Options

*** San Francisco I Fanviews 7/15 Here ***

aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
edited July 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Ed Pre-Set: Dead Man Walking

Pearl Jam Set List: Of The Girl, Go, World Wide Suicide, Save You, Severed Hand, Corduroy, Given To Fly, Unemployable, Sad, Gone, Not For You / (Modern Girl), State Of Love And Trust, God’s Dice, Present Tense, Comatose, Why Go, Do The Evolution

1st Encore: Even Flow, Parachutes, Footsteps, Once, Alive

2nd Encore: Wasted Reprise, Life Wasted, Spin The Black Circle, Bu$hleaguer, Indifference, Rockin’ In The Free World, Yellow Ledbetter

This thread is reserved for the lucky fans that were there.

Please post your Fanview if you were in attendance.

Early Set List Source Message Pit’s “PresentlyAlive” and theskyiscrape.com

Set List Source: tenclub.net
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Check out my updated setlist. I think its more accurate.
    3-19-94, 8-18-98, 8-18-00, 10-08-00, 10-09-00, 11-06-00, 6-02-03, 6-03-03, 6-05-03, 6-06-03, 6-07-03, 10-25-03(bridge), 10-26-03(bridge), 10-28-03, 7-06-06, 7-07-06, 7-09-06, 7-10-06, 7-13-06, 7-22-06, 7-23-06, 8-5-07, 06-22-08, 06-24-08, 08-21-08(EV), 08-22-08(EV), 8-23-09, 8-24-09, 10-06-09, 10-07-09, 10-09-09, 05-07-10, 09-03-11, 09-04-11, 07-19-13, 10-16-14, 10-17-14, 10-19-14, 10-20-14, 04-26-16, 08-20-16, 08-22-16, 08-18-18, 08-20-18, 09-05-23, 09-18-23, 09-19-23.
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    Just got a call from MasterModeler, sounds like it was crazy at the beginning with everyone jockeying for position. He has officially recommended buying the boot. The setlist also seems right though we didn't get into that too much.

I guess there were 2 big ass dudes that made a big wedge and "cleared" everyone in their path.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    hathnonamehathnoname Posts: 16
    Epic show.

The floor was fine. No pushing at all where I was. People would even point out people pushing their way forward and the security would grab em. No problems at all.
    07-11-98, 07-13-98, 07-14-98, 10-30-00, 10-31-00, 06-01-03, 06-02-03, 06-03-03, 06-05-03,
    06-06-03, 10-23-04, 07-09-06, 07-15-06, 07-16-06, 07-18-06.
  • Options
    pj.uw.laurapj.uw.laura Posts: 553
    Tonight was a great show. I was about 15 people back from the stage. There was definitely a little pushing and shoving, but generally people were all right. The energy was high throughout the entire setlist, and Eddie was really energetic as well. A lot of the songs were played the way they originally were, without that many changes in lyrics, etc. (Ex: Not For You, he said "seats just two"). Sad sounded great, as well as Indifference. Tonight was a fantastic show. Eddie seemed to be in a pretty good mood. Even without some of the usuals (no Betterman, no Daughter, no Black), it was amazing. Great show!
  • Options
    goldenegggoldenegg Posts: 367
    I guess there were 2 big ass dudes that made a big wedge and "cleared" everyone in their path.

Yup, they made the floor on Stone's side a pain in the ass to be in on occation. There was one guy who deserves MAJOR props for keeping these creeps off his gf.

Other than the issues on the floor, it was a great show. I'm hurting though. I've been walking around SF since 9am. Time to hit the sack. Gotta recharge for tomorrow night!
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    just beautiful. whole thing was a gift.

PARACHUTES! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

i need to go to bed, get reenergized for tomorrow night's show :)

i'm so happy.
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757
    back in the hotel room after the show ... couple of thoughts

1) Lots of unforeseen songs tonight. God's Dice. Present Tense (again). Footsteps and the reverse Mamasan. Sad. Parachutes.

2) Ed prefaced "Bushleaguer" with an acapella rendering of something I think is called "Georgie Boy." I swear I've heard it before, it's like an oldie or something. He sang about four bars out of the blue, and people were like wtf? Some people started to giggle. Nobody really knew what was going on. Then, Stone burst into "Bushleaguer" and it all made sense. Nice ad lib in the second verse of BL ... "those rich fuckers sing ... what's the ruckus?"

3) I think ed and jeff were having a jumping contest or something. quite often, you could see jeff catch ed's eye and they'd both time a jump together. after the show, they kind of gave each other "five" and a hug as if to say, "you win." Ed's best came during Alive. He would go to a far corner of the stage, to where you couldn't even see him if you were on the opposite side. then, all of a sudden, he'd come hurdling over the monitors. he did that from both sides of the stage at some point. he finally collapsed to the ground at the end of Ledbetter, and spent a good bit of Mike's outro drinking wine from a seated position on the floor.

4) Parachutes was dedicated to Ed's uncle freddy, who was in the crowd. ed spent like 30 seconds trying to get the spotlight on him in the crowd ("a little to the left. a little more. now down. not too far." etc). when he finally did, the crowd started chanting "Fred-dy, Fred-dy!" and pretty humorous take on those awful "ed-die!" chants. Ed thought it was funny. So did I.

5) Ed went through eight tambourines on RITFW. Yup, eight. I can't be sure, but I think he's breaking them on purpose :) Come to think of it, I think Ed's tambourine bill must be figured into the price of the ticket.

6) About the crowd: There was no moshing or crowd surfing that I could see. In fact, the people around me on the floor were kind of lame. not even moving at all. the energy was good in the middle, the first 10 rows or so. after that, it was hit or miss. most of the folks in the balcony sat down the whole show. ugh.

anyway, to sum up: great show. not my favorite of all-time, but still great. if this is a preface for what's to come the next two shows, I can't wait.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    boroff89boroff89 Posts: 786
    Absolutely incredible show. My favorite of the 11 I have attended. The crowd energy was outstanding, and the band clearly fed off of it. It was the most energized I have ever seen the guys. The setlist was outstanding. It was great hearing Sad. Gods' Dice was a big surprise. Reverse Mamasan. Mike's solo during Alive was absolutely insane. After a lackluster crowd/show at Shoreline last time around, this was a beautiful turn around. Even compared to the three shows I went to back east (Camden 1+2 and D.C.), this was a special show.
    It makes much more sense to live in the present tense.
  • Options
    WesternskyWesternsky Posts: 363
    :D Thank you JEFF! ;)

We started out the evening in the lower mezzanine, but gave up after Of the Girl because the entire section was just SITTING THERE! After that it was floor all of the way. We were Mike side, past the stacks and the crowd was awesome. We saw a bunch of SB carry overs and Turquoise boys. :D

Goodtimes indeed.

edit: Mike - you are the man. I can't thank you enough for what you did, and you are right - that's what friends are for.
  • Options
    pjfansincetenpjfansinceten Santa Monica, CA Posts: 107
    first set ended at 10. then two encores ended the show around 11:10 p.

last week's forum show went forever. and that was a sunday night. this was a friggin saturday night fever in san francisco.

state of love and trust sounded weird, it was really sped up.

footsteps was great.

bushleaguer and save you, nice cuts from RA.

all of the ten stuff was fine. glad they got the "hits" out of the way tonight, tomorrow more obscure stuff from ten perhaps? RELEASE and GARDEN please.

Present Tense was magical. Now we just need In My Tree!
    91 - 11/22 Detroit (opening for RHCP)
    98 - 7/14 Los Angeles Forum (missed Tenacious D)
    00 - 8/24 Jones Beach, 10/24 Los Angeles Greek (can't find a Better Van!), 25 San Diego & 28 San Bernadino (Glen Helen)
    03 - 6/2 & 3 Irvine, 5 San Diego, 6 Las Vegas MGM (10th Annivesary), 7 Phoenix
    05 - 9/2 Vancouver
    06 - 7/9 & 10 Los Angeles, 12 Hollywood (Fonda Theatre, it's a Worldwide Suicide), 15 & 16 San Francisco
    08 - 7/12 The Who Tribute at UCLA's Pauley Pavilion! (Love, Reign o'er me! with orchestra)
    09 - 8/23 & 24 Chicago United Center, 9/26 Portland, 9/30, 10/1, 6 & 7 Universal City Amphiteatre, 9 San Diego (2nd row)
    10 - 5/20 & 21 MSG, 10/23 Bridge School
    12 - 6/20 & 21 Manchester, UK
    13 - 11/19 Phoenix, 21 San Diego, 23 & 24 Los Angeles, 12/6 Seattle (finally)!
    14 - 10/16 Detroit, 20 Milwaukee (YIELDED), 22 Denver
    16 - 8/20 Wrigley #1
    18 - 8/18 Wrigley #1 (40th show!), 8/20 Wrigley #2
  • Options
    pjfansincetenpjfansinceten Santa Monica, CA Posts: 107

last week's forum show went forever. and that was a sunday night. this was a friggin saturday night fever in san francisco.

footsteps was great.

all of the ten stuff was fine. glad they got the "hits" out of the way tonight, tomorrow more obscure stuff from ten perhaps? RELEASE and GARDEN please.

91 - 11/22 Detroit (opening for RHCP)
    98 - 7/14 Los Angeles Forum (missed Tenacious D)
    00 - 8/24 Jones Beach, 10/24 Los Angeles Greek (can't find a Better Van!), 25 San Diego & 28 San Bernadino (Glen Helen)
    03 - 6/2 & 3 Irvine, 5 San Diego, 6 Las Vegas MGM (10th Annivesary), 7 Phoenix
    05 - 9/2 Vancouver
    06 - 7/9 & 10 Los Angeles, 12 Hollywood (Fonda Theatre, it's a Worldwide Suicide), 15 & 16 San Francisco
    08 - 7/12 The Who Tribute at UCLA's Pauley Pavilion! (Love, Reign o'er me! with orchestra)
    09 - 8/23 & 24 Chicago United Center, 9/26 Portland, 9/30, 10/1, 6 & 7 Universal City Amphiteatre, 9 San Diego (2nd row)
    10 - 5/20 & 21 MSG, 10/23 Bridge School
    12 - 6/20 & 21 Manchester, UK
    13 - 11/19 Phoenix, 21 San Diego, 23 & 24 Los Angeles, 12/6 Seattle (finally)!
    14 - 10/16 Detroit, 20 Milwaukee (YIELDED), 22 Denver
    16 - 8/20 Wrigley #1
    18 - 8/18 Wrigley #1 (40th show!), 8/20 Wrigley #2
  • Options
    zooey91zooey91 Posts: 19
    Great show.

The band seemed to be really enjoying themselves, and Eddie gave several shout outs to San Francisco. Although he said they hadn't played in SF proper for 8 years; last time I know of was 95 at the Polo Field.

Was there a show in 98 that isn't listed in the setlist page?

Another question: those of you 10 clubbers in the balcony in front of the side wheelchair section, what time did you get in line?

Jim
    11.1.92 BSB / 10.1.94 BSB / 6.24.95 SF/ 11.4.95 San Jose / 10.19.96 BSB / 11.19.97 Oakland / 6.30.98 Mpls / 9.11.98 NYC / 10.30.98 BSB / 10.31.00 Mountain View / 10.21.01 BSB / 6.1.03 Mountain View / 6.6.03 Vegas / 10.24.04 BSB / 5.12.06 Albany / 7.15.06 SF / 7.16.06 SF
  • Options

footsteps was great.

It was 30 songs, including the pre-set. song-wise, it was the longest show I'd ever been to.

I think it had to have ended past 11:10 ... because it was 11:40 when I was getting on my train home, and the station isn't that far from the venue.
  • Options
    good show.
    Best of the night was Footsteps

with Present Tense, Parachutes, Even Flow, and Sad also sounding really good

was this a new/different version of Bushleaguer?
    I saw them last time they played shoreline, and it was not the same version.
    This version was much better.
    And im not just talking about Eddies little solo intro to the song (which was great).. there was something noticably different about this version.

Good show.
    Still crossing my fingers for All or None in one of the next two shows.
    Gonna have to see what happens.
  • Options
    good show.
    Best of the night was Footsteps

with Present Tense, Parachutes, Even Flow, and Sad also sounding really good

was this a new/different version of Bushleaguer?
    I saw them last time they played shoreline, and it was not the same version.
    This version was much better.
    And im not just talking about Eddies little solo intro to the song (which was great).. there was something noticably different about this version.

sounds the exact same, almost note for note, as all the '03 boots I have.

there's no bush mask, jacket, and dance routine ... so visually it's different. but not audibly to my ears.
  • Options
    I thought it sounded different too. Maybe Mike's solo, or the tempo (but I'm not in a position to compare it to '03 versions right now - so maybe it's just been a while...)

Great show...ton's of energy from the crowd to the band and back.
  • Options
    That's it. Five shows. Thirteen days. I'm done. Just drove straight back from SF on the return leg of a 750 mile roundtrip. Many thx to JeffWalsh for the fanclub ticket. Here's what I got:

- great Of The Girl tour debut to get things started - reminded me of Jones Beach2 in '00. It's a great opening track. Its segue into Go is terrific. Don't know why the song isn't used more.

- SF crowd needed to warm up but got going fairly quickly. Corduroy into GTF raised the decibels. Crowd gets to sing a verse of Present Tense and the the choruses on Why Go. EV thanked the crowd repeatedly and says, "You're giving us a lot of feeling up here." He mentions that it's rare that they do the g.a. on the floor thing - but that he sees a lot of great faces in the crowd and he mentions lots of men and women together - so that means everyone must be taking care of each other on the floor. Uncle Freddy gets a huge "Fred-Dy" chant from the audience. EV also mentions that the band hasn't played SF "proper" in eight years.

- Blistering end of first set with Comatose into Why Go into DTE. Crowd does good job of starting "yeahs" early in Alive. Bushleaguer makes an appearance after being absent since Denver. Great crowd singing on Indifference. House lights up on RINtFW and YL. Stone is flinging pick after pick into the crowd during Mike's Star Spangled solo. Matt tosses sticks way towards back of the floor. Band is very pumped by the crowd.

- EV simply states, "see you tomorrow night."

- it was good to see some of the Fonda/L.A. vets up north tonight. to the tall girl who has been tirelessly working the One Campaign booth every night of the tour in the lobby (and traveling by mini-van from show to show) - it's been great seeing you in Denver, L.A. and SF - I look fwd to seeing you in Honolulu. hang in there - the tour is almost over.

I wish all the fans some memorable, loud shows on the remainder of what's left of this tour. I'll be with you in spirit. Sing loud and teach the balcony folk that it's alright to let loose. Good night.
    Lake Fairfax 92 MTV Awards 93 Indio 93 2SDs 95 Bridge Sch 96 Oakland 97 Maui 98 Vegas 98 2LAs 98 Columbia, MD 98 Bridge Sch 99 Jones Bch 00 Vegas 00 LA 00 SD 00 Bridge Sch 01 Seattle 02 Bridge Sch 03 Santa Barbara 03 Denver 06 2LAs 06 Fonda 06 SF1 06 Hullabaloo 07 Lolla 07 Bonnaroo 08
  • Options
    weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    That's it. Five shows. Thirteen days. I'm done. Just drove straight back from SF on the return leg of a 750 mile roundtrip. Many thx to JeffWalsh for the fanclub ticket. Here's what I got:

- great Of The Girl tour debut to get things started - reminded me of Jones Beach2 in '00. It's a great opening track. Its segue into Go is terrific. Don't know why the song isn't used more.

- SF crowd needed to warm up but got going fairly quickly. Corduroy into GTF raised the decibels. Crowd gets to sing a verse of Present Tense and the the choruses on Why Go. EV thanked the crowd repeatedly and says, "You're giving us a lot of feeling up here." He mentions that it's rare that they do the g.a. on the floor thing - but that he sees a lot of great faces in the crowd and he mentions lots of men and women together - so that means everyone must be taking care of each other on the floor. Uncle Freddy gets a huge "Fred-Dy" chant from the audience. EV also mentions that the band hasn't played SF "proper" in eight years.

- Blistering end of first set with Comatose into Why Go into DTE. Crowd does good job of starting "yeahs" early in Alive. Bushleaguer makes an appearance after being absent since Denver. Great crowd singing on Indifference. House lights up on RINtFW and YL. Stone is flinging pick after pick into the crowd during Mike's Star Spangled solo. Matt tosses sticks way towards back of the floor. Band is very pumped by the crowd.

- EV simply states, "see you tomorrow night."

- it was good to see some of the Fonda/L.A. vets up north tonight. to the tall girl who has been tirelessly working the One Campaign booth every night of the tour in the lobby (and traveling by mini-van from show to show) - it's been great seeing you in Denver, L.A. and SF - I look fwd to seeing you in Honolulu. hang in there - the tour is almost over.

I wish all the fans some memorable, loud shows on the remainder of what's left of this tour. I'll be with you in spirit. Sing loud and teach the balcony folk that it's alright to let loose. Good night.

Great review, thanks! Maybe you can get thru your post-partum depression by planning for next spring, when they better TOUR THE SOUTH!!!
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    ToshalaToshala Posts: 200
    well, like I've been saying, no better way to spend a birthday, (today) but last nite was fucking amazing.....thanks to all of you above who gave the setlist.....they were on fire and to the journo from SD that recently put Mikes solos down, GO FUCK YOURSELF!!! Mike is THE MAN and he was perfect last nite.....his little finger points out to the audience are cute, lol.......his playing is stellar and I wasn't alone thinking that.....the entire band was just so good I'm lucky for 3 shows out of 4 days cos that's all I get this tour......Ed sounded great.....Uncle Fred must be so proud.... :)
    hoping for Crazy Mary and Masters of War tonite......

ok.....
    gotta get ready to stand in line......

enjoy...
  • Options
    Bird888Bird888 Posts: 99
    ok, here goes...........

what a great opener.
    sound was awesome
    we were real close, Mike's side, but I moved further back and to the side with my 15 yo cause there were a number of fans trying to mosh and push their way up front. I spent too much energy and was distracted with all the bs. but, most people were real cool.
    bushleager sounded a little blusier (sp?) I think it was similar to the version played at the VFC finale.
    footsteps, ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

tonite, I am going to try ofr first row in the balcony. sorry, but at age 48 I am too old to be hammered on the floor all night long...

props to SY. I can't explain their music, but I really really love them
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to
    slide in sideways, BBQ sandwich in one hand, cold beer in the other,
    body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "Woo Hoo what a
    ride" ! Unknown

• Options
    God's Dice?!?!?!?!?!??!!?!?!
    WOW!!!!
    Good for them!
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    God's Dice?!?!?!?!?!??!!?!?!
    WOW!!!!
    Good for them!
    you said it man....GODS DICE RULES!!!!!!! Thought it was gonna debut in Santa Barbara. So I was a day late. Bring it to The Gorge I say YEEAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!
  • Options
    Great show last night! It was nice to meet some fellow 10c'ers in line and at the CCFA benefit. Thank you to all who purchased my posters yesterday, I hope they made it through the show unscathed.

Highlights for me, Of The Girl opener, Unemployable, Present Tense, Footsteps!

Will write more later, still sleepy.
  • Options
    you said it man....GODS DICE RULES!!!!!!! Thought it was gonna debut in Santa Barbara. So I was a day late. Bring it to The Gorge I say YEEAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!

no one is talking about it!!!

its about time they busted that song out....the other song they should bust out from that album is BREAKERFALL AT THE GORGE!!!!
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    OversizeOversize Posts: 5
    Can someone please talk about their experience with waiting in line? Is it worth it? I'm going to the next two shows... I'm brining my girlfriend tonight and I don't think she's going to want to be fighting people off all night.

Also... what the heck do you do when one (or both) of you has to go to the bathroom?

We're considering the balcony... we'll definitely stand up so maybe we'll get people going up there.

Also, could you please tell me about what time people were let in, what time the various sets started, etc... We're leaving for the city at 12:00 today.. arriving around 1pm.

Thanks a ton. See you guys tonight!
  • Options
    vedderwoodvedderwood Posts: 2,029
    I would love it if they open with "Of the Girl" at one of the gorge shows! And I'd love to hear "God's Dice" and "Bushleaguer" too!!!!! I can't wait for the gorge...woohoo!!!!!
    DC 6/14/98
    NJ 8/28 & 8/29/98
    NJ 9/1 & 9/2/00
    PA 4/28/03
    NJ 7/5 & 7/6/03
    NY 7/8/03
    PA 7/12/03
    PA 10/1/04
    DC 10/11/04
    NJ 9/30 & 10/1/05
    PA 10/3/05
    NJ 5/27 & 5/28/06
    DC 5/30/06
    NJ 6/1 & 6/3/06
    WA 7/22 & 7/23/06
    IL 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19 & 6/20/08
    DC 6/22/08
    NY 6/24 & 6/25/08
    NY 7/1/08
    PA 10/27, 10/28, 10/30 & 10/31/09
  • Options
    we were in teh balcony and it was interesting, you had the pockets of people who were flipping their lid (like me lol) and then a few folks that just sat the whole time. or just stand there.

just.....standing there. with their arms crossed. during 'alive'? how is that possible? lol didn't dwell on it, but it just fascinated me haha

great view though, worked out very nicely! LOVED of the girl as an opener, never got that before. and god's dice was a nice addition.

the guys look like they're having SO much fun, i think i saw ed kiss stone's head at one point lol it meant a lot to me to get parachutes as well :)

as for the line outside, people are pretty chill, i had to step out of the line to say hi to some friends in another section and the people behind me were gracious enough to hold my spot for a bit, so just be friendly to your neighbors and you'll be square :)

and teh show ended closer to 11:30 i think, cuz i was on the road by 11:40 and i parked directly across the street.

and i'd write more but i'm tired too, and have to get some stuff done before going again tonite :D aw yeah!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Hello to all who attended SF last night. We are going tonight and again on Tuesday, and have many of the same questions others have asked... if anyone has first hand experience they would like to post..

What time did folks line up? If we get there at about 5:30, are we likely to get a decent spot either on the floor or in the balcony? I'm an older fan also.. and am not sure if I can stand on the floor all night!

Is it true that we cannot bring in binoculars? Will they be confiscated by the door folks if they are in my bag?

Thanks for any info!
    mad river studio
  • Options
    MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    I am still recovering from last's night show.

I was sitting in the lower balcony area, section 208, Stone's side. We kind of got there at 6pm and picked up the 10c tixs. We were in the venue by 6:40. :D Those seats were AMAZING!! :eek:

Eddie came out and did a pre-set, Dead Man Walking, which was very powerful to hear that song live. Then he said, 'i have two important words to say: SONIC YOUTH" and then they came on. :)

I am surprised NO one mentioned Sonic Youth's set. They told us that we were the BEST audience they had on this tour, which I thought was SO cool! They ALWAYS love coming to SF. :D They changed up their setlist a little, by opening up with Schizophernia and ending with Incinerate from the new album. I always NEVER get disappointed from seeing Sonic Youth:)

The setlist was GREAT!! I was surprised that they opened up w/Of the Girl. I hadn't heard that song since they opened up with it back at my first show, in San Antonio 3 years ago. It sounded crisp and energetic.

Other highlights for me, Not For You (Modern Girl) tag, it was nice that Eddie paid tribute to Sleater-Kinney with that tag. :D And Stone was going off during that song. Which kicked ASS!!

Save You and Bu$hleaguer, which I knew they were going to play in SF, b/c it is a given! haha. Were great surprises added to a great setlist. and God's Dice made it's debut since 2000 at this show.

and PARACHUTES!! :eek: I have waited to hear this song for SO long!! Ever since I heard it got soundchecked on the East Coast, and they didn't play it in Cleveland, I FINALLY got to hear it. So beautiful to hear such a gorgeous song live:)

I really did make me proud as a fan when Eddie said that we sold out all 3 SF shows:)

Were I was sitting at, behind me, there were people sitting down during PJ set?! :eek: They only managed to get up at the last encore. It is like, "people, get your asses up off those chairs! this is a rock show!'

anyway, i'll write more later, b/c i have to get ready for night 2!! Bring it on PJ!! :D
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • Options
    nadia you were in section 208 too?! so were we, in the front! and yeah what was the deal with the people sitting down? made me wanna shake 'em hahaha

woohoo another show tonite!!