• Options
    bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    We did it!! World Series Champions!!
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,552
    Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Team loyalty as a fan has finally paid off... I can't believe it finally happened. I remember being a kid and having a toy voice recorder and recording Harry Caray singing the 7th inning stretch on WGN. I remember watching Ryne Sandberg, Mark Grace, Sammy Sosa, Kerry Wood etc. I remember us getting to the NLCS in 2003 and being 6 outs away from the World Series only to lose and I cried myself to sleep. I remember the years of losing 90 and 100+ games, but the Cubs have always been my team. And nights like this are what make it all worth it.

And I know some of you have been waiting a lot longer than the 25 years I've been watching.
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,487
    imageorld Champions!
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,214

everyone knows who break the curce...;)
    cubs haven't been to a World Series since 1945. But as soon i come to my first game at Wrigley they are playing in the World Series 2 months later....hehehehhehe

heheheheheheheheheheh

today is someday!!!!!!!!!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    It happened. We won the World Series!!!
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    It's 2:20am central time and I'm looking out the window at Addison St a mile and a half from the stadium, cars and people still everywhere! Horns and cheering and singing and fireworks! Complete pandemonium! This is unreal! The Cubs are World Series Champions!!!
  • Options
    RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716

It's 2:20am central time and I'm looking out the window at Addison St a mile and a half from the stadium, cars and people still everywhere! Horns and cheering and singing and fireworks! Complete pandemonium! This is unreal! The Cubs are World Series Champions!!!

Oh how I wish I was back home for this!!!!
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,763

Fantastic! How cool to be there! What a series!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,835
    I cannot believe I was in Cleveland at the game the night it all happened. it's fucking beautiful!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    Cleveland Indians fans....classy upstanding individuals. Got my respect.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,149
    Congrats Cubs! Savour it...
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    What a series, & what a game 7. I'm still in disbelief over that game.

Congrats Cub fans, enjoy it!
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,663
    Congratulations to all Cubs fans, hope that it is an great feeling this morning.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,516
    Congrats...in the end, the best team won.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    Still too stoked to sleep. :)
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,215
    big deal Cubs fans. i mean who can't win every 108 years? jeez it's like it's not a normal thing or something? :rock_on:

in all seriousness as you wipe away those tears enjoy every freakin moment. last night's game was wildly entertaining and cruel at the same time but you are Champions. savor every second you get in the next few days with your family and friends.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Congrats! But no more lovable loser association for you anymore. The cubs are The Man now.

Big Payroll, I say!

At least Pearl Jam will need to play next year at Wrigley to not jinx anything!
  • Options
    Magic number 0
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    We did it!!! I love all of you!!! Haha
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options

Congrats!

Class act thanks...this sox fan does not beat up first base coaches..;)
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,214
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,149
    Just thumbing through the Tribune's photos of fans from last night. For those of us who follow baseball, watch all the games (or just about every game) season in and season out April - September of every year, watching your team win the ultimate sports prize (in my opinion) is utterly emotional. I am so happy the Cubs finally get to taste victory, that the NL Central was represented, and to do in the way they did it.....wow. They won because they did what they did all season long - find ways to win games late. Congrats to all you true blue Cubbies fans!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,293
    I am still in shock. I cannot believe that we won it all.
    Theo and Tom delivered in the promise to build the Cubs into a championship organization.

All of the awful seasons were worth it. The Cubs finally get to fly the W flag all winter.
  • Options

Just thumbing through the Tribune's photos of fans from last night. For those of us who follow baseball, watch all the games (or just about every game) season in and season out April - September of every year, watching your team win the ultimate sports prize (in my opinion) is utterly emotional. I am so happy the Cubs finally get to taste victory, that the NL Central was represented, and to do in the way they did it.....wow. They won because they did what they did all season long - find ways to win games late. Congrats to all you true blue Cubbies fans!

Well said
  • Options
    Gtilley8Gtilley8 Detroit Posts: 985
    Is this real?! I'm still not sure I believe it.

I feel like Indigo Montoya after he killed the 6 fingered man.
    2000 - 8/21 - Columbus, OH
    2003 - 6/18 - Chicago, IL
    2006 - 5/22 - Auburn Hills, MI
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL
    2015 - 9/26 - New York, NY
    2016 - 4/16 - Greenville, SC; 8/20 - Chicago, IL; 8/22 - Chicago, IL
    2018 - 8/18 - Chicago, IL; 8/20 - Chicago, IL

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3045
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Thanks for posting
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    Did anyone else go a little World Series merch crazy this morning?