Facebook Bulls$@t

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,871
    norm wrote:
    this thread is hilarious :lol::lol:
    it is. I think I'll post the link over on adbook. :P
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    81 wrote:
    The Utah Data Center, formally known as the Community Comprehensive National Cybersecurity Initiative Data Center, is a data storage facility being built for the National Security Agency that is designed to be a primary storage resource capable of storing data on the scale of yottabytes.[1] It is alleged to capture "all forms of communication, including the complete contents of private emails, cell phone calls, and Internet searches, as well as all sorts of personal data trails—parking receipts, travel itineraries, bookstore purchases, and other digital “pocket litter,”" though its precise purpose is secret.[1] It is prohibited from collecting, storing, analyzing, or disseminating the content of the communications of US Persons, whether inside or outside of the United States, unless authorized by an individual warrant from the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court.[2] The planned structure is 1,000,000 square feet, and projected to cost $2,000,000,000 when finished in September 2013.[1] It is expected to have a power demand of 65 megawatts, costing about $40,000,000 per year.[1] It is located on Camp Williams, near Bluffdale, Utah.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utah_Data_Center

Damn. Well I guess sexting will have to stop as of September 2013 :lol:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    norm wrote:
    Claireack wrote:
    I've said it before on here - if you like it, use it, if you don't like it, don't use it.

claire this thread is for irrational rants...logic has no place here :P :lol:

Oh that's a shame I have very rare rational moments.

OK -

Ummmm can't think of an irrational rant right now. Hang on ........ No it's gone.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Mamasan23 wrote:

i don't think you have it in you to quit. :lol::lol::lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • i just joined FB in December because my friend who is a plumber was pressuring me -- i have reconnected with a few friends that moved away and i havent talked to in years so that is cool --- also it tells me when it is someone's bday and that is great!!!
    81 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

#fact

Hey maybe they'll brighten some poor gov't chum's day!

:lol:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

#fact

Like when you used to bring your film to the Photo Mart?
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    #fact

Bahahahah!!!! I always wanted to work at one of those just to see what kind of sick shit was coming through #yesihaveissues :lol:
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276

i did that once... :lol:

any body wanna see my 2002 christmas present. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    funny-captions-ken-jeong-gay-divorce-court.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:

because every now and then somebody will post a picture like this.
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    funny-captions-ken-jeong-gay-divorce-court.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:

because every now and then somebody will post a picture like this.
    :lol: Love it!

Seeing all the vitriol getting spouted around here, not sure FB is any worse really. It's all the same thing, whether or not you let it get to you or bother you...it's all on you.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I just wish I new how to turn off the notifications. I don't really care that my mom needs help in slotomania. :fp: :lol:
    DS1119 wrote:
    I just wish I new how to turn off the notifications. I don't really care that my mom needs help in slotomania. :fp: :lol:

I do believe you can hide those!
    DS1119 wrote:

I have two accounts, one for family, i check about once a month and the other, which is a constant stream of sexy women off color jokes.

But Dude you wont help you're own Mom?
  • faceinthecloudsfaceintheclouds Posts: 1,739
    rrivers wrote:
    rrivers wrote:
    10 Club Forum Bulls$@t

Im ready to delete my account. I'm so tired of seeing pics from people complaining about facebook where they share the pictures from facebook in the forum hoping to get people to like their point of view on facebook. People exploit and disrespect others misfortunes. "comment on the thread" if you feel bad for me because I get so worked up over facebook pictures??!??? Really? You assholes. You need to post that pic in your thread so you can get thousands of comments. Loosers.
    Pics of soldiers. "share on the forum" if I want to prove my point about facebook?? Serious?
    The one that put me over the edge I just saw. Guy complains about facebook pictures and then exposes everyone on the 10 Club forum to the exact same pictures in the exact same way!!! The 2 guys who jumped in front of they're girlfriends in Colorado to save them. "like"if these 2 are your heroes. People need to grow the fuck up. The 10 Club forum is an important place where we can talk about pictures where Eddie is hot, have *official* countdowns to Pearl Jam concerts, rank albums and songs, and complain about the current show we got fucked out of getting tickets to. And it is nothing like facebook!!!
    Hey buddy. What the fuck is your problem? Why in the fuck are you mocking me? I posted the pics as an example. You got something you need to say to or about me fucking say it. I posted a thread, just like everyone else does here. If you don't like my thread or have nothing intelligent to add to it, keep your shit to yourself.

Wow my post hit pretty close to home.
    No actually. But why you insisted on comming and mocking me and my post is beyond me. You have a fucking issue with me just say it. No reason to be a fucking dick. Keep it to yourself if you don't like someone's thoughts.
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    Calm down, junior.

I have no issue with you. Sounds like you have issues period.

I pointed out you this place is basically the same as facebook as did a lot of other people.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • RideRickRideRick Posts: 703
    rrivers wrote:
    Calm down, junior.

I pointed out you this place is basically the same as facebook as did a lot of other people.
    I know lots of period kinds but missed the issues version :lol:

Djees, somebody needs a joint :ugeek:
    | Pinkpop 1992 *BEST EVER | Rotterdam 1993 | Amsterdam 1996 | Pinkpop 2000 | Arnhem 2006 | Nijmegen 2007 | Rotterdam 2009 | Nijmegen 2010 | Amsterdam I + II 2012 ** | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2012 First European Concert *EPIC*| Amsterdam I + II 2014 | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2016 night I  | Amsterdam I + II 2018 | Amsterdam I -> Canceled  +  II 2022 *EPIC
    DS1119 wrote:

I have two accounts, one for family, i check about once a month and the other, which is a constant stream of sexy women off color jokes.

But Dude you wont help you're own Mom?

I don't do the games at all. :lol:
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    RideRick wrote:
    rrivers wrote:
    Calm down, junior.

I know lots of period kinds but missed the issues version :lol:

Djees, somebody needs a joint :ugeek:

"We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
    b2a22_Castleville_Castleville-Game-Yvette-Unicornucopia-Quests-Guide.png

Those Unicorns aren't going to save themselves you know! :evil: :twisted:

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    DS1119 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

(he's on your FB isn't he?)

No. I don't have a Facebook account.
    DS1119 wrote:

very interesting..... :corn:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

(he's on your FB isn't he?)

No. I don't have a Facebook account.
    DS1119 wrote:

very interesting..... :corn:

Someone hijacked my computer today. Anything posted up until this point was not me.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    DS1119 wrote:

Someone hijacked my computer today. Anything posted up until this point was not me.

so we can revoke 10K posts from your post count since 'it wasn't you'? :lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

so we can revoke 10K posts from your post count since 'it wasn't you'? :lol:

Feel free.
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    when did willy wonka get so sarcastic

tumblr_m06sgtvAvP1r2t4s0o1_400.jpg
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    LloydXmas wrote:
    I agree about how annoying it is, but you can unsubscribe from anyones updates with a click of a button. nothing on the internets is worth getting fired up about.

this. and you can't really bitch about something that you signed up for
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,481
    megatron wrote:
    and you can't really bitch about something that you signed up for
    :clap:

I like Facebook - there I've said it. Everyone on my friends list is a genuine friend that I know, like and want to keep in touch with. It's the easiest way for me to keep in touch with friends and family, most of whom live over 10,000 miles away. Of course it will never replace calling them, emailing or chatting to them on Skype but if I want to see how they are doing I can see it on FB.

As many have said before me, if you don't like it don't do it. I can't believe that people would sign up for it without knowing what it was like beforehand, it's hardly a secret is it?

And yes, some of the bitching and totally random posts on these forums are as bad, if not worse, than FB... but I love this place even more and won't be leaving here any time soon!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    norm wrote:
    brianlux wrote:

And yeah there's not much difference between this board and FB when you get down to it.

True, but at least here we don't hear about Johnny barfing on the floor or who's wearing pink underwear today right.... right? :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=112461
    viewtopic.php?f=14&t=186792
    viewtopic.php?f=14&t=175026
    viewtopic.php?f=14&t=186902
    viewtopic.php?f=14&t=177122
    viewtopic.php?f=14&t=81829
    viewtopic.php?f=14&t=148218
    viewtopic.php?f=14&t=180146
    viewtopic.php?f=14&t=172680

shall i continue? ;) :P
    I've not posted in a single one of those threads.
    I was going to give a little speech saying how I understood the annoyance of that shit on fb, but not the emotional response....but after clicking thru those threads...I caught myself getting nostalgic for days gone by on AET....got me thinking...who am I to judge a person's feelings toward a website? :D
    People used to air their dirty laundry here....now they do it on fb...this place has suffered for it!