Options

*** Amsterdam 2 Fanviews Here 6/27/12 ***

Comments

• Options
    KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    AlexFab wrote:
    CanNotStay wrote:
    I was getting emotional just listening to the boot I can't imagine what it was like being there.
    I got emotional during the actual show alright - it's amazing how this boot can make those emotions resurface again. I don't think I have EVER experienced that with a bootleg.
    same here..amazing sound..HD -Flac is the shit

yessir. :D
  • Options
    veddertown wrote:
    dimitrispearljam wrote:

AlexFab wrote:

CanNotStay wrote:I was getting emotional just listening to the boot I can't imagine what it was like being there.

I got emotional during the actual show alright - it's amazing how this boot can make those emotions resurface again. I don't think I have EVER experienced that with a bootleg.

:D Got no words to describe how this sounds !
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,367
    gbpat54 wrote:
    veddertown wrote:
    dimitrispearljam wrote:

AlexFab wrote:

CanNotStay wrote:I was getting emotional just listening to the boot I can't imagine what it was like being there.

:D Got no words to describe how this sounds !
    :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Amsterdam 2 was an excellent show... There was something magical about it. and the acoustics were fantastic...
  • Options
    Amsterdam 2 was an excellent show... There was something magical about it. and the acoustics were fantastic...
    hello buddy...exactly.....that magical called pearl jam and their fans

our walk to that huge park after the show was amazing...

and cocaine...hhhahahahahahhaahahaha
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

Hahahahhha...
  • Options

Hahahahhha...
    Amsterdam is Black!!! :lol:
  • Options
    Speaking of magic.. today I had my driver's license exam. Decided to wear my tour shirt I picked up during Amsterdam II, convinced it would bring me luck (which I terribly needed ;)) and.. passed! Pretty huge for me, as I only started with my lessons last year (I'm 36 years old) because I was too chicken shit until that point.

(And when I got home, the postman just brought me my 10c membership pack - awesome timing)
  • Options
    AlexFab wrote:
    Speaking of magic.. today I had my driver's license exam. Decided to wear my tour shirt I picked up during Amsterdam II, convinced it would bring me luck (which I terribly needed ;)) and.. passed! Pretty huge for me, as I only started with my lessons last year (I'm 36 years old) because I was too chicken shit until that point.

(And when I got home, the postman just brought me my 10c membership pack - awesome timing)
    th\at was great!!!!congrats
  • Options
    Thank you :)
  • Options
    Got home late yesterday and checked the mailbox when I got to bed..
    Excited as I was looked at the package, knowing what was inside.
    Boot Amsterdam 1 and 2 had arrived.
    Knowing had to get up at 6am, I had to listen to these boots first.
    It cut last night to a short one.
    Nevertheless it brought to me all the energy I needed.
    Thanks for making these boots possible.
    Don't know what it is but there's no band coming close to this band for so many years now.
    46 years old now and I'm sure this band is still going to be evolving in some kind of way.
    They're not in a box.
    Been to Eddie AmsterdamCarré shows and was blown away by a man and his ukelele.
    Screamed my longs out in the early 90's and gonna continue to do that.
    We're lucky these guys got together.
  • Options
    RENE1966 wrote:
    Got home late yesterday and checked the mailbox when I got to bed..
    Excited as I was looked at the package, knowing what was inside.
    Boot Amsterdam 1 and 2 had arrived.
    Knowing had to get up at 6am, I had to listen to these boots first.
    It cut last night to a short one.
    Nevertheless it brought to me all the energy I needed.
    Thanks for making these boots possible.
    Don't know what it is but there's no band coming close to this band for so many years now.
    46 years old now and I'm sure this band is still going to be evolving in some kind of way.
    They're not in a box.
    Been to Eddie AmsterdamCarré shows and was blown away by a man and his ukelele.
    Screamed my longs out in the early 90's and gonna continue to do that.
    We're lucky these guys got together.

that was one of the best things i ever read in the forum...and i read alot..
    thank you
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    Man I don't know if it's because the sound and quality of this boot is so good, but the band sounds so tight for this show.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    vant0037vant0037 Posts: 6,082
    I know I talk about "Alive" a lot (it's my all-time favorite song, what can I say?), but I just listened to this version, and the solo at the end just might be the best I've heard? Holy shit...it just keeps going...

I had a daydream that if I were sitting there listening to this version with Ed or Matt or Jeff or Stone, I could probably say to them, "holy shit, these guys fucking rock" and they'd probably say "yeah, Mike does fucking rock." They're probably as big of fans of that guy as anyone.

Unreal.
    1998-06-30 Minneapolis
    2003-06-16 St. Paul
    2006-06-26 St. Paul
    2007-08-05 Chicago
    2009-08-23 Chicago
    2009-08-28 San Francisco
    2010-05-01 NOLA (Jazz Fest)
    2011-07-02 EV Minneapolis
    2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20
    2011-09-17 Winnipeg
    2012-06-26 Amsterdam
    2012-06-27 Amsterdam
    2013-07-19 Wrigley
    2013-11-21 San Diego
    2013-11-23 Los Angeles
    2013-11-24 Los Angeles
    2014-07-08 Leeds, UK
    2014-07-11 Milton Keynes, UK
    2014-10-09 Lincoln
    2014-10-19 St. Paul
    2014-10-20 Milwaukee
    2016-08-20 Wrigley 1
    2016-08-22 Wrigley 2
    2018-06-18 London 1
    2018-08-18 Wrigley 1
    2018-08-20 Wrigley 2
    2022-09-16 Nashville
    2023-08-31 St. Paul
    2023-09-02 St. Paul
    2023-09-05 Chicago 1
  • Options
    vant0037 wrote:
    I know I talk about "Alive" a lot (it's my all-time favorite song, what can I say?), but I just listened to this version, and the solo at the end just might be the best I've heard? Holy shit...it just keeps going...

I had a daydream that if I were sitting there listening to this version with Ed or Matt or Jeff or Stone, I could probably say to them, "holy shit, these guys fucking rock" and they'd probably say "yeah, Mike does fucking rock." They're probably as big of fans of that guy as anyone.

Unreal.
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    YLed2 wrote:
    Man I don't know if it's because the sound and quality of this boot is so good, but the band sounds so tight for this show.

I think the quality of the sound is one of the reasons for sure.
    Surprising setlist and interaction between band and crowd from the very first beginning.
    I think they had a great time with their families in Amsterdam and that was reflected on stage also.
  • Options
    RENE1966 wrote:
    YLed2 wrote:

I think the quality of the sound is one of the reasons for sure.
    Surprising setlist and interaction between band and crowd from the very first beginning.
    I think they had a great time with their families in Amsterdam and that was reflected on stage also.
    true
  • Options
    Melkweg Amsterdam feb. 1992 also had Wash as opening song.
    Just watched this show again.....just noticed. :|
  • Options
    vant0037 wrote:

Unreal.

First of all....you can never talk too much about Alive it's my opinion.
    It's your reply that made me listen even more intense to this version.
    I noticed that every single last note of Mike's solo falls into piece with every last hit of Matt during that solo
    what we would consider as unreal indeed.
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    RENE1966 wrote:
    vant0037 wrote:

Unreal.

I noticed that every single last note of Mike's solo falls into piece with every last hit of Matt during that solo
    I agree. You can never talk too much about Alive.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    RENE1966 wrote:
    vant0037 wrote:

Unreal.

AGREE
  • Options
    vant0037vant0037 Posts: 6,082
    Newch91 wrote:
    RENE1966 wrote:
    vant0037 wrote:

Unreal.

Great. Glad I'm not alone! :lol:
    1998-06-30 Minneapolis
    2003-06-16 St. Paul
    2006-06-26 St. Paul
    2007-08-05 Chicago
    2009-08-23 Chicago
    2009-08-28 San Francisco
    2010-05-01 NOLA (Jazz Fest)
    2011-07-02 EV Minneapolis
    2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20
    2011-09-17 Winnipeg
    2012-06-26 Amsterdam
    2012-06-27 Amsterdam
    2013-07-19 Wrigley
    2013-11-21 San Diego
    2013-11-23 Los Angeles
    2013-11-24 Los Angeles
    2014-07-08 Leeds, UK
    2014-07-11 Milton Keynes, UK
    2014-10-09 Lincoln
    2014-10-19 St. Paul
    2014-10-20 Milwaukee
    2016-08-20 Wrigley 1
    2016-08-22 Wrigley 2
    2018-06-18 London 1
    2018-08-18 Wrigley 1
    2018-08-20 Wrigley 2
    2022-09-16 Nashville
    2023-08-31 St. Paul
    2023-09-02 St. Paul
    2023-09-05 Chicago 1
  • Options
    vant0037 wrote:
    [

psssttt...Alive...Arras 12....its frikkin amazing....i mean..frikkin.....like...

he playing from space and sent signals to earth..he fuckin tag 3-4 songs in the row..
  • Options
    vant0037 wrote:
    [

psssttt...Alive...Arras 12....its frikkin amazing....i mean..frikkin.....like...

he playing from space and sent signals to earth..he fuckin tag 3-4 songs in the row..

Listening to Mike during this last tour he's playing in another dimension in my ears, what's your opinion ?
  • Options
    RENE1966 wrote:
    vant0037 wrote:
    [

Listening to Mike during this last tour he's playing in another dimension in my ears, what's your opinion ?
    i told it,alot of thimes in the forum..this year was his best ever..
    he played unreal..

i think he did alot of playing and practising before tour..
    he tried alot of different stuff... i have no words...unreal

i have so many exables..
    rats at Amsterdam,black,at arras,prague,amsterdam 1
    i got shit,..and Alive was unreal always this year
  • Options
    MIKE FOR PRESIDENT !!
  • Options
    Arnauld69 wrote:
    MIKE FOR PRESIDENT !!
    :wave: :thumbup: :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
  • Options
    Dissident..love it..
  • Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    Just having another watch of the dvd. I know it's been discussed to death about how epic or not this show was but the first encore is really great, particularly Hail Hail, Alone, Footsteps and RVM. Hail Hail sounds so much better when the band are well and truly warmed up. I'm still not struck on hearing Release in that encore slot. It sounds better to me with the euphoria of the house lights going down, Philip Glass, etc. I'm so glad that there are people out there putting in the effort to film these shows and very grateful that someone is willing to put the jigsaw together so that I can sit here on a Friday night and watch them. Enjoying this better than the first time but it still feels like any other good PJ show. The RVM strobes are going to make me spasm!! :crazy:
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Options
    veddertown wrote:
    Just having another watch of the dvd. I know it's been discussed to death about how epic or not this show was but the first encore is really great, particularly Hail Hail, Alone, Footsteps and RVM. Hail Hail sounds so much better when the band are well and truly warmed up. I'm still not struck on hearing Release in that encore slot. It sounds better to me with the euphoria of the house lights going down, Philip Glass, etc. I'm so glad that there are people out there putting in the effort to film these shows and very grateful that someone is willing to put the jigsaw together so that I can sit here on a Friday night and watch them. Enjoying this better than the first time but it still feels like any other good PJ show. The RVM strobes are going to make me spasm!! :crazy:
    alone sing along was amazing