Random thread about anything

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,764
    RKCNDY wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    :problem:
    Ham is ham. "Canadian bacon" is ham.

Back bacon is a traditional British cut of bacon[1] sliced to include one piece of pork loin and one piece of pork belly combined into the same cut. The name refers to the cut of meat, which is from the back, and distinguishes it from other bacon made from pork belly or other cuts. Like other bacon, back bacon can be brined, cured, boiled, or smoked. It is much leaner than streaky bacon, and is sometimes sold in the US as Irish bacon or Canadian bacon, owing to the popularity of back bacon in those countries. "Canadian bacon" sold in the US can also mean a round, sliced and usually smoked ham product sold in many parts of the US.[2] In much of Canada, "Canadian Bacon", often referred to there as "Peameal Bacon", is not smoked but rather set in a brine. The name reflects the historic practice of rolling the bacon in ground dried yellow peas, although nowadays, it is generally rolled in yellow cornmeal.

I've always been told that 'Canadian Bacon' was basically a thicker cut of ham, lunchmeat style. I would try 'back bacon' though.
    Huh! ... I have never heard of "Peameal Bacon" in my life.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    I've had pain in the back of my head and along the side. I'm not sick :think:
  • Options
    Probably a tumor.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Probably a tumor.

Probably
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Probably a tumor.

Probably
    You should probably do some drugs - it'll take your mind off of it.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Way ahead of you
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Probably a tumor.
    :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Hello, whiskey
  • Options
    This hat is so dirty people can smell it.
  • Options
    This hat is so dirty people can smell it.
    Well that's pretty fucking gross.

I am starting a 5 day weekend in 20 minutes! With a Soundgarden show in the middle of it. :D:D Time to get drunk!
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Time to get drunk!

Way ahead of you :lol:
  • Options
    hgpjam11hgpjam11 Posts: 1,328
    eat-more-chikin.jpg
    I win.
  • Options
    hgpjam11 wrote:
    eat-more-chikin.jpg

Sorry... beef is way tastier
  • Options
    hgpjam11hgpjam11 Posts: 1,328
    hgpjam11 wrote:
    eat-more-chikin.jpg

Not according to the Colonel and his lady friend. ;)
    I win.
  • Options
    hgpjam11 wrote:
    hgpjam11 wrote:
    eat-more-chikin.jpg

Not according to the Colonel and his lady friend. ;)

True, I can't pass up a doubledown
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    There's a 35 year old lady on Facebook posting about her birthday every day this month. She's declared February her birthday month

:fp:

Delete.
  • Options
    LloydXmas wrote:
    There's a 35 year old lady on Facebook posting about her birthday every day this month. She's declared February her birthday month

:fp:

Delete.
    That's nothin'. My sister turned 40 in November, so in January 2012 she declared it the YEAR of her, and her husband accommodated! :fp: I think she was annoyed that the rest of us didn't get in board with it. :lol: .... Her 40th was a GREAT party though.
  • Options
    Gahhhhhh!
  • Options
    I just realized that my seat at the Sound garden show is row 6, seat 66. :shock:
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I just realized that my seat at the Sound garden show is row 6, seat 66. :shock:

That's one hell of a big row :lol:
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    That's the coolest thing I've heard all day!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    Wooop! 666 reference! Missed the fuck out of that!
  • Options
    Have another!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    That's the coolest thing I've heard all day!
    I'm surprised I didn't notice until now! I guess I'm really angelic. :angel:
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:

That's one hell of a big row :lol:
    It's a wide stage - big opera house. I will be lined up with where Stone would be. :thumbup:
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Have another!
    Don't encourage him! :roll: :lol:
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Have another!
    Don't encourage him! :roll: :lol:
    Haha sounds like he's doing just fine on his own lol
  • Options
    curlygirly9curlygirly9 Vancouver, WA Posts: 1,872
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Not 665 or 667? :D (Ultramega OK joke...WAH WAHHHHHHH)
    Rose Garden Arena - Nov 02, 2000, Key Arena - Oct 22, 2001, Key Arena - Dec 08, 2002, Key Arena - Dec 09, 2002, Clark County Amphitheater - Sep 26, 2009
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Haha sounds like he's doing just fine on his own lol

Moop? :lol:
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Way ahead of you
    maybe this is why :nono:
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"