Options

Random thread about anything

Comments

• Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,243
    Tomorrow is National Donut Day. :flushed:
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    SD48277 said:

Every day is donut day in Canada
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    edited June 2015

SD48277 said:

Universal health care AND donut day every day???? If it wasn't so freakin' cold in the winter, I would consider moving to Canada.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    SD48277 said:

SD48277 said:

Universal health care AND donut day every day???? If it wasn't so freakin' cold in the winter, I would consider moving to Canada.
    Just stay indoors and crank up the heat! It's probably no worse than at least some parts of NY, like Buffalo for example. Southern Ontario's not so bad, actually. Pretty mild winters there, for the most part.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844

SD48277 said:

SD48277 said:

Just stay indoors and crank up the heat! It's probably no worse than at least some parts of NY, like Buffalo for example. Southern Ontario's not so bad, actually. Pretty mild winters there, for the most part.
    And speaking of mild winters..... :smiley: . No snow. Flowers blooming in February. And donuts!
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,717

SD48277 said:

SD48277 said:

The Vancouver area isn't cold. It rarely even gets below freezing in the winter!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

SD48277 said:

SD48277 said:

The Vancouver area isn't cold. It rarely even gets below freezing in the winter!
    Isn't it expensive to live there, though? I'd rather not have to sell off some of my internal organs to live there.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    SD48277 said:

PJ_Soul said:

SD48277 said:

SD48277 said:

Isn't it expensive to live there, though? I'd rather not have to sell off some of my internal organs to live there.
    Yeah, it's crazy expensive. But if you live outside of Vancouver and on the south side of the Fraser River, like maybe in Surrey or Langley or something it's not nearly as bad (and there is a reason it's expensive! People want to live here specifically for the very tolerable weather year round!). So come on, move here. We need more PJ people in the area. =)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Does Vancouver have a decent old folks' home that I can shove place my mother in?
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    SD48277 said:

Does Vancouver have a decent old folks' home that I can shove place my mother in?

Lol! That is so weird you asked that today, because just last night I got to thinking about what I would do when I'm really old, since I don't have any kids who will shove place me in a home, so I might have to do the honours myself, lol! So I did a search for old folks' residences for if I ever get so decrepit I can't take care of myself. Yes, we have plenty of them, with a big price range, as well as government subsidized options for lower incomes. Yay! :tongue:
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    PJ_Soul said:

SD48277 said:

Lol! That is so weird you asked that today, because just last night I got to thinking about what I would do when I'm really old, since I don't have any kids who will shove place me in a home, so I might have to do the honours myself, lol! So I did a search for old folks' residences for if I ever get so decrepit I can't take care of myself. Yes, we have plenty of them, with a big price range, as well as government subsidized options for lower incomes. Yay! :tongue:
    My uncle was in some kind of apartment complex like "assisted living". I would imagine I'd go that route.

Also it's important to have an "elder care" plan in place, regardless of whether or not you have kids/family/whatevs cuz god forbid anything does happen to you that leaves you unable to care for yourself it's much easier on everyone if you already have that shizz sorted. Same thing with wills. I tried to make my will at 24 (after me dad died) but I got overwhelmed with trying to do it myself.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    ldent42 said:

PJ_Soul said:

SD48277 said:

My uncle was in some kind of apartment complex like "assisted living". I would imagine I'd go that route.

Also it's important to have an "elder care" plan in place, regardless of whether or not you have kids/family/whatevs cuz god forbid anything does happen to you that leaves you unable to care for yourself it's much easier on everyone if you already have that shizz sorted. Same thing with wills. I tried to make my will at 24 (after me dad died) but I got overwhelmed with trying to do it myself.
    Lucky for me, my parents are well prepared, AND my sister married rich. So I feel truly lucky to not have to worry about my own parents needs. If my parents run out of money because of some long illness that makes them unable to take care of themselves, my brother in law will have their needs nicely covered if it's necessary (both of my parents are super fit and healthy so far though, thank god!). The cost of senior care is outrageous. Any decent place where you don't worry about abuse and shit like that costs a good $48,000+ a year.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    PJ_Soul said:

ldent42 said:

PJ_Soul said:

SD48277 said:

Lucky for me, my parents are well prepared, AND my sister married rich. So I feel truly lucky to not have to worry about my own parents needs. If my parents run out of money because of some long illness that makes them unable to take care of themselves, my brother in law will have their needs nicely covered if it's necessary (both of my parents are super fit and healthy so far though, thank god!). The cost of senior care is outrageous. Any decent place where you don't worry about abuse and shit like that costs a good $48,000+ a year.
    dude I've currently got a $6,000 bill for two weeks in a shit hole, and that doesn't include the Physical Therapy (cuz Medicare will somehow still pay for that and the drugs, just somehow not the facility fees) for short term disability. My education in the world of eldercare has been straight up trial by fire.

I need to marry rich.
    I also need to marry military.

I am screwed.

Does your sister's spouse have a brother who is a United States Veteran? :joker:
    Post edited by ldent42 on
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
  • Options
    ^^^ I thought Ani and Empty were going to help you out with the military hook up, no?
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    yea i'm just being a whiner right now.

It's that whole awake since 3am thing. I think I need to go sleep now.
  • Options
    Nah, you're good. You just need to start putting a little pressure on Ani and Empty to hook you up. And eldercare in America is bullshit. I've been dealing with it for the past few years, and have the scars to prove it.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    SD48277 said:

Nah, you're good. You just need to start putting a little pressure on Ani and Empty to hook you up.

My friends said they only want sex. They avoided marriage this long and don't want it. I can continue if you like.

Most of us are ani. One of my bosses actually retired a year early giving up his retirement as he didn't want his ex wife to get half of it. By law if they are with you for the first ten years of your service they get half regardless of when you get divorced. He gave up his own half just to spite her.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    I swear all I want is to be buried at Calverton with the rest of my entire family lol
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    I call eggs prebirds or future birds
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    edited June 2015
    SD48277 said:

One of our drivers came back and said there were at least 300+ people lined up at VooDoo Donuts in downtown Portland when he drove past,....he wondered if they didn't have anything better to do with their lives....:lol:
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    what a welcome my baby gave me when i got home an hour ago
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    ldent42 said:

I swear all I want is to be buried at Calverton with the rest of my entire family lol

Yeah I just want to go to Washington Memorial with all of mine. So I hear YA. But military men can be complete Jack asses when it comes to marriage. Actually Ani, the whole 'just wants sex' thing isn't just worth military men, it's with almost all men AND women today. Us traditional folks are getting rarer and rarer. I predict myself dying single all because of moral standards. Oh well.
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527

I call eggs prebirds or future birds

Beta birds?
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    What a day! If it could go wrong it did. I even broke my sunglasses and they weren't fucking mine! Hot blooded! Fucking birds are blazing over here!

Darkness comes in waves.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    pjradio said:

That is too funny!!
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    I realized my addiction has moved to the gym, my weight and my food intake. I started obsessing about those things. My weight is up 40 pounds in 3 months being sober. Its almost all muscle mass (I still have a little pudge in the mid section I am working off) so all good. I'm getting huge which is what started me obsessing on getting bigger and fitter. I'm realizing this is becoming an issue when I started counting protein and fat grams all day. On the scale of things you can be addicted to this is about a +3 on a scale of 0 to -10.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    edited June 2015

I realized my addiction has moved to the gym, my weight and my food intake. I started obsessing about those things. My weight is up 40 pounds in 3 months being sober. Its almost all muscle mass (I still have a little pudge in the mid section I am working off) so all good. I'm getting huge which is what started me obsessing on getting bigger and fitter. I'm realizing this is becoming an issue when I started counting protein and fat grams all day. On the scale of things you can be addicted to this is about a +3 on a scale of 0 to -10.

I can tell you from experience (my ex) thst this particular obsession can actually ruin your life assuming you want one that is fulfilling, and can very negatively affect the lives of those closest to you.
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

I've been told that you do replace one addiction with another. Being healthy is a good thing. You may want to dial it back a hair. Kiddos in the house can sometimes pick up on that behavior and it can get out of hand for them. Just a thought.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    I recognize this is an issue and am trying to watch myself. I agreed to forgo the gym tonight as the wife wanted to go but wasn't in the mood. I will give her until the morning as I only go once on the weekends. I realized when I bought fat free ranch to eat this was an issue. That stuff is nasty and I eat ranch with a lot of foods. I love ranch and sacrificed it willingly.

As always you all rock and thank you for giving me a place to get it off my chest. My wife is just happy sobriety is sticking she would deal with me being obsessed to just about anything.

Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle