Facebook Bulls$@t

faceinthecloudsfaceintheclouds Posts: 1,739
edited August 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Im ready to delete my account. I'm so tired of seeing the pics where people want to to "like" or "share" this pic. People exploit and disrespect others misfortunes. Like a pic of a baby that has been beaten and is in a hospital bed. "like" if you feel bad for this beaten baby??!??? Really? You assholes. You need to post that pic so you can get thousands of likes. Loosers.
Pics of soldiers. "share" if you want to send a prayer to this guy do he comes home safe?? Serious?
The one that put me over the edge I just saw. The 2 guys who jumped in front of they're girlfriends in Colorado to save them. "like"if these 2 are your heroes. People need to grow the fuck up.
Just, not enough.
I need more.
Nothing seems to satisfy.
I said, I dont want it.
I just need it.
To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    Im ready to delete my account.
    Do it. I'm not on FB, but I know a few people who have deleted their accounts and are much happier for having done so.
    ELITIST FUK
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,435
    Facebook=Fantasy Island

Where people who havent held a job in 10 years......
    Go to announce to the world that they are the CFO, and CEO of their own company.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Im ready to delete my account. I'm so tired of seeing the pics where people want to to "like" or "share" this pic. People exploit and disrespect others misfortunes. Like a pic of a baby that has been beaten and is in a hospital bed. "like" if you feel bad for this beaten baby??!??? Really? You assholes. You need to post that pic so you can get thousands of likes. Loosers.
    Pics of soldiers. "share" if you want to send a prayer to this guy do he comes home safe?? Serious?
    The one that put me over the edge I just saw. The 2 guys who jumped in front of they're girlfriends in Colorado to save them. "like"if these 2 are your heroes. People need to grow the fuck up.

Looks like somebody needs a Poke
  • London BridgeLondon Bridge Posts: 4,733
    Facebook=Fantasy Island

Go to announce to the world that they are the CFO, and CEO of their own company.

Hey Speedy, this will be me :P

...but seriously, Facebook :nono:
    Never did it and never will.
  • faceinthecloudsfaceintheclouds Posts: 1,739

Looks like somebody needs a Poke
    :nono: :lol:
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,435
    Facebook=Fantasy Island

Hey Speedy, this will be me :P

...but seriously, Facebook :nono:
    Never did it and never will.
    Facebook

Where 40 year olds who cant function in the REAL WORLD.....
    Go to make themselves look important....

Good morning my friend..
    How ya been????
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    I am sick of people I have never met and do not know (mutual friends with my friends/family) trying to add me.
    F OFF!
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    meh...i try to ignore those assclowns. I only use it cuz it's a great place to store pics! Just block those fucktards!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • KevinmanKevinman Posts: 1,909

Did you delete your account yet? I almost joined a few times, but never did, and it seems like I made the right choice.
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    meh...i try to ignore those assclowns. I only use it cuz it's a great place to store pics! Just block those fucktards!
    I store my pics on Shutterfly, free and they usually have some great deals on prints.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • LiLiNY81LiLiNY81 Posts: 775
    I can't stand the "like if..." or the "share if..." posts. I keep my Facebook for the sole purpose of keeping in contact with friends that have moved and family. There isn't a single person on my friends list that I don't know personally, and I intend to keep it that way.

What really grinds my gears are the people that post pic after pic after pic of their kids. It's like they have a motion sensor on their camera and every single move the kid makes, it takes a picture. You're kid's an asshole, like everyone else's :lol: :fp:
    "Now YOU listen. When we are on this ship, you are to refer to me as 'Idiot' not 'You Captain'!"
    saldoubledutchgif_zps889c30d5.gif
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    edited July 2012
    i keep my facebook acount only cos i want to get updates from some friends,post this intresting posts:

im going shoping with my mom!!we both getting new shoes for her birthday party next week!!whoohoo!!
    Post edited by dimitrispearljam on
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • I get a kick out of this whenever one of these threads pop up. Are you not aware of the options you have control over? You can block anyone on your list without them ever knowing, and some people act like it's Facebook itself that is exposing them to all of this. It's your "friends" or family that you approved of at some point that's simly sharing that nonsense. The only thing that Facebook itself does is throw ads up on the side of things you might like.

You can get exactly what you want out of it with minimal effort. If you're worried about hurting someone's feelings by not accepting their requests then it's obviously not the best place for you.
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    I agree about how annoying it is, but you can unsubscribe from anyones updates with a click of a button. nothing on the internets is worth getting fired up about.
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    A lot of this shit sounds like problems with your friends, and not Facebook itself. I only see updates from my friends, and they luckily haven't posted any pictures of beaten up babies. And they don't lie about being CEO's of anything because we'd know it was bullshit.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    just unsubscribe or hide those types of things and they won't come back
    i enjoy keeping up with my PJ friends who are not on here via fb
    if you can just learn to ignore all the crap, its a good time :)
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • oona leftoona left Posts: 1,677
    I use facebook to keep up with friends and family that live elsewhere, but that's about it.

My sister (who lives in Oregon) goes berry picking on a Saturday morning, posts a picture, and for a second it feels like she lives on the other side of town as opposed to 2000 miles away.

And then I log off.
    It's not a problem with my family or friends. I'm aware u can block, unsubscribe and all that. But when one or 2 of them fall prey to these pictures, it shows up on they're timeline. All I'm saying is those type of pics are dumb.
    Like this one.
    adb8155a.jpg

Really? If you get 1 million "likes" daddy will quit doing drugs. Fuck your daddy and his drug problem.
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    oona left wrote:
    I use facebook to keep up with friends and family that live elsewhere, but that's about it.

My sister (who lives in Oregon) goes berry picking on a Saturday morning, posts a picture, and for a second it feels like she lives on the other side of town as opposed to 2000 miles away.

And then I log off.

I agree, I like it too for the same reason. I also agree with the OP about the like button.
    I see inappropriate times that it is used, I think some are using it just to acknowledge something.
    There was a person I met another forum and I really liked her 5 years ago. I had to uncheck her from being in my newsfeed on fb. She is a different person now that she lost 30 lbs and is single. So obsessed with herself, not good :(
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    iluvcats wrote:
    oona left wrote:

And then I log off.

I agree, I like it too for the same reason. I also agree with the OP about the like button.
    I see inappropriate times that it is used, I think some are using it just to acknowledge something.
    There was a person I met another forum and I really liked her 5 years ago. I had to uncheck her from being in my newsfeed on fb. She is a different person now that she lost 30 lbs and is single. So obsessed with herself, not good :(
    Is she hot? :lol:
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    maybe. when I used to read her postings, she was getting inappropriate private messages that she would tell us all about (from dirty men.) She is constantly telling us what people at work say about her weight loss, what she eats, that even her daughter tells her that her shirt is inappropriate for work. I wish she would stop it b/c she was funny as hell about other things :)
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,692
    I deleted my Facebook account a few days ago after getting several emails telling my I was spamming all my FB connections. My nephew explained the complicated process involved in that happening and that was the final straw. From my end, it happened too easily. Besides, I got tired of reading about how Johnny barfed on the floor or who was wearing pink underwear that day or any number of other trivial personal b.s. that I don't care about or have the time for.

Oh, and besides, PJ forum is more interesting and fun!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

fd381e3a.jpg

f67dd73f.jpg

a6b3415e.jpg

11b1b31b.jpg

69d79afd.jpg

f1f7aa82.jpg

04e37669.jpg

344a0a63.jpg
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,692
    fd381e3a.jpg

f67dd73f.jpg

a6b3415e.jpg

11b1b31b.jpg

69d79afd.jpg

f1f7aa82.jpg

04e37669.jpg

344a0a63.jpg

:lol: Exactly!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    sounds like you have 2 options...get better friends or get some therapy...if a website you voluntarily signed up upsets you this much you might have bigger problems :|
    norm wrote:
    sounds like you have 2 options...get better friends or get some therapy...if a website you voluntarily signed up upsets you this much you might have bigger problems :|
    Really? 1st off its the people who start these pics that I have the issue with. So if not wanting to see pics of abused kids means I need therapy, then I guess I should sign up. Second, it's not my friends posting them. They are just pressing "like" just like the other thousands of sheep that do.
    Therapy. Sure bud.
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,148
    You need better friends. I never see any of that crap.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    You need better friends. I never see any of that crap.
    Wowzers. It's not my friends starting these chain letter pics.
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    fd381e3a.jpg

f67dd73f.jpg

a6b3415e.jpg

11b1b31b.jpg

69d79afd.jpg

f1f7aa82.jpg

04e37669.jpg

344a0a63.jpg
    I'm not on Facebook. This stuff looks like the current equivalent of those forwarded emails of urban legends or special prayers that you're supposed to forward to 5 people in the next 5 minutes or something bad will happen. :roll:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    Besides
    No One Really Cares...right?
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,871
    who doesnt like tupperware? :?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14