Options

*** Amsterdam 2 Fanviews Here 6/27/12 ***

KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
edited December 2013 in Given To Fly (live)
Pearl Jam
Ziggo Dome
Amsterdam, NE.
Show 2
June 27, 2012

Set List:
01. Wash
02. Last Exit
03. Animal
04. State Of Love And Trust
Ed says that he ran into someone who told him the Dutch he spoke during the first night was wonderful. So he knows that there is at least one liar in Amsterdam. He says he isn't going to speak any Dutch tonight and the crowd boos. He also notes someone vomited in the building last night so the Ziggo Dome is an official rock and roll building. And for anyone who doesn't understand my English (says something in Dutch).
05. Severed Hand
06. Corduroy
07. I Got Shit
(Ed says that there is "someone here that is part of the family. She is going from 11 to 12. Her name is Lilly.")
08. Daughter/WMA
09. Nothing As It Seems
(Chad Smith of The Red Hot Chili Peppers fills in for Stone's regular tech during the guitar change)
10. Got Some
11. Dissident
12. Once
(Ed comments that he admires everyone who ride bikes in Amsterdam. He wishes that back in the states people would trade guns for bikes. He says, "It seems that Arizona and Florida are in an arms race with each other.")
13. Glorified G
14. Deep
15. The Fixer w/ Ray Cameron on percussion
16. Bugs (Ed plays this on electric guitar instead of accordion)
17. Better Man/Save It For Later-(Charley, Cox, Morton, Steele, Wakeling)

Encore Break 1
(Ed thanks the audience for the great energy over the last two nights. He mentions that they had some help with tonight's unusual set list and they don't usually play this next song at this time)
18. Release
19. Hail, Hail
(Ed-"I think this is one for the serious collector")
20. Alone
21. Footsteps
22. Rearviewmirror

Encore Break 2
23. Crown Of Thorns-(Mother Love Bone, A. Wood)
24. Sonic Reducer--(Bators, Blitz, Chrome, Magnum, Thomas, Zero)
25. Alive
26. Baba O'Riley-(Townshend)
"Ed thanks the families and audience for coming to the show. Ed also talks about Brian, one of the earliest members of the Ten Club."
27. Yellow Ledbetter/Little Wing-(Hendrix)

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.

Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates.

Thank you!

X: Set List
01. Your Phones Off the Hook But You're Not
02. Sex & Dying
03. Once Over Twice
04. White Girl
05. True Love
06. Los Angeles
07. Unheard Music
08. Poor Girl
09. Because I Do
10. Sugar Light
11. Breathless
12. Johny Hit And Run Pauline
13. Soul Kitchen
14. Devil Doll
Falling down,...not staying down
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    bobby dazzlersbobby dazzlers Posts: 2,007
    Nucking futs!
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    WOW
  • Options
    Seb77Seb77 Amsterdam Posts: 78
    Another glorious evening with my favourite band....2 shows and:

- Only the fixer and corduroy were played twice
    - Instead of Even flow and just breathe: GREAT rarities: the full mommason trilogy (once-alive-footsteps), My second BUGS (Although Philly was better with accordeon) and..
    - FANTASTIC Baba, SOLAT and... Crown of thorns

My 7th show and 9 songs for the first time!! Thank you for the superior setlist science Brian!!

Sounds was a little poor on the side, better in the back of the floor in the middle..

SO happy with these 2 shows! Great crowd again. Arras here we come!
    Nijmegen 2007 Rotterdam 2009 Philadelphia 4 2009 Nijmegen 2010 Berlin 2010 Amsterdam 1&2 2012 Arras 2012 Amsterdam 1&2 2014
    Amsterdam 1&2 Pinkpop Berlin 2018
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    How did "Bugs" sound on electric guitar?
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    beeswaxbeeswax Posts: 119
    great setlist!

wow, bugs with guitar. looking forward to bootleg/video : )
  • Options
    GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,538
    Footsteps
    Alone
    Sonic Reducer

are all at the top of my list to see... and then

Crown of Thorns
    Wash

Definitely my setlist for the year. Wish I was there.
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    They are bringing it in Europe.. these are fanclub setlists for sure and guess atleast tonight's it makes sense.. best sets on a tour for a long time.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    jeremyjeremy Posts: 409
    Ed-"I think this is one for the serious collectors"

for sure..!!!
    ''walk the bridges before you burn them down...''
    and always remember ''it's no crime to escape!!!"
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    What a ridiculous setlist!!!

And it could have been even better - In My Tree and Breath were crossed off...
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    Seb77Seb77 Amsterdam Posts: 78
    Oh yeah there was one bummer...

Ed said it might be longer before they return than since last time....that means >2 years till the next European tour ?!?

Let's hope it was the wine talking....
    Nijmegen 2007 Rotterdam 2009 Philadelphia 4 2009 Nijmegen 2010 Berlin 2010 Amsterdam 1&2 2012 Arras 2012 Amsterdam 1&2 2014
    Amsterdam 1&2 Pinkpop Berlin 2018
  • Options
    Can't wait for boots. Please tell me someone hit "record" this time. 8-):lol:
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,951
    WOW! Hoping Made In America gets songs like these :)
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    AzWickerAzWicker Posts: 1,162
    WOw, amazing set, best in a while!
    Ed: 2011-07-09 2012-11-04
    PJ: 2011-09-03 2011-09-04
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,350
    There's a boot I may as well have already bought
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    faceinthecloudsfaceintheclouds Posts: 1,739
    Awesome. Can't wait for the boots to hear aboot Brian. Great set too
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    From Tim Biermans' Twitter: "Riding back from Amsterdam2 with set-list collaborator Brian F. We are driving on a cloud. He created it."
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    CloggyCloggy Posts: 47
    I cannot begin to describe tonight.
    I left last night on a complete high, thinking tonight couldn't possibly beat last night's set. I think it did.

Tonight's high is completely different (and that has nothing to do with the somewhat illegal substances they sell here :lol: )

Instead of being on the floor tonight, I was high up on the balcony in one of the corners. The vibe of the crowd was totally different, not sure if that was because of where I was seated. But the sound was even better than yesterday, so I'm very impressed with the building.

The setlist and the guys were very different tonight. Lots of set changes last night, which there weren't so many of tonight. There seemed to be more focus.

Ed said something early on about not speaking Dutch tonight even though somebody told him (lied to him, his words) that his Dutch was very good. After a bit of booing from the crowd he added 'het spijt me' - I'm sorry.

I thought of Dimi when they played NAIS. Never met you, but knew you were happy!

Personal highlights for me were Rearview Mirror, which they just killed. Loved Cordurory, thought it was better than last night (but it makes sense as it was later in the set).
    Crown of Thorns! Never thought I'd hear that played, but it blew me away. And after hearing Once and Footsteps, I was convinced that they wouldn't do Alive.
    Bugs was interesting, think I prefer the accordeon. So many other songs I loved and was thrilled to hear. I need to go back to the setlist to remind myself just how great this was lol.

I can't begin to describe how amazing tonight's set was. Did I say I was blown away? Think I did already. But I'll say it again. When are they coming back to the Netherlands...?
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,208
    BeerBaron wrote:
    And it could have been even better - In My Tree and Breath were crossed off...

can i blame chris cornell for this too?
  • Options
    CloggyCloggy Posts: 47
    In my tree is something for next time. Would love to hear it one day, but think I was spoiled enough by all of the highlights of the last two days.
  • Options
    RuebRueb Posts: 59
    05. Severed Hand
    06. Corduroy
    07. I Got Shit
    (Ed says that there is "someone here that is part of the family. She is going from 11 to 12. Her name is Lilly.")
    08. Daughter/WMA
    09. Nothing As It Seems

The Lilly they played 'Daughter' for, is Lilian Jean Cornell, daughter of Chris. She turned twelve that night. Apparently, she was in attendance. Don't know if her dad was there too, though.

Was kind of hoping for a 'Hunger Strike', but heard he's sick and cancelled his solo show in Italy.

What a show.
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    545006_3815174731178_389824686_n.jpg

I can't figure out what has been written and then scratched all over, we must find another pic...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    vanrixelvanrixel Posts: 28
    I can't figure out what has been written and then scratched all over, we must find another pic...

In My Tree & Breath were crossed off:
    https://p.twimg.com/AwbaWoCCIAAYjdj.jpg:large

Nevertheless, KILLER setlist.

I thought yesterday was good, but today was even better :D
  • Options
    If they had played Breath and In My Tree, this setlist would definatly be placed at the top of my list as THEEE best set ever!! Slightly glad they didn't in a selfish sense as I would be kicking myself for not going, hope we get those two and some other gems during Berlin, Stockholm or Oslo!!!!

Despite the insane set, would be good to hear how the sound and actual performance was like (stupid question) but I thought Eddies voice at Isle of Wight didn't sound particularly great.
    2009 - Shephards Bush, Manchester, London
    2010 - Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter
    2012 - Manchester 1+2, Berlin 1+2, Stockholm, Oslo
    2014 - Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    edited June 2012
    vanrixel wrote:

In My Tree & Breath were crossed off:
    https://p.twimg.com/AwbaWoCCIAAYjdj.jpg:large

Nevertheless, KILLER setlist.

I thought yesterday was good, but today was even better :D

thanks for the answer...

by the way, I was answered with this on the relay thread
    AndySlash wrote:
    in my tree and breath.

daughter tag crossed off was it's ok.

165879_4315691175210_1759557069_n.jpg
    Post edited by javis el errante on
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    caleblcalebl Posts: 19
    Just got back. Yowsa, fantastic setlist.. which the band credited to a fan named Brian. They even brought him out on stage during one of the encores. My hat's off to you, Brian... amazingly energetic setlist.. Alone, acoustic Bugs, Crown, yeesh... and if they hadn't crossed them off, the It's OK tag, Breath, and Hitchhiker would have made the show even more epic. But really, no complaints at all, that was a superb show... kudos to the Amsterdam crowds on both nights, I think the band was clearly in a giving mood after night 1.

Keep on rockin'.
  • Options
    PopmartijnPopmartijn Posts: 382
    545006_3815174731178_389824686_n.jpg

I see on that setlist that Hitchhiker is being mentioned. That would be rarities overkill. :) In any case, they didn't play that one.

I'm still on a high. Was way to the front (3rd or 4th row), right in front of Mike. Amazing evening. Highlight for me was Rearviewmirror as I hadn't heard that one before (that was a feat in itself, I know :D ). While waiting for the concert to start I chatted with a nice couple from Venlo (that's the southeast of the Netherlands for those wanting to know). When the subject came to 'wishlist songs' the guy said that he didn't have a favourite of any obvious songs, but 'weird ones' like Dirty Frank and Bugs. Well... he got his wish too! :lol:

In short, amazing evening.
  • Options
    Av268725Av268725 Krommenie, Netherlands Posts: 20
    Just got home from this amazing show. Sitting on the kitchentable just staring and thinking what i've seen and heard this evening. It can't get any better!!!!
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    it amazes me how much better this show's set was compared to that "big " weekend last year

i mean..its not even close....tonight was way better

regardless of the vibes..the set itself blows away the sticks

lucky bastards
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,625
    So where is the Fatal from the FB set list photo?
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    So where is the Fatal from the FB set list photo?
    I just noticed that too. Fatal, Other Side and Hitch Hiker were all on what looks like original version of the set list. Brian went big ... too big I guess and the band changed it up a little.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC