Penn State

Comments

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,178
    norm wrote:
    fuck off, franco harris

This asshat should just go away for good .......
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    norm wrote:
    the paterno family needs to shut the fuck up
    got a link, normie?
    what they be sayin?
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    chadwick wrote:
    norm wrote:
    the paterno family needs to shut the fuck up
    got a link, normie?
    what they be sayin?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/2 ... lp00000003
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    norm wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Sooo, sounds like significant scholarship and bowl loss.

weird...looking at what joe schad is saying it would almost be better to get the death penalty

Yeah, saw that. I really have no idea what to expect. I guess it would be worse because it would essentially set them back 3 years.
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    "The NCAA imposed a $60 million sanction on the university, which is equivalent to the average gross annual revenue of the football program. These funds must be paid into an endowment for external programs preventing child sexual abuse or assisting victims and may not be used to fund such programs at the university. The sanctions also include a four-year football postseason ban and a vacation of all wins from 1998 through 2011. The career record of former head football coach Joe Paterno will reflect these vacated records. Penn State must also reduce 10 initial and 20 total scholarships each year for a four-year period. In addition, the NCAA reserves the right to impose additional sanctions on involved individuals at the conclusion of any criminal proceedings."

:thumbup: :clap:
    Paterno's Family response:

“Sexual abuse is reprehensible, especially when it involves children, and no one starting with Joe Paterno condones or minimizes it. The horrific acts committed by Jerry Sandusky shock the conscience of every decent human being. How Sandusky was able to get away with his crimes for so long has yet to be fully understood, despite the claims and assertions of the Freeh report.

The release of the Freeh report has triggered an avalanche of vitriol, condemnation and posthumous punishment on Joe Paterno. The NCAA has now become the latest party to accept the report as the final word on the Sandusky scandal. The sanctions announced by the NCAA today defame the legacy and contributions of a great coach and educator without any input from our family or those who knew him best.

That the President, the Athletic Director and the Board of Trustees accepted this unprecedented action by the NCAA without requiring a full due process hearing before the Committee on Infractions is an abdication of their responsibilities and a breach of their fiduciary duties to the University and the 500,000 alumni. Punishing past, present and future students of the University because of Sandusky’s crimes does not serve justice. This is not a fair or thoughtful action; it is a panicked response to the public’s understandable revulsion at what Sandusky did.

The point of due process is to protect against this sort of reflexive action. Joe Paterno was never interviewed by the University or the Freeh Group. His counsel has not been able to interview key witnesses as they are represented by counsel related to ongoing litigation. We have had no access to the records reviewed by the Freeh group. The NCAA never contacted our family or our legal counsel. And the fact that several parties have pending trials that could produce evidence and testimony relevant to this matter has been totally discounted.

Unfortunately all of these facts have been ignored by the NCAA, the Freeh Group and the University.”

Honestly, I bet if one of their kids got raped they would be singing a different tune. Fuck Joe Paterno for enabling all that. I wish that piece of shit were alive to see his statue tore down and his wins taken away.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    paterno's are a solid turd you want to go away but they plug your shitter even when breaking out the plunger. basically they are blinded by their father's/misses paterno's husband's fame. a stupid move but that is how it goes sometimes.

sometimes ya gotta admit to the truth when it is crammed up your nose & ass. the trutrh is that sandusky molested boys a long ass time and many knew he was the last man on earth you'd have around young boys. old jo paterno knew these facts, as did others and none of them stopped it.

not stopping that kinda behavior when you are quiet capable of putting an end to it is the same kinda crime as sexually molesting the kids

child rape enablers = penn state's high & mighty....
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    In some ways I can understand the kids sticking up for their father but when was the last time a father told his kids everything. Don't they realize this? Maybe Dad didn't tell us everything he knew. Duh!! Maybe we should be quiet now.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Now this is all about to get very interesting. This story has just begun.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... -sanctions
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    "I'd rather shower at Penn St than Cheer for the Wolverines"

:?

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/08/29/ ... e-victims/
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    davidtrios wrote:
    "I'd rather shower at Penn St than Cheer for the Wolverines"

:?

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/08/29/ ... e-victims/

i would agree with that assesment. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    I hope this new coach was forthcoming about this rape case with PSU. If not, shame on him for hiding it and on PSU if they did not investigate enough.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Penn State's athletic director probably is doing a string of Homer Simpson "Doh!'"s right now.
    Jason P said:

Penn State's athletic director probably is doing a string of Homer Simpson "Doh!'"s right now.

Or not. Pretty sure yet know exactly what frankin did and did not do in that situation. Did you read what the lawyer claims franklin did or is this like your first amendment point?
    JK_Livin said:

I hope this new coach was forthcoming about this rape case with PSU. If not, shame on him for hiding it and on PSU if they did not investigate enough.

Again, pretty sure it might have come up. Just a hunch
  • Penn State plays football still?
    :))
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Did you read that there are idiots in State College that are insisting on putting up a privately commissioned statue? The University has also indicated they planned to do something, but have not disclosed any details and have no timetable (which is completely irrelevant to the aforementioned idiots).

My favorite quote from one of the articles has one of the idiots saying something like his impact went beyond the football field....Well, I would unfortunately say it did.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,768
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    11-1???? :-O
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329

and the hockey team is ranked
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015

and the hockey team is ranked

and their men's and women's volleyball teams are in the playoffs

edit: apparently the women's team won the championship a few days ago against BYU
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,893
    Joe Pa will be happy!

oh, wait......
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    edited January 2015
    imalive wrote: »
    Joe Pa will be happy!

oh, wait......

It's a good day. The NCAA just proved how ridiculous an institution it is.
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,419
    Penn State fans are like a cult. Their denial of Paterno's role is mind blowing. They will never move on from it.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,822
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2016/07/12/joe-paterno-knew-of-jerry-sandusky-abuse-in-1976-per-testimony-in-newly-unsealed-records/?tid=sm_tw

I bet all those dumbfuck players asking for the statue to go back up feel pretty stupid right about now. Will this story ever go away???
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2016/07/12/joe-paterno-knew-of-jerry-sandusky-abuse-in-1976-per-testimony-in-newly-unsealed-records/?tid=sm_tw

I bet all those dumbfuck players asking for the statue to go back up feel pretty stupid right about now. Will this story ever go away???

Should have shut the program down for at minimum 4 yrs. The football culture became so big that it was more important than protecting children. The only way you change that culture, or at least send the message football isn't above abuse is shutting em down and a few yrs later making em start over from scratch. Football was so important that kids being abused didn't matter. Since it was that precious to them you needed to take it away to send a message. Instead they got a slap on the wrist with bowl probation and scholarship reduction, and then that penalty was REDUCED! I can only hope penn st football is never nationally relevant again.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14