London 2012 Olympics

Comments

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,548
    holy shit...

congrats to MURRAY!!!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • vduboisevduboise Posts: 1,937
    I agree- professional should not be in the olympics- it seems like an unfair advantage.

but if you're going to enter then do your best. Federer just seemed out played for being ranked number 1.
  • Well done Murray.
    That's gotta feel good.

Hug yer Mum already, would ya!?
    “I worked really hard on this set. I just told you we’re gonna have a great night, so I don’t need any fuckin’ help from anybody.” EV, 7/2/09
  • PapPap Posts: 28,749
    Tiki Gelana! :clap::D

Hungary - Russia (women's water polo) was a great match!
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    That's cool. Good for him.
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    I guess Murray must be on cloud 9 - first 'big' thing he wins!
  • PapPap Posts: 28,749
    great graphics the have with the map of the distance..awesome..

;) :thumbup:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
    Well done Murray.
    That's gotta feel good.

Hug yer Mum already, would ya!?
    Its that lady his mom??is she the one he will play with at double??
    watching the game with my mom and told her to wear her shirt her ribbon and we go play together..
    oh..and call her cardiologo..just in case.. :fp: :lol:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    redrock wrote:
    I guess Murray must be on cloud 9 - first 'big' thing he wins!
    seems that way.. :)
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,168
    redrock wrote:
    vduboise wrote:
    what is up with Federer? he seems totally out of it. I'm still rooting for him, but it looks like its going to to to Murray

Apart from the 'glory', what's in it for a professional player as successful as Federer? Doesn't count towards seeding/ranking, no money.... maybe not enough motivation?
    Pride. Federer seems to choke in close matches more and more. Plus, even the best have their bad days. Federer really wanted this, has nothing to do with lack of motivation for him. I wanted Federer to have his Golden Slam but he was out played, so well done Andy Murray. Very well-deserved.

And Juan Martin Del Potro took the bronze against Djokovic to get Argentina's first medal. So proud of him.

Actually, so proud of all four of them, really. Very classy. This is why I watch tennis.
    Suziemay wrote:
    redrock wrote:
    vduboise wrote:
    what is up with Federer? he seems totally out of it. I'm still rooting for him, but it looks like its going to to to Murray

Apart from the 'glory', what's in it for a professional player as successful as Federer? Doesn't count towards seeding/ranking, no money.... maybe not enough motivation?
    Pride. Federer seems to choke in close matches more and more. Plus, even the best have their bad days. Federer really wanted this, has nothing to do with lack of motivation for him. I wanted Federer to have his Golden Slam but he was out played, so well done Andy Murray. Very well-deserved.

And Juan Martin Del Potro took the bronze against Djokovic to get Argentina's first medal. So proud of him.

Actually, so proud of all four of them, really. Very classy. This is why I watch tennis.
    true.,tennis is so classy..
    and we never know how an athlete feels..
    i mean its easy for us to watch from tv the match and have opinion..
    who knows if Federer,was sick,or not feel god,or has a pain in his hand,leg etc..
    Suziemay wrote:
    Pride.
    True. Forgot about that!
    redrock wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:
    Pride.
    True. Forgot about that!
    :mrgreen::mrgreen: I think the best athletes have a tremendous amount of pride and a healthy amount of arrogance. I'm perfectly content being average, which is why I'm watching the Olympics, as opposed to being in it :lol::lol:
    Ok boys, women in bikinis alert. Beach volleyball on MSNBC right now Austria-China if you're in the US. I think this is actually live!
    Suziemay wrote:
    Ok boys, women in bikinis alert. Beach volleyball on MSNBC right now Austria-China if you're in the US. I think this is actually live!
    Europe watching too ;)8-)
    Suziemay wrote:
    I assumed that was the case :mrgreen: Just the US schedule is hard to figure out so some people may not realize that it's on.

Murray playing in the mixed doubles finals now too but that's not on TV here. Would be great if he wins gold there too!
    Suziemay wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:
    I assumed that was the case :mrgreen: Just the US schedule is hard to figure out so some people may not realize that it's on.

Murray playing in the mixed doubles finals now too but that's not on TV here. Would be great if he wins gold there too!
    he made the 1st step.. :mrgreen:
    great match...at tennis..10-8 at 3rd set..
    very cool finals tonight at athletics..

triple jump women

3000m steelpe men

hammer throw men

400m women,

100m men

:)
    great match...at tennis..10-8 at 3rd set..
    Boo, I wanted Murray to have two golds. Oh well.

I think I should stop watching the Olympics and go to the gym so I can look like those women playing beach volleyball :lol::lol:
    Suziemay wrote:
    I think I should stop watching the Olympics and go to the gym so I can look like those women playing beach volleyball :lol::lol:
    Maybe, just maybe if you watch them long enough, looking like them could come through osmosis and not the torture of the gym???? Has anyone tried that yet? :mrgreen:
    redrock wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:
    Maybe, just maybe if you watch them long enough, looking like them could come through osmosis and not the torture of the gym???? Has anyone tried that yet? :mrgreen:
    Trying that right now, will let you know how I make out :P

Although they've decided to show water polo and field hockey on TV now that Misty May and Kerri Walsh have started their match. Very curious programming decisions.
    redrock wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:
    hmmm..thats why i look like bugs bunny?? :fp: :lol:
    I've discovered the other day that I have a good couple of dozen channels dedicated to the olympics. Apparently, I can watch EVERY event at EVERY venue if I wanted to (obviously recording some and watching others). So no excuse of weird programming. Aaaahhh... Tivo and the BBC/Sky - what would I do without them? :mrgreen:
    redrock wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:
    hmmm..thats why i look like bugs bunny?? :fp: :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • serena.gif
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    redrock wrote:
    I've discovered the other day that I have a good couple of dozen channels dedicated to the olympics. Apparently, I can watch EVERY event at EVERY venue if I wanted to (obviously recording some and watching others). So no excuse of weird programming. Aaaahhh... Tivo and the BBC/Sky - what would I do without them? :mrgreen:
    oh...thats great!!!
    serena.gif

oh..williams rule women tennis
    Serbian high jumper Dragutin Topic...
    2012 London Olympics is his 6th Olympic games... :shock:

he only returned to athletics because his physiotherapist bet him that he couldn’t make it to a sixth Olympic Games.....

amazing..
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,876
    redrock wrote:
    vduboise wrote:

Most countries do hand out money for medals. In Canada you get $20k for winning gold, and then down from there. China I think gives a really big amount and sets them up with a house! I'm sure the US does give $$ to medal winners as well.
    (Edit: yup, just checked and gold gets $25k in the US, plus a lot of the individual sports federations give bonuses on top of that too. :). )
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata