London 2012 Olympics

Comments

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    Hinn wrote:
    Yup, English, British, whatever - you still fail at penalties. This will not change.
    :lol::lol::lol:

hinny,u have an tix for any of the event??are u going??to any??
    i wish i could experience the feeling of one of the matches..races..anything..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Hinn wrote:
    Yup, English, British, whatever - you still fail at penalties. This will not change.
    That guy blew it with that stupid stutter step on the 5th penalty. Congrats to S. Korea, great game.
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,168
    Fuck penalty kicks. And that South Korean goalie is a douchebag, the referee should have nipped that. Not cool.
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,168
    That guy blew it with that stupid stutter step on the 5th penalty.
    Yeah, that was idiotic too.
  • Suziemay wrote:
    That guy blew it with that stupid stutter step on the 5th penalty.
    Yeah, that was idiotic too.
    Seriously, just shoot the ball without trying to get cute. :fp:
    He single-handedly lost that game.
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
    they have the medal ceremony now for Eptathlon

the Gold Medalist is from UK..
    cant imagine how,God save the Queen sound for her right now,with so many thousands of people singing the National Anthem..awesome moment...she cant stop crying!!
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996

cant imagine how,God save the Queen sound for her right now,with so many thousands of people singing the National Anthem..awesome moment...she cant stop crying!!

I was watching it and then the crap that is NBC Live Extra coverage went to commercials and now there's just a screen that says "coverage will resume." Sheesh.

Would be nice to see this.
  • HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    Hinn wrote:

Saw a bit of the men's cycling road race last Saturday. Then saw a bit of the women's triathlon this morning. Both obviously free.

Then I felt like going to something, tried to get tickets for something today, hockey was seemingly available on the front page but on the next screen it said unavailable.
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
    Enkidu wrote:

I was watching it and then the crap that is NBC Live Extra coverage went to commercials and now there's just a screen that says "coverage will resume." Sheesh.

Would be nice to see this.
    so bad this situation..
    here in tv they do great job..
    this morning they took interview from a Greek athlete at Vault,was his 5th Olympic Games in the row and they cut him,cos of the presentation of the Athletes of a heat of 100m ...was the second heat..
    noone of them,pass the next round,was the slow athletes..but still they cut it for people dont lost the presentation..
    Hinn wrote:
    Hinn wrote:

Saw a bit of the men's cycling road race last Saturday. Then saw a bit of the women's triathlon this morning. Both obviously free.

Then I felt like going to something, tried to get tickets for something today, hockey was seemingly available on the front page but on the next screen it said unavailable.
    any beach volley tix??,.
    btw,i read that tickets are abit expensive..

Actually, a bit before that, just before she was due to come on and collect the medal and nothing much else was happening, the whole stadium was singing All You Need Is Love.

Will, Harry, Kate, Stella... but not Paul. His voice must still be shot.
  • guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    3 golds to night top of the range .................... especially little Jessica :D:D
    Hinn wrote:

any beach volley tix??,.
    btw,i read that tickets are abit expensive..
    Nah. Jason and Sophie managed to get tickets last night for the volleyball today, though. Handy, it's friggin next door!

They tend to release a bunch each day. I can't be bothered to look that hard. I went 12 years back. It's cool if I get in, but if not, in 2 weeks time the football season starts and for the first time I have a season ticket :D

Tickets are ok pricewise.
    Hinn wrote:
    Nah. Jason and Sophie managed to get tickets last night for the volleyball today, though. Handy, it's friggin next door!

They tend to release a bunch each day. I can't be bothered to look that hard. I went 12 years back. It's cool if I get in, but if not, in 2 weeks time the football season starts and for the first time I have a season ticket :D

Fulham? :D
    Hinn wrote:

Fulham? :D
    Damn right. The only team of any sport in the world to feature a Michael Jackson statue. Fuck yeah.
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    please..everybody..watch that 10k when u find time..or show it at tv
    \they show the replay now..of the reaction of the winner...

and the crazy is the reaction of the guy was second .he cant believe who won,,and that HE was second!!unreal..the best 10k race i ever watch!!!

that was an amazing race!! glad I DVR'd it. Will have my son watch it tonight - he is a distance runner in HS.
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    please..everybody..watch that 10k when u find time..or show it at tv
    \they show the replay now..of the reaction of the winner...

and the crazy is the reaction of the guy was second .he cant believe who won,,and that HE was second!!unreal..the best 10k race i ever watch!!!

that was an amazing race!! glad I DVR'd it. Will have my son watch it tonight - he is a distance runner in HS.

Hooray, I found the replay and yes it is totally amazing. Everyone should see it. Wow.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,890
    Anyone else think that Phelps has been acting like a disrespectful douche bag at the podium over the last few days? Good for him, he's fun to watch swim, but he sure does seem to have a bit of a defective personality. Someone needs to tell him that it's not cool to talk and laugh while his opponent is being awarded his medal, and to stop using the podium as a foot rest. And maybe stand up instead of slouching against the wall like he's some hooligan on a street corner, or perhaps too cool for Olympic medal ceremonies now.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • CareyCarey Posts: 2,361

I finally saw this just now....wasn't a surprise, but still, it was nice....must have been incredible for this athlete!
    "Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    Waiting for Women Marathon,i have so muh respect and im amazed from the Athletes runs the Marathon.,
    we are talking e of 42.195 kilometres (26 miles and 385 yards)...especially when i think, cos i know the area of the classic Marathon .isnt easy even to go walking with all those steep uphills and downhills!!!

i was thinkg in General,that Olympics are the top event an Athlete can be part of and how much im amazed of the athletes that get prepared for this 4 whole years...what have to deprive those athletes all this years,and they have just one chance to show that,on attemp,one jump,one race..that will last some seconds ,some minutes...
    its crazy..and need so much effort and guts..
    .especailly if i think,that i can sit at my lazy ass at the sofa of my house and its so easy to judge them..

Much respect to the Athletes... for me,ALL are Winners!!!
  • PapPap Posts: 28,781
    Let me run into the rain, women's marathon today...
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
    those Marathon girls are lucky of London weather..better than run all this distance with out hot sun!
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,679
    Yes, we finally have a GOLD medal for Canada, its just in the trampolin, but its GOLD, way to Go Rosie :D:clap::clap:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
    great graphics the have with the map of the distance..awesome..
    love so many crowd on the streets

pass the half of the distance..24th kilometres :)
    the first group of 19 athletes are all together :)
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    I think I may just pay a bit more attention to the olympics

article-2183841-14631A96000005DC-21_636x353.jpg
    Rita,you can go out and see the Marathon,,, :)
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Who cares about the marathon - need to check out the swimmers! :lol:
    redrock wrote:
    Who cares about the marathon - need to check out the swimmers! :lol:
    i try to say it nicely.. :lol::lol:
    4 kilometres to go!
    the thing i love at maraton is that all the crowd,even all the technical teams,people working claping and support and cheering for all the athletes! no matter their position,or country :)