Let Your Voice Be Heard

Comments

• BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,335
    The kindness that many 10 Club members (10Cers) demonstrate by selling their not-going-to-be-used/extra concert tickets on the forums here is terrific, as we all know these tickets catch fetch the sellers sizeable profits anywhere else. 10Cers not ripping off other 10Cers is great when it comes to selling tickets to the always awesome Pearl Jam shows

I think it would be nice to see a similar policy put in place for merchandise being resold here on the official forums. Selling products for a mark-up that you had no hand in producing is unsettling/greasy/wrong. For example, if concert posters being sold at the venue increased to $70 instead of $35, many people would be outraged; yet, many 10Cers routinely resell their first, second, or third copy :) of their gotta-have-it $35 poster for an inflated price on the Lost Dogs forum every day/hour.

The band, designers, artists, and other merchandise creators can set whatever price they want for their products as it's their labour that went into the creative process. I'm perplexed that the exorbitant prices that people post their stuff for is permitted on these forums considering the 10C's and band's aforementioned concert ticket re-sell policy.

If 10Cers want to sell their merchandise at marked up prices - essentially ripping off fellow 10Cers - that's their choice; how about taking those transactions to EBay, Facebook, or somewhere else? The exorbitant prices (yes, this is an ambiguous phrase) being asked for on the Lost Dogs forum seems to be contrary to the mantra of the band.

Have a good week

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    BF89905 said:

The kindness that many 10 Club members (10Cers) demonstrate by selling their not-going-to-be-used/extra concert tickets on the forums here is terrific, as we all know these tickets catch fetch the sellers sizeable profits anywhere else. 10Cers not ripping off other 10Cers is great when it comes to selling tickets to the always awesome Pearl Jam shows

I think it would be nice to see a similar policy put in place for merchandise being resold here on the official forums. Selling products for a mark-up that you had no hand in producing is unsettling/greasy/wrong. For example, if concert posters being sold at the venue increased to $70 instead of $35, many people would be outraged; yet, many 10Cers routinely resell their first, second, or third copy :) of their gotta-have-it $35 poster for an inflated price on the Lost Dogs forum every day/hour.

The band, designers, artists, and other merchandise creators can set whatever price they want for their products as it's their labour that went into the creative process. I'm perplexed that the exorbitant prices that people post their stuff for is permitted on these forums considering the 10C's and band's aforementioned concert ticket re-sell policy.

If 10Cers want to sell their merchandise at marked up prices - essentially ripping off fellow 10Cers - that's their choice; how about taking those transactions to EBay, Facebook, or somewhere else? The exorbitant prices (yes, this is an ambiguous phrase) being asked for on the Lost Dogs forum seems to be contrary to the mantra of the band.

Have a good week

If seller and buyer are happy, where's the drama?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited August 2016
    BF89905 said:

Have a good week

This is what collecting is all about. You are watching people engage in their hobby. Like 2-feign said, if the buyer and seller are happy, no need to get involved. It's great that there is a place to do this kind of thing here on the boards, because we can get to know buyers and sellers, so we can trust them. Collectors only benefit from this activity happening on the 10C boards as opposed to elsewhere. Concert tickets are all about the live music experience, so controlling the prices for tix is one thing, and PJ cares about that. But when you're talking about merch collecting, it has nothing to do with the music, and therefore I'm pretty sure PJ don't care if adults are doing this. Again, it's just nice to have a safer, more personable and familiar place to trade, buy, and sell.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    TBO said:

I don't se how it would be unfair. They don't recycle the numbers do they? It's not like if fan #1 lets his or her membership lapse then fan 2 becomes fan 1. It's not like I wasn't a fan the years I couldn't afford the 10club.

but then those that can afford it get to the front of the line again (if they ever go back to assigned seating). the band doesn't like elitists being front row, from what I've gathered.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,335
    PJ_Soul said:

BF89905 said:

Have a good week

This is what collecting is all about. You are watching people engage in their hobby. Like 2-feign said, if the buyer and seller are happy, no need to get involved. It's great that there is a place to do this kind of thing here on the boards, because we can get to know buyers and sellers, so we can trust them. Collectors only benefit from this activity happening on the 10C boards as opposed to elsewhere. Concert tickets are all about the live music experience, so controlling the prices for tix is one thing, and PJ cares about that. But when you're talking about merch collecting, it has nothing to do with the music, and therefore I'm pretty sure PJ don't care if adults are doing this. Again, it's just nice to have a safer, more personable and familiar place to trade, buy, and sell.
    I tend to believe that the seller is happy to make their profit and the buyer is happy to acquire the product. The buyer likely isn't truly happy with the price they chose to pay for an item here on the Lost Dogs forum. I understand your points, PJSoul and 2-Feign Reluctance. Collecting is about obtaining an item that you want. I agree that this forum is a familiar and safer place for many to participate in the collecting experience. I just feel that if you're engaging in the collecting experience amongst fellow 10 club members, maximizing one's financial profit off an item the seller had zero input in creating feels offside to me. We are all free to purchase what we like at the price we deem fit. However, the inflated prices that are found all over the Lost Dogs forum creates a ridiculous superficial market for certain items and doesn't feel very 10 Club member to 10 Club member friendly. From the reading I do on these forums, I often like what each of you have to say, so I appreciate your input. Have a nice week.
    BF89905 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BF89905 said:

Have a good week

I tend to believe that the seller is happy to make their profit and the buyer is happy to acquire the product. The buyer likely isn't truly happy with the price they chose to pay for an item here on the Lost Dogs forum. I understand your points, PJSoul and 2-Feign Reluctance. Collecting is about obtaining an item that you want. I agree that this forum is a familiar and safer place for many to participate in the collecting experience. I just feel that if you're engaging in the collecting experience amongst fellow 10 club members, maximizing one's financial profit off an item the seller had zero input in creating feels offside to me. We are all free to purchase what we like at the price we deem fit. However, the inflated prices that are found all over the Lost Dogs forum creates a ridiculous superficial market for certain items and doesn't feel very 10 Club member to 10 Club member friendly. From the reading I do on these forums, I often like what each of you have to say, so I appreciate your input. Have a nice week.
    I totally understand what you are saying and know what you mean about it seeming kind of off-side, because the whole collecting "thing" is kind of off-side... frankly, I think the entire concept of supply and demand is off-side! :lol: But the thing is, they aren't going to be any cheaper anywhere else. This is still where you can usually find the best prices because 10C member do indeed tend to help each other out and offer a lot of things for lower than what we could find elsewhere, even if it's still a lot. So stopping the buying and selling here would actually just hurt the buyers even more. Damned if you do, damned if you don't I guess, but what we've going here is still the best case scenario! :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,084
    BF89905 said:

Have a good week

I completely agree with you. It's somewhat hypocritical to expect face value for tickets, but merch is fair game. I don't know what a "fair" price would be though. Tickets are usually short term products, what's a record from 1991 worth today?

I guess if buyer and seller are ok with it, there's not much of a problem but you could say the same about scalpers. People are happy to have the tickets, they'd be happier paying less though. For sure, it drives people to buy merch they don't want (and sometimes multiple copies) so they can sell it or trade it for stuff they do want and that rubs me the wrong way. It's much harder to police which I think is the problem.
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    Is there anyway 10C could speak to Third Man Records about their ordering, shipping notifications, declarations and shipping method?
    I recognise that there are differences in the organisations, but to Europe at least the Third Man Records process for the vault was so much more personable, efficient, quicker and cheaper.
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • dottles said:

Is there anyway 10C could speak to Third Man Records about their ordering, shipping notifications, declarations and shipping method?
    I recognise that there are differences in the organisations, but to Europe at least the Third Man Records process for the vault was so much more personable, efficient, quicker and cheaper.

This would be fantastic. I was expecting to have to wait ages for the Third Man Vault and pay through the nose when it arrived too but it all went swimmingly. Just having the declared value as cost of production rather than full retail cost makes a huge difference.
  • javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136

TBO said:

I don't se how it would be unfair. They don't recycle the numbers do they? It's not like if fan #1 lets his or her membership lapse then fan 2 becomes fan 1. It's not like I wasn't a fan the years I couldn't afford the 10club.

Then give a chance fans joined at 2000 pay the previous years 1990-2000 and will be fans grom day one..how about that
    Rules are clear..to keep your seniority and number u pay every year..u let it lapse u lose it....system is just fine
    Someone become at 92 and stop paying at 95 cant go in front of a fan start 96 and disnt let it lapse till today cos now he can pay the years passed...i dont see how u dont see whats fair and whats not
    Membership is per year..to keep your seniority y need to pay every year..not every 10 years all together for the years u missed payment
    I'm with you Dimi, if I can get my 177188, it would be awesome, I'll pay whatever it takes, only if I can get my seniority back, and buy sold out stuff which aint available anywhere, stuff I couldn't buy for whatever the reason from 2001 and 2006, spcially, benny at 35 bucks, it's this or a time machine, otherwise, not interested...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    So, I want ot ask about "Out of sand" (or something like that), are we getting any vinyl with this? been away from Pearl Jam too long, sorry my band, missed TMR Vault 29... where are those flippers when you need them? Flippers are not trustworthy in any way...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• moretonbayfigmoretonbayfig Australia Posts: 805
    As a Mum, I'd love...
    1) To receive a small discount when buying kids shirts in multiples of 2 or more
    2) To to able to buy Uke Songs in a cheaper soft cover version so the kidlets can use for practice without having to worry about making pencil marks, dog ears and other misadventures their music books encounter
    Thanks for entertaining these musings :)
  • It would be nice as a 10c member to get the email updates... my inbox is empty.
    Wrigley 8-22-16
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Please look into other shipping options. Mail Innovations is terrible. To preorder something & have to wait while seeing it in your local shop kind of defeats the purpose of a preorder.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,414
    Can we have info about the songs please??..who wrote the words and who the music??..
    thank you..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    Thank you TC!!..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

23scidoo said:

Thank you TC!!..

Did they add the song info like you asked? Is that why you're thanking them? If so, where is it? I still can't find it.
    Or maybe you're just thanking them in a general way. ;)
    PJ_Soul said:

23scidoo said:

Thank you TC!!..

Did they add the song info like you asked? Is that why you're thanking them? If so, where is it? I still can't find it.
    They send me an email..they work in on it etc...
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

23scidoo said:

PJ_Soul said:

23scidoo said:

Thank you TC!!..

They send me an email..they work in on it etc...
    Sweet, thanks for the update. :)
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    Please release a compilation CD / DVD / Vinyl Blu-ray 2016 Temple of the Dog Box Set.

Thanks!

Oh and if possible release all 8 Temple of the Dog 2016 shows in 24Bit 96kHz Flac's.

• dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    Would it be possible to have competitions in the newsletter all regions could enter, or if there is one which is very USA based such as the last couple, a supplementary competition for international members.
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    bazzer said:

BF89905 said:

Have a good week

I completely agree with you. It's somewhat hypocritical to expect face value for tickets, but merch is fair game. I don't know what a "fair" price would be though. Tickets are usually short term products, what's a record from 1991 worth today?

I guess if buyer and seller are ok with it, there's not much of a problem but you could say the same about scalpers. People are happy to have the tickets, they'd be happier paying less though. For sure, it drives people to buy merch they don't want (and sometimes multiple copies) so they can sell it or trade it for stuff they do want and that rubs me the wrong way. It's much harder to police which I think is the problem.
    but ticktes have a finite timeline to them, merch does not. hence the difference. you can always wait for a record to go down in price, or a t shirt, or whatever. but if you wait too long for tickets, it's gone, forever. you simply can't compare tickets to merch. it's apples to orangutans.

if people were forced to sell their stuff at original value here, two things would happen:

-memberships would skyrocket, as flippers would troll the Lost Dogs forum to get a Binaural vinyl for $30, snatch it up, and throw it on ebay for $300
    -quite simply, no one would sell anything here. ever.

even 10C sells rare merch on eBay for current market value. for charity or not, it makes no difference. profit is profit, no matter how you slice it.

the only way to stop this nonsense is two fold:

-stop, once and for all, this "limited edition" bullshit. it creates the secondary market. but they want traffic, and that's what this does. it makes people come here minute by minute waiting for a "psssst". I understand if it's tour leftovers and stuff, but new items being limited? ridiculous. guage the demand, if you are wrong, stock up.
    -reissue all albums/singles on vinyl. don't need to bother with repackaged box sets and the like (Jeff is tired of it, it seems), so just fucking reissue them.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177

bazzer said:

BF89905 said:

Have a good week

but ticktes have a finite timeline to them, merch does not. hence the difference. you can always wait for a record to go down in price, or a t shirt, or whatever. but if you wait too long for tickets, it's gone, forever. you simply can't compare tickets to merch. it's apples to orangutans.

if people were forced to sell their stuff at original value here, two things would happen:

-memberships would skyrocket, as flippers would troll the Lost Dogs forum to get a Binaural vinyl for $30, snatch it up, and throw it on ebay for $300
    -quite simply, no one would sell anything here. ever.

even 10C sells rare merch on eBay for current market value. for charity or not, it makes no difference. profit is profit, no matter how you slice it.

the only way to stop this nonsense is two fold:

-stop, once and for all, this "limited edition" bullshit. it creates the secondary market. but they want traffic, and that's what this does. it makes people come here minute by minute waiting for a "psssst". I understand if it's tour leftovers and stuff, but new items being limited? ridiculous. guage the demand, if you are wrong, stock up.
    -reissue all albums/singles on vinyl. don't need to bother with repackaged box sets and the like (Jeff is tired of it, it seems), so just fucking reissue them.
    :clap: 10c and the band have created this crazy merch flipping phenomenon and continue to enable it. I like your suggestions.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    please reissue Benaroya Hall on Vinyl.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • DukeMDukeM Los Angeles Posts: 25
    I'm sure this has been covered, but since there has been no official response I'll raise the issue again: can we please have Temple of The Dog bootlegs?!

Thanks
    Michael in Los Angeles
    First Show was 1995
    I've lost count of how many afterwards.
    Memorable funny show moments: The Halloween show with the whole band dressed as The Villiage People including Mike in assless chaps doing Yellow Ledbetter; Ed forgetting the words to "Betterman" in Vegas.
    Ed looking upwards at the the giant cables coming to the center in old Forum (circular building) in LA and saying it looked like the worlds biggest asshole, just like Dick Cheney. :-)
  • 10C really really needs to start using other mailing options/companies because the one used now is horrible. My Vault #6 was apparently mailed two months ago but still nothing. 10C doesn`t answer my questions either. $36 to pay for the shipping but we still get jack all for it. Please reply to questions being asked and please start looking into other shipping options fast!!!
  • jw234911jw234911 annapolis maryland Posts: 255
    VAULT 7 WISH IT WOULD BE DC 2006
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    BF89905 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BF89905 said:

Have a good week

I've sold plenty of shirts for less than what I paid for them so it goes both ways. I was not happy to take a loss but happy to get some cash back. Some stuff appreciates, some depreciates in value. All part of collecting. The artist might sell more posters at $35 than at $100 and make a higher profit with a lower sale price but higher volume.
  • Wow, so I mailed 10C about my Vault #6 shipment, here`s a part of the mails that we sent back and forth, Their tone in their reply is just staggering. And that`s what they call customer service?

Shipping
    Shipping (Ten Club)
    Dec 13, 1:02 PM PST

Same complaints over and over again about the shipping but you guys don't do anything about it,

Those happen no matter what we do.

We're working on international shipping options. It will be more expensive, and there will be brokerage fees and vat/duty will be required.
    But there will also be the less expensive UPSMI option as well.

Please change this so people do get their stuff

People do get their stuff. As with any shipment, there is the possibility of delay or lost parcels.

BTW, if your order doesn't show up, we will take care of you. We don't simply say "tough luck". Ask around.

Thanks for your understanding.
    10 Club

Timo Ritzen
    Dec 13, 12:55 PM PST

Hi,
    Yes this I all know. But it's insane to say it needs 90 days to arrive. Instead of replying with such a standardised mail you guys could better be looking for a better way of shipping, another courier that gets items to your customers faster.
    I really hope it will still arrive especially since this is a limited vault edition.

Same complaints over and over again about the shipping but you guys don't do anything about it, and that for that price! Shipping price is insane for what you get...

Please change this so people do get their stuff...

Hope you'll reply to this mail as well...

Greetz
    Timo
    This was the second mail I sent, the first was about asking how it`s possible that after two months it still hasn`t shown up even though I got many other parcels from the US in the meanwhile and if they can do something about the fact that shipping to Europe is so expensive and you get jack all for it. Their first reply was a standardised mail that I have to wait 90 days, that it can get lost in the mail sometimes or that it`s being hit with customs blah blah blah.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    apologize if this is inappropriate for the forum or it's been asked ...

would the band consider doing an acoustic tour in smaller venues? ... obviously, they are a great touring band capable of playing in large venues but for those of us who never got to go to benaroya hall ... would love to see a full fledged world tour like this ...