Random thread about anything

Comments

• Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I like the word ricochet.
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    LloydXmas wrote:
    Some punk kid called my 5 year old son ugly today at school. He flipped him off. Probably should take him out for ice cream tonight.

Kids are so mean!!!! Yes ice cream is in order!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    LloydXmas wrote:
    Some punk kid called my 5 year old son ugly today at school. He flipped him off. Probably should take him out for ice cream tonight.

Children can be cruel.
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    LloydXmas wrote:

Children can be cruel.
    Cruel indeed. I unfortunately have a feeling that this had to do with race more than anything and happy that my son stood up to himself. The teacher didn't discipline my son and encouraged us not to as well. just need to remind him that the "bird" isn't always the right word.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,760
    LloydXmas wrote:
    LloydXmas wrote:

Children can be cruel.
    Cruel indeed. I unfortunately have a feeling that this had to do with race more than anything and happy that my son stood up to himself. The teacher didn't discipline my son and encouraged us not to as we'll. just need to remind him that the "bird" isn't always the right word.
    It's a lot better than punching. :) I think your son's reaction was totally appropriate, for a 5 year old or a 50 year old.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    hgpjam11hgpjam11 Posts: 1,328
    One of my friends just said "uh, you hAve a nut on your scarf"
    LloydXmas wrote:
    Yes, get some ice cream for that kid!
    I win.
  • Options
    LloydXmas wrote:
    LloydXmas wrote:

Children can be cruel.
    Cruel indeed. I unfortunately have a feeling that this had to do with race more than anything and happy that my son stood up to himself. The teacher didn't discipline my son and encouraged us not to as well. just need to remind him that the "bird" isn't always the right word.

Little shits. It's hard being a parent and even harder watching your kids learn life lessons without stepping in to help when what you really want to do is meet them at the door with a shot gun ala the mom in Dazed and Confused ;)
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    i bent my wookie

mss9ASN6eRhR0elb8ASwKTA.jpg
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    Just bought a lip stain named Demure...demure my ass, a better name would be Hooker.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,760
    Just bought a lip stain named Demure...demure my ass, a better name would be Hooker.
    According to Doug McQuaid, it can be demure AND sleazy. :)
    melina.jpg
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Oh I got my wood
    Didn't run out of gas
    Got it cut up real good
    Now I can make the cash.
  • Options
    I trip to Jamaica sounds good.
  • Options
    DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378

How was the reception to the Dirty Frank routine?
  • Options

Valentines Day ;)
  • Options
    I feel like taking a half day and going to the movies.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276

Valentines Day ;)

will there be a youtube video?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    when i left the office last night, there were 3 beers on the window sill.

when i arrived this AM, there were only 2, but there was a smilie face on my door

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    No you tube. Not that I know of, husbands can be tricky that way :nono: by taking advantage of how alcohol makes you less inhibited.
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    yaaaa, im still drunk
  • Options
    davidtrios wrote:
    yaaaa, im still drunk

:D
  • Options
    davidtrios wrote:
    yaaaa, im still drunk

:D

:crazy: :wave:
  • Options
    81 wrote:

when i arrived this AM, there were only 2, but there was a smilie face on my door

You ripen them like tomatoes?
  • Options
    81 wrote:

You ripen them like tomatoes?

• Options
    spectra sucks
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    I hate math
  • Options
    I hate math

Me too, that's why I work at a bank ;)
  • Options
    my plants are dying
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    davidtrios wrote:
    my plants are dying

I have one thats dying too. Man, I shouldnt really have kids. I cant even keep a damned plant alive. :?
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    davidtrios wrote:
    my plants are dying

I have one thats dying too. Man, I shouldnt really have kids. I cant even keep a damned plant alive. :?

:lol: I killed 2 hermit crabs and realized that I was not cut out for the human variety.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    There is no love here and there is no pain