child-rape enablers also include but not limited to:
    Mrs. Paterno
    and
    Mrs. Sandusky
    and i would venture that the entire football program at penn state
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    I can sympathize with the current students, alumni and future students that a death penalty would be really bad for them because they had nothing to do with the past. But, this entire thing happened to protect the integrity of the FOOTBALL program. Something severely strong has to be done to the FOOTBALL program or more sweeping under the rug will be done, not just at PSU.

Has anyone seen the trailer for a the new highly anticipated movie coming out, The and Improved Hardy Boys starring the Paterno brothers? :lol::lol::lol:
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    mysticweed wrote:
    child-rape enablers also include but not limited to:
    Mrs. Paterno
    and
    Mrs. Sandusky
    and i would venture that the entire football program at penn state
    thank you, mysticweed. hugs your way.

i've always said those two bunk ass broads know a lot of disgusting information that they aren't bringing forward
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    JK_Livin wrote:
    I can sympathize with the current students, alumni and future students that a death penalty would be really bad for them because they had nothing to do with the past. But, this entire thing happened to protect the integrity of the FOOTBALL program. Something severely strong has to be done to the FOOTBALL program or more sweeping under the rug will be done, not just at PSU.

Has anyone seen the trailer for a the new highly anticipated movie coming out, The and Improved Hardy Boys starring the Paterno brothers? :lol::lol::lol:
    seriously? they're making a movie out of this? i knew it would happen sooner or later

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    ok ok ok
    this is a mess

i cannot find where sandusky is either in jail or out on bond
    one link says he's out on $100,000 bail
    another says he's out on $250,000
    another says he is in jail
    another says he's at home awaiting his prison sentence

:wtf:

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    chadwick wrote:
    ok ok ok
    this is a mess

i cannot find where sandusky is either in jail or out on bond
    one link says he's out on $100,000 bail
    another says he's out on $250,000
    another says he is in jail
    another says he's at home awaiting his prison sentence

:wtf:

I would guess he's in prison waiting for his sentence. His days will end there.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    He's definitely in jail, the bail was raised when he was awaiting trial.
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    There are people camping out, protecting the Joe Paterno Statue. They do realize they cant stay there forever I hope. :fp:

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootbal ... tue-071812
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • There are people camping out, protecting the Joe Paterno Statue. They do realize they cant stay there forever I hope. :fp:

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootbal ... tue-071812
    they can't stop ninja statue bandits :nono:
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    Looks like the board voted to take the statue down:

http://deadspin.com/5927730/reports-pen ... is-weekend
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146

click on 'hang on' at the end

http://deadspin.com/5927764/
    norm wrote:

click on 'hang on' at the end

http://deadspin.com/5927764/
    guess we'll have to wait and see

does it really matter whether the statue is there? i get that people want it taken down but besides being a symbol, does it change anything? make the victims feel better? idk, to me it's just noise drowning out the real issues
    norm wrote:
    does it really matter whether the statue is there? i get that people want it taken down but besides being a symbol, does it change anything? make the victims feel better? idk, to me it's just noise drowning out the real issues
    I agree with you. I think it's just that he was so admired, people are reacting to finding out he did something so egregious. I think people are clutching at ways to try to make things right, but there's no undoing.

• Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,314
    norm wrote:
    I agree with you. I think it's just that he was so admired, people are reacting to finding out he did something so egregious. I think people are clutching at ways to try to make things right, but there's no undoing.

Joe Paterno needs to release his tax returns right now!!!

(wait, am I mixing things up?)
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    norm wrote:

Joe Paterno needs to release his tax returns right now!!!

(wait, am I mixing things up?)
    :mrgreen::lol:

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    norm wrote:

This is how I feel and a lot of what I have said.

I would like to see the school donate the vast majority of anything they make from football to charity for an extended period of time. Allow football to support the other sports, but don't have the school continue to get rich off it.

I want the statue to stay, personally, for a number of reasons, but I do want them to take the word Humanitarian off of it now. If they do take it down from outside Beaver Stadium, I think it should at least be moved to the library.
    that's an excellent idea, cliff...any and all profits from the sports programs should go toward prevention/awareness/support programs for say, 5 years(?)...and after that a percentage
    i think the statue should go home to mrs. paterno & family. they can have it.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    fuck off, franco harris
  • oona leftoona left Posts: 1,677
    norm wrote:
    fuck off, franco harris

Ha! I thought the very same thing after hearing his remarks on "SportsCenter." Good god.
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Statue removed this morning.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    (CBS News) CBS News has learned that the NCAA will announce what a high-ranking association source called "unprecedented" penalties against both the Penn State University football team and the school.

"I've never seen anything like it," the source told correspondent Armen Keteyian.

NCAA President Mark Emmert will make the announcement Monday morning at 9 a.m. at the organization's headquarters in Indianapolis.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    Statue removed this morning.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/br ... 0603.story

Associated Press
    8:04 a.m. CDT, July 22, 2012

The famed statue of Joe Paterno was taken down from outside the Penn State football stadium Sunday, eliminating a key piece of the iconography surrounding the once-sainted football coach accused of burying child sex abuse allegations against a retired assistant.

Workers lifted the 7-foot-tall statue off its base and used a forklift to move it into Beaver Stadium as the 100 to 150 students watching chanted, "We are Penn State."

The university announced earlier Sunday that it was taking down the monument in the wake of an investigative report that found the late coach and three other top Penn State administrators concealed sex abuse claims against retired assistant coach Jerry Sandusky.

The statue, weighing more than 900 pounds, was built in 2001 in honor of Paterno's record-setting 324th Division 1 coaching victory and his "contributions to the university."

A spokeswoman for the Paterno family didn't immediately return phone and email messages.

Construction vehicles and police arrived shortly after dawn Sunday, barricading the street and sidewalks near the statue, erecting a chain-link fence then concealing the statue with a blue tarp.

Penn State President Rod Erickson said he decided to have the statue removed and put into storage because it "has become a source of division and an obstacle to healing."

"I believe that, were it to remain, the statue will be a recurring wound to the multitude of individuals across the nation and beyond who have been the victims of child abuse," Erickson said in a statement released at 7 a.m. Sunday.

He said Paterno's name will remain on the campus library because it "symbolizes the substantial and lasting contributions to the academic life and educational excellence that the Paterno family has made to Penn State University."

The statue's sculptor, Angelo Di Maria, said it was upsetting to hear that the statue had been taken down.

"It's like a whole part of me is coming down. It's just an incredibly emotional process," Di Maria said.

"When things quiet down, if they do quiet down, I hope they don't remove it permanently or destroy it," he said. "His legacy should not be completely obliterated and thrown out. ... He was a good man. It wasn't that he was an evil person. He made a mistake."

The bronze sculpture has been a rallying point for students and alumni outraged over Paterno's firing four days after Sandusky's Nov. 5 arrest — and grief-stricken over the Hall of Fame coach's Jan. 22 death at age 85.

But it turned into a target for critics after former FBI Director Louis Freeh alleged a cover-up by Paterno, ousted President Graham Spanier and two Penn State officials, Athletic Director Tim Curley and Vice President Gary Schultz. Their failure to report Sandusky to child-welfare authorities in 2001 allowed him to continue molesting boys, the report found.

Paterno's family, along with attorneys for Spanier, Curley and Schultz, vehemently deny any suggestion they protected a pedophile. Curley and Schultz await trial on charges of failing to report child abuse and lying to a grand jury but maintain their innocence. Spanier hasn't been charged. Sandusky was convicted last month of 45 counts of sexual abuse of 10 boys.

Some newspaper columnists and former Florida State coach Bobby Bowden have said the statue should be taken down, while a small plane pulled a banner over State College reading, "Take the statue down or we will."

But Paterno still has plenty of fans, and Penn State's decision to remove the monument won't sit well with them. One student even vowed to "chain myself to that statue" if there was an attempt to remove it.

University officials had called the issue a sensitive one in light of Paterno's enormous contributions to the school over a 61-year coaching career. The Paterno family is well-known in the community for philanthropic efforts, including the millions of dollars they've donated to the university to help build a library and fund endowments and scholarships.

I think the bolded comments are valid. It's been a divisive issue. At this point it's time to do whatever is going to demonstrate the most support for the victims. I don't know how much the removal of the statue will spur healing. I think they need to do a lot more when it comes to that.

i feel sad & good all at once. it really does suck that this had to happen. so i ask why did this have to happen? why, why, why?

when someone of any age knows someone is molesting kids ya fucking tell someone, ya do something/anything to stop the monster. in this case several grown ass men did not do one thing worth a hoot to stop monster sandusky from sexually advancing himself onto many, many young boys. he took full advantage of these kids.

everyone stepped aside and allowed it to continue for years.

not one single one of them folks at penn state who allowed this to continually happen do not have a frickin backbone

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    the paterno family needs to shut the fuck up
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Sooo, sounds like significant scholarship and bowl loss.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Sooo, sounds like significant scholarship and bowl loss.

weird...looking at what joe schad is saying it would almost be better to get the death penalty