Summer Vacations

Comments

• peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Not sure... moving into my own place and getting used to that....

Chicago... probably head down to Milwaukee, too.

Maybe over to D.C. to meet up with my parents and find my Uncle's name on the Vietnam memorial and check out the other things there...

Hmmm.... That's probably it. Working... making money
  • supadupasupadupa Posts: 377
    My job doesn't allow me to take any extended amount of time off during the summer months. I'm lucky I get to take a few days off for Wrigley. But, I might get to tag along with my family when they go to Florida next month.
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    mikalina wrote:
    Bumbity. Bump

Anyone have any fun vacations planned yet. ?!?!
    Disney in September.

And we are still throwing around Cancun or Myrtle Beach in May.

awesome plans !!!
    ********************************************************************************************* image
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    apparently going to Canada and then to Chicago of all places

:roll:

anything fun planned in Chicago... ;)
    ********************************************************************************************* image

Maybe over to D.C. to meet up with my parents and find my Uncle's name on the Vietnam memorial and check out the other things there...

Thats a nice little getaway...
    81 wrote:
    Not summer yet, but going to Houston this weekend. Will be nice to get away from this nonsense and experience some warm weather for a few days.

have fun...

a weekend getaway isn't a bad idea :think:

nice getaway plus warm weather !!!!
    supadupa wrote:
    My job doesn't allow me to take any extended amount of time off during the summer months. I'm lucky I get to take a few days off for Wrigley. But, I might get to tag along with my family when they go to Florida next month.

You'll have fun in Florida...
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,144
    I have not been out of the US in 5 years. So this summer or fall I am thinking of heading to the Bahamas and getting some much needed fun in the sun. All inclusive is a must.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    Chicago!

I don't have any plans beyond that. Will likely go camping a couple times. Can't really afford any more than that. :(
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    mikalina wrote:

Thats a nice little getaway...

Yeah... it'll be good
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    Starting to save now for my first vacation on my own with friends, Seattle summer 2014 :)
    Hopefully will hit Portland and possibly just maybe California, too.

Can't wait alreday! No vacations for me this summer.
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • donnaruhldonnaruhl Posts: 2,157
    At this point in my life,If I managed to take a vacation
    I probably wouldn't come back. 8-)
  • donnaruhldonnaruhl Posts: 2,157
    samjam wrote:
    Starting to save now for my first vacation on my own with friends, Seattle summer 2014 :)
    Hopefully will hit Portland and possibly just maybe California, too.

Can't wait alreday! No vacations for me this summer.
    You'll love both places. I myself haven't been to Washington,But spent my childhood in Oregon. :)
  • MaxGoldenrodMaxGoldenrod Posts: 1,341
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    I have not been out of the US in 5 years. So this summer or fall I am thinking of heading to the Bahamas and getting some much needed fun in the sun. All inclusive is a must.
    If you want to go the all-inclusive route, skip the Bahamas. You'll get better deals in the summer along with higher quality and more choices by heading to the Cancun/ Playa del Carmen areas
    "Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    4 days in chicago in july :D
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    vacation week is booked.

now to figure out everything else.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    One more work day then off until the 22nd. Gonna be great.
    LloydXmas wrote:

3 weeks???

i may go bonkers
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    81 wrote:
    LloydXmas wrote:

3 weeks???

i may go bonkers
    Two weeks at the beach, cape cod baseball league game should keep me entertained
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    Chicago for a long weekend and then later on the Dominican Republic for a week.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
    Milwaukee again

Chicago

Probably back out to Madison at some point this summer
    Colorado in a month....really should buy that motorcycle to do some mountain riding :lol:

taking the truck 1K miles to denver. woman is talking like she will drive part of the trip. my clutch is already smoking at the thought. :lol: :fp: :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,418
    81 wrote:
    Colorado in a month....really should buy that motorcycle to do some mountain riding :lol:

taking the truck 1K miles to denver. woman is talking like she will drive part of the trip. my clutch is already smoking at the thought. :lol: :fp: :lol:
    Next year my bride and I are doing the Grand Canyon.
    I have informed her that I will not be back at Disney for at least 5 years.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    81 wrote:

You're not going to let her drive the bike for a while?

92948.png
    81 wrote:

Next year my bride and I are doing the Grand Canyon.
    I have informed her that I will not be back at Disney for at least 5 years.

smart :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

You're not going to let her drive the bike for a while?

92948.png

i don't think she would ever want to ride except on the back.

way way back when, i tried to teach her to drive my truck. ended up with clutch smoke billowing out. :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    apparently two weeks from now, we will be on a road trip through Canada and Chicago
  • oceaninmyeyesoceaninmyeyes Posts: 4,646
    81 wrote:

I'll wave :wave: if I see ya. If you are driving all the way to Denver, you might as well drive a few more hours west and go to the hot springs pool in Glenwood - one of the most relaxing places ever, with mountains all around.

We are off to New York for 10 days. Home for 5 days then off to Chicago. I think I have been gone more than home this summer.
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
    81 wrote:

I'll wave :wave: if I see ya. If you are driving all the way to Denver, you might as well drive a few more hours west and go to the hot springs pool in Glenwood - one of the most relaxing places ever, with mountains all around.

We are off to New York for 10 days. Home for 5 days then off to Chicago. I think I have been gone more than home this summer.

denver is just a landing zone. most likely stop there on the way out for a night,...then head a little west into the mountains to get away from people for a few days...then back to denver for a couple of days to explore and catch a pirates game

hot springs sound like a good call
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • florence151florence151 Posts: 597
    Nantucket for a few days in June. Very nice thank you.

Waiting for the PJ countdown clock to determine further vacation fun.
    Hold On