Summer Vacations

Comments

• peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Colorado in a month....really should buy that motorcycle to do some mountain riding :lol:

taking the truck 1K miles to denver. woman is talking like she will drive part of the trip. my clutch is already smoking at the thought. :lol: :fp: :lol:
    I'll wave :wave: if I see ya. If you are driving all the way to Denver, you might as well drive a few more hours west and go to the hot springs pool in Glenwood - one of the most relaxing places ever, with mountains all around.

We are off to New York for 10 days. Home for 5 days then off to Chicago. I think I have been gone more than home this summer.

denver is just a landing zone. most likely stop there on the way out for a night,...then head a little west into the mountains to get away from people for a few days...then back to denver for a couple of days to explore and catch a pirates game

hot springs sound like a good call

head up to Rabbit Ears and into Steamboat Springs... Love it there.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276

i'll have to check it out....and start planning things....

better start a countdown thread too. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

Great hiking and mountain biking up by the ski trails...

And good Elk hunting.

:D
    81 wrote:

Great hiking and mountain biking up by the ski trails...

And good Elk hunting.

:D
    don't see myself doing much elk hunting :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

Too much walking

oh, my legs hurt just remembering those hikes up the mountain at 4 AM
    81 wrote:

Too much walking

oh, my legs hurt just remembering those hikes up the mountain at 4 AM

don't see myself being up at 4am either :lol::lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Bunch of long weekend camping trips (New Hampshire and Maine), weekend boating trips in Massachusetts Bay, then in October a full week in Bar Harbor, Maine, much of which will be spent exploring Acadia State Park with the unlost dogs.

Oh, and a side trip to Chicago for a long weekend. I'm gonna see that band that did "Jeremy."

8-)
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,472
    SEA
    ISLE
    CITY,

NJ
    www.myspace.com
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    Oh, and a side trip to Chicago for a long weekend. I'm gonna see that band that did "Jeremy."

8-)

See you there! :D :wave:
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,835
    Cape Cod for a week in late-August. The last week before my babygirl starts preschool.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    dankind wrote:
    Cape Cod for a week in late-August. The last week before my babygirl starts preschool.
    nice. Heading there on Saturday and staying in Harwich. What town are you staying in?
  • he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
    Bunch of long weekend camping trips (New Hampshire and Maine), weekend boating trips in Massachusetts Bay, then in October a full week in Bar Harbor, Maine, much of which will be spent exploring Acadia State Park with the unlost dogs.

8-)
    Just got back from a few days in Acadia a couple weeks ago. What a jaw-droppingly beautiful place! Have fun!
    We were but stones your light made us stars
    LloydXmas wrote:
    dankind wrote:
    nice. Heading there on Saturday and staying in Harwich. What town are you staying in?

Orleans.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    august can not get here fast enough.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

THIS
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,144
    I was going to book a summer vacation... until Pearl Jam fall dates were announced 8-) .
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
    dankind wrote:
    81 wrote:

THIS

looks like you will have a couple more weeks more of waiting being late august.

i'm down to 3.5 weeks. just started looking at hotels. :lol: looks like hotels will be cheap.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • PapPap Posts: 28,751
    15 days back in my country in September
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,822
    Leaving 2 weeks from today to go to Napa/San Francisco. 3 nights in Napa for a friend's wedding and then 2 nights in SF. I've never been to either so I am excited. Going to check out a baseball game at AT&T Park which I am really looking forward to. Also looking forward to some In 'N Out Burger.
    Leaving 2 weeks from today to go to Napa/San Francisco. 3 nights in Napa for a friend's wedding and then 2 nights in SF. I've never been to either so I am excited. Going to check out a baseball game at AT&T Park which I am really looking forward to. Also looking forward to some In 'N Out Burger.

san fran is a good time.

AT&T is an amazing park..no doubt when you get home, you will be disgusted by both parks here. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • jlaustinjlaustin Posts: 2,355
    I am a teacher, so my vacation started back in June... :lol: But we will be driving to Chicago next Thursday, attend our first PJ concert on Friday, and sightsee Saturday. On Sunday, we are taking the ferry across Lake Michigan and then spend three days at the Silver Lake Sand Dunes, which we do every summer. I am so excited! :D
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    jlaustin wrote:
    I am a teacher, so my vacation started back in June... :lol: But we will be driving to Chicago next Thursday, attend our first PJ concert on Friday, and sightsee Saturday. On Sunday, we are taking the ferry across Lake Michigan and then spend three days at the Silver Lake Sand Dunes, which we do every summer. I am so excited! :D
    I SO regret not becoming a teacher. :fp: Both my parents were, so I knew how good the summer vacations were, but for some reason I didn't appreciate this so much when I was 20! Dammit!! :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    less than 3 weeks.....can't wait to get bit by a rattle snake :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    took a little two day run down to the florida Keys over the last weekend. Weather didnt cooperate, but it was good to escape for a bit and sit on the dock with a few rum n cokes.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    took a little two day run down to the florida Keys over the last weekend. Weather didnt cooperate, but it was good to escape for a bit and sit on the dock with a few rum n cokes.

I'm looking forward to spending more time down there when i get my flats boat 8-) .
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217

I'm looking forward to spending more time down there when i get my flats boat 8-) .

Oh man awesome!
    Currently, I only have a kayak and stand up paddle board, but my Dad lives in the Keys and he has a boat. But he's getting old and doesnt like anyone touching his shit, so i've been considering a small boston whaler or flats boat. :D

Been to the Keys a lot? Where do you like to go?
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    edited June 2015
    15 days in Serres this August! :triumph:

Have a marvelous summer everybody! :relaxed:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,472
    tell me where to go. i have the first week in august off. gotta figure this out asap
    www.myspace.com
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,659

tell me where to go. i have the first week in august off. gotta figure this out asap

Newark.
    This weekend we rock Portland

Syros