Options

*** Amsterdam 2 Fanviews Here 6/27/12 ***

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,314
    :thumbup: :wave:
    gbpat54 wrote:
    LOVE THIS BOOT !!! :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    vant0037vant0037 Posts: 6,077
    Anyone else notice the little guitar slides on "Alive" that aren't usually there? They sound fucking awesome!
    1998-06-30 Minneapolis
    2003-06-16 St. Paul
    2006-06-26 St. Paul
    2007-08-05 Chicago
    2009-08-23 Chicago
    2009-08-28 San Francisco
    2010-05-01 NOLA (Jazz Fest)
    2011-07-02 EV Minneapolis
    2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20
    2011-09-17 Winnipeg
    2012-06-26 Amsterdam
    2012-06-27 Amsterdam
    2013-07-19 Wrigley
    2013-11-21 San Diego
    2013-11-23 Los Angeles
    2013-11-24 Los Angeles
    2014-07-08 Leeds, UK
    2014-07-11 Milton Keynes, UK
    2014-10-09 Lincoln
    2014-10-19 St. Paul
    2014-10-20 Milwaukee
    2016-08-20 Wrigley 1
    2016-08-22 Wrigley 2
    2018-06-18 London 1
    2018-08-18 Wrigley 1
    2018-08-20 Wrigley 2
    2022-09-16 Nashville
    2023-08-31 St. Paul
    2023-09-02 St. Paul
    2023-09-05 Chicago 1
  • Options
    vant0037 wrote:
    Anyone else notice the little guitar slides on "Alive" that aren't usually there? They sound fucking awesome!
    thank God there are people like you,i can talk about music here in the forum,than jackets and posters and all that crap...

i was thinking this yesterday about this at alive..

p.s.check solo of mike from Alive at Arras
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Enjoying NAIS THIS MOMENT :shock:
  • Options
    gbpat54 wrote:
    Enjoying NAIS THIS MOMENT :shock:
    is it just perfect or what? :D
  • Options

You said it brother !!! It is indeed ! :D
  • Options
    gbpat54 wrote:

You said it brother !!! It is indeed ! :D
    i just put wash..the sound is so clear.....amazing...
  • Options
    vant0037vant0037 Posts: 6,077
    vant0037 wrote:
    thank God there are people like you,i can talk about music here in the forum,than jackets and posters and all that crap...

The feeling is mutual D! :D
    1998-06-30 Minneapolis
    2003-06-16 St. Paul
    2006-06-26 St. Paul
    2007-08-05 Chicago
    2009-08-23 Chicago
    2009-08-28 San Francisco
    2010-05-01 NOLA (Jazz Fest)
    2011-07-02 EV Minneapolis
    2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20
    2011-09-17 Winnipeg
    2012-06-26 Amsterdam
    2012-06-27 Amsterdam
    2013-07-19 Wrigley
    2013-11-21 San Diego
    2013-11-23 Los Angeles
    2013-11-24 Los Angeles
    2014-07-08 Leeds, UK
    2014-07-11 Milton Keynes, UK
    2014-10-09 Lincoln
    2014-10-19 St. Paul
    2014-10-20 Milwaukee
    2016-08-20 Wrigley 1
    2016-08-22 Wrigley 2
    2018-06-18 London 1
    2018-08-18 Wrigley 1
    2018-08-20 Wrigley 2
    2022-09-16 Nashville
    2023-08-31 St. Paul
    2023-09-02 St. Paul
    2023-09-05 Chicago 1
  • Options
    vant0037 wrote:
    vant0037 wrote:

The feeling is mutual D! :D
    btw..anyway its from night 1 but...i dont think i ever herd so perfect played brain of j...its unreal
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    one of the best boots that i've ever heard. Ams 1 is awesome as well.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:
    one of the best boots that i've ever heard. Ams 1 is awesome as well.
    :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Holy shit.

This is the first official bootleg I've purchased from the 10 club. I used my coupon code and bought the FLAC audio.

I am just blown away by how amazing this is.

Incredible Moments:

"You take it!" Crowd sung chorus in Animal

"Make momma proud.."

"Are you lookin at me" part in Once

"She doesn't like the view"

Crowd reaction to Bugs

"The way.. I feel.. about you.."

"THANK YOU SO FUCKING MUCH"

Clapping at the end of Alone

Harmonica and guitar in Footsteps

Slow start to Rearviewmirror

Outro solo in Crown of Thorns

Baba Oreily

Plus many more

Just incredible. Patiently waiting for Made in America boot.
    6/03/06 Continental Airlines II East Rutherford, NJ
    6/25/08 MSG II New York, NY
    9/02/2012 Made in America Philly, PA
    10/21/13 Wells Fargo Center I GA Philly, PA
    10/22/13 Wells Fargo Center II GA Philly, PA
  • Options
    CanNotStay wrote:
    Holy shit.

This is the first official bootleg I've purchased from the 10 club. I used my coupon code and bought the FLAC audio.

I am just blown away by how amazing this is.

Incredible Moments:

"You take it!" Crowd sung chorus in Animal

"Make momma proud.."

"Are you lookin at me" part in Once

"She doesn't like the view"

Crowd reaction to Bugs

"The way.. I feel.. about you.."

"THANK YOU SO FUCKING MUCH"

Clapping at the end of Alone

Harmonica and guitar in Footsteps

Slow start to Rearviewmirror

Outro solo in Crown of Thorns

Baba Oreily

Plus many more

Just incredible. Patiently waiting for Made in America boot.
    i cant tell u how all this felt at the show....

unreal ...amazing night..i hope so e day something will top this..

29 shows..

this was the best by miles...thousands of them...
  • Options
    Yeah I remember following the setlist thread before I was a member. You could tell it was a legendary show but hearing it is something else.

I've seen them 3 times now:
    6-03-06 East Rutherford NJ
    6-25-08 MSG
    and most recently at MIA

All incredible shows. I've made it goal of mine tho to some day see Pearl Jam outside of the states, hopefully in South America.

This show is just completely transcendent tho. I was getting emotional just listening to the boot I can't imagine what it was like being there.
    6/03/06 Continental Airlines II East Rutherford, NJ
    6/25/08 MSG II New York, NY
    9/02/2012 Made in America Philly, PA
    10/21/13 Wells Fargo Center I GA Philly, PA
    10/22/13 Wells Fargo Center II GA Philly, PA
  • Options
    CanNotStay wrote:
    Yeah I remember following the setlist thread before I was a member. You could tell it was a legendary show but hearing it is something else.

I've seen them 3 times now:
    6-03-06 East Rutherford NJ
    6-25-08 MSG
    and most recently at MIA

All incredible shows. I've made it goal of mine tho to some day see Pearl Jam outside of the states, hopefully in South America.

This show is just completely transcendent tho. I was getting emotional just listening to the boot I can't imagine what it was like being there.
    atleast we was in the same show at MSG at 2008 :D
  • Options
    Who is that guy yelling "THANK YOU SO FUCKING MUCH" all show long ?
    :fp:
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    Arnauld69 wrote:
    I believe the guy's name is Hernan. Not sure his name on here. mtx also yelled it a lot as well.
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    Arnauld69 wrote:
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

good he didnt yell "fuck you so fuckin much".. :fp: :lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    CanNotStay wrote:
    I was getting emotional just listening to the boot I can't imagine what it was like being there.
    I got emotional during the actual show alright - it's amazing how this boot can make those emotions resurface again. I don't think I have EVER experienced that with a bootleg.
  • Options
    AlexFab wrote:
    CanNotStay wrote:
    I was getting emotional just listening to the boot I can't imagine what it was like being there.
    I got emotional during the actual show alright - it's amazing how this boot can make those emotions resurface again. I don't think I have EVER experienced that with a bootleg.
    same here..amazing sound..HD -Flac is the shit
  • Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    Kat wrote:

Encore Break 1
    (Ed thanks the audience for the great energy over the last two nights. He mentions that they had some help with tonight's unusual set list and they don't usually play this next song at this time)
    18. Release
    19. Hail, Hail
    (Ed-"I think this is one for the serious collector")
    20. Alone
    21. Footsteps
    22. Rearviewmirror

Listening to this today. Don't get me wrong, there is a lot of great things to speak about from this show but is it really that unusual? I don't think there's much beyond Release being in the encores that is really out of the ordinary and there's not even an unplayed song or different cover to make it stand out when choosing a show to purchase. Sure there's a few lesser played tracks I Got Shit, Alone, NAIS, Footsteps, Wash, Dissident, Deep, Glorified G and a unique take on Bugs but the vast majority of these songs have been played a lot over the years. SOLAT early in the set is a bit different too but this is just another great PJ show which most are to be fair. I'm not complaining about another great boot release but the reviews have this as being something stratospheric when realistically it's not really quite at that level. I know it still would have been awesome to have been in the arena though... ;)
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Options
    veddertown wrote:
    Kat wrote:

Encore Break 1
    (Ed thanks the audience for the great energy over the last two nights. He mentions that they had some help with tonight's unusual set list and they don't usually play this next song at this time)
    18. Release
    19. Hail, Hail
    20. Alone
    21. Footsteps
    22. Rearviewmirror

Listening to this today. Don't get me wrong, there is a lot of great things to speak about from this show but is it really that unusual? I don't think there's much beyond Release being in the encores that is really out of the ordinary and there's not even an unplayed song or different cover to make it stand out when choosing a show to purchase. Sure there's a few lesser played tracks I Got Shit, Alone, NAIS, Footsteps, Wash, Dissident, Deep, Glorified G and a unique take on Bugs but the vast majority of these songs have been played a lot over the years. SOLAT early in the set is a bit different too but this is just another great PJ show which most are to be fair. I'm not complaining about another great boot release but the reviews have this as being something stratospheric when realistically it's not really quite at that level. I know it still would have been awesome to have been in the arena though... ;)

You're right !
    Amsterdam 1 is "stratospheric'" !!
    OK, setlist of second night is pretty cool but comparing the boots, my opinion is that they were much more ENERGY during first night !!!
    :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    I just can't get over the sound of this boot - what a show and wish I could've been there.

From the start of Wash the sound is just unbelievable. I can't imagine what the atmosphere was like inside that place. I mean, how the hell was anyone able to walk out of there after the show after their minds being bombarded? :crazy:
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    YLed2 wrote:
    I just can't get over the sound of this boot - what a show and wish I could've been there.

From the start of Wash the sound is just unbelievable. I can't imagine what the atmosphere was like inside that place. I mean, how the hell was anyone able to walk out of there after the show after their minds being bombarded? :crazy:
    i know..i know..
  • Options
    veddertown wrote:
    Kat wrote:

Encore Break 1
    18. Release
    19. Hail, Hail
    20. Alone
    21. Footsteps
    22. Rearviewmirror

You just mentioned 9 rarities other than Release and Crown of Thorns.. that alone makes this pretty unique! Also no Elderly, Just Breathe, Even Flow helps make this highly unusual..!

I still personally prefer Berlin 2's set, but this one takes the cake as the most unique of the tour.. and the most unique in Europe since forever

Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010, Berlin 1+2 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Vienna 2014, Berlin 2014, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018
  • Options
    I see what you're saying and I agree about Berlin but have a good look at the setlists for Copenhagen, Oslo, Stockholm, Prague, Manchester 2, Amsterdam 1 and Berlin too, they all have a similar number of rarer songs. That's what made this tour so amazing but I don't really find Ams 2 that extraordinary just going by the setlist alone and listening to the boot for me confirmed it is just another great PJ show among the many others. The songs themselves that I mentioned aren't even rare in the sense that they hadn't been played for years, just not that often. I Got Shit was probably the rarest proper song (Bugs is just a laugh) from the tour apart from Hitchhiker and even it was played 3 or 4 times last year. I'm not knocking the quality, I just don't think it stands out from the other shows as I believed it would.

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
  • Options
    veddertown wrote:
    I see what you're saying and I agree about Berlin but have a good look at the setlists for Copenhagen, Oslo, Stockholm, Prague, Manchester 2, Amsterdam 1 and Berlin too, they all have a similar number of rarer songs. That's what made this tour so amazing but I don't really find Ams 2 that extraordinary just going by the setlist alone and listening to the boot for me confirmed it is just another great PJ show among the many others. The songs themselves that I mentioned aren't even rare in the sense that they hadn't been played for years, just not that often. I Got Shit was probably the rarest proper song (Bugs is just a laugh) from the tour apart from Hitchhiker and even it was played 3 or 4 times last year. I'm not knocking the quality, I just don't think it stands out from the other shows as I believed it would.
    gary,,the setlist was the last thing in this show....
    but if u insist about setlist,ill let u search when was the last time wash and release played at the same show,when bugs played with guitar,when release was at encore break the last time in europe,when was the last time that pj was the first band that played in a new venue,when was the last time a fan made the setlist,
    not even have to mention which songs left off the setlist..
    after i see 29 times pj live ,and more than 450 bootlegs dvd,that show is unique..
    cos all was perfect,and most of all the band played with energy that everyone couldnt close their mouths..
    and those guys are 50 years old..
    i wish this will happen again,all to be perfect in a show,band,fans,sound,light,safety,setlist..
    thank god they play the fixer and the poster was ugly,so i can hope to something tops in the future
    as berlin 10 during black,and come back was unique in the feeling and in the history of the band,same happen to Amsterdam 2..for other reason...most important??the performance of the band..
    was like 18000 people and the band was in cocaine!!
  • Options
    veddertown wrote:
    gary,,the setlist was the last thing in this show....
    but if u insist about setlist,ill let u search when was the last time wash and release played at the same show,when bugs played with guitar,when release was at encore break the last time in europe,when was the last time that pj was the first band that played in a new venue,when was the last time a fan made the setlist,
    not even have to mention which songs left off the setlist..
    after i see 29 times pj live ,and more than 450 bootlegs dvd,that show is unique..
    cos all was perfect,and most of all the band played with energy that everyone couldnt close their mouths..
    and those guys are 50 years old..
    i wish this will happen again,all to be perfect in a show,band,fans,sound,light,safety,setlist..
    thank god they play the fixer and the poster was ugly,so i can hope to something tops in the future
    as berlin 10 during black,and come back was unique in the feeling and in the history of the band,same happen to Amsterdam 2..for other reason...most important??the performance of the band..
    was like 18000 people and the band was in cocaine!!

I'm not disagreeing with you or your reasons because I do understand the difference between a boot and a show. Manchester 2 is a prime example, that was on par with Berlin 10 for me. The setlist flowed beautifully and the sound was crystal clear. The energy in the room that night was unbelievable and I remember chatting with the two Ians, Phil, Dave etc about where the show might go in the encores as the main set was an incredible trip and the band were on all cylinders but listen to the boot, it doesn't capture it at all. I thought the band would do well to top these shows and most opinions are that they did easily. My favourite boot so far is Arras so I don't know what that tells you? Amsterdam got two really great shows but for me when I listen back compared to some of those milestone shows of the past they don't seem on the same level. I know 29 shows is good credentials for a true opinion and I wish I'd been there to witness them but I think that this tour will divide opinions for a long time as they really brought it to Europe like never before. I'll reserve judgement until I've heard all the shows but even then, I was only at two so I can't have a true reflection. And like you, I'm astounded at the level the band are reaching now at almost 50 years old!! 8-)

• Options
    veddertown wrote:

I'm not disagreeing with you or your reasons because I do understand the difference between a boot and a show. Manchester 2 is a prime example, that was on par with Berlin 10 for me. The setlist flowed beautifully and the sound was crystal clear. The energy in the room that night was unbelievable and I remember chatting with the two Ians, Phil, Dave etc about where the show might go in the encores as the main set was an incredible trip and the band were on all cylinders but listen to the boot, it doesn't capture it at all. I thought the band would do well to top these shows and most opinions are that they did easily. My favourite boot so far is Arras so I don't know what that tells you? Amsterdam got two really great shows but for me when I listen back compared to some of those milestone shows of the past they don't seem on the same level. I know 29 shows is good credentials for a true opinion and I wish I'd been there to witness them but I think that this tour will divide opinions for a long time as they really brought it to Europe like never before. I'll reserve judgement until I've heard all the shows but even then, I was only at two so I can't have a true reflection. And like you, I'm astounded at the level the band are reaching now at almost 50 years old!! 8-)
    yep..understand..i enjoy manchester 1 better,but i believe all was there the 2 nights,that told me night 2 was better,but i prefer night 1 at bootlegs.
    so,the shows coming,i dont know how the boots will sound,but really,Prague was amazi ng show and berlin 2..
    but maybe other shows will sound better..who knows..
    the sure is this for me..i start seeing shows from 06..this year shows,was the best tour by miles..
    the band gave amazing performances..
    and i realise,like it or not,this..if we want more shows as fans,we cant have this type of quality,is imposible to keep the quality if they do what they doing on stage at this age,if they do 60-70 shows per year+side projects
    they really came to euro 12 to rock their asses out,and they did it..
    thats why i think they doing 20 per year and no nore

Mission Accoblished indeed
  • Options
    veddertown wrote:

yep..understand..i enjoy manchester 1 better,but i believe all was there the 2 nights,that told me night 2 was better,but i prefer night 1 at bootlegs.
    so,the shows coming,i dont know how the boots will sound,but really,Prague was amazi ng show and berlin 2..
    but maybe other shows will sound better..who knows..
    the sure is this for me..i start seeing shows from 06..this year shows,was the best tour by miles..
    the band gave amazing performances..
    and i realise,like it or not,this..if we want more shows as fans,we cant have this type of quality,is imposible to keep the quality if they do what they doing on stage at this age,if they do 60-70 shows per year+side projects
    they really came to euro 12 to rock their asses out,and they did it..
    thats why i think they doing 20 per year and no nore

Mission Accoblished indeed

Prague is the one I wished I could have gone to the most. It looks a beautiful city and the first Sometimes in the setlist since Belfast! Favourite song! Gutted! You know Dimi, like you say, the band doesn't have the ability to go out and do these huge tours, side projects, etc in their late 40's so although I understand the fans particularly in the US that say they don't tour enough now I wouldn't change the current system for anything. Quality over quantity! The best thing about these shows apart from being there is that they do record them and it allows us to debate about which ones are the best and if we all agreed it would soon get pretty boring. Definately the best run of setlists in Europe ever! If only they'd do a Touring Band style DVD, I'm sure it would top the orginal!! ;)