can't really bitch about something that you signed up for
    :clap:

I like Facebook - there I've said it. Everyone on my friends list is a genuine friend that I know, like and want to keep in touch with. It's the easiest way for me to keep in touch with friends and family, most of whom live over 10,000 miles away. Of course it will never replace calling them, emailing or chatting to them on Skype but if I want to see how they are doing I can see it on FB.

As many have said before me, if you don't like it don't do it. I can't believe that people would sign up for it without knowing what it was like beforehand, it's hardly a secret is it?

And yes, some of the bitching and totally random posts on these forums are as bad, if not worse, than FB... but I love this place even more and won't be leaving here any time soon!

This is how I view it. I actually like seeing people's kids, at least the people I'm friends with who aren't hidden. My nieces and nephews live far away so it's nice to see pictures of them on a regular basis. Same for good friends' kids who live out of state.

It's funny there are some people who are so annoying that I have hidden them and some who are so bad that I keep them in my timeline to see what idiotic thing they will post next!
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    i log in to read a message..and it looks different..wtf is timeline..i didnt choose this thing..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    Facebook? what's that?
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    i log in to read a message..and it looks different..wtf is timeline..i didnt choose this thing..

:lol::lol::lol:

it just changed for you? Fuckerberg decided that you needed it...so he changed it for you....and you can't change back. (or so I've been told)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:

it just changed for you? Fuckerberg decided that you needed it...so he changed it for you....and you can't change back. (or so I've been told)
    Fuckerberg???who the fuck is he??he fucks bergers?
    he choose it for me??wtf?
    cant change it back?..it says till 7 august do what ever u want with your fotos??something like that..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,874
    Im ready to delete my account. I'm so tired of seeing the pics where people want to to "like" or "share" this pic. People exploit and disrespect others misfortunes. Like a pic of a baby that has been beaten and is in a hospital bed. "like" if you feel bad for this beaten baby??!??? Really? You assholes. You need to post that pic so you can get thousands of likes. Loosers.
    Pics of soldiers. "share" if you want to send a prayer to this guy do he comes home safe?? Serious?
    The one that put me over the edge I just saw. The 2 guys who jumped in front of they're girlfriends in Colorado to save them. "like"if these 2 are your heroes. People need to grow the fuck up.

i've been having these same thoughts

although i'm more annoyed by people who make a big deal out of leaving or taking a break from facebook... so i've been quietly stewing ;)

the ecard thing is way out of control too
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,874
    RKCNDY wrote:

cant change it back?..it says till 7 august do what ever u want with your fotos??something like that..

just switch to timeline and shut up ;)

look at my page... it's timeline... yours will be that way soon too

why fight it ;)
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i wish i knew my facebook password
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    RKCNDY wrote:
    [

just switch to timeline and shut up ;)

look at my page... it's timeline... yours will be that way soon too

why fight it ;)
    you are this fuckerberg???..and u put me in your cover photos to convince me???
    btw,im changing my name to Dimitris Fuckerhotdog... :fp: :lol:
    RKCNDY wrote:

Fuckerberg=Zukerberg, Marc Zukerberg the guy who founded Facebook...I call him fucker, because he likes to fuck around with facebook all the time, always changing things, I can't keep up.

Timeline, most of us in the US had to change to it a while ago. All your posts and photos are grouped into years.
    So you can post a photo in the 1991 section of Timeline, people will know it's from 1991.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    [

Fuckerberg=Zukerberg, Marc Zukerberg the guy who founded Facebook...I call him fucker, because he likes to fuck around with facebook all the time, always changing things, I can't keep up.

Timeline, most of us in the US had to change to it a while ago. All your posts and photos are grouped into years.
    So you can post a photo in the 1991 section of Timeline, people will know it's from 1991.
    oh..yeah..fuckerberg...i dont even remember what i ate last night..how the fuck ill remember when a foto was taken?? :fp: :lol:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    And i am definitely ver sick off all the crap about everyone's kids. Fyi people, they are only interesting to you. :lol:

here ya go!
    http://www.seattlepulp.com/stories/Chro ... 77116.html

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    And i am definitely ver sick off all the crap about everyone's kids. Fyi people, they are only interesting to you. :lol:

here ya go!

that's all I do at facebook, post photos and things about my kids
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

here ya go!

Sorry, didn't occur to me that I would offend. :oops: ... Just having a wall completely filled with stuff about children I don't know is boring.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

Sorry, didn't occur to me that I would offend. :oops: ... Just having a wall completely filled with stuff about children I don't know is boring.

no offense at all , I was half joking. I do use FB to share pictures with family and friends, it's actually a decent way to do that. However, I don't post things there a lot, I don't go crazy with it
    PJ_Soul wrote:

guess you don't know that I'm not a fan of kids. I haven't seen any posts from rick...I'm assuming he un-friended me. :lol:

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

guess you don't know that I'm not a fan of kids. I haven't seen any posts from rick...I'm assuming he un-friended me. :lol:

I think I'll go put all the baby pictures for you to see :mrgreen:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

:lol: I didn't, but I did not see any kids photos on your facebook, so :thumbup: :lol:
    sometimes, someone will put something funny on FB. I found this to be very funny:

527242_10151066091543815_1882060678_n.jpg
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    RKCNDY wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

he never posts anything....

i did figure out how to remove my cousin from my "news" stream
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

he never posts anything....

i did figure out how to remove my cousin from my "news" stream
    Oh yeah, I forgot all about that feature! I once had to use it on a friend who posted shit like this literally 20 times a day:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTICcClBRx9TTJ90GAoKvsDsNyraWumEJXH6mD9nZ4WTmFbcRxmkDy3Xm2v

:fp:
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Just de-activated my account this morning. Loving it...
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Oh yeah, I forgot all about that feature! I once had to use it on a friend who posted shit like this literally 20 times a day:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTICcClBRx9TTJ90GAoKvsDsNyraWumEJXH6mD9nZ4WTmFbcRxmkDy3Xm2v

:fp:

:lol:

I think I have about half the folks on my FB blocked from the news feed because of crap like this.
    I have one i'm considering blocking, but its just so tempting to see the trainwreck-- everyday she posts conspiracy theory stuff about 9/11, FEMA camps, and now the Colorado shooter was an inside job. :?
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    wtf with timeline shit..you fuckerberger
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    wtf with timeline shit..you fuckerberger

Yeah I HATE the timeline.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2